they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your PS4
Spider-Man
spoiler warning! be sure not to click on a stream because it might tell you critical plot developments!

votecount 1.083 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Porkens)
3 players voting for northsidegal (RadiantCowbells, skitter30, Irrelephant11)
2 players voting for SirCakez (Gammagooey, Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for skitter30 (SirCakez)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx (northsidegal)
1 player voting for Gammagooey for lynch (Creature)
1 player voting for Creature (Nosferatu)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma (Varsoon)
1 player voting for Varsoon (Shoshin)

0 players not voting for lynch

with 14 votes, it takes 8 to lynch.

3 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma for Fantasy Gachapon (Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx for Fantasy Gachapon (Varsoon)

8 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (xRECKONERx, northsidegal, Kokichi Oma, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez, Shoshin)

the current day will end in (expired on 2018-09-24 17:00:00).

mod notes:[/post]
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It's honest play coming from the slot, and honesty is something I tend to townread more often than not.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i also don't know why the tone in ur posts towards me is so drastically different from how ur interacting with everyone else
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 318, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon's scum because he thinks that Kokichi's faking a townslip when the natural interpretation of Kokichi's beahvior is that he's just commenting on the color, which isn't indicative either way. Varsoon's logic comes from the scum perspective of someone who himself wanted to fake a townslip by commenting on the red color, then saw that someone else already commented on the red color, and so interpreted that behavior as scummy because it was something he himself wanted to do as scum. No townie would ever interpret Kokichi's behavior as a "scummy fake townslip," it just doesn't make any sense unless Varsoon himself is scum who had that instinct himself.

The Reck townread is crap, too.
The mental gymnastics to come up with this are impressive. I laughed out loud tbh.
It is an insane theory of Varsoon's but I don't think your tinfoil makes any more sense.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@skitter: 'cus you're engaging me more--it's easier to discuss stuff with you 'cus you're not at my throat regardless of your read on me.

Anyway, I'm gonna watch Die Hard and go to sleep.
I gotta wake up really early.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 324, Varsoon wrote:@Skitter: Oh! You meant this game! I thought you meant the previous game with the Adventure Zone flavor. Yes--I've also been reading this entire game as it's been posted.

I guess that I've played the 'lets discuss this mechanic's best use' card a lot as scum (see: Color Mafia games) and I've seen scum do it a lot early-game in my own public-mechanic heavy games, so it's a strategy I tend to associate with scum.

Shoshin is for sure sincere, but I feel like they're not looking beyond what people are saying at face-value.

Sorry if my tone is weird--I'm probably gonna be really weird this game in general since I'm working full time which is usually not something I've done while playing mafia. So we'll see how it goes.
ye i meant this taz game; i don't know much about the last one

i was comparing ur tone here to splatoon mafia; you were in a hydra and i scumread u there for a while because you have a ... blustery (i guess that's the right word? idk) tone that i kinda auto-scumread because it feels kinda bravado-y to me but i came around eventually and realized it was a personality thing and not an alignment thing

and that's kinda the tone u have here too, except in ur posts towards me which is kinda weird and i don't know what to do with that

i mean i guess that scum can use setup spec as a strategy, yes, but ur using setup spec to scumread kokichi and townread reck so this seems kinda contradictory to me; and i think that his wanting to tie the gacha vote is sincere and town-motivated tbh
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

This is very simple. Varsoon is scum because town don't scumread players for doing the same thing they themselves are doing. Town don't scumread players for reacting to something the same way they reacted to it. They just don't.

But when scum "scumhunt," they sometimes suspect players for doing the same things they are doing, or for reacting the same way they did, because the scum believe their own behaviors are scummy and thus tend to see anyone who acts the same way as scummy. I know this is a scum-tell because I've seen scum do it over and over and just caught scum for doing this in a recent game.

In short, I don't see how a townie calls Kokichi scum for commenting on the red color when they themselves reacted exactly the same. Like, I had the same thought ("dam, I got a scum PM, oh wait, I'm town? awesome!") and my immediate instinct when I saw Kokichi say that was to think maybe town and in no universe would I ever have scumread him for that. It just doesn't make sense for a townie to think that way.

I think that's enough to lynch him. So, please, more votes on Varsoon!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think that that's probably the least indicative stuff in his ISO versus the most indicative being the bullshit Reckoner read progression and the 'gullible' comment.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Yes, those two things are also scummy. But I was clarifying this logic because SirCake seemed lost when it's actually pretty straightforward.

I think all are equally strong reasons to lynch him.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Mmmk that makes more sense. But it does not ruin my TR on him. I think there's an equal chance he's just being typical Varsoon and being inane.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'd also add poe to the list of reasons to lynch Varsoon.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Shoshin list your townreads for me please.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: varsoon

i don't like the kokichi read and i think that kokichi's side of their argument made a lot more sense and i think that varsoon was kinda reaching to find something to scumread him for
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 318, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon's scum because he thinks that Kokichi's faking a townslip when the natural interpretation of Kokichi's beahvior is that he's just commenting on the color, which isn't indicative either way. Varsoon's logic comes from the scum perspective of someone who himself wanted to fake a townslip by commenting on the red color, then saw that someone else already commented on the red color, and so interpreted that behavior as scummy because it was something he himself wanted to do as scum. No townie would ever interpret Kokichi's behavior as a "scummy fake townslip," it just doesn't make any sense unless Varsoon himself is scum who had that instinct himself.

This is close to earning a gacha vote from me, even though it's basically just what I said. But, something's holding me back which I'll comment on later.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 328, SirCakez wrote:

The mental gymnastics to come up with this are impressive. I laughed out loud tbh.
It is an insane theory of Varsoon's but I don't think your tinfoil makes any more sense.
Um, what?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Can't tell who is worse in SirCakez or Varsoon. But, I don't think they are partners. :/

I think it's possible that it's just Varsoon here

VOTE: Varsoon
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:29 pm

i'm amused by the proceedings

@Shoshin I need you to talk about your townreads for me :]
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by SirCakez »

What's the confusion in 339?
Skitter voting Varsoon is irksome.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

y
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

How? Varsoon has been dreadful
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:33 pm

ur face is irksome sircakez
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 336, RadiantCowbells wrote:Shoshin list your townreads for me please.
You, Creature, Irrelephant, Gamma, SirCake, and Kokichi are varying degrees of town. Most solid on you & Creature. Not going to say why on you yet because I think I have a really good tell that I don't want you to know about. Reck's nullish but feels town based on role and overall lack of effort to town-tell in a way that makes me think he's going to eventually get into this more strongly. Leaving Varsoon, NSG, Pork, Nos, or Skitter as scum? Except Skitter's probably town if Varsoon's scum, so probably just Varsoon, NSG, and one of Pork/Nos, with outside chance of Reck or Skitter. That's where I'm at.

You?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:39 pm

mmm
ok
for me it's

{RC}
{Sircakez, Skitter, Creature, Shoshin}
{Gamma, Nosferatu}
-null line- {Irrelephant, Reckoner}
{Porkens, Kokichi, NSG}
{}
{Varsoon}
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:39 pm

kokichi is the big one I'm assuming I need to actually explain

I think there's a reasonably strong chance that him/varsoon is svs
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Meh, almost on the same page, except I don't see the Nos townread at all. Can you explain that to me?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”