Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11500 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Sando »

Ok it's actually Town = Scum+2 for Mylo.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11501 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Toranaga »

unpetrify sakura, nancy
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11502 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 11497, Creature wrote:
In post 11477, Drixx wrote:1.) {Sakura, Tora, Nancy} are the remaining scum and they were able to make Math leader by outvoting {Ausuka, Gamma} as Math would not have won a tie.
Yah, that sounds stupid.
Four people were assigned to vote for Nero: {Ausuka, Sakura, Nancy, Tora}
A fifth person claims to have voted for Nero: {Gamma}

It's irrelevant who voted for Ausuka. The only way Math ends up as leader is for scum to vote Math. There's only 3 scum left. Even if we take Nancy out of the equation and assume she is honest and actually intentionally screwed with the plan and voted elsewhere AND we believe she thought Ausuka would have leader protection last night AND we assume she wouldn't have said so long before she did ...

We still have the following voting for Nero: {Ausuka, Sakura, Gamma, Tora}

Scum can't get Math elected that way.

So let's assume that dying removes your vote. That leaves {Sakura, Gamma Tora}.

Math doesn't win a 3v3 tie against Nero because of the tie rules.

So let's assume that Petrify removes your vote. That leaves {Gamma, Tora}.

Math still can't be scum because Math needs
THREE
votes to get elected due to losing ties against Nero.

So the only ways we end up with Math as leader are:

1.) 2-3 people in the pool who were supposed to and claimed to vote for Nero are scum: {
Ausuka
, Sakura, Gamma, Tora, Nancy} are that pool.

2.) Scum has a factional ability to put whomever they want in as leader.

This doesn't 100% clear Math, but it's going to be really freaking hard to make the numbers work and have Math be scum at this point.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #11503 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11496, Toranaga wrote:
In post 11492, Nero Cain wrote:If Math needed 3 votes to beat me doesn't this point to not Math scum? Otherwise, we are assuming that a rouge town voted Math.
he is obvscum

the theory is that since math can't self vote, the numbers don't add up unless wolves pack voted town math, you see? that's why drixx is saying it. I thought that was why you were saying it too but I see you haven't got there yet...
So, let me process even more insanity. :lol:

Drixx honestly believes Math is town, despite obviously lying about his precog list. Okay. Someone, please shoot me now. My brain cells are committing hari kari at an alarming rate, the more I read this thred. Like, if Math seriously isn’t scum here, I have no business ever playing Mafia agin. But, there’s just no freaking way, he isn’t. Why does town!Math ever lie about this and as Nero correctly pointed out, if he didn’t know the list, then how does he get 3 out of 6 right?

Could Drixx seriously be townreading Math after all of that?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11504 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but I'm town reading Math too based on mechanics. Math needs 3 votes and assuming he can't vote himself there was only two scum that could vote him or he's not scum and all 3 scum voted him. Right?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11505 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 11500, Sando wrote:Ok it's actually Town = Scum+2 for Mylo.
We won't actually see a MYLO day if we lose. With Petrify being effectively a 2nd kill, the numbers never get us there with 3 scum alive.

9v3
8v3
6v3
5v3
3v3

That's how it progresses if we mislynch twice and see kill+petrify twice.

That assumes no doc echo onto scum who can bomb for a sudden parity win.

We're kind of a lot closer to losing than some of you realize. I.E. me suggesting we treat today as if it were LYLO.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11506 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 11503, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11496, Toranaga wrote:
In post 11492, Nero Cain wrote:If Math needed 3 votes to beat me doesn't this point to not Math scum? Otherwise, we are assuming that a rouge town voted Math.
he is obvscum

the theory is that since math can't self vote, the numbers don't add up unless wolves pack voted town math, you see? that's why drixx is saying it. I thought that was why you were saying it too but I see you haven't got there yet...
So, let me process even more insanity. :lol:

Drixx honestly believes Math is town, despite obviously lying about his precog list. Okay. Someone, please shoot me now. My brain cells are committing hari kari at an alarming rate, the more I read this thred. Like, if Math seriously isn’t scum here, I have no business ever playing Mafia agin. But, there’s just no freaking way, he isn’t. Why does town!Math ever lie about this and as Nero correctly pointed out, if he didn’t know the list, then how does he get 3 out of 6 right?

Could Drixx seriously be townreading Math after all of that?
Outside of mod error or a scum factional ability to force a leader choice the numbers don't lie.

While you're actually paying attention: can you explain why you deviated from the plan?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11507 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

My only other thought is that scum have a factional ability of
In post 11400, The Dream Weaver wrote:Mind Control: Target another player. You may move their vote once before the end of the next Day Phase. You may change its position by PM'ing the Mod (me).
that works on the leader votes, idk.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #11508 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11480, Drixx wrote:
In post 11474, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11456, Toranaga wrote:
In post 11454, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11427, Toranaga wrote:
In post 11414, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11292, Sando wrote:
In post 11288, the worst wrote:ughhh in Tora's memory I feel we should just lynch Theta Nancy and Math and win but ye it works
If Tora his scum!Theta here I don't see how we possibly lose. It confirms Nancy+Math as scum.

