Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 218, profii wrote:
In post 41, Light Ethos wrote:I'm not Crimson, but I feel like expecting Crimson to answer that question before Manatee gives a response would defeat the purpose of Crimson pushing Manatee in the first place.
scummiest post

VOTE: light ethos
I'm sure you have a reason for saying that this is the scummiest post, but I'd like to know what it is. I don't see how this can be construed as alignment indicative either way.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 296, Saudade wrote:So far I think that you and Naomi just had a miscommunication, she misunderstood your interaction with me.
I could be wrong but she didn't ping me so far
She definitely did, which was the basis of her scum lean on me, but I can see that happening from ScumNaomi, and then just got an out when she realized she wouldn’t win the 1v1.

I’ll lay down on the tunnel, but I still Red there.

Although, I’ll bring up stuff when I see stuff of note, but that goes for everyone.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I can appreciate a good Krazy vote right now.

I don’t think Krazy is scum however, but I see why people would think that, and I don’t find it scummy to vote there right now.

(Hint: I’m definitely wanting to see who votes Krazy)

(Second Hint: I’m definitely wanting to see who does what now after I gave that hint.)
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Saudade »

can you vote Frank now
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Saudade »

I would never fail you Leaf
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 297, Light Ethos wrote: I lean scum on Krazy for fishing for power-roles in the Neighborhood chat according to Dough and Crimson.

Spoiler: Krazy rambling angrily to himself
It was a joke to me because I just played a 300 pages game with a 4 person neighborhood consisting of 4/6 of the town power roles in a 25 player game. That game (in part) revolved around a Universal Backup being joined into the neighborhood with a Friendly Neighbor which converted the neighborhood into a masonry. That game was extremely exhausting and I spent one significant dayphase FoSing the universal backup-turned-neighbor, so being in a neighborhood now just seemed like a joke after that. It wasn't something that was supposed to make sense, it wasn't funny (to Dough), but it was supposed to be a way to break the ice so I could talk about my experience with neighborhoods and how even though you might not THINK of them as TPRs they MECHANICALLY ARE which is exactly the point I wanted to explain to him and why I was starting with that icebreaker.

Now, ramble aside, why did you include Crimson there? He is not in the Neighborhood and he basically agreed that Dough responded in a 'not great' manner to my icebreaker.
vote conspiracy
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:59 am

Post by profii »

In post 298, Light Ethos wrote:
In post 296, Saudade wrote:So far I think that you and Naomi just had a miscommunication, she misunderstood your interaction with me.
I could be wrong but she didn't ping me so far
This is my take on that too.
conflict = townier...

In post 287, profii wrote:
In post 275, profii wrote:
Scum lurking ?
In post 282, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 41, Light Ethos wrote:I'm not Crimson, but I feel like expecting Crimson to answer that question before Manatee gives a response would defeat the purpose of Crimson pushing Manatee in the first place.
scummiest post

I’d like a little more here, I feel. I’m in catchup mode right now.

Getting to the most current posts now.
avoiding contributing

In post 300, Light Ethos wrote:
scummiest post

I'm sure you have a reason for saying that this is the scummiest post, but I'd like to know what it is. I don't see how this can be construed as alignment indicative either way.
clues above :]
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Mod, replace out please

Sorry, responsibilities have changed for me at work and I now only have time for one game at the moment - I'm already in another one and I can tell this one is going to be too much for me to keep up with as well.

Best of luck everyone.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:09 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 241, Saudade wrote:as to my previous statement
VOTE: FrankJaeger
congratulations
In post 303, Saudade wrote:can you vote Frank now
In post 299, Saudade wrote:Krazy vote is a good one too. Not as good as a Frank vote, but it's up there.
In post 292, Saudade wrote:Oh Naomi, bad vote.
switch to Frank
In post 279, Saudade wrote:
In post 241, Saudade wrote:as to my previous statement
VOTE: FrankJaeger
congratulations
Flavor read @ Frank's iso
tell me what you think there
In post 242, Saudade wrote:Your whole ISO is pretty terrible too so I'm okay with this
Nothing here is swaying my opinion on this dude.
OMGUS vote then crying for help the rest of the way.

