OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:37 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 5.4

Sando (1)
~ Music,
skitter30 (0)
~
Cardi B (0)
~
Music (0)
~
Ausuka (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~

NOT VOTING:
Sando, skitter30, Cardi B, Ausuka, ofrhz

with 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

day five will end in (expired on 2018-08-31 07:00:00)

mod notes:

- I'll fix the op tomorrow <3
- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1628, Music wrote:Okay just ISO's Sando and yeah I'm 100% fine him getting lynched. Very little things there reminded me of town!Sando, and him calling AP very likely town and flipping is not a good look at all lol.

Ofhrz is next :D
What town!Sando are you not being reminded of?
In post 1123, Sando wrote:Hmmm, my 3 favourite wagons are all going at the same time. I think, surprisingly, I'm gonna jump on the AP wagon. I felt D1 was pretty town from AP meta-wise, but not so much with the D2. The posts are markedly less content driven and they're also skirting the edge of misinformation with the PGO/Vig hypothesising.

VOTE: AP
So calling someone likely town D1 but then after a poor D2 calling him scum and pushing him to claim point then pointedly not believing the claim is "not a good look"?

Ofrhz - Yeah that game is also what I meant with "Scum CJ is easier to pick with town dying". CJ's L-1 on my partner that game should have been the determinator of his alignment, hence I went hard with the town-read. He did the same here on scum I think? Also town here. I've also played with CJ in every open game since being back and even a newbie I played, I'm getting pretty good at reading him.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1631, Cardi B wrote:@sando: can you talk to me about how your reads been this game? Like how did all the flips make u feel
Invis I was fairly ok with dying but certainly wasn't super confident of the flip.
Ruru was pretty town so that wasn't surprising, surprised (read: it gave us lots of info) that he died though
AP I wanted alive D1, but D2 play was pretty big variance, and the claim didn't hold up muster even before it was CC'd. Obviously by end of day I was sure what we were getting, but I was beyond confident within a few posts of the claim.
Oka flipping town I wasn't all that surprised, nor at his death given his position. Personally I'd have left him alive as scum, WIFOM the hell out of the top spot being left over and Oka struggles to look townie, and Enigma was a top target.
CJ flipping town was obvious. I was prepared to listen to others after his D2 play, but I never personally thought he was scum, just not as obv-town anymore as I'd placed him D1.
Enigma dying was only weird in not being the night before.
Vulcan flipping town it was that gut sigh of "oh ffs", but he was scummy AF, needed to die, and I was also still annoyed at CJs lynch the day before.
Sky dying was pretty obvious, kill the only conf!town.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by Sando »

Wait, why didn't Enigma die N2? The CC wasn't an actual CC, it was a claim to know 100% that AP wasn't the doc.

Cop and Role-cop are the two powers that would also know this. Scum could probably deduce from play (I haven't checked this but I'm assuming) that Enigma wasn't cop, since guilties get a very distinct play against them I think. But Role-cop? You'd DEFINITELY kill a potential role-cop.

Leaving Enigma alive says they probably thought it was the real doc. That says the DIDN'T think Enigma was role-cop or cop, why?

My guess they have it. They can't have thought Oka was either since townie up that high hasn't claimed it, so if they picked it they got it...
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1636, Ausuka wrote:hi :]
Ay!
In post 1638, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1631, Cardi B wrote: @ofrhz: can you talk to me about what makes you wanna bus on someone?
i'm not averse to bussing. i've voted my scumpartner on page 1 before, because their rvs entrance was questionable (it was a newbie game) and i did it for the towncred. funnily enough, i remember getting scumread for that. i don't think i've actually lynched my partner unless they were conf scum (i also only have 1.5 scumgames onsite if you want to read them yourself. it's a pretty short read)
Ive looked at em yeah.

What are some things that make a vote on scum look like a bus vote to you?
In post 1653, Sando wrote:Wait, why didn't Enigma die N2? The CC wasn't an actual CC, it was a claim to know 100% that AP wasn't the doc.

Cop and Role-cop are the two powers that would also know this. Scum could probably deduce from play (I haven't checked this but I'm assuming) that Enigma wasn't cop, since guilties get a very distinct play against them I think. But Role-cop? You'd DEFINITELY kill a potential role-cop.

Leaving Enigma alive says they probably thought it was the real doc. That says the DIDN'T think Enigma was role-cop or cop, why?

My guess they have it. They can't have thought Oka was either since townie up that high hasn't claimed it, so if they picked it they got it...
I dont see why a rolecop would needa get shot.

Yall got any implications for this?
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1652, Sando wrote:Invis I was fairly ok with dying but certainly wasn't super confident of the flip.
I dont suppose yall were like, "oh shit we got a scumflip, we're prolly gonna win" or anything?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1654, Cardi B wrote:I dont see why a rolecop would needa get shot.

