Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10002 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9989, Creature wrote:Nero, are you against the bombing plan too?
I'm running for leader so I am neither for or against. :/

but real talk:

I mean I certainly understand the risks
In post 9900, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9898, Nero Cain wrote:All joking aside, I think this is more how I feel.

poe pool

Creature
Gamma Emerald
hebichan
Kokichi Oma
Theta Alpine
Nosferatu
the worst
Drixx

town pool

Frozen Angel
Nancy Drew 39
Nero Cain
Sakura Hana
Sando
Toranaga
MathBlade

Even if we went just old fashioned and lynched a player
each day scum are going to shoot exclusively from the town pool
and I just feel like for this to work we'd need a significantly smaller POE pool and them blowing themselves up accomplishes that and gives the scum less ML bait.
Agree with that and there hasn’t been one NK so far that wasn’t on a superhero list.
I guess my big fear is that the bombing is actually superhelpful b/c not only does eliminate a bunch of mislynch bait it also hits the scum in the POE ppol, if any. And that the fear mongering for Tor and Drixx are just scum thats trying to stop it b/c its their only defense?

I wish more had commented on this.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10003 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Drixx »

A pile of the people in that town pool have BP. Then there's at least me with doc and self BP in play as well. How are they going to exclusively shoot at the town block again?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10004 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not sure who has what but the theory is still sound. If scum know why are lynching from the POE pool why would they shoot there? Of course, as you say the there are ppl in the town bloc with protection (not everyone though) Why did you feel the need to attempt to discredit this?

Are you going to scumhunt at any point?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10005 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 10004, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not sure who has what but the theory is still sound. If scum know why are lynching from the POE pool why would they shoot there? Of course, as you say the there are ppl in the town bloc with protection (not everyone though) Why did you feel the need to attempt to discredit this?

If your definition of scumhunting is picking someone and just saying they are scum and putting together a horribly confbiased case up ... then probably not.

I asked you like a thousand posts ago or something absurd like that for SPECIFIC questions or people you wanted me to evaluate instead of a shotgun and you ignored it.

Not a good look Nero. Even less a good look when the game is over and you maintain your 100% rate of swearing I'm scum when I'm town.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of inane thought process put you up for primary leader. I'll have to try just dropping a bunch of single line shit posts into games and see if that's a viable way to play.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #10006 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Creature »

Hey Drixx, how do you feel about Nosferatu?
Sigh
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10007 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 10006, Creature wrote:Hey Drixx, how do you feel about Nosferatu?
Queasy. Want an iso quotewall? (gonna take awhile if so but that slot seems like it might be worth the effort).
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #10008 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Creature »

Sure
Sigh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10009 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 10005, Drixx wrote:
In post 10004, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not sure who has what but the theory is still sound. If scum know why are lynching from the POE pool why would they shoot there? Of course, as you say the there are ppl in the town bloc with protection (not everyone though) Why did you feel the need to attempt to discredit this?

If your definition of scumhunting is picking someone and just saying they are scum and putting together a horribly confbiased case up ... then probably not.

I asked you like a thousand posts ago or something absurd like that for SPECIFIC questions or people you wanted me to evaluate instead of a shotgun and you ignored it.

Not a good look Nero. Even less a good look when the game is over and you maintain your 100% rate of swearing I'm scum when I'm town.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of inane thought process put you up for primary leader. I'll have to try just dropping a bunch of single line shit posts into games and see if that's a viable way to play.
Nice discredits. I shouldn't need to tell you what to do or how to play. If you are town then you scum hunt b/c it's your wincon. Of course, it's possible that you consider attacking all of Titus' attackers as scumhunting b/c that's all you've done and coast.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10010 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 10009, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 10005, Drixx wrote:

Nice discredits. I shouldn't need to tell you what to do or how to play. If you are town then you scum hunt b/c it's your wincon. Of course, it's possible that you consider attacking all of Titus' attackers as scumhunting b/c that's all you've done and coast.
Keep telling yourself that sparky. Maybe if you say it enough times you'll actually believe it.

Speaking of discrediting ... what would you call your extremely selective memory on what I've done this game? I'm pretty sure I made several posts pointing out why Titus was scum. But you conveniently are forgetting those because you want people to believe I was trying to prevent her being lynched. Then there's the whole bomb plan which literally nobody was objecting to until I took the time to think about it and started posting that we should re-evaluate. Now we're not doing it.

