Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Varsoon »

This is a personal hell of mine
Why are we letting this game be held hostage by two players?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3618, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 3466, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 3463, jjh927 wrote:
In post 3462, NicoRobin wrote:She will get proven as scum anyway if she refuses to gladiate me.
The hell kind of response to Mastina calling your guilty faked is this

Please corroborate if you did indeed lie and then you get to explain why
Yes, I lied.

It was for reaction test which both you and Jingle failed. You kept parroting how she was town and never considered the possibility that she could be scum, not even once. Any rational town would at least consider that possibility too.
Forgive me, but I happen to think this is bullshit.

Why would you, in any scenario, lie about your role for most of day 2 just to claim something under 24 hours to night in a spectacularly poor way, to fake a guilty and then act like you were going to get lynched before you outed the fact that it was faked? You freaked out with maybe one person voting you at absolute maximum after you declared a guilty, even crying about how you were the one that was going to get lynched today despite the fact that Mastina had something like five votes on her and would've been turboed by you with one or two more. And then after Mastina damns your claim, you try to pass it off as this before trying to pick up the same thread you had yesterday on
the next page?

Yes, you could get proof that she is scum, but 1) Mastina can always refuse seemingly and therefore you don't have any way to actually get that information and 2) you lost almost all your credibility after faking a guilty in the worst way possible.

I can't tell if this scum or just really poor play, but either way it's stupid, and that's not even before factoring in the fact that your plan seems to involve the entire scumteam would try to lynch a cop whose results will realistically fail basically every night when they could just nightkill them instead?

VOTE: NicoRobin

I can't decide if this is the worst fake guilty ever or legitimate scum but the fact that you flew off the handle during the period when you declared the guilty and said it was faked makes me lean scum.
Congratulations, you just summed up like 30 posts by jj in a concise, clear, and easy to read manner, invalidating almost 5 pages of back and forth.

Allow me to retort. I think most of it's probably NAI because my limited experience with NR tells me that she is prone to overreacting when she decides town is dismissing her, and a lot of the back and forth reads the same as a town game of hers that I linked a few pages back. Furthermore, with the possibility of a hard reset and additional content being imminently forthcoming, I'd appreciate not alienating the person who may just be town feeling persecuted and reacting as such and give NR the room to back off and give us more content to analyze from her.

I'm not saying NR can't be scum. I'm saying let's table that whole conversation for two IRL days so that she can get an actual result on mastina and go from there.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3622, Chickadee wrote:I have 14 some odd pages to catch up on. What's the vote count on Mastina?
L-3 at worst, but the guilty has been retracted so you shouldn't be voting there before NR gets an actual result anyway.

She might be mechanically cleared.
This is a Parachute.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 3625, Varsoon wrote:This is a personal hell of mine
Why are we letting this game be held hostage by two players?
It's really just NR tbh, and it's not a thing any more because the guilty isn't there

I think we should be discussing what happens if she corroborates Mastina's roleclaim
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3521, Vecna wrote:
In post 3453, mastina wrote:So Nico is lying, and Porkens can back me up here.

I was told, "Nico is demanding your role; you have 48 hours to comply, or she becomes a triple voter for you."

She CAN'T have a result yet. I've allowed it, so she will get one, but she doesn't have one RIGHT NOW.

I'm not voting her though, because I am 100% positive she's just town fakeclaiming. This is PRECISELY the kind of stunt she'd pull.

Also, pizza is delicious.
bullshit as well.

porkens, nico, mastina scum?
I think we should be discussing how laughable it is that anyone is townreading this.
This is a Parachute.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Chickadee »

wtf even is this game anymore.

Thanks for the recap though.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 3425, jjh927 wrote:
In post 3403, Jingle wrote:Nico to my question you prematurely answered for her.
Mastina in general.
And the percentage of claimed/semi claimed players.

All of these are important.
Dunno what the question was but it sounds like it was probably answered

Waiting for Mastina in general is cool but shouldn't cause you any issues wrt strategy optimisation

1)
Spoiler: The MEME Men
In post 2066, Rylai and Lina wrote:I'm a double voter town with one shot investigation ability of some sort who will win gladiates if a gladiator targets us. I just had a crisis in life and had to flake and whenever I was online on ms this thread was locked.

I will need till night to catch up and read stuff about this game and to try to communicate with my hydra partner. If I can't get that to work I will replace out

~Sora

2) Northsidegal
3)
Spoiler: Firebringer
In post 2192, Firebringer wrote:wait my role gives guns not allows me to shoot...

u troll rc.

I will give a gun to whoever promises to shoot gamma if he isn't lynched.

4)
Spoiler: Nicorobin
In post 3291, NicoRobin wrote:p-edit: Rolecop and triplevoter.