So cop is most dangerous, then role-cop, then doc, I think those are the only possibles for knowing AP was lying?

Why wouldn't you see an investigative as more dangerous? Especially going into D3 when we were obviously going to full-claim.

Implications, dunno, I'd need to look at the claims again, but I don't think we ever found someone who claimed to choose any of those roles from memory.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1655, Cardi B wrote:
In post 1652, Sando wrote:Invis I was fairly ok with dying but certainly wasn't super confident of the flip.
I dont suppose yall were like, "oh shit we got a scumflip, we're prolly gonna win" or anything?
I was surprised at them being vanilla, but no I didn't think that until after AP. I never discount towns ability to screw up a good thing...see day 3 for example.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1656, Sando wrote:
In post 1654, Cardi B wrote:I dont see why a rolecop would needa get shot.

So cop is most dangerous, then role-cop, then doc, I think those are the only possibles for knowing AP was lying?

Why wouldn't you see an investigative as more dangerous? Especially going into D3 when we were obviously going to full-claim.

Implications, dunno, I'd need to look at the claims again, but I don't think we ever found someone who claimed to choose any of those roles from memory.

What role is rolecop gonna find? Like that only matters if the last scum is exactly cop or watcher and watcher probably woulda just claimed
In post 1657, Sando wrote:
In post 1655, Cardi B wrote:
I was surprised at them being vanilla, but no I didn't think that until after AP. I never discount towns ability to screw up a good thing...see day 3 for example.
How do u feel about bussing?

Im just goin round the room askin erryone this I guess
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1658, Cardi B wrote:What role is rolecop gonna find? Like that only matters if the last scum is exactly cop or watcher and watcher probably woulda just claimed
Well going into D3 we were going to mass-claim pretty obviously, role-cop makes it a much bigger risk to fakeclaim that.
In post 1658, Cardi B wrote:How do u feel about bussing?
I don't tend to do it, Ohfrz referenced my last scum-game where I didn't bus, but it was also the type of game that you DEFINITELY shouldn't bus. Take it as you will.

I can provide some meta on why I'm town if you want, I tend to avoid it though, self-town meta isn't exactly useful. Also you'd have to take my word on a bunch of it, my only scum-game the mod left the site before the game officially ended so no-one could see scumchat where I actually discuss my thinking vs how I'm acting in game.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1626, Ausuka wrote:How is this not organic town!Mylo content?

Cardi might be town I can trust you on that one. If she is I think scum is in {sando, ofrhz} with Sando probably being more likely.
none of these are posts i'd townread mylo for tbh; i townread him for spontaneous unforced-ness if that makes sense and i haven't sen him exhbit that here yet really; i'm acknowledging that it might be because of the alt-posting style thing tho which is why i want to see more from him here

*things i want to reference but can't right now*

splatoon is the only game i've played with scum!him

==
In post 1627, Music wrote:As for the game, I have some time to spend to this now but for now I think I'm confident in Ausuka and Skitter town, and from that I'm not strong on Cardi!Scum either now. I shall begin the ISO hunts now lol.
what happened to you wanting {vulcan or cardi} yesterday? switching over to sando when ausuka says she thinks sando is most likely scum is kinda meh
In post 1629, Music wrote:Ofrhz's ISO wasn't amazing or anything, but I'm cool enough with it for it now. Noticed Invis's end of day reads and ofrhz was town and Sando was leantown, which kinda makes it more defnitive.

So yeah, I'm liking Sando!Scum right now,
and I'm even going to display that like with a vote towards him!

VOTE: Sando
this is kinda townie from mylo imo tho

have you played with sando before?

==
In post 1638, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1631, Cardi B wrote: @ofrhz: can you talk to me about what makes you wanna bus on someone?
i'm not averse to bussing. i've voted my scumpartner on page 1 before, because their rvs entrance was questionable (it was a newbie game) and i did it for the towncred. funnily enough, i remember getting scumread for that. i don't think i've actually lynched my partner unless they were conf scum (i also only have 1.5 scumgames onsite if you want to read them yourself. it's a pretty short read)
voting someone in rvs isn't really bussing imo; that's more like distancing; bussing is more like proclaiming your partner to be scum and voting them early and staying on till lynch

link the scumgames? I don't think i've seen scum!you before

==

i kinda like ; i think that's a fairly nuanced post from ofrhz

==
In post 1640, ofrhz wrote:i don't understand the strength of the townreads on cardi
basically i don't think that someone with her playstyle/thought processes fake-claims cop and retracts it that way as scum; i feel like she's pretty methodological and careful and thinks things through pretty carefully and the fake-claim was a haphazrd mess that just sort of invited suspicion onto her and i just dont' really see her doing that as scum tbh.

like i think it was kinda anti-town because it made her slot rather wifom-y but i just don't know if it's *scumy*

i think her main motivation was trying to get herself nk'd cuz she was kinda over the game at that point, although i htink she's back into it

also she's been pretty townie (especially over the last couple of days) independent of the claim

what are you thinking about her now?

