OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 5.2

Sando (0)
~
skitter30 (0)
~
Cardi B (0)
~
Music (0)
~
Ausuka (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~

NOT VOTING:
Sando, skitter30, Cardi B, Music, Ausuka, ofrhz

with 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

day five will end in (expired on 2018-08-31 07:00:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1309, Music wrote:I'm quite happy with a perfect lynch record so far, it doesn't often happen and it looks like we're on track for a perfect town win.

Shall I claim now? I am near the bottom of the draft.
In post 1311, Music wrote:I suppose it depends on whether you believe it's more important to down up or in order of most likely scum to least.

I'll hold off just for now.
In post 1312, Music wrote:Sorry, I mixed up my phrasing there. I meant "More important to go from the bottom of the draft list upwards, or in order from most likely scum to least likely scum."
In post 1369, Music wrote:It's quite likely we've got a very strong scum pool, and I think once the claims are sorted out we should probably be able to come up with a winning strategy.
In post 1370, Music wrote:
In post 1368, vulcan logician wrote:VOTE: ceejayvinoya
If you do indeed believe Ausuka is scum, I don't understand why you wouldn't vote them at this point? We have not decided on an immediate Ceejay/Cardi lynch pool yet.
In post 1459, Music wrote:I think we've still got this, a {Vulcan, Cardi} lynch pool is most likely scum. And now we know scum doesn't have a roleblocker either.
In post 1508, Music wrote:
In post 1492, Ausuka wrote:Uhhh ok so.

I'm willing to just lose if this is skitter. I don't think this is going to be ofrhz.

Music who's most likely to be scum?

pedit: thanks <3
I think Cardi is the most likely scum, but Vulcan is pretty possible too
In post 1534, Music wrote:Totally fine for a Vulcan wagon, although it is preferable to wait a while before doing anything crazy but we should be fine here.
How is this not organic town!Mylo content?

Cardi might be town I can trust you on that one. If she is I think scum is in {sando, ofrhz} with Sando probably being more likely.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Music
Music
Townie
Music
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:41 am

Post by Music »

In post 1622, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1621, Music wrote:Hey I'm here and yeah I'm Mylo lol. I was trying to like play outside my normal stuff and be all 'professional' up in here but it failed lol.

In other news, I have like no idea who scum is lol.
hi mylo!

i really had no idea it was you!

you're super easy for me to read usually so if you're town just be your usual townie self because so far i haven't seen any town!mylo posts (that could well be because of the alt thing tho lol).

what are you thinking about the game?
Hi lol, apparentally talking 'professionally' was enough cover lol :P . And don't fret, I shall Obv!Town soon enough!

As for the game, I have some time to spend to this now but for now I think I'm confident in Ausuka and Skitter town, and from that I'm not strong on Cardi!Scum either now. I shall begin the ISO hunts now lol.
Music
Music
Townie
Music
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:57 am

Post by Music »

Okay just ISO's Sando and yeah I'm 100% fine him getting lynched. Very little things there reminded me of town!Sando, and him calling AP very likely town and flipping is not a good look at all lol.

Ofhrz is next :D
Music
Music
Townie
Music
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:02 am

Post by Music »

Ofrhz's ISO wasn't amazing or anything, but I'm cool enough with it for it now. Noticed Invis's end of day reads and ofrhz was town and Sando was leantown, which kinda makes it more defnitive.

So yeah, I'm liking Sando!Scum right now, and I'm even going to display that like with a vote towards him!

VOTE: Sando
Music
Music
Townie
Music
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:02 am

Post by Music »

Okay, that's all I got for now sorry, I'm off to other games bye!
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Ill trust ausuka that mylos town n he looks fine to me awso. I want u to find somethin more to talk about tho lil dude.

@ofrhz: can you talk to me about what makes you wanna bus on someone?
@sando: can you talk to me about how your reads been this game? Like how did all the flips make u feel
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Damn I looked at sandos iso a lil bit and I aint remember shit from this. N Ive been sober for all this game I think
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1459, Music wrote:And now we know scum doesn't have a roleblocker either.
Wait lmfao
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by Cardi B »

I would like nobodys ASSES to get RPLACED so can we please hang tf out in thread please

Theres a certain Bad bitch named Cardi who's here that yalls can talk to n shit
Music
Music
Townie
Music
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Music »

In post 1634, Cardi B wrote:I would like nobodys ASSES to get RPLACED so can we please hang tf out in thread please

