Micro 829: The Coalition [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Moderator Notes: Have fun!

Coalition 1.5
VoterCoalition
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
skitter30
Chara
no lunch
Chara
Chara
Aubrey
no lunch
no lunch
no lunch
Aubrey
Gamma Emerald
skitter30
Chara
Aubrey
Chara
Skygazer
aslightrain
skitter30
skitter30
no lunch
Chara
Aubrey
Gamma Emerald
Aubrey
Gamma Emerald
no lunch
Chara
My Milked Eek
Skygazer
no lunch
Aubrey
Gamma Emerald
skitter30
(expired on 2018-11-08 22:53:59)
Votecount 1.5
Vote Target
Wagon
Irrelephant11 (2):
no lunch ()
Gamma Emerald ()
aslightrain (1):
aslightrain ()
Skygazer (1):
Irrelephant11 ()
Not Voting (5): Chara, Aubrey, skitter30, My Milked Eek, Skygazer
(expired on 2018-11-08 22:53:59)
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Chara »

reminder to be careful of your coalition, it can be hammered if one reaches majority.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Spoiler: Interesting Elephant moment here
In post 198, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'm not sure I've townread anything Aubrey has posted so far (and there's a good amount of posts there, you'd think I would by now)
Others have said that they townread her making fun of the ridiculousness of my questions early on but I think most of those players semi-depended on a scumread of me to get there and I think it's common for scum to "lol you dumb town you" when they think town are being weird and don't want to get caught up in it
VOTE: Aubrey
In post 198, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 134, Aubrey wrote:
In post 129, Chara wrote:Aubrey
aslightrain
Why is Aslightrain your runner up?
eh maybe I townread this post, maybe I don't, I can't decide
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 179, Skygazer wrote:HEAL: skitter
she seems unconcerned with the fact that shes not in the majority coalition atm and she entered with a self-heal which makes me think she's not concerned with looking eager to be on the coalition right off the bat

like that may seem contradictory but I feel like scum wouldn't want to enter with something that screams "hey pick me" like a self heal and i feel like in the game state we're in right now she would be trying to town tell more aggressively

(granted she could be scum with a widely townread player but eh)
this post makes me townread skitter a lot more than it makes me townread sky
I don't get this.

Do you think he is faking this read? Or is this a
"I logically don't agree with this thus you are scum."
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 199, Irrelephant11 wrote:I forgot I voted Aubrey near the beginning of that post but I'll stick with sky for now
Hmmm I originally liked the wavering moment you had, but this kinda dampens it a hair.

:/

I can't tell if you're locking horns with people because you want to place them, or because you just need to have your horns locked in on someone.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 202, Chara wrote:skitter townreads in general all kind of make me nervous. she could easily be town, but there's really nothing in that ISO that i would say scum skitter couldn't do.
Do you by chance get a sense of her flowing with the town? Like scum syncing up to the flow of the town?
"some people are townreading X so its safe if i townread X"

I think this has been one of my deeper fears with her as I've been reading the game through my first pass. I haven't really iso'ed her to justify or negate that fear though.

(Time is an issue for me)

Like, I don't recall her really being the first to say I like X or I don't like X on any of the reads...it always seemed once a few people were of a general consensus that it was safe to join the read unless specifically questioned.

This is kinda what I was struggling to get a sense for in

--

If you can show me where I'm graveingly mistaken here Skitter, please do so! As you're a slot that is causing me turmoil to judge.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 219, Chara wrote:here's a take because i'm bored of waiting for Sky's answer and i would rather just pressure it:
i think Sky is self-conscious scum and so neglected to put herself in her own coalition. she's townreading skitter for openly putting herself in her coalition to start because she thinks scum would maybe have that same self-consciousness about it, and this is because she had that feeling and she's scum. this is in spite of most other players also doing the same thing in their opening.
also skitter pointed out herself that she isn't being all that towny.
no lunch gets a pass because they mentioned that skitter is hard to read previously and also for being town.
But why only Skitter if that's the case? They could have used this on Gamma at first, but instead they brought up different reasoning.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by Skygazer »

hi havent read anything that happened today because i had a surprise midterm followed by a date :shifty:
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I can't stay up any more critically looking through everyones posts. I still feel like I'm in the same shithole I left with after work. I'm at

--

and are the two posts that are the most relieving to finally let out, as they have been the main points that have been causing me trepidation with Elephant and Skitter.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:14 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 278, Aubrey wrote:
In post 179, Skygazer wrote:HEAL: skitter
she seems unconcerned with the fact that shes not in the majority coalition atm and she entered with a self-heal which makes me think she's not concerned with looking eager to be on the coalition right off the bat

like that may seem contradictory but I feel like scum wouldn't want to enter with something that screams "hey pick me" like a self heal and i feel like in the game state we're in right now she would be trying to town tell more aggressively

(granted she could be scum with a widely townread player but eh)
this post makes me townread skitter a lot more than it makes me townread sky
I don't get this.

Do you think he is faking this read? Or is this a
"I logically don't agree with this thus you are scum."
Are you asking me if skygazer (who is a "she") is faking this read on skitter? Or are you asking everyone else if I'm faking my read on sky?