==
In post 1648, Ausuka wrote:
In post 323, BuJaber wrote: Finally invis and AP could flip either way. They are practically not even in this game.

So if we remove my TRs, that leaves us with the following complete scum pool:

{Vulcan, ausuka, brass, enigma, sando}

Could go either way: {AP, invisibility, skygazer}

Townleans: {ruru, oka, skitter, CJ, ofrhz}

Not a bad start for day 1 if you'll allow me a moment of ego-stroking.
This is unrelated but I hated this post. Like, how can you have all of me, ausuka, brass, enigma, sando as scumleans, and have literal null as "could go either way"? How do you have five people in your scumpool below that? It just doesn't make much sense to me.
having both scum in your 'could go either way' pile is kinda meh

aside what do you think about bujaber's rep-out?

==
In post 1653, Sando wrote:Wait, why didn't Enigma die N2? The CC wasn't an actual CC, it was a claim to know 100% that AP wasn't the doc.

i'm kinda interested in why *oka* was the kill that night if they weren't killing enigma

n1 - ruru; widely townread + scum knew she was fake-claiming; much discussion over this
n2 - oka
n3 - enigma; known to be a pr of some sort that was like never partners with ap
n4 - conftown!sky; pretty obvious kill

oka's kinda the odd one out and i'm not sure why they waited a night to kill enigma

he was kinda scumreading ausuka but i'm pretty sure ausuka is town so i don't think he was killed for his scumreads unless they were like trying to frame her or something; also looking at how he jumped on the ap wagon i don't know if he could have been pushed as a viable ap partner

the obvious answer is that he had a high draft-pick so maybe they just thought he was a decently strong tpr? i don't think he was super widely townread at that point iirc

so you think that last scum is rolecop (and thus didn't think enigma was a rolecop) and lied about it? practically speaking tho do u think there is a way for us to identify said rolecop? because otherwise this is just setup spec that isn't super helpful rn
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1660, skitter30 wrote:this is kinda townie from mylo imo tho

have you played with sando before?
This is what's confusing me, afaik only completed a game I replaced out of (nothing to do with Mylo) as town.
In post 1660, skitter30 wrote:i'm kinda interested in why *oka* was the kill that night if they weren't killing enigma

n1 - ruru; widely townread + scum knew she was fake-claiming; much discussion over this
n2 - oka
n3 - enigma; known to be a pr of some sort that was like never partners with ap
n4 - conftown!sky; pretty obvious kill

oka's kinda the odd one out and i'm not sure why they waited a night to kill enigma

he was kinda scumreading ausuka but i'm pretty sure ausuka is town so i don't think he was killed for his scumreads unless they were like trying to frame her or something; also looking at how he jumped on the ap wagon i don't know if he could have been pushed as a viable ap partner

the obvious answer is that he had a high draft-pick so maybe they just thought he was a decently strong tpr? i don't think he was super widely townread at that point iirc

so you think that last scum is rolecop (and thus didn't think enigma was a rolecop) and lied about it? practically speaking tho do u think there is a way for us to identify said rolecop? because otherwise this is just setup spec that isn't super helpful rn
Not only killed Oka, killed Oka through a doc, it's all over a weird kill.

Dunno if there's any practical way at this stage, no.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by ofrhz »

It's really likely that AP activated his PGO ability N1 after that lolhammer

So the rolecop/cop couldn't have known that AP wasn't the doctor since there was only one town death --> Enigma wasn't a cop. I don't think we can conclusively say that scum have a cop basically
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1654, Cardi B wrote: What are some things that make a vote on scum look like a bus vote to you?
Hmm, maybe having a questionable reason for jumping on a wagon on scum when the lynch is very likely to go through? like a combination of the timing and the reason for voting

Generally speaking, I'm not great at identifying SvS interactions. Off the top of my head, I can recall one instance where I identified bussing, but that was only because I was independently scumreading the people on the wagon and the person who was being run up had already flipped scum lol
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1660, skitter30 wrote: voting someone in rvs isn't really bussing imo; that's more like distancing; bussing is more like proclaiming your partner to be scum and voting them early and staying on till lynch

link the scumgames? I don't think i've seen scum!you before
Yeah I also kept pushing them for a little bit after the vote