Theres a certain Bad bitch named Cardi who's here that yalls can talk to n shit
I'm on now! What do you wanna talk about?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Ausuka »

hi :]
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Ausuka »

btw I think if either Sando or ofrhz lurk long-term my vote will go to the lurker today.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1631, Cardi B wrote: @ofrhz: can you talk to me about what makes you wanna bus on someone?
i'm not averse to bussing. i've voted my scumpartner on page 1 before, because their rvs entrance was questionable (it was a newbie game) and i did it for the towncred. funnily enough, i remember getting scumread for that. i don't think i've actually lynched my partner unless they were conf scum (i also only have 1.5 scumgames onsite if you want to read them yourself. it's a pretty short read)
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Based on Sando's (only?) recently completed scumgame, I see some differences between his scumgame there and his play here
- some of his posts, townreads in particular, in his scumgame were borderline tmi
Spoiler:
In post 243, Sando wrote:
In post 218, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 217, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 214, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: not_mafia

why are u doing naked votes and doing nothing of substance
I'm told it's his meta and NAI.
ive played with him a couple years back and although he was trolly he was a lot more substantive
I've seen a lot of people claim this about N_M and I'm yet to see the whole "he's good as town" ever materialise. I've only seen him troll as either alignment and it's just the amount of form of trolling that is NAI. Early votes on MM is town-indicative of him, and believe it or not I'd say the amount of discussion from him D1 was fairly townie too.

I think those that have played with him a decent amount will be fairly confident of reading him, it's a bit of a "ohhh, that's how it works" kind of realisation and you feel confident about it after that. This is also telling me the vig has probably played with N_M a few times since N_M is basically universally seen as vig-bait from what I've seen, so the vig either got blocked, N_M is SK (neither of these are likely) or the vig is confident of N_M read.

CJ flat out isn't Mafia and I very much doubt is SK.
He doesn't proactively make cases like he did on MM yesterday, he doesn't answer back like he did with me yesterday. By far the scummiest thing he did was the late vote with no rationalisation on MM, and if MM had flipped town I'd have run at him hard, but he flipped red and CJ doesn't bus at all that I've seen, and that was not what a bus looks like. It could be SK but I don't think so, mostly because I think Ejj is.

I still think from early interactions with MM that Ejj doesn't seem genuine, especially compared to his later case on MM, I think he's SK.

VOTE: Ejj
In post 270, Sando wrote:
In post 263, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 262, Sando wrote:
In post 219, AP wrote:About the Night action: 1 NK only either means (a) Mafia hit the SK & Vig got RB'd, (b) Vig hit the SK & Mafia got RB'd, (c) both SK & Mafia targeted Blackstar & Vig got RB'd (can't see the town Vig targeting Blackstar to be honest), (d) Someone holstered (and you can repeat all possibilities for where the other NK went).
So I think you're saying this here already, but 100% the SK targeted Black, the SK is one-shot immune from RB as well as getting NKd, so there's no way to stop the SK kill N1 if they're alive, which they are.
who do u think maf targetted
Manatee was pretty conf-town with a lolhammer on scum.
CJ was conf-town with MM flip
AP should be TRd pretty hard this game but that's a personal read, mafia might not agree.

As Mafia I'd have hit one of those, I have thoughts on PRs so I'm not going to go deeper there. Based on wagon dynamics and flip I'm honestly amazed CJ/Mana didn't die.

From this game:
In post 1431, Sando wrote:
In post 1414, Enigma wrote:I think trying to scum hunt through draft and setup is gunna be difficult. I mean scum can easily claim VT and choose a safe failed pick. Can we just find the last scum through their scummy play/intentions instead?

I still feel CJ as potential last scum due to interactions on the vulcan cw yesterday - and feel there is likely to be scum on my wagon D1, with CJ being the logical choice from PoE.
In post 1170, Sando wrote:
In post 1169, OkaPoka wrote:cj is town
100%
Can someone help me understand this part?
Yeah but we did it the old fashioned way with AP and I wanna kill a scum with mechanics spec, *huff*

I'm not against giving CJ another look, his early game play, D1 especially, was particularly within his town-range though. Honestly though he's much harder to read when his scummies are getting killed, he's a much easier read based on his interactions with town. Given we're talking an interaction with who I'd probably put in my top ~2 for scummiest, not sure that "interaction with Vulcan" is going to get far with me.

