Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10025 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

RIP my protection
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10026 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I'm trusting sakura on nero cain so I'm fine voting it as leader but I do think we have townier people than katsuki's slot

just my 2c

I'm not saying vote me but vote me
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10027 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9976, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 9973, Drixx wrote:@Sakura - We're running down on time. If we're not bombing, we need to be gameplanning leadership swap and power pooling.
Leaders I want Nero and Tora, at the very least for now Ausuka can read stuff over the night and if FA was telling the truth about her abilities then she can become unkillable tonight as well in any case.
We have 5 days within 24 hours of now im giving time to people to choose who they want to vote, then whoever didnt chose, sorry, ill just fill up the rest of the leadership wagons, as neither leader has protection although will be able to get goo it should deter scum a bit from killing there.
Current people that are getting powers are all in the town pool, but i can only choose 5 and
im having trouble choosing all 5,
i sent already a team but i can change it before day end, at the very least if for some reason we end the day before that's fully fleshed out i wont be caught flat footed.
So, you’re set on 4 but unsure on a 5th?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10028 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 10026, Toranaga wrote:I'm trusting sakura on nero cain
Is there anything that you feel that I've done that's scummy?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10029 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 10023, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Also, as long as we don’t no lynch, Sakura is immune from all killing abilities.
Not tomorrow, Drixx concern is that if i give bomb to scum, they can just take me out at the start of the next day phase instead of during the night.
Also im still not sure on the use of the bomb, but if i DO use it, the player that has the superpower will be hidden until tomorrow, so Drixx should still protect Nero, and if scum wants to shoot into the lynchpool to try to hit him then they are helping us thin the lynchpool anyway.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10030 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 10027, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So, you’re set on 4 but unsure on a 5th?
Half right.
Im basically going down via my strength of TRs on the town block, and im unsure on who to put as 5th, i did submit someone, but i kind of idk
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10031 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10028, Nero Cain wrote:
I really think drixx is town. I don't know the guy, maybe he is playing us, but the way he posts never looks like anything else. so you pushing him is a little odd to me cause we certainly don't see eye to eye, and I absolutely hated that bombing plan once I understood it, and I don't like that you liked it. we're not seeing things similarly and that's about all I can say about your slot. I don't think you've been scummy.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10032 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 10020, Toranaga wrote:that's a smart plan, but there is the risk of echo. scum can echo you at night and dayvig town the next day whenever you trigger. remember echo is night only, but so is the bomb. the bomb can be "triggered" by day, but it's "activated" as a night action. so yeah I think the mechanics are fair, except scum does get to echo.
Wait explain this to me.

So say I've got bomb, I've gotta "target" it overnight, but it won't go off until I press the trigger, which I can do anytime?

So for this to be town-motivated we'd need to decide my target before tonight, thus they can echo it?

Have we decided if Sakura is pre-announcing the team? I'll state my bomb intentions if not and scum can have fun decided to echo or not.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10033 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10030, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 10027, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So, you’re set on 4 but unsure on a 5th?
Half right.
Im basically going down via my strength of TRs on the town block, and im unsure on who to put as 5th, i did submit someone, but i kind of idk
I'd trust you if you didn't even put anyone as the 5th as well btw but I guess it's better safe than sorry when it comes to these things
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10034 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10011, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 10005, Drixx wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what kind of inane thought process put you up for primary leader.
Because this is Nero's town meta with 95% certainty. You're free to look it up on your own if you dont believe me.
I’m fine with Nero for leader candidate.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10035 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10032, Sando wrote:
In post 10020, Toranaga wrote:that's a smart plan, but there is the risk of echo. scum can echo you at night and dayvig town the next day whenever you trigger. remember echo is night only, but so is the bomb. the bomb can be "triggered" by day, but it's "activated" as a night action. so yeah I think the mechanics are fair, except scum does get to echo.
Wait explain this to me.

So say I've got bomb, I've gotta "target" it overnight, but it won't go off until I press the trigger, which I can do anytime?

So for this to be town-motivated we'd need to decide my target before tonight, thus they can echo it?

Have we decided if Sakura is pre-announcing the team? I'll state my bomb intentions if not and scum can have fun decided to echo or not.
I think I was wrong and they can't even echo you at night if sakura's take on it is correct.

basically... if you use it as a day action that counts as a d6-n6 action, not a n5 action, which isn't what I figured but she is probably right about the mechanics and I just goofed.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10036 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Tora as i said yesterday, people with differing opinions encourage discussion, discussion encourages other players to voice their opinions, and other players voicing their opinions helps you find scum. Nero's town, whether he or you is the wrong town, is another story, because town doesnt mean right, I like you guys discussing, but I'd also like if other players would discuss, and specially some of the lynchpool are going like "i wanna bomb coz it's cool" or "i wanna bomb coz i dont feel like playing", which are terrible reasons.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10037 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Basiclaly they can echo him at night, but if he doesnt use it during the night then it's pointless, by daybreak, the effect of power echo is gone already, and he can go off on whoever he wants, this makes him unable to use a power next night, but if he dies anyways that doesnt matter, it only matters if he's negated or hits a negated target, coz he still used a power just it didnt work.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10038 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10015, Sakura Hana wrote:What vig? you mean that BS Janitored Vig that gives us 0 info?
Are you referring to Petrification? No, I mean if you pick self-detonate, it’s basically a free vigshot, so long as we get a lynch, because you’re immune to all kills.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10039 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 10038, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10015, Sakura Hana wrote:What vig? you mean that BS Janitored Vig that gives us 0 info?
Are you referring to Petrification? No, I mean if you pick self-detonate, it’s basically a free vigshot, so long as we get a lynch, because you’re immune to all kills.
A suicide isnt a kill.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10040 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but Hana dies. Why are you ok with Hana dying but you weren't ok when I (half jokingly) wanted Math to bomb?

