ceejayvinoya, BuJaber, Gamma Emerald

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Deadline paused until ceejayvinoya is replaced

Other
:
- skitter30 V/LA Fridays and Saturdays
- skitter30 also V/LA Sunday night - Tuesday night (9/11)
Last edited by ofrhz on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:29 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 1250, ofrhz wrote:Vc
Fuck I should have taken that one just to make a point
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 am

Post by ruru »

In post 1248, BuJaber wrote:What's bad about the bolded? I acknowledge her posting was weird but overall the reasons to townread her outweigh the reasons to scumread her.

As for enigma yes we just finished our first game together as far as I recall and yes he was town and maybe he grabbed some pagetops there but he was not on a personal mission to grab pagetops like he seems to be on here. It felt more casual/situational in that game instead of deliberate.
I don't think she's obvscum by posting, and if she is you should be scumreading her

it almost feels like you might be intentionally trying to leave a weird associative
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:04 am

Post by ruru »

like if not for the ellitell sky was basically just another low effort but not super scummy slot
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:26 am

Post by BuJaber »

@enigma - Actually it's the other players that are bringing it up. I formed an impression based on your early game. It wasn't a good one. Your later posts weren't enough to change that because they qere not posts that scum!you wouldn't/couldn't post.

@ruru - that isn't what I said about sky. People questioned her posts saying she might be singling to scum that's she traitor and generally not playing to her town meta (according to them). What I'm saying is that her posts where too scummy to be scum. Scum wouldn't be this conspicious. I don't have a lot of experience with traitors but I don't think they would be this conspicious either. The value of signaling to scum that you're traitor is lost if people end up lynching you for it.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:43 am

Post by ruru »

In post 1066, the worst wrote:it was a hyperbolic AtEish request, I think you know I'm gonna keep spamming :lol:

at the same time if everyone's gonna be like OOoooooOOoOo scumducky and ignore any solving I do I'm not really sure what the value of me solving is rofl

Creature gets my alignment right ~most of the time, I can't remember off the top of my head if Gamma can read me or not, I don't think skitter has a great history of correctly townreading me but need to verify. you should be able to read me given our similar quirks I think.

there's like no utility in lynching me d1 when I'm not in sync and this list should be able to sort me d2 lmao
maybe we should just lynch the worst, this post is awful
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:46 am

Post by ruru »

yeah I'm bored of bujaber wagon already

VOTE: the worst
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:44 am

Post by ruru »

also I've re-evaluated and skitter is actually town this game for real
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:44 am

Post by ruru »

... I think
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1232, the worst wrote:i'll be real, i can't even remember who you replaced rn
if you didn't remember that I replaced frank, what did you think of ruru asking me to claim
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:46 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1245, ruru wrote:it's interesting that ejjinami + frank both scumread skitter, whose posts tend to naturally get townread by town
probably >rand scum regardless of skitter's alignment?

I do kind of want more ejji posts but we have serious deadline issues if ceejay's slot fills
What does the “>rand scum” mean?

And I’m not as confident in the read on skit anymore. I partially misunderstood the 2-nd post I quoted and I didn’t really notice her acting cautious about her tone in the next few pages, which kinda makes me think that it might have been a wrong way to read her after all. I don’t really get why are people TRing her though, but I’ll prob get to it later.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:48 am

Post by ejjinami »

Up to page 10, I’m not a great fan of enigma, his posts are either reachy, or I’m understanding them in a really weird way.

Still think that ruru and vex should be town.

Also leaning town on a50 based on his early read and later 180 on sky, but I’m not really confident in being able to read him in general.

I think I’m buying his read on sky, but that’s also sth I’d be cautious about.

Def want to read more from HWS, I’ve played and read a few games where he played and he feels normal rn, but I’m not extremely confident in that read.

