Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3075 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Post by Tails »

Does 5 3p sound right to you? Sounds too much to me.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3076 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by Jingle »

If 3 of them are sk-light it’s possible.

I’m actually fairly certain we’re out of 3ps tho and was hoping to bait scum into claiming 3p with a lot of my posts today.
This is a Parachute.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3077 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Post by Tails »

Reavers as a faction don't make sense as winning with any other scum faction, like the Alliance. They're reavers. They kill everything. Maybe if we accept that the mod messed up the wincon statement in the OP, but otherwise, I don't see anything else really making sense here as an opposing faction. Especially since I think the mod is going for known characters, given the emphasis on restricting flavor names.

I also don't think The Operative is in the game, unless you think Alliance has a second traitor.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3078 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 749, BuJaber wrote:Players:

Toogeloo - weird posting. No clear motive. If he keeps it up might become too scummy to be scum. I'd rather he didn't.

the worst - I want to townread him but that would be too easy. It's never easy with tw.

NicoRobin - if scum have a lurker, it's Nico.

RadiantCowbells - probably scum for reasons I have stated so far.

Toranaga - probably town but I'll never be sure if he continues to post like he's tired.

TPFKAP - needs to post. Maybe scum have 2 lurkers actually. Though 2 lurkers + RC team doesn't make sense because who wouldn't want RC as his scum buddy. But if they are lurking might explain why RC doesn't seem that interested in this game.

Chickadee - I have once played with and incorrectly scumread Chick. If she doesn't live past day 1, I likely won't get a read on her.

Flicker - townreads feel like TMI, scumreading me feels like shading in a 'look how cautious I am' sort of way. But if I'm biased on any read it's this one. Because like I haven't townread anything they've posted so far and that's weird.

Thor665 - seems like he's playing a boxing match not mafia. Apparently it's not AI according to Tora.

BuJaber - is one of the gnomes that say non

CheekyTeeky - she's cheeky and she's teeky. I dunno why but gut says town.

Skygazer - townreading for reason stated in previous post

Elsa Jay - 97% sure she's neutral doctor.

Reasonably Rational - Rationally Neutral. Might be a robot.

Malakittens - Town

randomidget - I don't think they've posted

northsidegal - I thought was absent for longer than she's been absent. Null right now. Probably easier to read through other people. Supposedly there's a creature-level activity tell on her but that's an easy thing to take advantage of. Also unless they were meming I'm pretty sure someone has nominated her for being good at scum and she does have an impressive win record so I don't really buy this tell much. (In the sense that her lurking is very likely a scum tell, but her NOT lurking is not a town tell)
In post 1344, BuJaber wrote:For what it's worth I think both lurker wagons would be good for us, especially now that there's been some back and forth from the people on each wagon.

But people townreading TFPKAP already are lying to themselves.

There's nothing there. There's nothing in Nico's ISO

The difference between RR and them is in addition to what I've already said, he's engaging with people and keeping up with his word vomit. And I see it is a very excessively exhausting way to maintain fake towncred if that's what he's going for. He could fake reads and post less and choose to engage people selectively instead of doing this. He's being brazenly rediculously irrelevant and attracting attention like a magnet. Also the early wagon on him was weird and I'm fairly confident one or more of the voters were scum. I'd rather first get some scum flips before starting to consider the possibility of some sort of SvS wagon.

So RR is likely town, one or both of Nico/TFKPAP are likely scum.
In post 1489, BuJaber wrote:Lol Tor why are teasing us so much.. just speak your bloody mind already

VOTE: flicker
7 it is. Claim please and let's see if this wagon is full of hot air.

I think d1 lynch should be one of {flicker, TFP, Nico}
In post 2847, BuJaber wrote:I kinda think Nico/Tails have a role that wants to die.

I don't think anything as horrible as a bomb or jester but maybe venge or something.

Like we're basically just saving this slot because we're giving Chick the benefit of the doubt.

Can anyone tell me why they think Menno is town?
Sky was really meh compared to town!sky and menno is scummy.

Actually a better question is why isn't ANY wagon getting hammered yet.. don't lynch within the claims YET. That's all there is to it.

We can discuss any fake claim potential later.
Lynching 3p is bad for reasons other people have explained better than I could.
Lynching Jingle, Gamma, Chick, Tails is condemning two slots in one so a cash against one of the two is not enough.
Lynching Toog doesn't make sense. Once we have some idea of night actions his claim gets proven/disproven.