But yeah ... go with I've just attacked "all" of Titu's attackers (an assertion which simply isn't demonstrable without bending yourself into a pretzel;) and otherwise coasted.

This is why I remembered playing with you while you didn't remember playing with me. You are universally fucking awful at this game, toxic towards people who so much as side eye you and completely irrational and impossible to actually play with.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10011 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 10005, Drixx wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what kind of inane thought process put you up for primary leader.
Because this is Nero's town meta with 95% certainty. You're free to look it up on your own if you dont believe me.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10012 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 10003, Drixx wrote:A pile of the people in that town pool have BP. Then there's at least me with doc and self BP in play as well. How are they going to exclusively shoot at the town block again?
Why not set up a Vig-situation here with Drixx? For arguments sake we:

(replace "Sando" with "very TRd person who doesn't have other things to do with their powers")
1) Give Sando Bomb N5
2) Drixx Doc's Sando N5 (it's a night only action I think?)
3) Sando bombs X on D6, we don't pre-announce this (bomb is anytime action correct?)
4) Echo shouldn't be able to happen since they have to submit it overnight and they don't know the target (echo is night only correct?)
5) If there was no kill N5 then decent chance Sando was target and we can decide whether to go through with plan or not

This minimises the risks while giving us a day-vig,
I think
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #10013 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

might as well post to say i am here
however i am only at page 386 so it could be a while before i get caught up
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10014 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9963, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok so.
I'm scrapping the bombing plan.
I'll just give powers to people in the town bloc.
If ppl in PoE pool want to suicide killing someone, instead make a case for them being lynched.
I want tomorrow leadership now to be Nero/Tora.
Mostly while I trust Ausuka to be town, im not 100% sure she's into the mechanics side of the game yet, nor how much she has read, I would rather wait at least a day.
Have you considered the possibility of 2 vigs? You and another who would be Doc protected by Drixx but if the other vig candidate didn’t feel safe, you for sure at least, would be guaranteed a safe vigshot due to your being immune.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10015 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

What vig? you mean that BS Janitored Vig that gives us 0 info?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10016 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9966, Sakura Hana wrote:Nero: Tora
Tora: Nero, Ausuka

So we're doing this again.
I prefer Tora but unlike Nero, he still has his 1-shot bp, iirc? while Nero has no protection whatsoever.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10017 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 10016, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9966, Sakura Hana wrote:Nero: Tora
Tora: Nero, Ausuka

So we're doing this again.
I prefer Tora but unlike Nero, he still has his 1-shot bp, iirc? while Nero has no protection whatsoever.
The plan is Drixx protects Nero
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10018 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9970, Drixx wrote:
In post 9785, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 9753, Drixx wrote:@Nero - I'd appreciate a concise and specific list after the game of what is "bad" and what is "scummy" and why. Bad needs fixing. Scummy to casual view I don't give a shit about. My job isn't to be the most obvious townie who ever towned and get myself night killed straightaway. Especially since I'm hilariously bad on day one. It's basically a signature of Drixx play that you are going to suspect me.
this makes me want to self-harm

and by self-harm i mean bash my head into a wall repeatedly
Then I apparently didn't express myself in a way that you understand. The usual course for gameplay for me is to figure shit out and then dump it when I'm reasonably sure. If I draw a night kill prior to that, then I haven't done anything useful to advance wincon. So what, precisely, would be achieved by painting a gigantic ass target on myself?

There are several games that come to mind where I literally waited until I felt the time was right and then acted in such a way as to draw the night kill. Hell ... in Mafiaception I drew the kill twice because the first time didn't work. But even though they knew the first kill attempt failed, they went to the trouble of getting rid of me.

So umm ... you shouldn't self harm. Maybe try and find something of value in the play of others which is different than your own and add it to the toolbox. It's a game. The game has a wide spread of approaches and skillsets which can be used to play it.

