Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2307, mastina wrote:
In post 2145, Nero Cain wrote:I think lurk Mastina is scum Mastina.
I have more towngames lurking than I do towngames active; I have more scumgames active than I do scumgames lurking. That doesn't make lurking a towntell, by any means, but it has a damn good reason behind it. I pride myself in good scumplay, and lurking isn't good scumplay. The proof is in my wiki; games which would otherwise be marked as 5-star scumgames, I dock myself on points for, because, "Unfortunately, I wasn't active".

Lurking is easy. Lurking is not in any way proof of skill. Lurking is not something I would intentionally do. But like I said, lurking's also not a towntell. The reason why, is because there are plenty of lurking scumgames in spite of my desire to not lurk, and plenty of active towngames in spite of my tendency to get in lulls. That's because lurking isn't an alignment-tell, but a mindset-tell. When I am lurking, it is because I am not in a good mindset.

I have been sick for over a fucking month. Still am. I'm feeling
better
today, but I am still undeniably sick, as shown by my cough. YOU try being sick for a whole month and see how it affects your will to post in games. I will contribute when I can, as much as I can. The amount I contribute will meet the minimum standard for what's acceptable, albeit done mostly in intermittent bursts where there's a large period of inactivity followed by a short period of hyper-activity. That's as much as I can promise, because that's the extent of my capabilities right now.

If I could do more than that, then you'd see me actually doing more than that, but you may note that this is my only game right now. (In fact, I was even planning on using an alt in the near-future, but have put that off because I'm in no shape to use it.)
In post 2165, Lady Angel wrote:Also, where on earth did Mastina go?
The same place I have been going: away from mafiascum, to rest and recover. This is a sitewide thing, as you'll note that most of my visits to the site have coincided with posts here, and there's a distinct lack of visits to the site where I was posting elsewhere yet not here. I make it a point to try and keep you informed.

I usually am phoneposting nowadays, but when I am phoneposting I can't multiquote. Since I need to multiquote in order to properly provide content for this game, that means I usually can only do so at work, so most of my posts are "hey I'm at work, can't post now but here's where I can post". (And then, on the phone, I do things I CAN do on the phone--which saves me time. If I do the things I can do on the phone, then I don't have to waste my time doing those things on the desktop, and can instead do the things I can only do on my desktop. Makes sense, yes?)
In post 2173, Nero Cain wrote:y not replace out so u can like rest and not play?
Because replacing out is against my beliefs. In all of my time as a player, since returning from my first hiatus, I have asked to be replaced a grand total of once, maybe twice, and for reasons unrelated to activity--due to a level of toxicity so extreme I simply couldn't stand it and outright told the mod that I was leaving the game.

Which says something, since my definition of toxicity is much different than most peoples' and I tolerate a ton I frankly shouldn't. But aside from those instances, I've never asked to be replaced. I have, on rare occasions, failed to meet activity standards and been force-replaced for "flaking", once or twice. I have, on a few occasions, been compromised by having information I wasn't meant to have and thus necessitated a force-replace.

But I've never asked for a replacement, and I never will. I swore an oath to that effect, that I would never again be replaced. It's stubbornness, it's prideful, buthey, pride's my greatest sin, so I'll own up to it. I'll never willingly replace out, not for something silly as health.

Of course. I also know that just prod-dodging through the game is a terrible thing to do; I've done that before and directly ruined a game as a result (if not more than one), and while I never swore an OFFICIAL oath to that effect (because I knew it was a promise I might not be able to keep, especially given it could contradict the existing oath), I made an unofficial one where I said that I'd never just eternally prod-dodge, and would provide content regardless of how bad things got.

So why would I need replacement if I am giving sufficient levels of content? If you think I am not, like I said. Call me out on it, and engage me. I work really, really well with direct, one-on-one engagements, where I can hash things out and explain things. But if I am giving sufficient levels of content, then there's no problem to be had.
In post 2177, Ginngie wrote:I'm probably gonna replace out
I literally just have no breathing room with studying
Please don't. <3

You can do the same thing I do--in fact, you can do it even better than I can; I actually take some cues from
you
with my posting habits these days. (The student has, quite literally, become the master, in that field!) Just give what you can, when you can, and if it's not good enough, well, someone will find a way to fix it.
In post 2200, northsidegal wrote:First question: is mastina town?
Next questions: I have {GE, Sky, Porkens, Ginngie, Nero Cain, jjh, randomidget} as town.
I am obviously biased in knowing the answer to the first question, but I can still help you find the answer to it all the same, objectively, via providing input on the second:
Literally every name you mentioned as town, is in my townbloc. (So's your slot, by the way.)
From that, you can judge as you'd like.
In post 2105, Chickadee wrote:Nero is poking too many things with a stick.
While that is a good way to ensure that none of those things get the amount of poking they deserve, the strategy has merit and is nothing out of the normal.
In post 2187, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2185, Firebringer wrote:god damn it, i am town. i demand a re roll.
This is what scum would post
Yes indeed, and if I move my vote from Chickadee it'll be onto Firebringer.
Im gonna keep asking this untill someone gives a satisfying answer.