Tora is very probably town. I can't see any scum motivation to claiming his 3p read on Elsa and bragging about it. Maybe if they were both scum together, but if that were the case it will sort itself out if the time comes to lynch Elsa (either by losing a lot of scum and the game is still in progress, or by losing enough town that she becomes a liability). Plus he felt townie to me in the fight with RC.

I've left many clues that I'm town I think.

For now this leaves us with:
Chara
Thor665
McMenno
Reasonably Rational
Aristophanes

Who have neither claimed nor had someone claim for them. We can probably remove RR from the list because of Drixx's role PM stuff.. (though I admit that would be pretty cool scum performance). Thor seems pretty townie overall especially after the TPF flip.
We should lynch Menno, Ari, or Chara.

Tails maybe missed these when he read my posts. Or didn't read them at all.
No townreading of Nico. Not even once. Specifically mentioned that not wanting her lynched has more to do with Chick than her.

So far this game I've been called scum for:
- sorting people through PoE lists
- using logic that doesn't fit with RR's definition of logic
- saying that angry people are easier to sort than calm people
- saying 'but' more than 70 times
- moving someone who isn't a townread from the no-lynch pile to the lynch pile.

God knows how many years of combined playing experience you all have but this is really what you want to teach new players?

You want to know why I like this game? Because it's never going to be repetitive. People will always see things differently. No two people will play town the same way. No two people will play scum the same way. To be a great player you have to know what works best for YOU. You can't just imitate someone else's formula. That means you are constantly having to analyze yourself as well as other players.

Don't let personality get in your way. Rise above. Read between the lines. Figure out intent.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3079 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Anyone else feel there are too many protective/healer claims? (Whether soft or hard)
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3080 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Post by Tails »

What point of not reading over 100 pages didn't you get? I'm just going with your play so far surrounding my wagon.

Nice guilt trip, though. I think you just made my mother jealous.

P-edit: No
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3081 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:45 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Remember when I said Cheeky is awfully sheepy this game?

She is the one that started the Menno case, but she has since left it to join Tails, then left that to join mine, when I was the 2nd person to present a case against Menno.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3082 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:45 pm

Post by BuJaber »

You think that was a guilt trip?

That was straight up calling out veterans for being lazy and playing to old metas
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3083 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Really?

So what number would be too much?

Because I count 4 so far. (Elsa, RR, Flicker, Cheeky)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3084 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Post by BuJaber »

If a game has many killing roles but also many protectives, it's not much of an 'overkill' game, is it?

And even the LR could be thought of as protective in the sense that it potentially turns multiple kills into just 1.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3085 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:56 pm

Post by Jingle »

I specifically didn’t read your overuse of prevarication as scum. I noted it as potentially scummy and through due diligence and a meta dive determined it to be null. I do suggest that being less waffley might help you be more convincing, but that’s not really important now.

Also, reaver groupscum is a possibility in my mind because they A. Don’t kill other reavers and B. Kill indiscriminately, leaving the possibility of cross killing open. Flavor has to take a backseat to the core of the game at some point.

Niskas crew makes more sense, tbh, as a groupscum angle, but they’re less iconic than either the alliance or the reavers. There’s also the crew mal fights when he’s running out of air in the flashback episode, but that’s fairly obscure.

There’s a bunch of potential 3p’s but none really strike me as fitting the mold particularly well.
This is a Parachute.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3086 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 3085, Jingle wrote:I specifically didn’t read your overuse of prevarication as scum. I noted it as potentially scummy and through due diligence and a meta dive determined it to be null. I do suggest that being less waffley might help you be more convincing, but that’s not really important now.

Also, reaver groupscum is a possibility in my mind because they A. Don’t kill other reavers and B. Kill indiscriminately, leaving the possibility of cross killing open. Flavor has to take a backseat to the core of the game at some point.

Niskas crew makes more sense, tbh, as a groupscum angle, but they’re less iconic than either the alliance or the reavers. There’s also the crew mal fights when he’s running out of air in the flashback episode, but that’s fairly obscure.

There’s a bunch of potential 3p’s but none really strike me as fitting the mold particularly well.

Ehh sorry then I knew you said you would metadive but I wasn't sure what conclusion that led you to.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3087 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:01 am

Post by Jingle »

Neither rr nor ct have claimed.

Flickers claim isn’t protective, but rather negative utility. We probably have two protective roles (one town, one not) and a LR. Which seems reasonable.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3088 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:03 am

Post by Jingle »

Pretty sure I’d already done it when I brought up the but thing. It was an out of game piece of advice because you were talking about your inability to convince people iirc.

