skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 367, Porkens wrote:VOTE: unvote

I'm townreading RC now. more posts make it clearer.

VOTE: cakez

and sheeping
uhhh .... ?

how much of the game have u read?

==

i don't really see the kokichi/varsoon svs read

i think kokichi is just town tbh

==
In post 388, RadiantCowbells wrote:worth saying that my read on skitter isn't at 100% yet: still needs more time.
that's cool; ur good at reading me and there's still quite a lot of time in the day and i'm pretty confident u'll figure it out sooner or later

shoshin is kinda meh at reading me so i don't particularly expect her to be townreading me at this stage really

==
In post 390, Varsoon wrote:It's incredibly depressing to make a return to the site and on my first real day of engagement to be hit with a gaggle of people saying that I'm game throwing, untoppably awful, bad, etc.
I'm legitimately losing sleep over it, so I would appreciate it if you would stop.
i just want to say that i hope u dont' think i crossed a line; i am quite baffled by your kokichi scumread and it feels kinda manufactured/forced to me (from the red role PM thing to the voting-for-gacha thing) and i also feel like ur kinda talking to shoshin like u know she's town, but i try very hard not to make scumreads personal and so i hope i don't fall into this category; i do think ur kinda scummy but i def don't want to be insulting or rude or anything

or a little later on u say you don't see his reaction as coming from town but idk i vibed with his side of ur argument a lot more than ur side

==
In post 395, Kokichi Oma wrote:Most people here do, I would say. And what about my reaction is not coming from town if word for word basically 3 other people have agreed and posted with everything I've been saying?
i've not played with u before to the best of my knowledge

==
In post 397, Varsoon wrote:Skitter's agreeable but I don't wanna be quick to townread that, either. Based on play, the most by-the-books-town, but I don't know if their scumgame is just that polished or what.
ye i play very careful, very polished, very methodological scum; open 732 (it just ended and i don't do too good as scum usually and i'm kinda proud of winning that one :] )

also imo i've actually been less polished than usual here but meh

i'm not sure how i feel about the rest of ur readslist because just about everyone u name u give a reason why ur not confident about the read; that makes me nervous because i feel like it gives people room to backtrack
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like especially if you're supposedly not feeling pressure--why scrape to say others stand with you?
It doesn't make sense as town play to me.

P-EDIT:
@RC: I asked nicely, I would really appreciate if you don't push me, figuratively. It's hardly 'clean lynching' for you to have a back and forth you did in 384.
I'm doing a lot right now not to respond in a way that is unbecoming, please understand.
I'm not 'trying to portray' myself as anything. I am literally grinding my teeth and backspacing several sentences of hateful, violent responses.
I haven't called either of you 'horrible assholes'. I've just said that the constant ragging on me/my play has gotten to be disheartening and I would appreciate actual engagement from your slots.
You've done far, far less to engage than Kokichi, who has at least driven the game into game-related territory.

VOTE: Radiant Cowbells

If anything, the insistence you have to framing our exchange like this shows you want to control the narrative.
I'm not going to let that happen.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Skitter: Nah, you're cool, no worries.
I guess the question you gotta ask yourself is--would scum give themselves obvious backtracks or present more confident reads, especially when they know they could do so and just be seen as inane for it?
Real talk, those are my reads and I'm working to build more confidence one way or another here.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Spoiler: Not Game Related
I've got an 8 hour shift that starts in 5 hours.
My job isn't particularly taxing--it's a desk job, which does make it a little easy to nod off at sometimes, but I can do coffee or whatever.
I'm wide awake right now, though.
Should I try to get 3 hours of sleep in and just make due or should I forego sleep altogether?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 387, RadiantCowbells wrote:So regarding Porkens its worth noting that Varsoon's first person he chose to interact with was Porkens and their communication could pretty easily be cheeky svs
Guess everyone who votes you must be scum, amirite?
It's not like I was playing a very specific meta angle with Porkens or that I've been forthright with exactly how I felt about his response
Moreover, in what world do you see scum-Varsoon's first posts in a game as interacting that directly with a scumbuddy?
What really bothers me is that you seem to be doing one of
1. Undermining me because you're scum and you know you need to off me
2. You legitimately have this little respect for my play but instead of pushing a case on me you're more pre-occupied with trash talk