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=76009
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=76121
In post 1640, ofrhz wrote:i don't understand the strength of the townreads on cardi
basically i don't think that someone with her playstyle/thought processes fake-claims cop and retracts it that way as scum; i feel like she's pretty methodological and careful and thinks things through pretty carefully and the fake-claim was a haphazrd mess that just sort of invited suspicion onto her and i just dont' really see her doing that as scum tbh.

like i think it was kinda anti-town because it made her slot rather wifom-y but i just don't know if it's *scumy*

i think her main motivation was trying to get herself nk'd cuz she was kinda over the game at that point, although i htink she's back into it

also she's been pretty townie (especially over the last couple of days) independent of the claim

what are you thinking about her now?
Her thought processes are ok in that they're internally consistent, but she hasn't done anything that is really towny. She has kind of gone for low hanging fruit for most of the game. D1 she was scumreading okapoka, who after reading Donner Party, is kind of an easy mislynch, but this isn't scum indicative for cardi unless she had already played with Oka. Vulcan was also kind of LHF, but also a lot of townies went after vulcan. Her predecessor was lean scum. Basically, I would typically metadive here to get a more confident read, but there is no meta for her.

The only thing I could see as kind of town is the hypo inno thing; I think I see your point about the hypo inno cop in that I don't think scum would hypo inno someone they literally just voted for, so that's reckless in a sort of towny way. However, she was less towny than Bujaber (no real read on Music/Mylo), and I am leaning towards Sando town after reading his newbie game with CJV.
aside what do you think about bujaber's rep-out?
I think it's towny, but I can't be super sure unless I metadive Bujaber to see if he overreacts like that as town or is capable of that ate as scum.

the obvious answer is that he had a high draft-pick so maybe they just thought he was a decently strong tpr?
i don't think he was super widely townread at that point iirc

Taking into consideration about what i said about scum likely knowing Enigma was a doctor/rb, I would guess the bolded is why oka was nk'ed. Although oka did kind of softclaim useless tpr, so I'm not sure
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1662, ofrhz wrote:It's really likely that AP activated his PGO ability N1 after that lolhammer

So the rolecop/cop couldn't have known that AP wasn't the doctor since there was only one town death --> Enigma wasn't a cop. I don't think we can conclusively say that scum have a cop basically
Oh this is a good point, activating PGO N1 would mean they knew for sure that it was an investigate.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1665, Sando wrote:Oh this is a good point, activating PGO N1 would mean they knew for sure that it
was
an investigate.
wasn't*
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:18 am

Post by the worst »

Myloninja13 replaces Music.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:19 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 5.5

Sando (1)
~ Myloninja13,
skitter30 (0)
~
Cardi B (0)
~
Myloninja13 (0)
~
Ausuka (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~

NOT VOTING:
Sando, skitter30, Cardi B, Ausuka, ofrhz

with 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

day five will end in (expired on 2018-08-31 07:00:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:22 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Hi guys! I've replaced into the same game twice now lol.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:24 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1651, Sando wrote:
In post 1628, Music wrote:Okay just ISO's Sando and yeah I'm 100% fine him getting lynched. Very little things there reminded me of town!Sando, and him calling AP very likely town and flipping is not a good look at all lol.

The time I played with you in Making Friends and Enemies!

Although you were a town PR there...
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:27 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1643, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1508, Music wrote:
In post 1492, Ausuka wrote:Uhhh ok so.

I'm willing to just lose if this is skitter. I don't think this is going to be ofrhz.

Music who's most likely to be scum?

pedit: thanks <3
I think Cardi is the most likely scum, but Vulcan is pretty possible too
What happened to this? Why did you suspect Cardi, why are you switching to Sando now that he looks like the most likely lynch?
Well... I literally just sheeped towns consensus because I didn't actually have any real opinions lol.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:28 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1644, Ausuka wrote:I think it might be music :/
Sorry, I may disappoint you here, my role PM does specify I'm a townie... :P
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:16 am

Post by Sando »

In post 1670, Myloninja13 wrote:

That's not my finest hour as town, I even replaced out due to conflicts :P

But yeah, I hate playing as PRs.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:21 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 1673, Sando wrote:
In post 1670, Myloninja13 wrote:

That's not my finest hour as town, I even replaced out due to conflicts :P

But yeah, I hate playing as PRs.
Yeah, it's probably not fair to call you out on differences between this one and that one lol.

I think I'm fine playing PR's (I played one game I'm SUPER proud of where I correctly watched the night kill, got tracked to prove the result and called out mafia. But for some reason I was lynched over obv!Mafia lol), but I do understand hating a type of role lol.

Return to “Completed Open Games”