I think we want Tora to bomb Theta either way today, but I'd like to work out the mylo bit first.
No, it fucking doesn’t. Please explain why I begged the person who was NK - whom I fucking used HT on - to use bp that night? Oh and yeah, let’s just allow the 2 hidden scum to kill every night with 0 accountability. If town is seriously this brain dead, then scum deserves to win this. What’s really depressing. is we don’t have to let this happen but no one wants to listen to me, so we’re clearly fucked. Good work, guys. \o/

Except obviously Nero, who seems to be seeing things clearly. At least if I get stupidly mislynched, hopefully he might be able to hopefully turn things around?

I know that UFO and Sando seem to be content to allow the 2 hidden scum to coast. lol
why are you talking shit about me? you got powers every day and you caught 0 scum. stop blaming other people for your losses.
You are advocating for my mislynch, for I don’t even understand for what possible reasons. So, yeah, I think I’ve fucking earned that right now, don’t you think? :roll:
no you don't. who is scum, then? give us solutions.
Yes I have totally fucking have!

Other then obviously Math? I don’t know. I really thought Nos was scum but then why wouldn’t he have killed me? I am a bit suspicious of the worst, who should be able to read me correctly, for parking that vote on me. I dunno, I obviously was wrong about leashing Math. However, what I am feeling extremely confident about is that we have 2 hidden scum left in this game. I 100% believe that both Titus and Math lied about giving Ank/Stun powers. We figure out who they are, we win.
If Gamma Emerald is telling the truth about voting for Nero, Math literally cannot be scum here unless scum were given a factional ability to force leader choice.

Given that the premise of this game was that we all started as "aspiring" and had no powers, then it follows that scum
should
only have a factional kill power and otherwise needed to be townread and included in the teams to get other powers.

It's possible there are other factional abilities. I don't see it as very plausible though. It would require either a very poor game design choice or a hidden mechanic which allows scum to pick up non public abilities. Those things just seem like a big reach when we already have a logical answer to what we see.
Math said something about scum having global roleblocking, didn’t he?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11509 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 11504, Nero Cain wrote:but I'm town reading Math too based on mechanics. Math needs 3 votes and assuming he can't vote himself there was only two scum that could vote him or he's not scum and all 3 scum voted him. Right?
Since you were off the mislynch, Math could only be leader over you by getting more votes. Even if you had been on the mislynch you would still win ties because Math was leader previously.
In post 11507, Nero Cain wrote:My only other thought is that scum have a factional ability of
In post 11400, The Dream Weaver wrote:Mind Control: Target another player. You may move their vote once before the end of the next Day Phase. You may change its position by PM'ing the Mod (me).
I really think that scum only has a kill as a factional ability. It otherwise breaks the entire point of the setup. Earn a plurality of votes to gain powers for you and whomever you choose.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #11510 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:59 am

Post by the worst »

In post 11472, MathBlade wrote:
In post 11470, Toranaga wrote:yes

and gamma says he voted nero

I have no idea what's going on
Factionals. Scum framed me. Then again I think you know that don’t you?

Scum are playing on the fact you dislike how I interacted with FA and hoping you will lead the charge against me.
who's scum in this scenario?
sounds like a good ol' hypothetical super ghost ninja Illuminati scumteam
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11511 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 11509, Drixx wrote:
In post 11504, Nero Cain wrote:but I'm town reading Math too based on mechanics. Math needs 3 votes and assuming he can't vote himself there was only two scum that could vote him or he's not scum and all 3 scum voted him. Right?
Since you were off the mislynch, Math could only be leader over you by getting more votes. Even if you had been on the mislynch you would still win ties because Math was leader previously.
In post 11507, Nero Cain wrote:My only other thought is that scum have a factional ability of
I really think that scum only has a kill as a factional ability. It otherwise breaks the entire point of the setup. Earn a plurality of votes to gain powers for you and whomever you choose.
I don’t really think that is the case Drixx.

Mainly because it forces town imho to play antiwin con to do anything. Plus if they don’t give powers to the townread then it is a scum claim. With all the good powers and circle jerk potential scum have to have something.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #11512 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mainly if scum only had the kill then playing UTR scum is entirely invalid playstyle.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11513 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Scum are Nancy, Tora, Gamma?

Nancy/Tora don't vote me like they were supposed to and Gamma claims to have voted me for shit all reason.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #11514 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11499, Nero Cain wrote:I still don't think Sakura is scum but Tora/Nancy makes sense.
Why? We have 2 superheroes unaccounted for on both N2 and 4. Who did Titus give power to if not Ank?
Who did Math (yes, I honestly can’t see town!Math only posting half a correct results list) give powers to i,stezd of Stun?

I can’t see what world as I believe Theta pointed out where UFO and Math are ever w/w in this game. I just don’t think they are enough good actors to pull that off, so UFO is probably town.

Math also probably lied about the TIME he found out his precog results, so why wouldn’t it been possible for him to have used petrification last night? He even freaking claimed to have it and pushed to let him use it with town’s blessing.

