Newbie 1892 | Stuff I found online V | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:29 am

Post by xx2008 »

My take on dojaj is partially a gut feeling based on his tone, but his hmmmmm posts don’t really help with the game, and his read on LCpl Jones seems scummy and is not really backed with sufficient evidence.
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:45 am

Post by dojaj »

I’m just a noob don’t get too excited x) I actually agree that I seem scummy cuz I’m bad at this but I really am pure noob
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 124, xx2008 wrote:I don’t like to put too much pressure on a lurky player because they could be either alignment and simply not put that much time into this game.
I actually find dojaj a bit scummy.
I like this. Don’t know who you’re even talking about based on skimming backwards, but slight lean town here.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 125, xx2008 wrote:My take on dojaj is partially a gut feeling based on his tone, but his hmmmmm posts don’t really help with the game, and his read on LCpl Jones seems scummy and is not really backed with sufficient evidence.
Fair assessment. I don’t necessarily have this feeling on the slot, but I’m definitely not town reading it either.

It’s page 6, i don’t really know what they could have said, so if it seems forced, that might be true, but do you think that a townie person wouldn’t have a forced read at this time in the game?
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Lamees »

I am reading town on everyone so far. Besides null on korina and dojaj. And scum on kaldridge (1 post in over 4 days, and the post was right after the mod stepped in, definitely lurking trying to hide something)
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 122, Korina wrote:[

Do you care to explain why that's townie to you?
I don't really see it as townie, however, I'm struggling to get into words why I exactly find it scummy
Basically, he seems to be sort of pushing a few leads to see if he can get any reaction or extract any information. I can see that as being indicative of town in this stage of rvs / livs but I'd expect better scumhunting later in the game.

However, and make that a however with capital h, o, w, e, v, e, and r, dojaj's actions seem to me more like someone whos trying to appear to be there but not actually doing anything much to contribute apart from some minor pushing of xx and myself. Hmmm posts contribute exactly... nothing to the game! At best they indicate he has read it and is thinking about it which is good. But I'd expect to see more reasoning behind his arguments, not rather vague pushes. This is more like scum trying to appear to be scumhunting than town actually trying to scumhunt in RVS / LIVS [1]

I also
really
don't like where he says 'I know I appear scummy'. To me this is a massive scumtell. Up to this point I hadn't really considered him to be scummy as such, but with everything else, this to me indicates that he is nervous, and that he is being overly defensive to... a single solitary scumread. That infers that he has something to be nervous about - i.e. to me he acts very like a newbie scum. I'm not really explaining this properly, but plesse bear with me, I haven't slept in about 19 hours and I'm dead beat.

And finally, I am a bit concerned that he is not answering Korina's questions in #122. I'd really like to see his answers there.

So all that being said:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dojaj

=======
[1] LIVS = Low Info Voting Stage
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 118, Lamees wrote:VOTE: kaldridge1025

sorry I know it's your first game but so is it for many of us, but no lurkiness/lack of activity from anyone else
Pushing an inactive in a newbie game has to be some kind of booby prize winning idea. Scum has more incentive to be active than town does. Activity is NAI until it is, and when it is we will know it. This is a bad push and you should feel bad for it.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 119, acrimoniusalpaca wrote:Agreeing with Lamees, I feel that it is in Town's benefit to lynch silent lurking players. If they are town, they are not doing any good for the town. If they are mafia, then it is good for the town. So I'm voting
UNVOTE: Flavour Leaf
VOTE: kalridge1025

I feel this also makes RVS less R.
You jumping on the wagon like this is pretty bad too. Not like bad town though, like scum bad. Also the fact that you skipped over a post directed at you by me is bad form and leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Why ignore my question and jump on a flimsy wagon? Scum much?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Spoiler:
In post 123, dojaj wrote:
In post 122, Korina wrote:
In post 104, dojaj wrote:
In post 99, xx2008 wrote:I understand you're joking, but something tells me they're scummy.
Is this your normal playstyle?
Were ypuvreally just suspicious of korina or are you distracting everyone else from the possibility of you being scummy
Do you think that xx is actually scum here Dojaj?
In post 110, dojaj wrote:
In post 109, xx2008 wrote:
In post 99, xx2008 wrote:I understand you're joking, but something tells me they're scummy.
Were ypuvreally just suspicious of korina or are you distracting everyone else from the possibility of you being scummy
I was suspicious of him, because the tone of his posts didn't seem natural at first.
True hmmmm
Care to share what you make of that post?
In post 111, LCpl Jones wrote:... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that but ok, fair enough. Maybe you mean that I'm a bit "verbose" for lack of a better word? That's my normal playstyle, always has been.

Also, I don't like that you immediiately jump from attacking XX on his Korina push then to me then you agree with XX about Korina. That seems a bit inconsistent, kind of like you're flailing around a bit trying to push a few different people and see what happens. But... that's more of a towntell to me imo in this stage since that's the only way to get info this early.
I don't really see it as townie, however, I'm struggling to get into words why I exactly find it scummy
In post 112, acrimoniusalpaca wrote:
This also seems like a likely situation.
Why do you think that it's a likely situation?
What posts from dojaj lead you to thinking that xx is scum?
In post 120, dojaj wrote:
In post 111, LCpl Jones wrote:... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that but ok, fair enough. Maybe you mean that I'm a bit "verbose" for lack of a better word? That's my normal playstyle, always has been.