Maybe both?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I just don't see EITHER coming from town RC.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 317, RadiantCowbells wrote:that reck townread feels really terrible and like an attempt to pocket someone that based on your past experiences with Reckoner in his prime would be a threat.
what the fuckin shit is this

are you referencing varsoon

he has no experience with me. like at all??
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

wew lad real glad i dv'd RC off the bat we got us a scum BOIIIIZ
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

in other news, the GFS model is calling for 40 inches of rain where i live, so... consider this officially VLA just in case
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 331, Shoshin wrote:This is very simple. Varsoon is scum because town don't scumread players for doing the same thing they themselves are doing. Town don't scumread players for reacting to something the same way they reacted to it. They just don't.
[citation needed]
ive been town before and scumread someone for doing some shit that i was doing accidentally

behavior is complex, yo
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 337, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: varsoon

i don't like the kokichi read and i think that kokichi's side of their argument made a lot more sense and i think that varsoon was kinda reaching to find something to scumread him for
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

this is a potential scumbag

makes sense as RCbuddy. note to self
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 348, RadiantCowbells wrote:kokichi is the big one I'm assuming I need to actually explain

I think there's a reasonably strong chance that him/varsoon is svs
imagine a world where you just explained the read here instead of posturing and going "i should explain this read"

imagine
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

ok that was fun.

im p confident one of koki/rc will flip scum so my vote is fine staying where it is

im drunk so my anxiety will calm down over this storm HA HA HA HA HA and the rain is arriving tomorrow morning so it'll be touch & go from here
green shirt thursdays
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 344, Kokichi Oma wrote:How? Varsoon has been dreadful
The progression from to the Varsoon vote doesn't make sense to me.
In post 365, skitter30 wrote:i don't know

i definitely don't townread him

i don't get his varsoon townread; and i think his scumread on me has been kinda overblown but i'm aware that i'm prob biased so i'm trying not to let that affect my read too much; i don't think he's done much else remarkable either way
How is my scumread on you overblown? I've commented on it, like, twice.
In post 373, Kokichi Oma wrote:If Varsoon is my partner no way in hell I let him bring a case on me that bad, I would actually help him construct one that can actually make some sense, and not one that everyone agrees (besides SirCakez????) is awful.
Wtf. I agree the case Varsoon made was bad, but it just doesn't make him scum.

Porkens vote on me (that entire post really) is awful too.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:33 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm going to go over the varsoon stuff again later today because I don't really understand why people are scumreading him and a lot of the conversation around him but aside from that I feel like I've got a pretty decent handle on the game

@Shoshin - I'm giving Creature credit for having a decent scumgame because he and Papa Zito and Spiffeh smoked everyone in Transformers Mafia and from memory his earlygame there felt similar to the earlygame here of poking at a few things/people but really not doing a lot of substance.

VOTE: Porkens

Like his best post so far is #113 which is fine but not amazing and everything else feels between null and bad, and given the amount of people scumreading him to some extent it feels like we can make a real actual wagon happen even though nobody else is actually voting him right now.

Koki feels guttown to me too btw
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Shoshin »

I've looked at Transformers. It had more than one scum faction and I think Creature's play there has no bearing on his alignment in normal games that don't have multiple factions. And I assume this is more of a normal setup where scum can't actually scumhunt, so he's town until further notice.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 409, xRECKONERx wrote:ive been town before and scumread someone for doing some shit that i was doing accidentally

behavior is complex, yo
Mistakes are null. But we're not talking about an accidental behavior, we're talking about a self-aware and conscious reaction.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I would like to begin this post by saying that RC would totally Russell Hantz it on Survivor and while he is still a townread he is not locktown anymore. There, I said it. Moving on.
In post 251, xRECKONERx wrote:i read up to page 7 then realized nothing was happening so i skipped the last 4 pages

