Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #9950 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 9918, Ausuka wrote:
In post 9912, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 9905, Ausuka wrote:475 is and apparently his only push up to this point???
I'll have you know around the start of the game I had a system going where I kept my questions logged and pushed for answers to them
ok so can you show me like what you did with the answers to those questions? it's definitely possible I missed something but?
That I don't really recall putting much effort into but w/e
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9951 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Toranaga »

I'll play it boring and optimal instead of YOLOing because people feel like it.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9952 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Toranaga »

Vote Toranaga as your d6 leader

Believe the Bushido code

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9953 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9945, Creature wrote:
In post 9942, Toranaga wrote:
In post 9929, Creature wrote:Even if all scum are in the PoE, stalling days to lynch the PoE one by one is gonna be a pretty painful experience.
good for you you're not even playing at all then
I am, but I'm more into killing scum rather than setup speccing.
nobody needs to speculate on the fucking setup

the setup is open

the abilities are open

arguing mechanics is not setup speccing
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #9954 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 9939, Creature wrote:
In post 9934, Ausuka wrote:Who should I vote?
Kokichi felt the best lynch for me, but I could also do hebichan.
Sell me on Kokichi? Not really feeling it.

tbh I'm pretty bad with mechanics so I'm willing to just go with what the majority wants especially since I'm not really involved in the bomb plans regardless.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9955 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Creature »

In post 9954, Ausuka wrote:Sell me on Kokichi? Not really feeling it.
haven't seen her doing much, while I would expect town!Kokichi to have done noticeable things besides the selfvote.
Sigh
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9956 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Toranaga »

creature isn't doing jack shit this game btw

he provided 0 interesting thoughts and this is unlikely his town game
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #9957 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9921, Creature wrote:I vote two bombs if not three.
No, 3 is insanely unnecessarily risky. I or at the most 2 - if at all would make the most sense if and that’s a huge if - if we can anticipate all of the likely risks and neutralize them.

But unless we can come up with a pretty much fullproof plan, I’m inclined to agree with the naysayers. *shrug*
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9958 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9928, the worst wrote:5 tbh
5??? Sorry but I only really trust you and maybe Theta to actually keep your promise. Also, if either of you - unlikely IMO - were to attempt to pull any funny stuff like Petrifying obvtown, Asuka and me have HT, to reverse it.

We can’t reverse all 5 since no one claimed Power Echo as a power, so 5 scum could completely decimate town. I or 2, max. if we go along with this plan. I am 100% against anymore then that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9959 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9929, Creature wrote:Even if all scum are in the PoE, stalling days to lynch the PoE one by one is gonna be a pretty painful experience.
What if they’re not? That’s why anymore then 2 is way too risky.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9960 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9939, Creature wrote:
In post 9934, Ausuka wrote:Who should I vote?
Kokichi felt the best lynch for me, but I could also do hebichan.
In post 9941, Toranaga wrote:let me explain to you very succintly why this sucks
n
1 - scum was elected leader on n1 and we don't know how many wolves got powers that day. we don't know what their powers are. we don't know who titus gave power to instead of ankamius.
2 - if scum slipped into the towncore as well, then they have a lot of powers by now and can absolutely fuck our "bombing plan" up in many ways.
3 - scum can negate, redirect, amplify or BP themselves against the suicides
4 - flipping everyone in a POE and then determine that whoever we don't flip is scum does not fucking work cause there will be situations where scum just WIFOMs the fuck out of it
5 - we are playing a horribly townsided setup where we elect a leader and we know the majority of players who got powers and which powers are those. we have informative, protective and other types of abilities that will always lead to a town win as long as we don't fuck this up. we benefit from playing slowly because we gain a ton of information every gameday. we control the abilities. we bulletproof our towniest people. nuking an entire POE that's actually way too big and could be wrong is the fucking worst plan ever.

so please the worst, you just stop this mate. I know you're bored with the game and want to nuke everyone. that's not the proper way to play this though, and I'm not gonna stand by it.

I'm especially not gonna stand by it when that was also FA's opinion and unfortunately she had to not be in this game anymore cause mathblade's AtE. which honestly is pretty disgusting if you're scum, math. I hope you're not. I think you might be.
First off, I can see both sides of the FA/Math thing and you bringing this back up again, isn’t helping anything, since it wasn’t game related. It’s just a shame, things went as far as they did. :(

Wrt the bomb thing, I think FA’s position on it was no more than 2 bombs iirc?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9961 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Creature »

In post 9959, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
What if they’re not?
We're still gonna waste a lot of time with the PoE.
Sigh
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9962 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9949, Toranaga wrote:
In post 9946, the worst wrote:I'm literally just suggesting we nuke the lynchpool. It's what happens through like ~5 days of play but via lynches in one fell swoop. If scum actually do have a high number of unaccounted-for powers it forces them to throw them all down at once (like.... all 3 of them, woahhhhhh) and will be much easier to sort through that gradually plowing through the lynchpool.

