Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Alonzo »

I thought u were an Invisibility Alt FTR!
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

will post catchup some time tomorrow, i have like 3 tests tomorrow that i haven't studied for...
In post 1649, Alonzo wrote:Hello again Korina, or should I call you vex. You have a huge word count here.
idrc, either name works
only reason why i havent switched over to main is laziness at this point
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by ofrhz »

VOTE COUNT 2.1
Alonzo (0):

the worst (2):
ruru, Alonzo
ruru (0):

BuJaber (0):

Enigma (1):
the worst
ejjinami (1):
skitter30
Creature (0):

Gamma Emerald (1):
Creature
skitter30 (0):

Vex Vience (0):

Not Voting (5):
Bujaber, Enigma, ejjinami, Gamma Emerald, Vex Vience

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-10-02 10:30:00)

Other:
- skitter30 V/LA Fridays and Saturdays
- ejjinami V/LA until Thursday 9/20
Last edited by ofrhz on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

actually putting off studying to play forum mafia
i have a really bad habit about saying im gonna study only to write this
In post 1554, the worst wrote:if a vig exists I just trust the vig not to be stupid. if I could hammer I would :p
i don't like this post
at all
vig being stupid would mean the vig shoots creature or myself.
i don't see vig shooting you as a sign of them being stupid.
also, the "if i could hammer, i would" feels really weird to me
In post 1555, ejjinami wrote:Cuz I really doubt I’ll get killed with that many people SRing me
this part of the post feels wrong to me
obviously mafia wouldn't nk you because there's better targets, (creature namely), and we all seemed to agree that if vig exists, they shoot tw, not you.
so where does this post even come from?
if it came down to vig deciding between ejji and tw, i think vig would've shot tw first, meaning that ejji shouldn't really be concerned about getting shot regardless.
In post 1583, Creature wrote:
In post 1581, Vex Vience wrote:you have been, but you're confirmed town. tbh, i kinda expect you to be one of the very top posters, one of the most active people in the game if only because you're modconfirmed town
Being conftown is hard. I can't pick fights like non-clears do.
you certainly can pick fights, people may be less willing to fight with you, and it may be harder, but it's certainly possible.
you just gotta try in the right spots.
In post 1585, ruru wrote:I think the nk makes sense, it's probably what I would do as scum if I had no strong pr reads
so, you'd rather shoot a possible pr versus the confirmed ic as scum?
please explain your logic on that one
In post 1590, Creature wrote:
In post 1587, ruru wrote:tw is a valuable scum player
I don't really think.
what are you getting at here creature? you kinda cut off the sentence mid-way through...
In post 1595, Alonzo wrote:I'm town, I was gonna deathtunnel A50 today, so I need to re read and come up with a plan B
why would you be death-tunneling monkey-boye?
In post 1596, the worst wrote:
In post 1567, Enigma wrote:Well initial thoughts are ruru is town based on the last minute unvote.

Interesting turn of night events. No vig maybe, unless duck is BP/traitor (but don't claim vig if so). Also feel like with the NK target, scum were TPR hunting so we could expect they picked a few modifiers?
pings scummy
and yet my post that said basically the exact same thing as well doesn't? (minus the ruru is town, and somewhat different on scum tpr hunting)
that doesn't seem right here duckko
In post 1599, the worst wrote:
In post 1590, Creature wrote:
In post 1587, ruru wrote:tw is a valuable scum player
I don't really think.
QFT
I also have no reason to bus considering nobody here knows my scum meta very well. especially someone who nobody was paying attention to.
im sorry
but
that's wrong

if no one here knows your scum meta very well, you can get away with a lot
if i am scum (which im not), and i wanted to play to my mains scum meta, i could very easily get away with it until i outed myself.
wanna know why?
because no one knows my meta meaning i can get away with more insane things that i normally wouldnt do only because ik no one can call me on it

you have a reason to bus here
its to try to make it look like you're town considering you said it yourself, "nobody here knows my scum meta very well"
In post 1600, the worst wrote:VOTE: ejjinami
In post 1604, Creature wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald
please explain those two naked votes?
In post 1607, ruru wrote:also you can't have it both ways: if you want to argue that your interactions with ceejay should clear you, then you can't say that you would never bus him for towncred
i also agree with this post
In post 1608, ruru wrote:like actual clearing interactions are interactions that are unlikely to come from scum because they're {anti-scum, difficult to fake} and I don't see anything like that here