Also, I don't like that you immediiately jump from attacking XX on his Korina push then to me then you agree with XX about Korina. That seems a bit inconsistent, kind of like you're flailing around a bit trying to push a few different people and see what happens. But... that's more of a towntell to me imo in this stage since that's the only way to get info this early.
Hmmmmm
Once again, what do you make of this post? "Hmmmmm" doesn't really help us out in trying to determine what you're thinking.
Idk guys I really still can’t tell anyone’s intentions I’m wondering if it’s Jones regular play or f my initial method of him being super nice is a revrse psychology method hmmm who knows. And the contradiction is cuz I understood his point of view. I just tend to be diplomatic ;) anyways I still feel suspicious about jones so I’ll wait it out a day or two more

Why you ignoring me dojaj? Dont wanna dance with me?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 126, dojaj wrote:I’m just a noob don’t get too excited x) I actually agree that I seem scummy cuz I’m bad at this but I really am pure noob
See thing is we here are scum hunters. If you look like scum then we will case you and you will hang. Next game you wont do that again and you will learn from your mistakes.

Why do you think you look scummy here?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 129, Lamees wrote:I am reading town on everyone so far. Besides null on korina and dojaj. And scum on kaldridge (1 post in over 4 days, and the post was right after the mod stepped in, definitely lurking trying to hide something)
Why are you reading town on me? I don’t recall doing anything townie. If anything I’ve basically lurked our for a day, and just commented on semantics.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.04Is it okay to spray people who feed wild animals at national parks with a bottle of cold water?

I agree that might be nicely cathartic, but sadly, positive punishment-based behavioral modification a) has much less latency than other methods and b) has a really high chance of accidentally influencing the wrong behavior, since there’s no way to be precise about what the recipient associates with the external stimuli. So while you might be intending to discourage them from feeding wildlife, they might accidentally end up being less likely to engage with strangers, or just end up afraid of squirt bottles.
Read More

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

kaldridge1025
(3): Lamees, acrimoniusalpaca, Korina
dojaj
(2): xx2008, LCpl Jones
Formerfish
(1): Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
(1): Formerfish
LCpl Jones
(1): dojaj

Not Voting
(1): kaldridge1025

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-10-05 07:45:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Lamees »

In post 131, Formerfish wrote:
In post 118, Lamees wrote:VOTE: kaldridge1025

sorry I know it's your first game but so is it for many of us, but no lurkiness/lack of activity from anyone else
Pushing an inactive in a newbie game has to be some kind of booby prize winning idea. Scum has more incentive to be active than town does. Activity is NAI until it is, and when it is we will know it. This is a bad push and you should feel bad for it.
I explained that it isn't just the lack of activity. It's that, plus immediately responded when was called, could be lurking/hiding while actually here. I am reading scum because my thinking is that one strategy of a newish scum player could be to just lurk for the first few days and get town to thin themselves out. This avoids the player making a scum slip etc.

How can you even say pushing an inactive in a newbie game is a bad idea, then at the same time say scum has more incentive to be active? Contradicting.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by Lamees »

In post 135, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 129, Lamees wrote:I am reading town on everyone so far. Besides null on korina and dojaj. And scum on kaldridge (1 post in over 4 days, and the post was right after the mod stepped in, definitely lurking trying to hide something)
Why are you reading town on me? I don’t recall doing anything townie. If anything I’ve basically lurked our for a day, and just commented on semantics.
With 6 townies in the game and only 2 mafia in the game, I tend to think most are town, until they do something suspicious.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Lamees »

I mean 7 townies
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by Plotinus »

kaldridge10252 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2018-09-29 17:20:00) to post before I start looking for a replacement because the prod timer runs a little slower on weekends.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by dojaj »

In post 134, Formerfish wrote:
In post 126, dojaj wrote:I’m just a noob don’t get too excited x) I actually agree that I seem scummy cuz I’m bad at this but I really am pure noob
See thing is we here are scum hunters. If you look like scum then we will case you and you will hang. Next game you wont do that again and you will learn from your mistakes.

Because I don’t really know what to say and I’m inconsistent which I can see. I still won’t unvote Jones yet because his posts are super long and I always think extra effort or precision is suspicious makes you stand out rather than blend in
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 133, Formerfish wrote:Why you ignoring me dojaj? Dont wanna dance with me?
It looks to me like Korina was pushing dojaj, not you in that post you quoted...? So why ask why dojaj is ignoring
you
, not Korina?
dojaj
dojaj
Townie
dojaj
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by dojaj »

In post 133, Formerfish wrote:
Spoiler:
I was suspicious of him, because the tone of his posts didn't seem natural at first.
True hmmmm

Hmmmmm
Once again, what do you make of this post? "Hmmmmm" doesn't really help us out in trying to determine what you're thinking.
Idk guys I really still can’t tell anyone’s intentions I’m wondering if it’s Jones regular play or f my initial method of him being super nice is a revrse psychology method hmmm who knows. And the contradiction is cuz I understood his point of view. I just tend to be diplomatic ;) anyways I still feel suspicious about jones so I’ll wait it out a day or two more