I can actually understand you misreading my suggestion as sheer disdain at gamestate and a desperate attempt to get out but I actually am pretty sure it's also optimal :0
you are just killing a bunch of town, though

you don't know who titus added to the d2 team, yes? you don't know what powers they have. you don't know if mathblade is scum.

the "PoE" is huge, filled with lynchbait and unlikely to contain all scum. if it does we will win this game anyway. if it doesn't, we're handing scum a loadfuck of kills.
That’s why 5 is nuts, anymore than 1 or 2 but a plan this unorthodox requires careful planning and should never be rushed into, without anticipating all of the possible downsides. So, I agree, no reason whatsover to rush this. If the plan is sound IMO, then it will remain/become even more sound, after examining it from every possible angle. If the plan is bad, it will become even more obvious, the more we dissect it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9963 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ok so.
I'm scrapping the bombing plan.
I'll just give powers to people in the town bloc.
If ppl in PoE pool want to suicide killing someone, instead make a case for them being lynched.
I want tomorrow leadership now to be Nero/Tora.
Mostly while I trust Ausuka to be town, im not 100% sure she's into the mechanics side of the game yet, nor how much she has read, I would rather wait at least a day.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9964 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9961, Creature wrote:
In post 9959, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
What if they’re not?
We're still gonna waste a lot of time with the PoE.
A town win is never a “waste of time”. :igmeou:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #9965 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Ausuka »

I plan to vote Toranga for leader since he seems to want it and he's also towny. I need to look at MB at some point but not sure I can sort through 1130 posts. I'll dedicate some time to reading about the earlier mechanics and try to understand what's best to do mechanically.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9966 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Nero: Tora
Tora: Nero, Ausuka

So we're doing this again.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9967 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also if people feel i should out who's getting powers today instead of tomorrow lemme know.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #9968 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:51 am

Post by hebichan »

VOTE: creature

Sicne we aren't blowing ourselves up.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9969 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 9783, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 9758, Toranaga wrote:that ultimately only benefits scum
I don't really think it does though.
In post 9753, Drixx wrote:My job isn't to be the most obvious townie who ever towned and get myself night killed straightaway
it
kinda
should. Like if scum aren't killing you it means you're not a threat to the scum team. Besides maybe questionable optimal PR play, town should always try to be a threat to scum. Of course, there are some town that are like "Well I'm going to be useless all game and then be townie late game."
In post 9752, Drixx wrote:BP negates one "strength" of kills. Add strongman and it's a +2 kill so it needs BP plus another protection.
This is bullshit.
This is exactly the wording the mod gives. If the mod is describing the powers in this game as "levels" or "layers", then I'm not gonna argue. Take out the word "strongman" and put in some other word that just makes the kill into a Kill+1 and stop being a pedant.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9970 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 9785, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 9753, Drixx wrote:@Nero - I'd appreciate a concise and specific list after the game of what is "bad" and what is "scummy" and why. Bad needs fixing. Scummy to casual view I don't give a shit about. My job isn't to be the most obvious townie who ever towned and get myself night killed straightaway. Especially since I'm hilariously bad on day one. It's basically a signature of Drixx play that you are going to suspect me.
this makes me want to self-harm

and by self-harm i mean bash my head into a wall repeatedly
Then I apparently didn't express myself in a way that you understand. The usual course for gameplay for me is to figure shit out and then dump it when I'm reasonably sure. If I draw a night kill prior to that, then I haven't done anything useful to advance wincon. So what, precisely, would be achieved by painting a gigantic ass target on myself?

There are several games that come to mind where I literally waited until I felt the time was right and then acted in such a way as to draw the night kill. Hell ... in Mafiaception I drew the kill twice because the first time didn't work. But even though they knew the first kill attempt failed, they went to the trouble of getting rid of me.

So umm ... you shouldn't self harm. Maybe try and find something of value in the play of others which is different than your own and add it to the toolbox. It's a game. The game has a wide spread of approaches and skillsets which can be used to play it.

But for real ... this is getting out of hand now. We've got people saying they will hurt/kill someone IRL over this game. And now we have someone saying they are contemplating permanent self harm. Can we dial that rhetoric back just a bit please?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9971 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 9966, Sakura Hana wrote:Nero: Tora
Tora: Nero, Ausuka

So we're doing this again.
I guess I'll vote for nero?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9972 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 9969, Drixx wrote:
In post 9783, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 9758, Toranaga wrote:that ultimately only benefits scum
I don't really think it does though.
In post 9753, Drixx wrote:My job isn't to be the most obvious townie who ever towned and get myself night killed straightaway
it
kinda
should. Like if scum aren't killing you it means you're not a threat to the scum team. Besides maybe questionable optimal PR play, town should always try to be a threat to scum. Of course, there are some town that are like "Well I'm going to be useless all game and then be townie late game."
In post 9752, Drixx wrote:BP negates one "strength" of kills. Add strongman and it's a +2 kill so it needs BP plus another protection.
This is bullshit.
This is exactly the wording the mod gives. If the mod is describing the powers in this game as "levels" or "layers", then I'm not gonna argue. Take out the word "strongman" and put in some other word that just makes the kill into a Kill+1 and stop being a pedant.
Actually that's a mechanic in ToS so maybe I'll look that up and give what ToS says about it
<Embrace The Void>

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9973 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Drixx »

Since the plan got scrapped, I point out the obvious:

1.) Scum get handed bomb(s)
2.) Scum either set a triggered action for day start or just camp the game until day start to set off a bomb on Sakura.

And that's just one of several problems.

Like ... I
want
to believe that the game is solved and we could just speed up the win with Sakura picking 3 and only 3 people and forcing them to take bomb and bomb a specific target. It would be as simple as making a list of 5 people and telling each of them whom to bomb if they are given one and telling them to do the bomb tonight to avoid shenanigans (doing it during the day is problematic for reasons I assume people figured out already?).

But even as much as I've been thinking about it and how scum might subvert it ... my brain keeps saying that I'm missing something.

@Sakura - We're running down on time. If we're not bombing, we need to be gameplanning leadership swap and power pooling.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9974 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9965, Ausuka wrote:I plan to vote Toranga for leader since he seems to want it and he's also towny.
y not me?
In post 9917, Ausuka wrote:The townpool seems to be controversial.
not really. Like I think Drixx is pretty scummy. (Did you read my case+respone on him?) And now Tor thinks Math is scummy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”