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10041 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10017, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 10016, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9966, Sakura Hana wrote:Nero: Tora
Tora: Nero, Ausuka

So we're doing this again.
I prefer Tora but unlike Nero, he still has his 1-shot bp, iirc? while Nero has no protection whatsoever.
The plan is Drixx protects Nero
+1
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10042 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10019, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 10010, Drixx wrote:I'm pretty sure I made several posts pointing out why Titus was scum. But you conveniently are forgetting those because you want people to believe I was trying to prevent her being lynched.
You never even voted Titus, you
DID
fence sit on her hard at first though. And honestly, Titus was pretty obvious scum so you scum reading her isn't the greatest accomplishment. I am pretty sure that I did state that you did eventually call Titus scum so if anyone is misrepping here it's you. Its also d5 and we lynched Titus on d3. Time to move on? Who is scum and why?
In post 10010, Drixx wrote:You are universally fucking awful at this game, toxic towards people who so much as side eye you and completely irrational and impossible to actually play with.
oh hey, ad hom. :igmeou: I don't see why finding your play suspicious and not buying into your excuses is toxic. So I don't worship the ground you walk on like Math. Get over yourself man.
In post 10016, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I prefer Tora
y?
I’ve been hardtown reading him for most of the game. I’m perfectly fine with you as well and if whomever sets up the votes, prefers I vote you instead, I have 0 problem with that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10043 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10020, Toranaga wrote:
In post 10012, Sando wrote:
In post 10003, Drixx wrote:A pile of the people in that town pool have BP. Then there's at least me with doc and self BP in play as well. How are they going to exclusively shoot at the town block again?
Why not set up a Vig-situation here with Drixx? For arguments sake we:

(replace "Sando" with "very TRd person who doesn't have other things to do with their powers")
1) Give Sando Bomb N5
2) Drixx Doc's Sando N5 (it's a night only action I think?)
3) Sando bombs X on D6, we don't pre-announce this (bomb is anytime action correct?)
4) Echo shouldn't be able to happen since they have to submit it overnight and they don't know the target (echo is night only correct?)
5) If there was no kill N5 then decent chance Sando was target and we can decide whether to go through with plan or not

This minimises the risks while giving us a day-vig,
I think
that's a smart plan, but there is the risk of echo. scum can echo you at night and dayvig town the next day whenever you trigger. remember echo is night only, but so is the bomb. the bomb can be "triggered" by day, but it's "activated" as a night action. so yeah I think the mechanics are fair, except scum does get to echo.

the workaround to all the problems we have is to only give powers to people we ultimately trust. that's a good idea btw, very different from the multiple sui bombs one because we're trusting what seems to be town (you) with it, instead of POE'd down people.
Yeah on re-evaluation, I realize that plan was potentially dangerous and half-baked. I really didn’t think it fully through before. :facepalm:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10044 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10021, Sakura Hana wrote:
Actually this is wrong, Bomb can be activated as a day action, and when you do that it just counts against your next night's superpower usage, so long as you're not negated or hit a negated target that shouldnt matter, Power Echo DOES NOT last into the next day phase like most of the other BS counters scum can have, so that might be viable.
Good catch, so if you agree with my vig suggestion, it’s probably best to use it during the day.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10045 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10024, Toranaga wrote:
In post 10021, Sakura Hana wrote:
Actually this is wrong, Bomb can be activated as a day action, and when you do that it just counts against your next night's superpower usage, so long as you're not negated or hit a negated target that shouldnt matter, Power Echo DOES NOT last into the next day phase like most of the other BS counters scum can have, so that might be viable.
oh my god really?

that'd be fantastic

ok we have a dayvig now
+1
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10046 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10025, Nero Cain wrote:RIP my protection
You could pick bp?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10047 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

No BP today.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10048 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10026, Toranaga wrote:I'm trusting sakura on nero cain so I'm fine voting it as leader but I do think we have townier people than katsuki's slot

just my 2c

I'm not saying vote me but vote me
Like who? I’d say Asuka but as Sakura pointed out, she needs some time to familiarize herself with the game. I’m fine with Nero.

For the future, my having SC could potentially help protect other townies, if I am leader. However, we need to ensure yours and Nero’s safety for now.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10049 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10028, Nero Cain wrote:
I had my doubts at first but I feel pretty confident in Sakura’s assessment of you.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”