Gamma had a lot of posts, but tbh there wasn’t anything that would make me lean on her one way or another

I’d be willing to lynch among enigma/MWNN, pooossibly Antihero, but a bit less. I’d be surprised if all of them were scum, but I think there should be at least 1-2 there. The rest is good fn
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:49 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 180, skitter30 wrote:aside i kinda think enigma might be town
Elaborate
In post 182, Enigma wrote:
In post 147, ruru wrote:If skitter is still scumreading me at eod, correct play is to lynch me and then lynch her, and scum.her is probably aware of that and therefore probably won't try to mislynch me
I mean that is a bit reachy regarding lynching skitter if she scumreads you (correctly) and you end up being lynched. Why are you suggesting the correct play is to lynch her after you are lynched (regardless of flip) - yes scum can bus, but (town) skitter can and should also be able to scumread you (correctly or incorrectly) without dooming her to being PLd after you are lynched?
I don’t get the point of that post. You seem to be implying that ruru should reason while taking her own scum flip into consideration, which makes absolutely no sense regardless of her alignment.
How is her not doing that reachy?
And the post is a bit difficult to read, but you seem to be talking only to scum!ruru here, while assuming that her actions are town motivated. (talking about the: “you can be bussed, but it’s unfair if you’re trying to get town!skitt MLed after your scum flip”)
That’s a weird attitude towards making reads tbh.

------------------------------------------

And hey, can someone explain what’s going on with the avatar change conversation? How did sky change her avatar?
In post 203, FrankJaeger wrote: P.s And meta reads are usually garbage
(ಠ ∩ಠ)
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:50 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 214, ruru wrote:... because I'm town and I'll flip town? Like seriously this is a stupid question and I'm kinda having a hard time getting into the game because the majority of the playerlist seems to be having trouble understanding where I'm coming from wrt mafia theory when I don't think I'm being particularly unclear or particularly wrong in what I'm saying

I'd much rather answer sorting questions than mafia theory questions

I actually want to policy lynch like everyone right now
Agree with the playerlist having weird ideas about the setup
The frustration feels genuine here btw.
In post 215, Enigma wrote:
In post 199, Almost50 wrote:
In post 197, Enigma wrote:Welcome to A50 theories ... true madness, this is why I take them with a grain of salt ahaha

A50, re Sky's avatar do you think she changed it just because of this specific game and the wagon on her (considering she is playing in several other games rn)?
Well, I haven't checked her other ongoing games and I dunno if she said she'd be watching avatar in them, so I can't return a reliable answer. However, I do think that post had something to do with that avatar edit in this game, and thus more inclined to buy it. After all, if I lose to her because of THAT move I'd still be laughing hard at how cute of a move it was.
You think that she thought to changed her profile pic, because she said she was watching avatar in a post? Ahaha, gotta hand it - this is far beyond the bounds of my reasoning lol .... brain can not compute .... guess I gotta just leave Sky as is for now.
This was a serious post, right?
If you didn’t get the logic, what was your reason for wanting to leave sky alone?
In post 217, Enigma wrote:
In post 214, ruru wrote:
In post 212, skitter30 wrote:
In post 182, Enigma wrote:I mean that is a bit reachy regarding lynching skitter if she scumreads you (correctly) and you end up being lynched. Why are you suggesting the correct play is to lynch her after you are lynched (regardless of flip) - yes scum can bus, but (town) skitter can and should also be able to scumread you (correctly or incorrectly) without dooming her to being PLd after you are lynched?
@ruru can you respond to this please?
... because I'm town and I'll flip town? Like seriously this is a stupid question and I'm kinda having a hard time getting into the game because the majority of the playerlist seems to be having trouble understanding where I'm coming from wrt mafia theory when I don't think I'm being particularly unclear or particularly wrong in what I'm saying

I'd much rather answer sorting questions than mafia theory questions

I actually want to policy lynch like everyone right now
Tbh, you make an assumption that we think you are town for your logic to work, and then at the same time you continue to claim that you are intentionally playing somewhat scummy and can understand why people are scumreading you.... So you can perhaps see why people are "having trouble understanding you"

Snipped the next part of the post cuz a50 wrote most of it in his post not long after, but god… that’s dumb
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 am

Post by ruru »

In post 1260, ejjinami wrote:What does the “>rand scum” mean?