5)
Spoiler: Mastina
In post 48, mastina wrote:I was expecting a troll role when I submitted my picks, and hoh boy did RC not disappoint.
I am Ginngie, Hated Loyal Gladiator
Outside of lylo/mylo (which is purely by the numbers, per the role wording), I take one less vote to lynch.
I can gladiate anyone by claiming a guilty on them, but if they're not town-aligned, it'll fail.

I can maybe, MAYBE use this as a conditional cop, IF we can no-lynch after a gladiate (I need to ask RC about this), but if not, yeahhhhh...

6) Gamma Emerald
7)
Spoiler: Chickadee
In post 2673, Chickadee wrote:I'm a video vendor. I can vend any time.

8) Skygazer
9)
Spoiler: Varsoon
In post 2850, Varsoon wrote:Jury's still out on how my role would interact with other vote-related powers but yeah
Everyone gets to cast a vote via PM and it's not revealed who voted who.

10)
Spoiler: KuroiXHF
In post 1755, KuroiXHF wrote:I'll die, but I'll come back. And I won't flip.
In post 1839, KuroiXHF wrote:BTW, I can post at night. I am alive, but not the same as everyone else.

11) Invisibility
12) Porkens
13) Whemestar
14)
Spoiler: Vecna
In post 1929, Vecna wrote:Alright here goes. Im sort of waiting for someone to pop their head in, but explaining stuff wont hurt (or maybe it will, but itll all be alright). Also on mobile and not at home so this may go in pieces.

JJH was on the right track, but he was asking completely the wrong questions.

My post restriction day1 was optional. The original restriction was that I could only state I am cornholio and that i need tp for my bunghole. I was cheeky and asked RC if I could also use the other cornholio quotes to make it less bland. he hesitantly agreed. I could not vote day1 without ruining the restriction. The reason I did not want to continue too much with the answering questions was that I felt it was not in line with the spirit of the role design, and RC had already given me more leeway in what I could do. I felt if I continued it might result in me failing the clause and it being for nothing. Besides that, asking someone with a PR to provide rainbow reads in his formatting somehow, while hardly anyone else is asked such a thing was complete bullcrap. Thats why instead you got rainbow trolling.

The only reason jjh was on my case was because he thought my quotes had ran out. If you just wouldve asked if my pr would last past day1 as a followup, all that nonsense wouldve been prevented. Regardless, I got run up. It is what it is. I claimed IC as an easy way out to at least be able to defend myself today. I judged that if I suddenly started talking normally I definately wouldve been the lynch.

Needless to say I do not have a literal IC role. Its similair'ish but nowhere near as definitive.

My role has three parts:
-I can visit someone at night and harass them. It will be revealed to them that I am beavis, village idiot.
-If anyone visits my house at night, they will hear the music that I am listening too (can choose a song each night).
-If I survive day1 while fullfilling my posting restriction, one of those abilities gets upgraded. Im not revealing what it is, and if any town finds out, please keep it quiet - unless I ask you otherwise.

More later

15) Lady Angel
18) Jingle
19) Nero Cain
20) Creature
21)
Spoiler: jjh927
Yo I'm deathproof and I can freeze people's votes in place

22) Aristophanes

Did I miss anyone
This might be helpful too
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3630, Chickadee wrote:wtf even is this game anymore.
Insufficient town cohesion driven by apathy, egregious replacement rates, OP roles, mechanics walls and a lack of flips.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Jingle »

Removing non claim info and updating:

Jingle got targeted by a loud doc N2.

1)
Spoiler: The MEME Men
In post 2066, Rylai and Lina wrote:I'm a double voter town with one shot investigation ability of some sort who will win gladiates if a gladiator targets us. I just had a crisis in life and had to flake and whenever I was online on ms this thread was locked.

I will need till night to catch up and read stuff about this game and to try to communicate with my hydra partner. If I can't get that to work I will replace out

~Sora

2) Northsidegal
3)
Spoiler: Firebringer
In post 2192, Firebringer wrote:wait my role gives guns not allows me to shoot...

u troll rc.

I will give a gun to whoever promises to shoot gamma if he isn't lynched.

4)
Spoiler: Nicorobin
In post 3291, NicoRobin wrote:p-edit: Rolecop and triplevoter.

5)
Spoiler: Mastina
In post 48, mastina wrote:I was expecting a troll role when I submitted my picks, and hoh boy did RC not disappoint.
I am Ginngie, Hated Loyal Gladiator
Outside of lylo/mylo (which is purely by the numbers, per the role wording), I take one less vote to lynch.
I can gladiate anyone by claiming a guilty on them, but if they're not town-aligned, it'll fail.

