newbie 1891: people with cool hair (game over!!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 249, nonny wrote:Huh prior to the VC I thought my wagon had more participants. Def need to re-evaluate.

Qubu: what are you talking about?? My only voiced reads on you was a town read and on hunt was a scumlean. Are you thinking of someone else? Stating your scumread is gut based on things I’m not actually doing is suspect, please post where your misunderstanding came from, link to posts or include quotes to get rid of vagueness.
The VC can be misleading. Alonzo has voted for you and Qubu has expressed willingness to vote for you.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Why does my last post look weird? Did I mistakenly hit a text-size change button on my phone?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Now it doesn’t look weird. Odd
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Alonzo »

Rc why havn't you had a meltdown yet? ;)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:25 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i'm actually having something of a meltdown irl which makes me less predisposed to caring enough to have meltdowns in mafia games
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Alonzo »

you deal with that.

I'l keep an eye on the ninja
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by schadd_ »

replacing lord cantius
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by nonny »

Starting my re-read now. Will post when I have it completed. (hopefully won't be too long).
*insert bad joke here*
Qubu
Qubu
Townie
Qubu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by Qubu »

In post 68, nonny wrote:This progression looks really weird. RC corrects object on her TR but every previous mention of the slot other than the sudden vote mention a TR.
Spoiler: quotes hidden to save space
In post 39, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think relentless hunt and notasexualobject are town.

I have 1 scumread that I'll keep to myself for now.
In post 60, RadiantCowbells wrote:Are you not concerned that I went from townreading you to voting you?
In post 64, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm townreading both Relentless and Qubu, for the record.

Not townreading you.

In post 43, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'll just go ahead and put my
serious
vote down.

VOTE: Nonny

because I dislike her avatar.
What's wrong with my avatar? :cry:
In post 51, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh what the fuck Nonny has a 2004 join date
Yep.
Spoiler: NAI probably
But took a hiatus from 2009 till about this summer. Somewhat relearning everything, not very confidant in my gameplay yet.

In post 50, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 32, Relentless Hunt wrote:Right after I vote notasexualobject I get voted on by another person with a flimsy reason? I mean I have a shitty reason to vote for sexualobject (xd) as well,however,I did not vote for her AFTER someone voted to lynch me like Qubu.

I think sexualobject and Qubu are two Mafia.
The paranoia about the scum ganging up on him felt extremely real and I don't think scum him would have thought to fake that line of reasoning.
I just don't see town hard claiming a scum team off the bat. Felt more faked to me and had bad gut reaction.

Like Qubu's

VOTE: Relentless Hunt Please explain your scumreads more or clarify what you meant prior.

@ Nonny - Implied, you haven't changed it so there isn't a reason to change my approach of that implying a towny read.
Qubu
Qubu
Townie
Qubu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Qubu »

Posting again Nonny, so please let me finish my quick draft before you post.
Qubu
Qubu
Townie
Qubu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Qubu »

In post 246, Chara wrote:is voting Hunt. i don't really get how you came to this conclusion, or the one that nonny is saying it's scummy for you to not have posted as
To be clear, *I* never said nonny said it's scummy for me to not have posted. I felt let there was a potential to set up that argument if I was an infrequent poster with her base reasoning on ansty vs slow play early on. Don't paint that as a statement I made. I said I was concerned that she was setting up an argument now to use later if needed.

My confusion and uncertainty with Nonny was that her statement - antsy looks town so (*corrected in edit, when I wrote this I typed Hunt)object looks town, but Town PR's and scum lay low - is what bothers me. She's basically saying that anyone under the radar is scum or PR, so hey ya'll under the radar people that aren't scum? Get posting! It's either role fishing or, for newer players, steering night kills towards - from her statement - people with a higher propensity to be Town PR's. Either way, if I view it as anti-town at best. Neutral at worst. I don't like the information she's basing reads off, because it doesn't particularly jive with her reads that fall on both sides of the isle. That’s they confusion point for me that I was trying to pin down how I felt about it without being terribly blatant in my questioning - apparently doing so poorly.

On review, I keep saying Hunt because I thought Nonny was talking about Hunt – but the relevant comment was about Object.

So I’m dumb.

Point still stands, just… sub out Hunt with Object. At the point this all started I couldn’t reconcile in my head the difference in the reads Nonny had on Hunt and me. That’s still true to some degree, but much less so than before.

