Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

have I stopped being scum until proven inno, creature?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Creature »

It's useless to just PoV from scum!you.
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1607, Music and Mail wrote:
In post 1606, Gamma Emerald wrote:Mmm don’t like the outrage given he’s the Open listmod and would know a claim wouldn’t really do anything for him
What does this mean?
I’m saying 1574 looks fake
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1620, implosion wrote:
In post 1606, Gamma Emerald wrote:Mmm don’t like the outrage given he’s the Open listmod and would know a claim wouldn’t really do anything for him
This is kind of a weird thing to say.

You don't buy the
outrage
because as the open listmod he should know it's not a smart thing to do.

Isn't that the whole point of outrage?
No
I’m saying he looks outraged at being forced to claim and acts like he’s so important when as Open listmod he should know he’s really not.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

that uppity, hoity-toity penguinpower thinks he's all that

but he's not!!!!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s one way of saying it
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1539, Spooghetioso wrote:okay thank you skitter but the orange thing went missing when i make a post also i found what the iso button does earlier and i did find it again that way but thank you for the help you are kind! :D
:)

==

wrt nick's pp push:

i don't really feel the 'too scummy to be scum' argument; i've seen town say something like 'help me bus someone' more than once

also i don't see how 'listmod nonsense' is scummy really

overall i read it but it doesn't feel super convincing to me, idk. also i feel like town often changes reads without explicitly explaining how they've changed them;

i don't have a super strong opinion on nick; however he is on the scummy side of null for me because of his rep-in and carca vote that he was on until throughout that bad wagon on her

==
In post 1544, Spooghetioso wrote:also i see the quote button but i do not know how to format it?
click on quote; you'll see a new screen up that'll give you a bunch of formatting optins like bold, italics, spoilers, etc

if you only highlight part of a post and than click quote that will be the only part of the post to show up in your post. example: this sentence from you that i've quoted

==
In post 1545, implosion wrote:as far as I can tell, the only plausible way for skitter to be scum is if she has an extremely, extremely strong genuine misunderstanding of her own scumgame.

I guess I should ask her for a piece of representative scum meta where she reacted poorly to someone pushing her.
i don't think i can point to a time where i acted really badly to pressure; my response is either to panic-lurk and not really respond and to get called out for that, or to rewrite posts a bajillion times before i post them till it doesn't sound scummy, or some combination therein (ie panic-lurk and then rewriting posts)

i don't know if i've ever been caught explicitly for a bad reaction to a push itself; but i'm very aware that that's where i'm most likely to get caught so i became very very cautious about my posting

==
In post 1551, implosion wrote:I don't think I've mentioned this btw, but I really don't buy the argument that Spoogh potentially lying about level of experience/anything else can be alignment-indicative here. It's possible that they're putting on an act to a degree but I don't think that there's much reasonable chance that they decided to put on that act specifically after seeing a scum role PM.
yeah this is kinda what i'm thinking too honestly; like it's bad but idk if it's scummy

like i would say he's a gimmick alt if not for the fact that he tried to /in in the newbie queue

==
In post 1575, Almost50 wrote:She's not the lynch today, so no point in breaking down her posts. However, refusing to lynch CMod whether or nor he cops M&M, while actively shading M&M is sketchy at best. This is isn't how Town!skitter's brain works. As Town, skitter tends to go for the option that directly unwriggles the situation. She doesn't like circumstantial reads and does prefer the mechanically correct play, so calling it "beyond stupid" isn't what I would expect from town!her.

Furthermore, skitter will always read for comprehension. Her response to my post was totally off the mark. I didn't say CMod was scum with M&M in that post. I said the contrary: CMod is scum refusing to conf!town M&M. The post assumes RC is TOWN, and she interprets it as I'm accusing CMod of being scum with RC. I don't think I've ever seen skitter misread such an obvious phrasing before.