Sorry I didn’t notice you quoted me anywhere except the last one I replied to? Did you??
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 am

Post by Korina »

A few quick thoughts from me before I get to work on school stuff for the day:
In post 123, dojaj wrote:Idk guys I really still can’t tell anyone’s intentions I’m wondering if it’s Jones regular play or f my initial method of him being super nice is a revrse psychology method hmmm who knows. And the contradiction is cuz I understood his point of view. I just tend to be diplomatic ;) anyways I still feel suspicious about jones so I’ll wait it out a day or two more
Alright, right off the bat, this doesn't really answer my own questions. This feels like a weak effort to try to side-step them, while trying to seem like you have an answer, when, you really don't.
Second, the entire "hmm, who knows" thing doesn't really sit right with me. It doesn't seem really... productive. It just feels like noise.
In post 125, xx2008 wrote:My take on dojaj is partially a gut feeling based on his tone, but his hmmmmm posts don’t really help with the game, and his read on LCpl Jones seems scummy and is not really backed with sufficient evidence.
I'm gonna be honest here for a moment: This post from xx actually feels townie to me. My case on Dojaj currently is that he doesn't really seem to be trying to help out a whole lot, he seems to be more content with letting us play the game while he just tries to look productive the entire game.
I certainly do agree with this post over-all.
Care to explain your TR (Town Read) on everyone else? Quickly did some ISO skimming and didn't really see anything from everyone that'd prompt a TR. The only people I really kinda got anything TR-able from was FF, LCPL and xx.
In post 130, LCpl Jones wrote:
In post 122, Korina wrote:[

Basically, he seems to be sort of pushing a few leads to see if he can get any reaction or extract any information. I can see that as being indicative of town in this stage of rvs / livs but I'd expect better scumhunting later in the game.

However, and make that a however with capital h, o, w, e, v, e, and r, dojaj's actions seem to me more like someone whos trying to appear to be there but not actually doing anything much to contribute apart from some minor pushing of xx and myself. Hmmm posts contribute exactly... nothing to the game! At best they indicate he has read it and is thinking about it which is good. But I'd expect to see more reasoning behind his arguments, not rather vague pushes. This is more like scum trying to appear to be scumhunting than town actually trying to scumhunt in RVS / LIVS [1]

I also
really
don't like where he says 'I know I appear scummy'. To me this is a massive scumtell. Up to this point I hadn't really considered him to be scummy as such, but with everything else, this to me indicates that he is nervous, and that he is being overly defensive to... a single solitary scumread. That infers that he has something to be nervous about - i.e. to me he acts very like a newbie scum. I'm not really explaining this properly, but plesse bear with me, I haven't slept in about 19 hours and I'm dead beat.

And finally, I am a bit concerned that he is not answering Korina's questions in #122. I'd really like to see his answers there.

So all that being said:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dojaj

=======
[1] LIVS = Low Info Voting Stage
I really like this entire post, and I actually do agree with it. I really feel like all the points that LCPL did bring up are actually very true, and very right.
I do also agree that Dojaj's "hmm" posts do very little to help the game, and make it look like he's there but really he isn't in the first place.
In post 141, dojaj wrote:
In post 134, Formerfish wrote:

Because I don’t really know what to say and I’m inconsistent which I can see. I still won’t unvote Jones yet because his posts are super long and I always think extra effort or precision is suspicious makes you stand out rather than blend in
Alright, here's my thing about long posts: If a player makes a long post, that makes them stand out more.
Scum never want to be standing out, because that means people are watching them. If they screw up, everyone's watching and they then see that they screwed up. Now, does that mean
all
scum will try to blend in? No, but a good portion of them will try to.

Extra effort or precision helps show others what their alignment is based on what they're saying. If they seem like they're trying to push an agenda in their wall posts, they're scum. Why would Town want to push an agenda in the first place?
Short posts on the other-hand, help players blend in, and doesn't reveal a whole lot about their intentions and motives. The more walls (long posts) a player makes in general, the easier it becomes to tell what their goal is, only because they've said so much more.

In general, extra effort or precision isn't scummy only because it makes them stand out more. Scum don't wanna stand out, they wanna blend in.
In post 143, dojaj wrote:
In post 133, Formerfish wrote:
Spoiler:
True hmmmm

Hmmmmm

Sorry I didn’t notice you quoted me anywhere except the last one I replied to? Did you??
You skipped over my questions.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:33 am

Post by Lamees »

@Korina, I already answered that question.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Korina »

Where?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Lamees »

xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:58 am

Post by xx2008 »

I agree with the take on dojaj and I won't be unvoting him as of right now. I have townreads on FF, lamees, and jones. Everyone else is null.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Korina »

In post 148, xx2008 wrote:I agree with the take on dojaj and I won't be unvoting him as of right now. I have townreads on FF, lamees, and jones. Everyone else is null.
To clarify this, you agree with the fact that Dojaj may be scum, however you do not actively SR him, correct?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B