If anyone interprets this as town, please enlighten me.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 294, profii wrote:
In post 54, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 47, Saudade wrote:
In post 38, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 35, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 20, Crimson97 wrote:
In post 19, profii wrote:How come
I just want to shake him a bit. Manatee is difficult to read because he's scummy as both town and scum.
Can you explain this a little more?
1)He doesnt explain how "shaking him a bit" would help differentiate townmanatee vs scummanatee.

2) how is it particularly useful here, when by his words, "hes scummy as both town and scum"?

I would just like an elaboration.

@Saudade

How was the statement clear? Im not saying it was necessarily scummy, but it left alot to be desired.
what it seemed obvious to me is that he's voted his fellow man in order to get him to express himself more, because the player is known (to him) to exhibit scum traits as either alignment so he would need extra info/data from him through self expression to make a more accurate decision on whether hes scum or town.
This...doesnt explain anything.
Absolutely does!!!
In post 117, FrankJaeger wrote:Doughboi, flavor flav town pile.
Krazy too I guess just for the neighbor thing.
W K!

In post 131, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 130, Doughboy wrote:so nobody else is going to vote Krazy?

Can somebody explain why town Krazy asks that as his first game related question? He could have literally asked anything else. What am I missing?
Hes a neighbor, which im guessing has a higher chance if being town?.

Not really alot of content to go from, and I feel unless he does more to look scummy, its smarter to focus elsewhere.
I understand your perspective, if that helps lol.
Alarm bells!
In post 133, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 132, Doughboy wrote:Why does him being neighbor make him a higher chance of being town? My experience with neighbors is there is always one scum. Though I’m used to 3 people. Like why not just do masons if we are both town? This is a normal game right? I feel like neighbors with both town is kindness of trickery.

Anyways. I’ll leave my vote on him for now. I don’t see much from him in the game so far. At best he’s null
No I agree, but at least 1 of you is town, and im staying away from it.
I actually thought about the mason thing, and i think it hints there may be other neighborhoods.
But i suck at set up spec and generally try to stay away from that too.
TMI?
1- it doesnt explain anything but the obvious. I know WHY it was done. Im interested in the HOW it works

2- idk what W K means but my point is they wouldnt put 2 scum in a neighborhood. So the safe bet D1 is to assume they are both town.

3- Alarm bells...

4- Unless youre hinting at something, this is another point of yours im not grasping
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:17 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

FOS on white ethos.
1st post rvs

Rest of iso is fence sitting except for the awkward reply to my crimson post
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

On the Saudade vs Doughboy thing; in 95 I said he was dumb town and he only confirmed it immediately in 96 with the roleclaim. I just touch wanna touch on it. I just find he got triggered way too easily, though asking to replace was a little too far.
In post 295, Flavor Leaf wrote:I actually think Naomi is scum, though. Rather strong scum, she just didn’t expect me to be able to fight back.

The fact no one joined in actually lends me to believe she’s scum even more, which i could see Frank also fitting the bill as being a scum who helped derail it in that case, actually...

That’s a pre flip, though
Its strange to me that no one joined either of our trains.. if we had kept pushing on each other it would of resulted in one of us flipping green and then the next day they could flip the pressure and knocked us both out. It feels really strange that our train was basically ignored by everyone else.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 297, Light Ethos wrote:Still in the midst of reading what happened yesterday evening, but so far I'm leaning town on FlavorLeaf for the emphatic, well-substantiated defense halfway through the thread. Scum would do this too, but my gut tells me it's town. I also town-read Naomi-Tan for Post #. I have Saudade as town-lean for Post #.

I lean scum on Krazy for fishing for power-roles in the Neighborhood chat according to Dough and Crimson. I don't see how that would be more beneficial for town to know than for mafia to know, and Neighbors aren't any more likely to be town than scum unless the Mod decides that they are. Maybe it really was just an attempt to break the ice, as Krazy claims. I don't think that question is a good way to go about breaking the ice. There is also asymmetry between joking about asking if someone is a power role and joking about asking if someone is mafia. Nobody is going to answer yes to the second question. It's unlikely, but there is a nonzero chance of someone answering yes to the first. This really rubs me the wrong way.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Krazy

Full-disclosure: I am still somewhat new to Mafia, so I may have misinterpreted the interactions I linked.
In post 302, Flavor Leaf wrote:I can appreciate a good Krazy vote right now.