Then I do have a problem with her v/la. I understand she had no internet before, but "I should have declared v/la" doesn't sound natural to me.

skitter is always in catch up mode this game, and this could very well be because she's afraid of engaging because she hates playing scum and it's tedious for her to "fake" conversations and reads as scum (I know because I was her scum p in a recent game).
a) lynching cmod tomorrow because he's going to check someone tonight doesn't make any sense to me; like why do you even want to do this? unless you strongly believe he's lying about his result why is lynching him the way to respond to him giving a result and/or how to verify it, especially if you think mm and cmod *arne't* scum together? like i don't get why lynching him tomorrow is even on the table. also i don't want to lynch him not because he is/isn't going to check rc but rather because the way he claimed basically always comes from town imo; i don't want to lynch him because i'm townreading him. nor do i think he should be a lynch today if he is claiming he can get a result tonight

b) i didn't say that you thought mm/cmod were scum together; read my post again. i understand quite well that you think mm is townie and that cmod's refusal to cop him is scummy. *i* said i was considring the idea of scum!mm partnered with cmod, but ultimately discarded this because of no daytalk; i didn't say or imply this was a read *you* had

c) i've ahd a busy week irl; it has nothing to do with this game in particular but rather to do with how busy i am; i havne't had super much time for this yesterday and today; activity still won't be super up to par till like mid next week

==
In post 1579, Music and Mail wrote:I mean skitter if you're really town then I get the impression that you outright hate me which isn't something I had any expectations of. I don't think that you are town, or at least I hope that you aren't? But I thought of us as friends or at least friendly in general and the vitriol towards me you've shown feels personal and that's part of the reason I feel like it's faked. Who knows maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right, but you assenting to be copped feels extremely wrong when you should expect me to hard townread you once you stop screaming that I'm scum and it feels like you're just saying that because you want to make a show of being willing to be copped. I would never expect you as town to agree to be copped because I asked you to. You should also know my mentality well enough to understand that I resent the fuck out of being copped as a player scum are going to have to nightkill anyway, so I'm getting ? there as well.

If you're town, realize that what you're doing screaming that I'm scum and trying to discredit me to the best of your ability doesn't come across as sincere and is really, really easy to fake as scum to the point of coming across as a cop out because you're unable to treat me like a player in this game. Not least because I got the vibes that you had some regrets about snakes.

If you're town start sorting the rest of the playerlist.
a) i dont' hate you or anything; i'm sure you're a very nice person outside of mafia and you're quite friendly

i'm having a very very hard time dealing with how you approach mafia with [redacted] and with the newbie and it's tilting me a lot and making it incredibly be hard for me to believe a lot of what you're saying or that you're arguing in good faith. i just don't have much patience or willingness to go along with this again and to let you strongarm things; my annoyance is strictly mafia related

i don't really have any regrets over sneks; or at least not regrets related to you (regrets on letting laser pocket me that long, sure; regrets on not having super great reads in general, sure)

b) (quoted from above): 'but you assenting to be copped feels extremely wrong when
you should expect me to hard townread
you once you stop screaming that I'm scum'

i do expect you to be hard townreading me here, especially since youv'e repeatedly pulled the 'i've never been wrong about skitter' card; that's why i don't believe that you actually scumread me; and i'm beginning to get rather annoyed that you keep pulling this and telling me and other people what i can/would do when you're very very wrong

i really really don't care about being copped on a personal level. i think it's suboptimal majorly because i think i can be read on play and i think that there's several players who are much harder to read but if people want it then whatever; i don't think it's something worth picking a fight over

c) i do believe i have been sorting the rest of the playerlist, thank you

==
In post 1587, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1583, Music and Mail wrote:That's also why I would really want Skitter copped because if she's scum great if she's town we agree on the Poe and I can trust her to Lynch down it doesn't the remainder of the game
I can always say I made a mistake and that I'm actually a N1 COP and will investigate her. :lol:

^^ See THIS would have been me baiting the NK. I don't get how skitter said she thought I was baiting the NK by claiming Doctor either. One more thing that gave me pause about her.
i half expec tyou to pull something like the bolded and i still don't particularly believe that claim

==
In post 1588, Music and Mail wrote:If Skitter is town she's pissed at me and it's clouding her judgement.