Apparently I need to reassess the game somewhat, this is what I get for trying to catch up while recovering from the Stomach Flu.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by nonny »

Wall post incoming most likely. Tried to break up per person. Lots to cover. Not sure it cleared up a ton for me though.
In post 39, RadiantCowbells wrote: I have 1 scumread that I'll keep to myself for now.
I'm assuming this was me, but you know what they say about assuming...it's bad. So who was this regarding RC?
In post 74, RadiantCowbells wrote:I mean I suppose that it is aggressive given that I am heavily scumreading him as of right now and don't like his lack of paranoia about me.
I also think that you're the most likely person who has posted to be his buddy, given that your scumreads are the two people who called him out and you gave a very strange read on him.
Still feel this way RC?
In post 76, RadiantCowbells wrote:I also think that town!you is quite unlikely to specifically say that someone's unlikely to be a VT. Maybe I'll just have to vote you for it :P
You never answered me asking why? Why on page 4 is a read that someone isn't playing VT not likely to come from town? How does saying that read benefit scum? (I was leaning more scum than PR in terms of that read too)
In post 150, RadiantCowbells wrote:moreso that you're just doing everything that i would expect scum!you to do if you were scum with nonny while simultaneously having a ridiculous townread on her
I still don't get this. What benefit is there from Chara hard rallying against my wagon while TR me as well? That doesn't seem like good scum play. Seems like textbook see through play honestly. Never played with Chara but doubt she's going to textbook play scum in a newbie game as IC.
I personally more read it as trying to investigate and RVS wagon that hasn't died and has no depth. Don't even see the accusations of buddying and buddying from scum puts me off typically.
Oh Chara says this in lol

from Qubu still reads town as much as a single post can.
In post 188, Qubu wrote:
snip
nonny wrote:Object looks eager to play, which makes me think
not VT
but also doesn't seemed concerned with how the game progresses as long as it progresses, which is a slight scumread to me.
This is a strange read. Do you think that if Object had rolled VT that they'd be less energetic?
I’d tend to think scum are more excited to play,
rather than a VT
. This theory by Nonny seems a bit bonkers. There’s also something in it that I can’t put my finger on. I FEEL like I’m missing a link between his implied town read on me and posting frequency/tone stuff that doesn’t …. Mix.
How are we not saying the exact same thing? Why is my saying it bonkers and you saying it isn't?
In post 240, Qubu wrote:
In post 192, nonny wrote:Keep in mind it’s a newbie game though. Newbies I think are more excited when they have a “real” role.

Qubu: not sure I get what you’re saying, you saying you think scum would be mor excited than VT to play but saying you disagree with me doesn’t mesh. I said I don’t think a VT would be that excited, not VT includes PR or scum.
I get the impression that you are trying to paint me as scummy for not being super active as a poster, but are trying to do so without using a direct attack – more a subtle insinuation that you don’t have to defend but just plant. It bothers me. I can’t explain it more than that. It’s a semantics issue my brain is really tickled by throughout all your posts but nothing I can pin down directly.

I don’t like the imply meta that antsy people must be town gets hunt a town read from you. The guy posted twice. This is similar to my issue with Chara. If you apply your under the radar bit to hunt, oh boy has he been under the radar since then.
I've never stated a TR on Hunt.
I havn't said anything about your activity. Quote me if you see that I have, but I just reread and have no mentioned it.
I didn't say antsy people are town. I said energetic posters are generally not VT in a newbie game as newbies.
Again, do not misrepresent what I say to support your "gut" that my "tone" is off. Use quotes or pull posts. I am now SR you for this continued misrepresentation in effort to join what's been seen as
the
wagon.
In post 240, Qubu wrote:You are hard rolefishing in my eyes, and your defense of hunt in #200 is pretty ludicrous to me.
How? How is a discussion about favorite roles, role fishing? Chara wasn't the only one discussing roles.
Qubu: I wasn't referring to my townread, I know where I stated that. I was talking about you saying I'm implying you are scummy as stated in the quote above.
Qubu: kind of answered about but you are misreading me. I said that you don't see VT that energetic to get the game going in newbie games. This only applies early game more often then not and was a observation on object's play at that stage, given nearly no one was posting at it was pulling teeth it looked like that I said. It was not a townread, if it was I would have just said I TR him.

from Object is very level headed and thought out. Though slightly odd for a newbie. How newbie are you object? (not sure if addressed already) nvm, addressed in
Weird this is all that stands out from Object....he's not inactive, just not standing out.
In post 87, Cobblerfone wrote:So far I'm agreeing with RC's reads. Though I'm also somewhat suspicious of the quieter players.
Which reads? Just the read itself or a case associated with the read?
In post 96, Cobblerfone wrote:After rereading Naso's post in iso, my townread of him has gotten stronger. So, wanna jump on the Nonny wagon and get the game rollin'?.
How has your town read gotten stronger when 2 posts ago it didn't exist? If you agree with RC's read then you'd have been SR Naso prior to this.
In post 140, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 136, Alonzo wrote:@RC
It was just me in here a week ago...and my plan to practice getting some 'associative tells' in this one without revealing that I'd fingered my first scum seems to have gone out the window....
I don't even fully understand what this is saying.