I don’t think Krazy is scum however, but I see why people would think that, and I don’t find it scummy to vote there right now.

(Hint: I’m definitely wanting to see who votes Krazy)

(Second Hint: I’m definitely wanting to see who does what now after I gave that hint.)
Eh.. I dunno how i feel about a krazy train. While I agree it was astronomically dumb to open with that when not confirmed alignment I dunno if its alignment indicative. to me its like the whole thing is just a mess. Could one of you two explain why its a red move and not just a universally shitty move?
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Doughboy »

In post 312, Naomi-Tan wrote:krazy train

Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m green on Krazy rn, but I understand is all. I understand that people would see there red.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Krazy »

Vote Frank

>skips RVS
>FoS with no vote is not townie for d1

WKing is incorrect characterization; this is defensive play, which is a different strategy but scummy for largely the same reasons. The townread on me with no evidence is more suggestive of his early game pattern of prioritizing townreads over scumreads. While he has scumreads now, he starts off with a more quick townreads which actually strikes me as a touch scummy.

No reads through iso 8
, , all quick townreads (very passive)

first scumread is , iso 20, on Sau

While Saudade himself gave pushback, Doughboy had already started the push on Sau, with an RVS from Horror sitting there as well. Sau was a very safe push, and he did not push very hard even then.
In post 308, FrankJaeger wrote: If anyone interprets this as town, please enlighten me.
Doesn't seem townie to me.
In post 310, FrankJaeger wrote:FOS on white ethos.
1st post rvs

Why FOS here?
vote conspiracy
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 307, RockyHorror wrote:
Mod, replace out please

Sorry, responsibilities have changed for me at work and I now only have time for one game at the moment - I'm already in another one and I can tell this one is going to be too much for me to keep up with as well.

Best of luck everyone.
Acknowledged. Now seeking replacement for RockyHorror.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

What does FOS stand for?
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 317, Sashaddin wrote:
What does FOS stand for?
Finger of Suspicion.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 318, Naomi-Tan wrote:
In post 317, Sashaddin wrote:
What does FOS stand for?
Finger of Suspicion.
which means They think there suspicious but don't want to vote (either as they are pressuring another party or its not strong enough for them to put there vote down.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 315, Krazy wrote:
Vote Frank

>skips RVS
>FoS with no vote is not townie for d1

I am voting.

WKing is incorrect characterization; this is defensive play, which is a different strategy but scummy for largely the same reasons. The townread on me with no evidence is more suggestive of his early game pattern of prioritizing townreads over scumreads. While he has scumreads now, he starts off with a more quick townreads which actually strikes me as a touch scummy.

having town reads before scum reads isnt scummy, sorry

No reads through iso 8
, , all quick townreads (very passive)

first scumread is , iso 20, on Sau

While Saudade himself gave pushback, Doughboy had already started the push on Sau, with an RVS from Horror sitting there as well. Sau was a very safe push, and he did not push very hard even then.

what do you mean safe push?

In post 308, FrankJaeger wrote: If anyone interprets this as town, please enlighten me.
Doesn't seem townie to me.

Sauds play is questionable here. If you disagree let's talk about it

1st post rvs

Why FOS here?

why repeat myself?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Krazy »

I wasn't saying that Saud's play wasn't questionable (he's probably town this game but I get why some people don't like his style), I was saying "if anyone disagrees say so" strikes me as a scummy way to push your read. If anyone disagrees they will say so. Asking for them to disagree makes it seem to me like you're worried Sau actually flips green and you want to be talked out of your push while seeming active. Your push on Sau reads more like "I want to look busy" than "I want to lynch scum."
vote conspiracy
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Nauci »

The Worst replaces RockyHorror. Please Welcome The Worst
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Krazy »

Dear god
vote conspiracy
Pernicious Parrot
Pernicious Parrot
Townie
Pernicious Parrot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Pernicious Parrot »

Sorry, I can't read and post frequently due to responsibilities. Reading ISOs now and forming reads.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”