I can maybe, MAYBE use this as a conditional cop, IF we can no-lynch after a gladiate (I need to ask RC about this), but if not, yeahhhhh...

6) Gamma Emerald
7)
Spoiler: Chickadee
In post 2673, Chickadee wrote:I'm a video vendor. I can vend any time.

8) Skygazer
9)
Spoiler: Varsoon
In post 2850, Varsoon wrote:Jury's still out on how my role would interact with other vote-related powers but yeah
Everyone gets to cast a vote via PM and it's not revealed who voted who.

10)
Spoiler: KuroiXHF
In post 1755, KuroiXHF wrote:I'll die, but I'll come back. And I won't flip.
In post 1839, KuroiXHF wrote:BTW, I can post at night. I am alive, but not the same as everyone else.

11) Invisibility
12) Porkens
13) Whemestar
14)
Spoiler: Vecna
In post 1929, Vecna wrote:Alright here goes. Im sort of waiting for someone to pop their head in, but explaining stuff wont hurt (or maybe it will, but itll all be alright). Also on mobile and not at home so this may go in pieces.

JJH was on the right track, but he was asking completely the wrong questions.

My post restriction day1 was optional. The original restriction was that I could only state I am cornholio and that i need tp for my bunghole. I was cheeky and asked RC if I could also use the other cornholio quotes to make it less bland. he hesitantly agreed. I could not vote day1 without ruining the restriction. The reason I did not want to continue too much with the answering questions was that I felt it was not in line with the spirit of the role design, and RC had already given me more leeway in what I could do. I felt if I continued it might result in me failing the clause and it being for nothing. Besides that, asking someone with a PR to provide rainbow reads in his formatting somehow, while hardly anyone else is asked such a thing was complete bullcrap. Thats why instead you got rainbow trolling.

The only reason jjh was on my case was because he thought my quotes had ran out. If you just wouldve asked if my pr would last past day1 as a followup, all that nonsense wouldve been prevented. Regardless, I got run up. It is what it is. I claimed IC as an easy way out to at least be able to defend myself today. I judged that if I suddenly started talking normally I definately wouldve been the lynch.

Needless to say I do not have a literal IC role. Its similair'ish but nowhere near as definitive.

My role has three parts:
-I can visit someone at night and harass them. It will be revealed to them that I am beavis, village idiot.
-If anyone visits my house at night, they will hear the music that I am listening too (can choose a song each night).
-If I survive day1 while fullfilling my posting restriction, one of those abilities gets upgraded. Im not revealing what it is, and if any town finds out, please keep it quiet - unless I ask you otherwise.

More later

15) Lady Angel
18) Jingle
19) Nero Cain
20) Creature
21)
Spoiler: jjh927
Yo I'm deathproof and I can freeze people's votes in place

22) Aristophanes
This is a Parachute.
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

Our investigative ability only works if our pinball machine is repaired (we have not received an indication that it has been repaired)

-rh
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 3626, Jingle wrote:
In post 3618, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 3466, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 3463, jjh927 wrote:
In post 3462, NicoRobin wrote:She will get proven as scum anyway if she refuses to gladiate me.
The hell kind of response to Mastina calling your guilty faked is this

Please corroborate if you did indeed lie and then you get to explain why
Yes, I lied.

It was for reaction test which both you and Jingle failed. You kept parroting how she was town and never considered the possibility that she could be scum, not even once. Any rational town would at least consider that possibility too.
Forgive me, but I happen to think this is bullshit.

Why would you, in any scenario, lie about your role for most of day 2 just to claim something under 24 hours to night in a spectacularly poor way, to fake a guilty and then act like you were going to get lynched before you outed the fact that it was faked? You freaked out with maybe one person voting you at absolute maximum after you declared a guilty, even crying about how you were the one that was going to get lynched today despite the fact that Mastina had something like five votes on her and would've been turboed by you with one or two more. And then after Mastina damns your claim, you try to pass it off as this before trying to pick up the same thread you had yesterday on
the next page?

Yes, you could get proof that she is scum, but 1) Mastina can always refuse seemingly and therefore you don't have any way to actually get that information and 2) you lost almost all your credibility after faking a guilty in the worst way possible.

I can't tell if this scum or just really poor play, but either way it's stupid, and that's not even before factoring in the fact that your plan seems to involve the entire scumteam would try to lynch a cop whose results will realistically fail basically every night when they could just nightkill them instead?

VOTE: NicoRobin

I can't decide if this is the worst fake guilty ever or legitimate scum but the fact that you flew off the handle during the period when you declared the guilty and said it was faked makes me lean scum.
Congratulations, you just summed up like 30 posts by jj in a concise, clear, and easy to read manner, invalidating almost 5 pages of back and forth.