yea im a doublevoter but only for the first person i vote each day
In post 252, Kokichi Oma wrote:Then why would you waste that so early
Same question
In post 263, Shoshin wrote:I think Gacha should be me, but if not me, then it should be Radiant. It should not be Kokichi, and it definitely shouldn't be Reck who isn't even reading the game.
So the only way Shoshin is scum is if it's with RC I think but for now neither of them is scum so yeah Shoshin should get gachapon votes
In post 267, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 264, Varsoon wrote:Hated's a trash modifier that indicates design-flaw and should probably be lynched regardless, as I'm reading hated as more likely scum than town in this setup.
But also I don't like Kokichi's main focus being on getting Gacha and mentions of himself as town/townread.
, , ,
Firstpost far too much tips at the role PM being red (thinking he was scum) that it strikes me as scum trying to manufacture a 'townslip' based on how peculiar they thought the sample role/their fakeclaim was in looks. Need to go back to the previous game, though, and see if the different color formatting/fakeclaims is in the mod meta, though, otherwise regardless it just bothers me.
This is such a
trash
breakdown
I get it

Umm yeah this analysis of Kokichi isn't very good and I'm at this point already scumreading Varsoon but I will say I wouldn't be surprised if scum was more than happy to jump on Varsoon's case here if he's town - it's overly easy to take apart.
In post 268, Varsoon wrote:
In post 265, Kokichi Oma wrote:Hey Varsoon, are you going to vote Shoshin for saying he should get Gacha votes?
'cus Shoshin doesn't strike me as scum, just gullible.
In post 263, Shoshin wrote:I think Gacha should be me, but if not me, then it should be Radiant. It should not be Kokichi, and it definitely shouldn't be Reck who isn't even reading the game.
Reck's reading--if you think he's not, you've been duped.
Gullible??
Duped???
Like yeah Reck is probably reading but I don't know who's doing the duping in this scenario
And yeah I can see how you're disagreeing with Shoshin given your very opposite view of the game state but who is the one tricking Shoshin, who seems to actually be the one leading many players to various reads?
In post 297, SirCakez wrote:varsoon is town
disagree, but you can be town
In post 298, SirCakez wrote:the jury is still out on kokichi
fair
maybe soon we'll find out
In post 303, Varsoon wrote:@Skitter:
I have a hard townread on Reck.
Furthermore, I didn't like the way the gacha votes were going and wanted to throw a wrench in that. Even furthermore, I knew the positions re: Reckoner and Gatcha and knew if I came in with a starkly different opinion that it would create discussion and game momentum. It's the best way for me to get involved in the game, too, because before these last few posts I haven't really been engaged.

I read the whole game when it happened but have not since returned to it.

I'm not saying you are pocketed, just that it stinks of testing a pocket--like seeing how far you'd townread a claimed townread.

Shoshin's rhetoric (both in explaining their own play and convincing others) has been very straightforward--I 100% believe that Shoshin saw Reck write that he wasn't reading and took that to be literally true. Shoshin did not push Reck for further game engagement or read the 'not reading' thing as a strat to not engage with a few pages of content; Shoshin seems to, again, have just taken it literally.
-Hard townread on Reck? Why? Role spec?
-I have no clue what you're trying to say about Shoshin here
In post 310, Varsoon wrote:
In post 307, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 303, Varsoon wrote:I have a hard townread on Reck. Furthermore, I didn't like the way the gacha votes were going and wanted to throw a wrench in that. Even furthermore, I knew the positions re: Reckoner and Gatcha and knew if I came in with a starkly different opinion that it would create discussion and game momentum.
This is kind of a contradiciton? Because you're saying that you townread him. So why should it matter why you put the gacha vote. But, then you state later you just voted him for it to create a discussion. But, you still aren't even explaining why you townread reck
The fuck I gotta explain a townread for?
And it's hardly a contradiction to townread someone and gacha vote someone and say that I did it all to also create discussion.
I don't ever have to claim any of my reads and I could've held my gacha vote, too.
C'mon, step it up senpai. You're too busy tryin'a poke holes in me that you're just looking desperate.
kokichi makes a fair point that "it was for townread" and "it was for discussion", while not directly contradictory, do seem to both be fighting for space in your mind, like you can't decide which it is. not sure I scumread it, but I do scumread you refusing to explain a townread. Unless it gives scum setup info it's always good to explain a townread. It's often even good to explain a nullread, for that matter
In post 318, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon's scum because he thinks that Kokichi's faking a townslip when the natural interpretation of Kokichi's beahvior is that he's just commenting on the color, which isn't indicative either way. Varsoon's logic comes from the scum perspective of someone who himself wanted to fake a townslip by commenting on the red color, then saw that someone else already commented on the red color, and so interpreted that behavior as scummy because it was something he himself wanted to do as scum. No townie would ever interpret Kokichi's behavior as a "scummy fake townslip," it just doesn't make any sense unless Varsoon himself is scum who had that instinct himself.