And I’m not as confident in the read on skit anymore. I partially misunderstood the 2-nd post I quoted and I didn’t really notice her acting cautious about her tone in the next few pages, which kinda makes me think that it might have been a wrong way to read her after all. I don’t really get why are people TRing her though, but I’ll prob get to it later.
more likely than random

usually reads of this form mean I'm not gut-scumreading something but I think it's "ever so slightly scummy" or that scum would do it more often

also I think skitter is just town by postcount

she had 34 posts as scum day 1 of 732 (which lasted around a week) and 107 posts over all six gamedays and while she wasn't isping day 1 by any means there's just too much quantitative difference here for someone who finds scum stressful
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:05 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 1264, ruru wrote:
In post 1260, ejjinami wrote:What does the “>rand scum” mean?

more likely than random

usually reads of this form mean I'm not gut-scumreading something but I think it's "ever so slightly scummy" or that scum would do it more often

also I think skitter is just town by postcount

she had 34 posts as scum day 1 of 732 (which lasted around a week) and 107 posts over all six gamedays and while she wasn't isping day 1 by any means there's just too much quantitative difference here for someone who finds scum stressful
cool, k.
does that mean you think she can be meta read? would it be worth it to go through some of her previous games?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:07 am

Post by ruru »

I don't really know how to meta read her aside from what I just posted
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Looks like this game needs to be put in the deep freezer so it won't rot before a CJV replacement is found! *Sigh*

You know what's funny? What's funny is when I sign up to play in several games and then they ALL get like super active and I can't keep up, yet when I sign up to a few either the game is dead or I am!!!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by BuJaber »

It gives ejj time to catch up at least.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

why is this day still going?

i haven't read anything since like sunday but i guess i'll read through now
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1170, the worst wrote:definitely ellitell skitter tbh
her reaction to my rep in scumlean is also like 5% more town!skitter though I put less stock in that
ellitell is a very very very valid way of reading me; i often have to force myself to post as scum and it's not an entirely easy process and i tend to avoid scumgames if at all possible and just post less there

also i think you should be able to tell the difference between my town and scumgames given that you were reading that scum pt and i won't believe a scumread on me from you tbh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1173, ofrhz wrote:
Looking for a replacement for FrankJaeger. The deadline will be paused in the meantime, and when a replacement is found, there will be 48 hours until the end of day.
he did post elsewhere on friday and sunday but not a lot; idk what that means wrt his alignment
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1188, Almost50 wrote:2- What if Frank is BP and Gamma is his P and is going to argue Frank is alive on D2 because there is no Vig, or is using him to out the Vig if existent?

I guess I can stop here for now. The point isn't arguing Frank's alignment. It's trying to figure out why Town!Gamma would come up with the suggestion as I don't see the benefit, so I'll just wait for him to show up and explain what he thought.
if frank is scum gamma is a very viable partner imo

especially since instead of voting for frank with like three days left (before the extentinons of course) with like all the townie people on the wagon, he opted to vote for 'sky' - this was after tw had repped in
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1214, the worst wrote:ohey my current Pokemon go buddy is a larvitar. I wonder if I should name it in your honour.
this reminds me quite a bit of american presidents mafia
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1223, ejjinami wrote:Start of page 6, going to sleep

As for now my biggest SR would be prob skitter, but tbh I’m not even sure how confident should I be in the logic cuz I’ve never SR anyone else for that before

In short, some of her posts made me feel that she cares a lot about her tone and about the way other people see her. There are stuff which indicate that she put in effort to make her posts “tonally good” or “tonally read in only one way”, which is generally more scum than town motivated.
There’ll be a bit more about that in the catchup

Not placing my vote now, cuz it’s like… page 6, but this is where my vote would be if there was no more content besides that
i will admit to rewriting posts to get them to sound the way i want sometimes

i do that as both alignments tho

Return to “Completed Open Games”