bussing in a game with nightkills and limited town power isn't anti-scum

nothing between you two was difficult to fake; you practically didn't interact with ceejay at all
i also agree with this post
In post 1609, the worst wrote:
In post 1601, ruru wrote:
In post 1587, ruru wrote:I would really like to see examples of:
a) apathy town tw - which he refused to provide meta of when I asked and this supports the idea of him expecting to just get a free pass for delivering a redflip, which only scum could really be sure would happen
b) sacrificial scum tw - he might choose try to lynch town d1 here as scum but given the scumreads already on him that would probably lead to him never making endgame. I haven't seen sacrificial scum play from tw before, so I'm curious if it's a thing he does at all
In post 1587, ruru wrote:I would really like to see examples of:
a) apathy town tw - which he refused to provide meta of when I asked and this supports the idea of him expecting to just get a free pass for delivering a redflip, which only scum could really be sure would happen
b) sacrificial scum tw - he might choose try to lynch town d1 here as scum but given the scumreads already on him that would probably lead to him never making endgame. I haven't seen sacrificial scum play from tw before, so I'm curious if it's a thing he does at all
it's not my job to hold your hand thru my meta
you should not trust me to hold your hand thru my meta if you think I'm scum

why would I ever dignify this with a response? address it at someone who knows me better or dive it yourself?
you said that none of us really know your scum meta though
also, meta arguments are shit, they're horrible, don't use them
In post 1613, the worst wrote:I think I'm being stupid again. this is >rand town!ruru it's just an annoying antitown tunnel.

can you please look at this again and tell me you objectively think it makes any sense for me to charge in and bus cjv as his scunbhddy there. I appreciate that I cOuLd Be TeH sCuMz but like maybe ofrhz made a mod error and Creature is scum
ヽ(`⌒´)ノ

if you keep tunnelling small possibilities were not gonna get anywhere. I'm objectively more likely to be town than scum here by both play and meta and your insisting I cOuLd Be TeH sCuMz is doing like nothing but frustrating me and clogging up the thread

also minor lamisty moment, sue me: if I do get lynched it's gonna steer heat back @ u which is not super beneficial rn fmpov
Spoiler:

sorry, this was the first photo i found on google

if ofrhz made a mod error like that, the game would've been re-rolled long ago
ik this is just an example, but it is the worst example you could've made
there is literally no justification to it, and it makes 0 sense

also, you objectively being more likely to be town than scum isn't true.
that's subjective.

your play, at least to me, isn't very townie.
the meta thing, isnt that helpful either. "oh look at my meta, it confirms me as town"
i have to admit, i do find you insisting we look at your meta somewhat townie, but what if your scum meta mimics your town meta? what do we do about that then? just assume that you're town and go along with our day?
im also bringing this up again, you said that we don't really know your scum meta.
that makes a whole lot of a difference here
In post 1625, Alonzo wrote:
In post 1602, skitter30 wrote:why were you going to deathtunnel him? ie why were you scumreading him?
Just reading the thread through a couple of posts jumped out, namely his sky TR.

But you know... near end of the day.. that post on NM.. you know my policy!!
no i dont
In post 1645, the worst wrote:D2 begins
my thoughts: quack!
a shiny wagon forms
I hop on the wagon
I notice ruru is town and makes a good point about the wagoned player
I realise the hammer was pretty good and your sketchy L-1 is a lot more scum indicative plus I put ejji as town before you
my thoughts: QUACK QUACK BINCH

hopefully this explains my thought process in a tidy linear fashion
not really, im not following atm
please eli5 this for me, kthx

========

i feel like tw is certainly scum, and maybe so is ejji
i keep getting the feeling that ceejay's reads will help us somehow as well

that being said...

VOTE: tw

also, i sent ofrhz ths when he said send in memes
Spoiler:
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

@ofrhz you forgot my vote :^)
probably because i submitted it a few moments after you made the vc

#CultsArentBastard
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Tw - do you have a scum game where you posted a lot? I only have the one scumgame to go on and d1 you sort of played to that meta but d2 it's different. Like you're arguing more than I would expect but some of the things you're saying are just so weird.

I find it weird that ruru is able to push tw for bussing cjv which seems rather reachy. Like I don't think tw is obvtown here by any means, but I don't think the way he pushed cjv was scum-indicative. It only makes sense if you go into it thinking 'what would tw do if he repped into a scum slot' it doesn't feel like the correct order of thoughts. Unless ruru genuinenly looks at that and says oh that looks like bussing. If someone other than tw did the same thing would you also think they're bussing ruru? At least then I could understand. Just feels like an awkward attempt at bussing and if he is as good at it as you say I'd expect a smoother attempt.
Also coming from the same person the gamma tr is weird. You are prone to believing that scum!tw had this elaborate bussing strategy, but don't believe scum!gamma could fake forget his partner? Particularly someone who flaked from the site and wasn't talking much he's easily forgettable for real even.