I also think CW spec is never particularly effective.
another thing is that he expressed a very strong townread on cjv in both games. however, here he was willing to reconsider his read on cj. and in general, i don't think sando's reads this game have been completely out there.

the only thing that read as possibly tmi was:
In post 1097, Sando wrote:
In post 1095, Skygazer wrote:Ausuka picked vig/pgo and rolled vanilla so we know that a vig/pgo has to be above her in the draft and that a vig/pgo is likely scum due to the ruru kill
I don't think Oka is vig/pgo, my understanding of his playstyle is he'd tunnel the fuck out of ruru for the fakeclaim and shoot him overnight.
this was the only interesting thing that immediately jumped out at me from his ISO. here he kind of assumed that oka was town, even though we had just established a lynchpool of 4 people with oka in it (the whole ausuka tried to pick 1-shot vig thing). his townreads in also don't list oka as a townread.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by ofrhz »

i don't understand the strength of the townreads on cardi
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:34 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 5.3

Sando (1)
~ Music,
skitter30 (0)
~
Cardi B (0)
~
Music (0)
~
Ausuka (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~

NOT VOTING:
Sando, skitter30, Cardi B, Ausuka, ofrhz

with 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

day five will end in (expired on 2018-08-31 07:00:00)

mod notes:

- I'll fix the op tomorrow <3
- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 am

Post by Ausuka »

Uhh. i'm paranoid about music and not sure what to do about that. skitter have you like seen his scumgame recently? i think you said his meta was still in effect? Like he played better than that in the marathons I think so like I think he can play towny if he wants to but he kinda feels town in general??
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1508, Music wrote:
In post 1492, Ausuka wrote:Uhhh ok so.

I'm willing to just lose if this is skitter. I don't think this is going to be ofrhz.

Music who's most likely to be scum?

pedit: thanks <3
I think Cardi is the most likely scum, but Vulcan is pretty possible too
What happened to this? Why did you suspect Cardi, why are you switching to Sando now that he looks like the most likely lynch?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think it might be music :/
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

anyway it's time to stop being lazy and do a full reread I think. I'm going to take skitter as town, in which case I need to identify two town at the very least and preferably a scum in {Cardi, Music, ofrhz, Sando}
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 16, ofrhz wrote:wait i'm stupid

oka is probably town

VOTE: bujaber
this kinda looks like real scumhunting? could be good scum but don't really see the scum motivation.
In post 32, BuJaber wrote:
In post 17, ofrhz wrote:
In post 12, BuJaber wrote: I think we can safely assume that no two people with the same number are scum together.
let's not
Is this how you normally are?

Because your tone rubs me the wrong way. I feel dismissed and belittled.

VOTE: ofrhz
i think this is a bad post? how is what ofrhz did scum-indicative?
In post 57, Invisibility wrote:currently townleaning brassherald and Sando
This is totally just speculation but I feel like it makes sense to put a partner here.
In post 77, brassherald wrote:
In post 76, ruru wrote:Last night I dreamt of San Pedro
It all seems like yesterday, not far away
Is this a response to my question, or a random comment?
tbh this feels fake? Like, how is Ruru's post ever a response to brass' question?

ugh i've got to like #175 and i can't think of anything to say. sorry i feel like i'm kinda garbage at this. i'll post this and then look at it from another angle.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Ausuka »

So if scum isn't ofrhz (I'm going to clear skitter- if she's scum she can win) Enigma was an all-town wagon. Explicitly this isn't something I want to rule out but I need to look for people to have a certain attitude, a smug lazy confidence when sitting back and watching town stagnate with an all-town wagon risen onto a townie. If nobody fits that profile that's major scumpoints for ofrhz I think.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 323, BuJaber wrote: Finally invis and AP could flip either way. They are practically not even in this game.

So if we remove my TRs, that leaves us with the following complete scum pool:

{Vulcan, ausuka, brass, enigma, sando}

Could go either way: {AP, invisibility, skygazer}

Townleans: {ruru, oka, skitter, CJ, ofrhz}

Not a bad start for day 1 if you'll allow me a moment of ego-stroking.
This is unrelated but I hated this post. Like, how can you have all of me, ausuka, brass, enigma, sando as scumleans, and have literal null as "could go either way"? How do you have five people in your scumpool below that? It just doesn't make much sense to me.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 542, Invisibility wrote:anyway now i can do this
UNVOTE:
VOTE: AP
Kinda suggests a bus-prone scumteam I think.

Invis fits the bill for the above I think; he seems to be hopping around vanity wagons and waiting for town to lynch Enigma.

Return to “Completed Open Games”