WHY are RM, Sky and porkens town?

people keep throwing them reads out there. I could see rm and sky, still wanna see reasoning. porkens is scum
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2308, Chickadee wrote:
In post 2299, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 2298, Chickadee wrote:Why on earth are people saying Vecna scum? Vecna is obvtown.
How

You seemed to think he was town during the fake post restriction
I did. I thought he was town yesterday. I was the first to bring it up actually, and it was my post bringing it up that prompted all the Vecna talk yesterday.

I don't think the post restriction was fake. I believe what Vecna claimed beginning D2. I don't care to push him on it. It's outlandish enough that I would put it in the "you cant make this shit up" category. And I like the way he came forward about knowing someone visited him in the night, and can confirm his flavor. I mean the flavor was obvious, but I like how all of it unfolded regardless. I also really like his contributions now that he's been able to talk.

So talk to me a bit about your view of Vecna.
remember that game where you were one of three survivors? you oughta know fakeclaiming elaborate roles is my specialty as scum wheb i care about a game.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:54 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2319, Firebringer wrote:wheme is the one i am giving a gun to btw.
yeah very smart since his pool of scumreads contains three of your townreads :good:

giving guns to people that admit not even having read most of the game.....what a time to be alive
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2287, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2273, Vecna wrote:even nero has no real reason to tr these slots
?????
In post 2271, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2269, Nero Cain wrote:Don't be coasting on a decent opening, NSG.
at first i was kind of annoyed seeing this post but thinking about it further i actually really appreciate someone prodding me to play more like this - i think it'll end up with me putting more effort in, playing better and just overall being more satisfied with myself.

so, thanks :]
At first, I was :igmeou: rereading this and I'm still a little :igmeou:

I just thought it was odd that our conversation ends abruptly at . I figured that you might be still reading though...
In post 2278, Vecna wrote:
In post 2260, jjh927 wrote:Just in case you missed it, Firebringer, Titus was absolutely in no way the cause of the porkens wagon yesterday
exactly. and thus titus is not scum.
Titus is town b/c she lied about her contributions to the game? :igmeou:
In post 2286, Vecna wrote:
In post 2255, Titus wrote:@Nero, I have been the reason for Porkens wagon being a thing. Hardly going with the flow to corral others.

As for your "lurking" comment, technically true due to real life and hating d1. I need content from others to analyze. If that's the basis for your scumread more so than going with the flow; I'll have to accept it for now.

Yet, why do you think I would pull out more awesome things while consistently dealing with lurkers and effectively a d1 redo?
It is d2 now though, so time to step it up.
After talking up town Titus what made you come back two hours later and tell her to post more? Also you think she's town so why do you care if she contributes?
still needed to some of these.

1: so you did give reasons for townreading randomidget and skygazer? I dont remember it, but maybe im wrong and youre the only one. it doesn't bother you at least five people copied those reads while those slots shoukd be very much unreadable to the large large majority?

2: I think titus is town for general playstyle and type of reasoning. her being completely clueless about stuff going on but still trying to take credit for something is definately not scummy for her id say.

3: I was reading back over some of those pages, and i do want her to contribute. Im fairly sure she is town, but having more content to judge it on should be better right? Besides, since im like the only one towwneading her, why wouldn't I want her to do stuff so people can stop whining about the lurking thing.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:23 am

Post by Chickadee »

sorry guys, I'm working a 9 hour shift today and am gonna feel pretty dead when I get home. I'll try to be around a bit tonight

@Vecna - I know, but you've seemed very genuine, and I've liked your posting aside from the claim. There's no world I lynch you the game without a hard guilty.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2325, Vecna wrote:WHY are RM, Sky and porkens town?
I think Pork is town b/c I believe his thing about him using slayers gambit.