The Reck townread is crap, too.
You get really strong reads from small things and while it's impressive it's not 100% accurate and I'd just like to note that here so I remember to measure Varsoon against my own gut/logic and not just your thoughts.
At the same time, I have come to a pretty similar conclusion on his slot so far so this is fine.
In post 324, Varsoon wrote:@Skitter: Oh! You meant this game! I thought you meant the previous game with the Adventure Zone flavor. Yes--I've also been reading this entire game as it's been posted.

I guess that I've played the 'lets discuss this mechanic's best use' card a lot as scum (see: Color Mafia games) and I've seen scum do it a lot early-game in my own public-mechanic heavy games, so it's a strategy I tend to associate with scum.

Shoshin is for sure sincere, but I feel like they're not looking beyond what people are saying at face-value.

Sorry if my tone is weird--I'm probably gonna be really weird this game in general since I'm working full time which is usually not something I've done while playing mafia. So we'll see how it goes.
The tone apology here is interesting. I definitely read this post as being a different tone. I'm curious if you'd think to make a tone switch as scum v. naturally make a tone switch as town
In post 367, Porkens wrote:VOTE: unvote

I'm townreading RC now. more posts make it clearer.

VOTE: cakez

and sheeping
In post 368, RadiantCowbells wrote:i'm not, like, voting cakez
yeah, huh. I'll wait for a Porkens explanation before voting there

VOTE: Varsoon for a variety of pretty good reasons that have already been said, even though the skill of this playerlist makes me feel like this is too obvious. Not sure where else to turn rn, though, so.

@RC do you still want a nsg lynch?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Shoshin »

Why is RC still town, Irrelephant? That doesn't seem right coming from you.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Because I don't want him on my back
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

What's your read on RC currently?
Also @Reck how good are you at reading RC in general?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:05 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

We have played a single game together where I was scum and he was town and he locktowned me.

I would Lynch him outright for his play thus far.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:09 am

I think it's not impossible that reck/varsoon is just SvS
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:13 am

Regarding NSG: no I do not want an NSG lynch right this minute.

I have expressed my concerns, she will get lynched later in the day if she is scum. If she's town I don't want to pressure her to be here if she has better things to do.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:16 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 414, Gammagooey wrote:I'm going to go over the varsoon stuff again later today because I don't really understand why people are scumreading him and a lot of the conversation around him but aside from that I feel like I've got a pretty decent handle on the game

@Shoshin - I'm giving Creature credit for having a decent scumgame because he and Papa Zito and Spiffeh smoked everyone in Transformers Mafia and from memory his earlygame there felt similar to the earlygame here of poking at a few things/people but really not doing a lot of substance.

VOTE: Porkens

Like his best post so far is #113 which is fine but not amazing and everything else feels between null and bad, and given the amount of people scumreading him to some extent it feels like we can make a real actual wagon happen even though nobody else is actually voting him right now.

Koki feels guttown to me too btw
I’m null/towny to you but you perceive that I’ll be an easy wagon.

K

VOTE: gammagooey

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”