Enigma seems like he's pushing an agenda/creating nk wifom and he continues to post rvs'y posts like 'first' which is just like... why man? A50 did TR him though. I also still think gamma's play is more in line with his scum meta.
I hypo inno alonzo

I need help sorting tw/ruru, vex/skitter still town, alonzo is town, scum pool for today is {ejj, enigma, gamma}

VOTE: gamma
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1653, Vex Vience wrote:i don't like this post
at all
ok

ok

ok

ok
by way of response please see above

kindly share what the fuck you're angling at?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1653, Vex Vience wrote:and yet my post that said basically the exact same thing as well doesn't? (minus the ruru is town, and somewhat different on scum tpr hunting)
ok

oh?

I found Enigma's wording and timing kinda funny, yours felt fine. it's just you being you
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by the worst »

Vex scumreading me here is a high form of compliment bc he's ignoring everything suspicious I'm posting and focusing on NAI nonsense.....and me scumhunting? binchhhh

also ofrhz mod error comment was a joke :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1655, BuJaber wrote:Tw - do you have a scum game where you posted a lot? I only have the one scumgame to go on and d1 you sort of played to that meta but d2 it's different. Like you're arguing more than I would expect but some of the things you're saying are just so weird.
lmao maybe
Try open 733 or earthbound or the newbie game nancy modded or sharing is caring by almost50

going by your question I don't really know what you're looking for? like just high post count as scum? either of those games should be fine, I talk a lot
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1659, the worst wrote:
In post 1655, BuJaber wrote:Tw - do you have a scum game where you posted a lot? I only have the one scumgame to go on and d1 you sort of played to that meta but d2 it's different. Like you're arguing more than I would expect but some of the things you're saying are just so weird.
lmao maybe
Try open 733 or earthbound or the newbie game nancy modded or sharing is caring by almost50

going by your question I don't really know what you're looking for? like just high post count as scum? either of those games should be fine, I talk a lot
hold on yeah
try open 733, that might be closer to what you're after I think
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Alonzo »

@VV

I have a strict Lynch NM policy. A50 unvoting NM and saying I never vote NM is THE singlemost scummy post I think I 'have ever seen. Probably best he's dead, I would have dragged this game waaaay down by now =)
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Blame the game we do not talk about, I still have nightmares.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1661, Alonzo wrote:@VV

I have a strict Lynch NM policy. A50 unvoting NM and saying I never vote NM is THE singlemost scummy post I think I 'have ever seen. Probably best he's dead, I would have dragged this game waaaay down by now =)
Well you're both wrong then lmao

Why have a blanket policy on
player
?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by the worst »

lmfao oh you don't know their history
A50 and NM are like, soulmates in a non creepy mafia way. A50 will keep NM around for sheer enjoyment for as long as possible unless it messes w wincon (me too Tbf just to a lesser degree :lol:)
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:33 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 1656, the worst wrote:
In post 1653, Vex Vience wrote:i don't like this post
at all
ok

ok

ok

ok

kindly share what the fuck you're angling at?
im getting at that i don't like that this post is really scummy.
vig being stupid means vig just randomly shoots, they don't shoot a scumread
the "if i could hammer" post just feels out of place to me.
it doesn't really make sense to me that you'd say that from a town perspective
In post 1657, the worst wrote:
In post 1653, Vex Vience wrote:and yet my post that said basically the exact same thing as well doesn't? (minus the ruru is town, and somewhat different on scum tpr hunting)
ok

oh?

I found Enigma's wording and timing kinda funny, yours felt fine. it's just you being you
enigma posted it before i did, and we basically said the same thing.
how is it that one person can say it, and its scummy, and another can, and its perfectly fine?
In post 1658, the worst wrote:Vex scumreading me here is a high form of compliment bc he's ignoring everything suspicious I'm posting and focusing on NAI nonsense.....and me scumhunting? binchhhh

also ofrhz mod error comment was a joke :P
im focusing on the things i find scummy.
also, the mod error thing i brought up only because you tried making a comparison using it
In post 1664, the worst wrote:

lmfao oh you don't know their history
A50 and NM are like, soulmates in a non creepy mafia way. A50 will keep NM around for sheer enjoyment for as long as possible unless it messes w wincon (me too Tbf just to a lesser degree :lol:)
ik nm is just a troll.
that's why im so fine with him getting hung d1.