The only reason I think Sky has a green pm is b/c she meta dived LA and stopped her lynch. Could she do that as scum? Sure I guess but I'm going to give her a little breathing room for the time being.
In post 2327, Vecna wrote:yeah very smart since his pool of scumreads contains three of your townreads
TBF, Fire is giving him the gun b/c he said he'd shoot Gamma. I guess if this claim is real and Wheme gets a bullet and he shoots anyone but Gamma we prob string him up?
In post 2328, Vecna wrote:I think titus is town for general playstyle and type of reasoning. her being completely clueless about stuff going on but still trying to take credit for something is definately not scummy for her id say.
but I'm p sure that fake derp is part of her scum game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Vecna »

in all my time playing here I've only heard the skaters gambit story from caigh2t scum. not like there was any use actually procured from it or usefull followup
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Vecna »

anyways I have no desire to fight about these things. gunshots on gamma are pretty bad while were scumreading a bunch of people and not actually lynching or confirming stuff with the mastina thing.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

skaters gambit is terrible so is slayers gambit but skaters gambit OMG! WORST. THING. EVER!

real talk though, slayers gambit is pretty popular amongst lvl 1 players and it happens quite alot. Wh8t is this game was also claiming to do slayers gambit. He was a green pm.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

We
SHOULD
be lynching. Like sure, we can use Mastinas role a few times but I don't want to go into day whatever with the only flipped slots being scum kills.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Vecna »

a vote is a vote I guess. mine is staying on porkens and im pretty ok with my reads for the time being. Not really being swayed by any of the arguments against it so far.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2334, Nero Cain wrote:We
SHOULD
be lynching. Like sure, we can use Mastinas role a few times but I don't want to go into day whatever with the only flipped slots being scum kills.
yeah i have some strong thoughts on this but imma save them for now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2330, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2325, Vecna wrote:WHY are RM, Sky and porkens town?
I think Pork is town b/c I believe his thing about him using slayers gambit.

The only reason I think Sky has a green pm is b/c she meta dived LA and stopped her lynch. Could she do that as scum? Sure I guess but I'm going to give her a little breathing room for the time being.
In post 2327, Vecna wrote:yeah very smart since his pool of scumreads contains three of your townreads
TBF, Fire is giving him the gun b/c he said he'd shoot Gamma. I guess if this claim is real and Wheme gets a bullet and he shoots anyone but Gamma we prob string him up?
In post 2328, Vecna wrote:I think titus is town for general playstyle and type of reasoning. her being completely clueless about stuff going on but still trying to take credit for something is definately not scummy for her id say.
but I'm p sure that fake derp is part of her scum game.
Oh fuck no
Are you trying to line up a shot on me here? This feels sketchy af
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

ok, if Wheme said he's going to shoot me and then doesn't shoot me. Do you string up Wheme yes or no?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2338, Nero Cain wrote:ok, if Wheme said he's going to shoot me and then doesn't shoot me. Do you string up Wheme yes or no?
Depends
Is he leashed? If yes then you lynch him. Wheme is not leashed so it doesn’t really qualify.
Good response though.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

If Fire is giving Wheme a bullet to kill you with why should he not be leashed?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Because that’s a deal between them? They both want me dead. If the MAJORITY of ALL PEOPLE want me dead, then leashing is fair. Not now though.
And like, dont you have me as town? Why are you not arguing against that idea in the first place?
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I was gonna reread your ISO and give my final take. I have alot of ppl that are just kinda null on my "town" list b/c that's just how my mind works. I think X, X and X are scum so A, B and C are town.

What I was saying though is that Wheme saying what he needs to say to get Fire to give him bullets and then shooting not who he said looks like an agenda as in scum wanting a second kill.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2342, Nero Cain wrote:I was gonna reread your ISO and give my final take. I have alot of ppl that are just kinda null on my "town" list b/c that's just how my mind works. I think X, X and X are scum so A, B and C are town.

What I was saying though is that Wheme saying what he needs to say to get Fire to give him bullets and then shooting not who he said looks like an agenda as in scum wanting a second kill.
Okay, that’s a logical point. You’re still Town to me.
<Embrace The Void>

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:44 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2334, Nero Cain wrote:We
SHOULD
I agree

The solution is to lynch scum because then Mastina's role won't work and we will as such basically have a guilty
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:37 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 2342, Nero Cain wrote:What I was saying though is that Wheme saying what he needs to say to get Fire to give him bullets and then shooting not who he said looks like an agenda as in scum wanting a second kill.
Wait do I have the gun
Im a dog that quacks
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You’d have to ask fire
<Embrace The Void>

WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:39 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I fail to see how someone can townread Vecna day1

Also I thought it was obvious the fire post and my quote to fire was a joke
Im a dog that quacks
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:41 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I forgot about this game but I'm usually V/LA during the weekends anyway. I'll get caught up soon.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

DW, the mod is lurking just as hard as most of the player list.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”