But for real ... this is getting out of hand now. We've got people saying they will hurt/kill someone IRL over this game.
And now we have someone saying they are contemplating permanent self harm
. Can we dial that rhetoric back just a bit please?
Drixx, I’m assuming you’ve never played with Nos before lol. I’d bet my life savings - what little there is of it - that he was
kidding
:lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10019 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 10010, Drixx wrote:I'm pretty sure I made several posts pointing out why Titus was scum. But you conveniently are forgetting those because you want people to believe I was trying to prevent her being lynched.
You never even voted Titus, you
DID
fence sit on her hard at first though. And honestly, Titus was pretty obvious scum so you scum reading her isn't the greatest accomplishment. I am pretty sure that I did state that you did eventually call Titus scum so if anyone is misrepping here it's you. Its also d5 and we lynched Titus on d3. Time to move on? Who is scum and why?
In post 10010, Drixx wrote:You are universally fucking awful at this game, toxic towards people who so much as side eye you and completely irrational and impossible to actually play with.
oh hey, ad hom. :igmeou: I don't see why finding your play suspicious and not buying into your excuses is toxic. So I don't worship the ground you walk on like Math. Get over yourself man.
In post 10016, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I prefer Tora
y?

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10020 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10012, Sando wrote:
In post 10003, Drixx wrote:A pile of the people in that town pool have BP. Then there's at least me with doc and self BP in play as well. How are they going to exclusively shoot at the town block again?
Why not set up a Vig-situation here with Drixx? For arguments sake we:

(replace "Sando" with "very TRd person who doesn't have other things to do with their powers")
1) Give Sando Bomb N5
2) Drixx Doc's Sando N5 (it's a night only action I think?)
3) Sando bombs X on D6, we don't pre-announce this (bomb is anytime action correct?)
4) Echo shouldn't be able to happen since they have to submit it overnight and they don't know the target (echo is night only correct?)
5) If there was no kill N5 then decent chance Sando was target and we can decide whether to go through with plan or not

This minimises the risks while giving us a day-vig,
I think
that's a smart plan, but there is the risk of echo. scum can echo you at night and dayvig town the next day whenever you trigger. remember echo is night only, but so is the bomb. the bomb can be "triggered" by day, but it's "activated" as a night action. so yeah I think the mechanics are fair, except scum does get to echo.

the workaround to all the problems we have is to only give powers to people we ultimately trust. that's a good idea btw, very different from the multiple sui bombs one because we're trusting what seems to be town (you) with it, instead of POE'd down people.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10021 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 10020, Toranaga wrote:that's a smart plan, but there is the risk of echo. scum can echo you at night and dayvig town the next day whenever you trigger. remember echo is night only, but so is the bomb. the bomb can be "triggered" by day, but it's "activated" as a night action. so yeah I think the mechanics are fair, except scum does get to echo.
Actually this is wrong, Bomb can be activated as a day action, and when you do that it just counts against your next night's superpower usage, so long as you're not negated or hit a negated target that shouldnt matter, Power Echo DOES NOT last into the next day phase like most of the other BS counters scum can have, so that might be viable.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10022 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Toranaga »

drixx is town because drixx was against bombing

and because drixx used BP on n3

yes those are thin reasons

but I'm right
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10023 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9973, Drixx wrote:Since the plan got scrapped, I point out the obvious:

1.) Scum get handed bomb(s)
2.) Scum either set a triggered action for day start or just camp the game until day start to set off a bomb on Sakura.

And that's just one of several problems.

Like ... I
want
to believe that the game is solved and we could just speed up the win with Sakura picking 3 and only 3 people and forcing them to take bomb and bomb a specific target. It would be as simple as making a list of 5 people and telling each of them whom to bomb if they are given one and telling them to do the bomb tonight to avoid shenanigans (doing it during the day is problematic for reasons I assume people figured out already?).

But even as much as I've been thinking about it and how scum might subvert it ... my brain keeps saying that I'm missing something.

@Sakura - We're running down on time. If we're not bombing, we need to be gameplanning leadership swap and power pooling.
You’re suggesting that self-detonation is a factional ability? How does this make any sense - let alone, “obvious”?

Also, as long as we don’t no lynch, Sakura is immune from all killing abilities.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10024 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10021, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 10020, Toranaga wrote:that's a smart plan, but there is the risk of echo. scum can echo you at night and dayvig town the next day whenever you trigger. remember echo is night only, but so is the bomb. the bomb can be "triggered" by day, but it's "activated" as a night action. so yeah I think the mechanics are fair, except scum does get to echo.
Actually this is wrong, Bomb can be activated as a day action, and when you do that it just counts against your next night's superpower usage, so long as you're not negated or hit a negated target that shouldnt matter, Power Echo DOES NOT last into the next day phase like most of the other BS counters scum can have, so that might be viable.
oh my god really?

that'd be fantastic

ok we have a dayvig now

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”