Spoiler:
But I'm getting town-vibes from it.
Expand on these "town vibes" please?
Cobbler parrots RC again in see more as maybe cobbler buddying RC. Cobbler are you scared to have RC turn on you?
Cobbler you mention that "maybe RC coached hunt" but RC wasn't in the game yet so therefore that can't be partners. Did you consider RC replaced in and saw the reaction from her partner Hunt and then turned it into a townread?
Cobbler, I'm well aware about Qubu and Alonzo, wagon just felt like it had more steam already.

from Alonzo stands out as out of character from previous games with him. Know a later post() covered some of these with the "I was drunk last night" catch all, but alonzo making statements like that is out side his normal bag of offhand comments.
Alonzo, has my tone changed since you "prewarned" me? How is my tone different here than from our other 2 games together?
In post 203, Alonzo wrote:Yeah, Im gonna back to my original plan of trying to get nonny lynched whilst not actively looking like I'm trying to get nonny lynched.
How about a "why" statement?

Chara: I disagree, I don't see you as buddying. The main active wagon is on me, so questioning it to find a root, since barely anything is supported, seems natural. Hunt was not active enough for the wagon to be explored really.

Scum reading Alonzo and Cobbler with scumlean on qubu that maybe cleared on continued conversation.( Not confidant in this with is it 1 or 2 players still missing? ) RC will be hard for me to read and I'm leaving at a blank until day 2 most likely don't want to read him to early and tunnel.

VOTE: Alonzo Your play is still off and more reminiscent of recent scum game.
Tired of waiting for us to have our full deck of cards but also don't think we should move into night with out all slots present and posting.
*insert bad joke here*
Relentless Hunt
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:53 pm

Post by Relentless Hunt »

In post 34, notasexualobject wrote:
In post 33, Relentless Hunt wrote:
In post 21, notasexualobject wrote:
In post 17, Relentless Hunt wrote:You fluffin' brah?

Meh, not fluffing. Just curious :> I want to feel like I'm participating in this game like a good person, and contributing in some way.

Judging from that comment you must've not had a good day. Sorry to hear. Hope it gets better ^^
Oh? Going with full on political correctness,are we? My day was perfectily fine but good job with the circumstantial ad hominem though.You nailed the fallacy.

You got an actual non-fluff reply to my vote or is fluff all you have?
Yeah, fluff is pretty much all I have. Also,
In post 32, Relentless Hunt wrote:Right after I vote notasexualobject I get voted on by another person with a flimsy reason? I mean I have a shitty reason to vote for sexualobject (xd) as well,however,I did not vote for her AFTER someone voted to lynch me like Qubu.

I really don't get this post. Qubu's vote (as is mine) was entirely RVS. Why the hell would my scumbuddy be trying to protect me during RVS? In fact, that'd make me look even scummier when, as scum, our goal would be to distance ourselves from each other so we don't get lynched together.

Your logic, afaik, is based on a joke that I made on you questioning why I was asking everyone was having a good day, and Qubu's joke about you sexualizing me. Now, I know it's in the early stage of the game and we don't have much to go off of, but the fact that you'd make such a bold statement seems like you're trying to appear more town then you are.
Yeah,well,facts are this is a noob game and you could be protecting each other and then say "Why would we do that,that's so dumb".This is basically hiding in plain sight being veiled by a response such as "we won't be this dumb".Yeah that's not a good argument at all.

And I'm pretending to me more town than I am? you are either a town or you are not.This is not a spectrum lol.

This suage of ambigious language only makes you stay as suspect as you were before this reply of yours.

Let's see if there's more fresh meat to chew on.10+ pages oof.
Relentless Hunt
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:58 pm

In post 55, Qubu wrote:
In post 23, notasexualobject wrote:
In post 22, Qubu wrote:
ps. I need an avatar.
My dude, I don't know if you're familiar with the game Hollow Knight, but it's got some kickass art. I'll pm you a correctly sized picture that you can use for your avatar if you'd like :>

Also, yeah, don't objectify me my dude.
Thanks for the offer, but I got it covered. I trimmed down the draft art of my tattoo for an avatar.
In post 28, nonny wrote:My bad, schadd, I always skip over those note >.>

Hey Pine, gonna call you out because you promised a post, where ya at?

Everyone else: what’s your expiernce playing mafia (I.e is this game one on site, have you played somewhere else?)
I've played meatworld a few times, and online in forums as well. I'd say I'm mild-moderate experience. The more vanilla setups like the newbie Setups are what I'm familiar with. (I actually have a set of the mafiascum cards that was a gift that I use when I play with friends and we edit down the roles a bit.)

Explain this deeper please. You are upset that I voted you for a pretty terrible reason as an entry post after you did so? I don't understand at all what you mean by "I did not vote for her AFTER someone voted to lynch me like Qubu."