Allow me to retort. I think most of it's probably NAI because my limited experience with NR tells me that she is prone to overreacting when she decides town is dismissing her, and a lot of the back and forth reads the same as a town game of hers that I linked a few pages back. Furthermore, with the possibility of a hard reset and additional content being imminently forthcoming, I'd appreciate not alienating the person who may just be town feeling persecuted and reacting as such and give NR the room to back off and give us more content to analyze from her.

I'm not saying NR can't be scum. I'm saying let's table that whole conversation for two IRL days so that she can get an actual result on mastina and go from there.
This is fair. Admittedly, the only time I've played with Nico she replaced out early day 1 after getting frustrated over being scumread for her apparent town trait (go figure, that slot flipped scum), so my reaction was pretty exclusively contained to this game, but I'll take your word for it for now. I did perhaps come on a bit too strong as well.

Should we start planning out what to do for each result Nico could come back with?
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3444, Jingle wrote:
NOBODY ELSE CLAIM SHIT

WE HAVE A GODDAMN LOUD DOCTOR

UNLESS YOU HAVE A GUILTY, HIDING THE FUCKING DOCTOR IS THE BEST USE OF ANY UNCLAIMED ROLE.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:NSG
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

@somebody voting mastina: Unvote so Nico can't turbo her if Mastina gives her a triplevote.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 3635, Lady Angel wrote:Should we start planning out what to do for each result Nico could come back with?
If NicoRobin has a guilty, me and Jingle will probably come to some kind of agreement with regards to the best mechanical way of resolving it depending on the specifics and all you have to do is follow that best mechanical way

If NicoRobin does not have a guilty, we get to discuss who we want to lynch. Personally, I would push for a NicoRobin lynch in that situation
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 3638, Lady Angel wrote:@somebody voting mastina: Unvote so Nico can't turbo her if Mastina gives her a triplevote.
Mastina has said she's not giving her the triplevote, and also if she did it would be a scumclaim anyway
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3638, Lady Angel wrote:@somebody voting mastina: Unvote so Nico can't turbo her if Mastina gives her a triplevote.
If Nico gets a triple vote mastina is lying and thus scum. With that said, unvoting the slot that might have a pending inno result is usually a good policy, yeah.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3639, jjh927 wrote:If NicoRobin has a guilty, me and Jingle will probably come to some kind of agreement with regards to the best mechanical way of resolving it depending on the specifics and all you have to do is follow that best mechanical way
If nicorobin has a guilty then you lynch Mastina period. There's not a need to discuss that :?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 3642, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3639, jjh927 wrote:If NicoRobin has a guilty, me and Jingle will probably come to some kind of agreement with regards to the best mechanical way of resolving it depending on the specifics and all you have to do is follow that best mechanical way
If nicorobin has a guilty then you lynch Mastina period. There's not a need to discuss that :?
Go back to the hole you crawled out of
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no, you keep saying fucking dumb shit.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by jjh927 »

If NicoRobin has a rolecop guilty, then depending on the specifics of it Mastina attempting a gladiate can resolve it, guaranteeing that we lynch scum regardless of whether or not the guilty is fake

Pay attention to the game
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Jingle »

We're not having this argument for another 10 pages.

Nero, you're objectively wrong. You don't turn off brain and sheep all guilty claims.

jj, stop feeding the thread clog.
This is a Parachute.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 3351, jjh927 wrote:(stop voting Mastina)
In post 3379, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 3352, jjh927 wrote:Yo NicoRobin, is Mastina faking the trigger condition for her gladiate ability
No, she was just lying about being loyal.

Then again, why even ask? You will scumread me no matter what, because that's the only way you can save mastina, and you will ignore any and all posts which don't fit into your narrative.

Get ready to burn when I flip town.

kthxbai
So that means I'm no longer clear, if we prove she's not. However, the only real way is to lynch her. The thing is we'd lose more than we'd gain if we just lynch her.
In post 3459, Vecna wrote:im still catching up. do not speedlynch mastina.
^
In post 3482, NicoRobin wrote:I was framed, but then you would know all about that, won't you, jjh?

After all, the three of you worked together to frame me?

Did mastina tell you to scumread me while she buddies me at the same time?

Because that kind of approach is kinda getting old by now.
I feel most people who say they are framed are, in fact, not framed.
In post 3597, Creature wrote:(not the gay way)
And this is where I stop for right now.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Skygazer »

yeah i dont think theres any reason for NR to take the risk of faking a guilty there as scum

like, mastina can confirm its a reaction test

the way NR was acting made me think it wasnt a legitimate guilty but the reaction test kind of explains that all nyways
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3649 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Skygazer »

hi im tired