He also suspiciously pushed the worst’s halfbaked bomb plan. If you let Math skate here, he deserves his win. :(
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #11515 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I think we got so focused on breaking the setup we forgot to scumhunt

@The worst I am thinking Tor with his omgus after I suspected him
He reads like “Fine. You didn’t take my mislynch yesterday. What about now?!?!?!@

He to this day hasn’t tried to case me or answer the questions anyone calling me scum I said would need to answer.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11516 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 11514, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11499, Nero Cain wrote:I still don't think Sakura is scum but Tora/Nancy makes sense.
Why? We have 2 superheroes unaccounted for on both N2 and 4. Who did Titus give power to if not Ank?
Who did Math (yes, I honestly can’t see town!Math only posting half a correct results list) give powers to i,stezd of Stun?

I can’t see what world as I believe Theta pointed out where UFO and Math are ever w/w in this game. I just don’t think they are enough good actors to pull that off, so UFO is probably town.

Math also probably lied about the TIME he found out his precog results, so why wouldn’t it been possible for him to have used petrification last night? He even freaking claimed to have it and pushed to let him use it with town’s blessing.

He also suspiciously pushed the worst’s halfbaked bomb plan. If you let Math skate here, he deserves his win. :(
y do you think I'm not leader?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11517 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm also lynching Math tomorrow if I'm not on the superhero team.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #11518 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 11515, MathBlade wrote:I think we got so focused on breaking the setup we forgot to scumhunt
:thinking:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11519 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like if
In post 11502, Drixx wrote:{
Ausuka
, Sakura, Gamma, Tora, Nancy}
these 4 voted for me then I should be leader. So not everyone voted me here.

Tora bombs today or eats rope.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11520 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

im pretty mad @ myself for suspecting Nancy like d3? and not going harder @ her.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #11521 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11501, Toranaga wrote:unpetrify sakura, nancy
If Math is the one who petrified Sakura and all signs point to that, then you know I am powerless to heal tomorrow. Do you really think scum!Math doesn’t petrify again tonight?

I am the only one who can reverse this? What if scum has an echo? Then, there will be 1 NK and 2 petrifies. Don’t you honestly think it better that I wait until we can safely lynch him?

I will obviously do what town wishes but I honestly don’t think it’s the best plan for town, to have their healer powerless to reverse any possible petrifications the following night. We can’t kill Math now, which we could have had you waited until either no lynch, night or the following day to use your bomb.

So, if the majority actually think my healing Sakura now and being powerless tomorrow is best, I’ll of course do it but I won’t be able to reverse any more possible petrifications until D7, at the earliest.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11522 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 11502, Drixx wrote:So let's assume that dying removes your vote.
So let's assume that Petrify removes your vote.
They don't.
Sigh
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #11523 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11502, Drixx wrote:
In post 11497, Creature wrote:
In post 11477, Drixx wrote:1.) {Sakura, Tora, Nancy} are the remaining scum and they were able to make Math leader by outvoting {Ausuka, Gamma} as Math would not have won a tie.
Yah, that sounds stupid.
Four people were assigned to vote for Nero: {Ausuka, Sakura, Nancy, Tora}
A fifth person claims to have voted for Nero: {Gamma}

It's irrelevant who voted for Ausuka. The only way Math ends up as leader is for scum to vote Math. There's only 3 scum left. Even if we take Nancy out of the equation and assume she is honest and actually intentionally screwed with the plan and voted elsewhere AND we believe she thought Ausuka would have leader protection last night AND we assume she wouldn't have said so long before she did ...

We still have the following voting for Nero: {Ausuka, Sakura, Gamma, Tora}

Scum can't get Math elected that way.

So let's assume that dying removes your vote. That leaves {Sakura, Gamma Tora}.

Math doesn't win a 3v3 tie against Nero because of the tie rules.

So let's assume that Petrify removes your vote. That leaves {Gamma, Tora}.

Math still can't be scum because Math needs
THREE
votes to get elected due to losing ties against Nero.

So the only ways we end up with Math as leader are:

1.) 2-3 people in the pool who were supposed to and claimed to vote for Nero are scum: {
Ausuka
, Sakura, Gamma, Tora, Nancy} are that pool.

2.) Scum has a factional ability to put whomever they want in as leader.

This doesn't 100% clear Math, but it's going to be really freaking hard to make the numbers work and have Math be scum at this point.
I voted Ausaka last night, not Nero. Wasn’t I supposed to do that? :confused:

because she was supposed to dayvig safely and Nero was supposed to be the backup?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #11524 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 11519, Nero Cain wrote:like if
In post 11502, Drixx wrote:{
Ausuka
, Sakura, Gamma, Tora, Nancy}
these 4 voted for me then I should be leader. So not everyone voted me here.

Tora bombs today or eats rope.
I think he just eats rope period.

If my theory of scum factional abilities is right that either scum always get a power or that powers are not always attached to the scum player who has them then Tor would be able to petrify and scum doesn’t have suicide bomber. He would claim “healed” by the echo he dictated on that spot so no one echoed him as he hit Sakura as that would be a dead give away.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”