#CultsArentBastard
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:14 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1665, Vex Vience wrote:im getting at that i don't like that this post is really scummy.
vig being stupid means vig just randomly shoots, they don't shoot a scumread
the "if i could hammer" post just feels out of place to me.
it doesn't really make sense to me that you'd say that from a town perspective
you're projecting your opinions onto my post
I'm just saying if there's a vig I hope they shoot sensibly into a lynchpool
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:15 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1665, Vex Vience wrote:enigma posted it before i did, and we basically said the same thing.
how is it that one person can say it, and its scummy, and another can, and its perfectly fine?
because you have different wincons?
like if scum and town said different things all the time this game would be very boring
this reads as more intolerant of other playstyles/stances than actually thinking and forming a logical opinion. why the fuck does two people saying a similar thing with different trajectories and different styles mean that they must be the same alignment?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:16 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1665, Vex Vience wrote:im focusing on the things i find scummy.
also, the mod error thing i brought up only because you tried making a comparison using it
ok

and ok
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:17 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1665, Vex Vience wrote:ik nm is just a troll.
...especially when he reps into a meta scum slot
hence why we don't leave him to be vigged by a vig that ~may or may not exist~
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:09 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1669, the worst wrote:
In post 1665, Vex Vience wrote:ik nm is just a troll.
...especially when he reps into a meta scum slot
hence why we don't leave him to be vigged by a vig that ~may or may not exist~
I'd like to have a mini discussion on this after the game.

I skimmed through your posts in open 733. Looks like there's more to your scum game than what meets the eye. :P

I think I need to play with you more before I can meta read you.

See in giyga's curse (feels like years ago) you had this air of uncertainty and lack of solid opinions and I would have described you as a shy/passive go-with-the-flow kind of player. A common enough scum technique but also if done well can get away with it undetected. General theme would be 'hiding' from direct attention.

In 733 it seems you were following a more proactive 'point attention elsewhere' technique. Less talking about yourself, more pushing of cases, more asking direct questions that don't require you to give opinions yourself but allow you to divert attention onto the person being asked the question.

In terms of post quantity I'd say this game is closer to 733, but content wise I'm not seing a consistent agenda of avoiding the spotlight here. You're neither hiding nor trying to avoid getting into it with people. But I'm not sensing any real motivation to figuring things out either. It reads like that one tired player in every rl game asking everyone "aren't we done yet?"
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:00 am

Post by ruru »

733 scum pt wrote:Thank mafiajeebus there's no PRs so I can keep yelling at people
possibly relevant, 733 is the most aggressive I've seen tw as scum
tempted to say cjv is our strongest scum play just via being utterly difficult to read. I also didn't factor in that I couldn't immolate as scum this game.
hmm this is interesting, actually this weakens my sr
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:14 am

Post by ruru »

In post 1655, BuJaber wrote:I find it weird that ruru is able to push tw for bussing cjv which seems rather reachy. Like I don't think tw is obvtown here by any means, but I don't think the way he pushed cjv was scum-indicative. It only makes sense if you go into it thinking 'what would tw do if he repped into a scum slot' it doesn't feel like the correct order of thoughts. Unless ruru genuinenly looks at that and says oh that looks like bussing. If someone other than tw did the same thing would you also think they're bussing ruru? At least then I could understand. Just feels like an awkward attempt at bussing and if he is as good at it as you say I'd expect a smoother attempt.
so, if you don't want to read my posts, it's a combination of:

- sky ellitell
- tw not playing like his town meta
- tw making generally scummy posts
- tw making posts that remind me of his scum meta
- tw making posts that remind me of his bussing meta (results- rather than process-based scumhunting)
- {tw, cj} interactions not being particularly clearing
- cj being a disposable scum slot; if he kept playing like that, he would've earned a pl anyway
- tw being familiar with cj and so he might feel like he's expected to read the slot correctly eventually anyway

none of these things should be taken alone
Also coming from the same person the gamma tr is weird. You are prone to believing that scum!tw had this elaborate bussing strategy, but don't believe scum!gamma could fake forget his partner? Particularly someone who flaked from the site and wasn't talking much he's easily forgettable for real even.
there's nothing elaborate about bussing d1

I don't really consider gamma's interactions clearing either for the record, I just think they're less likely to come from a partner and I already have a weak tr on gamma
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wait where would I have forgotten a partner?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:29 am

Post by ruru »

I feel like scum probably wouldn't make these posts together and that the inconsistency in treatment of a scum slot is something scum would be super self-aware about and it's much more likely to come from town who isn't paying much attention to the game and possibly even forgot ceejay and nm were the same slot

Return to “Completed Open Games”