I read this as "Qubu piled on and voted for me after someone else did".... but I'm the only vote. There's something tingly in the language you are using to make an accusation here.

In post 45, notasexualobject wrote:I can't help but feel you're distancing yourself from this game intentionally. I don't like that. If you're not interested, why did you signup to replace?

Uh... okay. Interesting. I felt this was an obvious joke.

Not connected - @Radiant I'm curious why you are asking object to sheep you when the vote was already on nonny. That's a weird thing to overlook in my eyes. Is this just a matter of not looking at the vote count?

I'm not questioning your vote. I'm fairly sure I understand it without clarification, but the oversight that object was already on Nonny is something that piqued my interest (apparently more than it did objects).
Yeah, you did pile on me but that's not just riding any bandwagon rather a mafia bandwagon.And what I meant was, I didn't ride the wagon like you did and voted for object.It's mostly irrelavent and fluff piece but yeah.

The question is though, were you riding town bandwagon or scum bandwagon?
Relentless Hunt
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:00 am

In post 50, RadiantCowbells wrote:

The paranoia about the scum ganging up on him felt extremely real and I don't think scum him would have thought to fake that line of reasoning.
Oh boy, while this could be used as an argument against me, you have no idea how much I can fake shit.I'm a pretty good liar, thanks to helicopter butlers.
Relentless Hunt
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:06 am

Oh wow damn.I missed the prod and was replaced.RIP sorry everyone :c
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:28 am

Post by Chara »

you can check with the moderator, i don't believe you have a replacement yet.
in class, will read those walls fully later.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:37 am

Post by Chara »

In post 255, Alonzo wrote:you deal with that.

I'l keep an eye on the ninja
were you planning to answer my question or leave that for a couple of pages too? :>
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:15 am

Post by Chara »

In post 261, nonny wrote:I still don't get this. What benefit is there from Chara hard rallying against my wagon while TR me as well? That doesn't seem like good scum play. Seems like textbook see through play honestly. Never played with Chara but doubt she's going to textbook play scum in a newbie game as IC.
are you saying this while referring to RC's idea that we're scum buddies, or to me as scum buddying you?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:21 am

Post by Chara »

In post 263, Relentless Hunt wrote:Yeah, you did pile on me but that's not just riding any bandwagon rather a mafia bandwagon.And what I meant was, I didn't ride the wagon like you did and voted for object.It's mostly irrelavent and fluff piece but yeah.
what's the wagon you didn't ride? at the time i don't remember there being any wagons besides the one on yourself.
i know you voted object, is it better that you voted someone who didn't already have votes? not sure i understand what you're saying so would appreciate some clarification.
Relentless Hunt
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Relentless Hunt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:46 am

In post 269, Chara wrote:
In post 263, Relentless Hunt wrote:Yeah, you did pile on me but that's not just riding any bandwagon rather a mafia bandwagon.And what I meant was, I didn't ride the wagon like you did and voted for object.It's mostly irrelavent and fluff piece but yeah.
what's the wagon you didn't ride? at the time i don't remember there being any wagons besides the one on yourself.
i know you voted object, is it better that you voted someone who didn't already have votes? not sure i understand what you're saying so would appreciate some clarification.
There was no wagon.I was drawing attention to me being a town.I was the first person who got voted on AFTER I voted on someone i.e voted on by Qubu after I voted on Object. Given that the game was still in it's early stage, I just made a call that Object and Qubu were BOTH Mafia after I was voted on. It was a paranoia laced call like RC said. I voted on Object in the first place because they posted nothing but pretend good fluff and also because she was not voted on yet by anyone at the time.

Yeah it is better to vote on someone who was not voted yet.Better encourage everyone to express where they lie and promote discussion, right? But yeah, ironic cause I was gone for days lol.

As for two mafia piling upon me right off the bat and that being stupid, I would argue that they are just using it as an excuse and trying to hide in plain sight as I said in one of my previous post.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:44 am

Post by schadd_ »

relentless hunt is no longer being replaced
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Alonzo »

@Chara- I wasn't keen on Qub reasons for being absent inthe moment, and not sure what to think of him not acknowledging my vote.

@Nonny- You make a sweeping statement like that I think you should back it up with ...proof? I voted you off what Isaw here in this game, last game didn't even factor into my thinking.... but now you mention it, you aren't playing town like you did in our last game either...
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:27 am

Post by nonny »

In post 268, Chara wrote:
In post 261, nonny wrote:I still don't get this. What benefit is there from Chara hard rallying against my wagon while TR me as well? That doesn't seem like good scum play. Seems like textbook see through play honestly. Never played with Chara but doubt she's going to textbook play scum in a newbie game as IC.
are you saying this while referring to RC's idea that we're scum buddies, or to me as scum buddying you?
Was response to quote above it in my post. RCs post 150
*insert bad joke here*
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:31 am