The but thing raised flags, but was never actually part of my case against you because it turned out you do that as both alignments.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3089 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:37 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Uh where did I soft protective BuJaber? Also, since when are Flicker and RR protective roles?
In post 3084, BuJaber wrote:If a game has many killing roles but also many protectives, it's not much of an 'overkill' game, is it?

If a game has many killing roles but also many protectives, it's not much of an 'overkill' game, is it?
Pretty sure this^ is scumplaining.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3090 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:43 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3028, Jingle wrote:If Tails flips town, we can't both die, because only one town will be able to be killed tonight.
If we assume multiple killing roles, why would we think only 1 town could die tn regardless of lynch?

Nico/Thor interactions are intriguing tho!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3091 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:44 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Wait I'm 3 pages behind wtf XD
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3092 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:58 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 3089, CheekyTeeky wrote:Uh where did I soft protective BuJaber? Also, since when are Flicker and RR protective roles?
In post 3084, BuJaber wrote:If a game has many killing roles but also many protectives, it's not much of an 'overkill' game, is it?

Pretty sure this^ is scumplaining.
I said protective/healer.

Book, Inara, and Priest.
Covers you, RR, and flicker.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3093 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:07 am

Post by BuJaber »

I'm basing this on you saying "You're Inara" to RR.

If I misunderstood just tell me and we don't have to talk about it today, but at least I'll know to stop looking within the protectives.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3094 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:19 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2719, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2709, Chara wrote:you can take Cheeky and i right out of that for today due to Cheeky's claim and my implicit one.
I wasn't claiming book btw. I just think RR's flavour makes the most sense as Inara.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3095 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:52 am

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

McMenno (4):
Nancy Drew Shogunate (2814),Chara (2905),Chickadee (2988),BuJaber (3058),
Tails (3):
Reasonably Rational (2914),Jingle (2941),Flicker (2952),
Toogeloo (2):
Elsa Jay (2765),Gamma Emerald (2792),
BuJaber (2):
CheekyTeeky (3060),Tails (3066),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1):
Thor665 (2092),
Chickadee (1):
Toogeloo (2872),
CheekyTeeky (1):
McMenno (2985),
Not voting (2):
Malakittens,Aristophanes (2912),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3096 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:41 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 3090, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 3028, Jingle wrote:If Tails flips town, we can't both die, because only one town will be able to be killed tonight.
If we assume multiple killing roles, why would we think only 1 town could die tn regardless of lynch?

Nico/Thor interactions are intriguing tho!
There is a two kill per faction limit per cycle.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #3097 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:41 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

First of all: you all know what BJ usually stands for but still use it as a description for Jaber. Amazing.
In post 3065, BuJaber wrote:Elsa honestly you are much more dangerous to keep alive than Mala, if we get in a situation where we have to lynch 3p

But if I die she becomes more dangerous than you. So if you want to help town don't lynch me but if you want to help yourself you should.
Second: Are you saying I'm more dangerous because of my personailty and criminal record or are you saying a Survivor is more dangerous then a Lyncher?

And why are you trying to appeal to me in particular? I know atleast a few of the people here like my opinion, but trying to pocket me seems weird as fuck.

Your also trying to make me not hang you by... Accusing me that I'm being selfish if I hang you?

VOTE: BuJaber

Yeah, no. I'm not falling for that shit.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3098 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

2 Death* rather.

It's why I used LR last night. Since a non town was lynched, up to 2 town could be night killed, so it seemed optimal to reduce that to possibly just 1.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3099 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 3008, Jingle wrote:Traditional SK wins when they are the last person standing. The game ends when all town are dead or all threats to town are dead. This highly suggests that any and all scumteams can in fact win together.

Unaligned scum being possible, but less likely than two teams is based on the fact that a team of less than three people doesn't benefit from rule 3 at all. It's possible that that rule is solely for the benefit of town and HoB, but that seems like a needless handicap for unaligned scum when they already mechanically have a harder time winning than groupscum.

Numbers wise, 2 teams makes the most sense, because 9 town + 2 Neutral + 3 + 3 is 17. We have two reasonable neutral claims, a confirmed team of three via the traitor flip, and a flavor based on a group of exactly nine people.
This is something I wish you hadn't said out loud.

Yes, smart scum will have realized this..but if we're looking at multiple unaligned scum, that is, single individuals...one person could miss it.

Instead of scum looking for one another in order to shoot, they'll be looking for one another to know who to *not* shoot.

:-/

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”