I'll try to figure that situation out tomorrow.
this is a possibility; i'll give you that

idk how to get out of it tho if i am indeed that tunneled

i don't think i am tho

==
???

still kinda think gamma is town tbh
In post 1629, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m saying he looks outraged at being forced to claim and acts like he’s so important when as Open listmod he should know he’s really not.
i think he claimed earlier than he needed to but he's going to be v/la fo rthe weekend and wanted to get teh claim out in case the lynch swung to him and he wasn't around; i thought that was low-key townie of him

i thought the outrage was coming from a place more like 'wow you guys are all idiots for scumreading me here', not at that he actually had to claim
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by teacher »

VC in 1 hr. Sorry - I’m leading upper school trivia night.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You know what skitter that’s a really good point
Still think the points on you are solid tho
<Embrace The Void>

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by teacher »

VOTE COUNT 1.15 and Updates

Deadline:
Sunset
9:00pm NYC on Thursday, October 4
, or
(expired on 2018-10-04 21:00:00)

With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.

Player Vote TotalVote Identity
Almost500
PenguinPower4Not_Mafia ; Creature ; Spooghetioso ; Nicholas Cage
Music and Mail1skitter30
Creature0
Gamma Emerald0
BuJaber0
Not_Mafia0
CreativeMod10
implosion0
Nicholas Cage5PenguinPower ; Music and Mail ; implosion ; Almost50 ; BuJaber
Spooghetioso0
Skitter301Gamma Emerald
Carcalilly0

NOT VOTING:
Carcalilly ; CreativeMod1

Spoiler: Votes since last votecount not reflected above
none.

Mod Notes
  • Skitter30 v/la Fridays and Saturdays generally
  • BuJaber v/la through Sunday
  • PenguinPower v/la through Monday
Last edited by teacher on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@CM1
I’d like it if you put down a vote somewhere as you haven’t done so at all yet.
<Embrace The Void>

Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Carcalilly »

gamma who should I vote
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

sure?
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

My gut is screaming at me that my townpool is wrong so consider it null and void for now.
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

Ffs
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

Let's do the gamma please!
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

I think that it might be something hilarious like

Gamma/Implo/Penguinpower
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

So I'm gonna start over on my townreads

Full disclosure: my ubertell on Implosion is a thing that scumfirms him, I don't actually have a super good way to read him otherwise. He gradually becomes more town in its absence but he's not locktown and I'd be intellectually dishonest to say that he is. Something i've learned over time is that often my initial readslist has something right that I end up missing
like, I don't think that I'm wrong on both skitter and implosion, if that makes sense? I don't think I'm right on either though. I think it's 1t1s most of hte time.

RC is still town.
Creativemod1 is still town
Spooghettioso I believe is town now, and can go in townpool.
Almost50 is town.
Bujbaer is town.
Creature is town.

Not_Mafia is ?, leaning town
Carcasilly is ?, leaning town

Implo I'll also just leave as ???, I'm sure she'll be solved tomorrow
Skitter I'll just leave as ???, I'm sure she'll be solved tomorrow

Nic Cage is ?, leaning scum
Penguinpower is ?, leaning scum

Gamma is Vscum
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

Like intellectually I should lynch Penguinpower here but I really don't want to. :(
So I think Gamma is the next best option
Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

Ok Spooghettioso doesn't belong in upper tier.
Put him in ? leaning town and those are the reads I'm going to take to the bank, the 5 town are not wrong.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1638, Music and Mail wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

sure?
Sure what.
<Embrace The Void>

Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

Skitter isn't getting lynched Gamma, and you're calling out Penguin but not voting there.
I think that's interesting. I think it's very likely that you're scum with one of the two in the 1v1 and keeping your vote out of it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also
VOTE: PenguinPower
If this flips scum, CM investigates who ever he likes, because we’re autolynching RC Day 2 in that case.
<Embrace The Void>

Music and Mail
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Music and Mail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Music and Mail »

In post 1648, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also
VOTE: PenguinPower
If this flips scum, CM investigates who ever he likes, because we’re autolynching RC Day 2 in that case.
??????????????????
????????????????????
???????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

did you just get scared when I called out the scumteam?

Return to “Completed Open Games”