If the former, no, I don't think the read is fake, I just think that while it's not a bad reason to townread skitter, it's sort of a weird one for town to think of. It reads to me like scum trying to come up with a reason why she townreads skitter (and I agree with chara's explanation of why it reads that way), and though it might be town coming up with a reason to townread skitter, both of those situations lead to probably!town!skitter, without giving me much information about sky's alignment.

also re: my read on you, what don't you like? I wasn't really townreading much of what you said, and then you had a post I sorta townread, so when I re-read my own post and saw my vote on you I thought "eh, she's had at least a towny moment, skygazer hasn't, gonna vote skygazer". Is there something in there you don't understand or believe? I feel like I'm getting an oddly high amount of attention this game for what are fmpov really very normal play moments...

If I had to pick one of me/skitter/chara/nl/you to say was scum, I'd pick you, and if I had to pick one of the rest of the playerlist, I'd probably pick sky. So there's that.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:46 am

Post by Aubrey »

Oh, you misunderstand. I don’t care wether you like me or not. It was a matter of me feeling like that was a moment of towns confliction with a spot that I was interested in. Then when I continued reading, I began to wonder if it was genuine or fake confliction.

You’ve been going about this game in a method I’d expect scum to use to move their slot up. Hence back to the locking of horns statement.

Btw, I’ve been called she like 5 times over this game and was never offended. I’d hope nobody here would be hurt of a mixed up pronoun. :]

Sorry if that is short but I’m writing this quick. Off to work I go!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:55 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Oh wow! Sorry! Yeah that's my bad, I made an assumption based on your username. I only pointed out the pronoun thing you did, though, because I was confused who you were referring to, is all :]

Hmm... for now, HURT: Irrelephant11
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Chara »

In post 281, Aubrey wrote:But why only Skitter if that's the case? They could have used this on Gamma at first, but instead they brought up different reasoning.
not sure. it may have been this idea occurred to Sky only for skitter. Gamma is a different kind of slot, one i also happen to be scumreading actually.

also, out of game:
regarding the pronoun conversation, i also make mistakes all the time! it doesn't hurt me to have others use the wrong ones due to that, but i'll confess i'm very happy whenever someone refers to me correctly. so i do my best too. :>
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 269, no lunch wrote:
Fantastic response
. Sorry for the infrequency of my posts. In transit and the connection is very wobbly.

I have been sitting on the train thinking about Irrelephant. :oops: I'm not sure I'm sold on townreading him yet, but I'm definitely seeing where I've been stupid.
^^^^ i'm also getting a little bit of a buddying vibe from you to chara

==
In post 268, Chara wrote:i think Gamma is highly sortable, but he needs pressure for that. as of right now i wouldn't call the game on him being town and i'm scumleaning him.

for that spot i want to see what aslight and Eek have to say. and also i would consider skitter over Gamma if we take out the null slots.
i'd be down to wagon him (not lynch him yet tho obvs)

==
In post 280, Aubrey wrote:If you can show me where I'm graveingly mistaken here Skitter, please do so! As you're a slot that is causing me turmoil to judge.
In post 280, Aubrey wrote:Like, I don't recall her really being the first to say I like X or I don't like X on any of the reads...it always seemed once a few people were of a general consensus that it was safe to join the read unless specifically questioned.
i'm not entirely sure what you expect me to respond to this or how you want me to show you that you're gravely mistaken

i don't particularly think this is accurate (ie i'm not purposely molding my reads to match those of others) and i don't particularly think it's inaccurate either (ie some of my reads do indeed overlap with others)

==
In post 282, Skygazer wrote:hi havent read anything that happened today because i had a surprise midterm followed by a date :shifty:
i hope the midterm and date went well :)

==
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:32 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Hi guys.
I've skimmed the thread.

I'd like to reread a bit more in detail, but I can already heal a few players from whom I've gotten townvibes.

HEAL: MME, no lunch, chara, gamma

For my 5th heal I'm looking at irrelephant or skitter. What I noticed the most about irrelephant is his hurt for me. It was for a reason that wasn't true. I don't think scum would have used that as a reason to hurt me, simply because it was a reason that could easily be disproven. Feels like hasty town. And skitter gave me good vibes initially, but it might be my waning attention span, but I don't remember much of their later posts.

I'll do a more focused read and go into their iso's tonight.
Eek
!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Can you explain your reasoning for those heals? Like if you have to go can you do a quick summary?
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by no lunch »

I am stuck waiting for Skygazer, Aubrey and My Milked Eek. If anybody would like more from me in the meantime, please just reach out.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 220, Chara wrote:
In post 215, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 209, Chara wrote:if the coalition fails, there's 0 or 1 scum in the remaining four, and 1-2 in the coalition. we still have to catch both of them.
i'm not planning on constraining my post-coalition hunting if we fail, except as a way to think about scumteams and how they might be arranged.

Gamma: why would scum elephant be threatened by one townblocked townie?
Idk what motive he’d have exactly rn
But the timing and lack of any lead-up makes it feel shady
i think his explanation makes sense. do you?
Kinda, I think it’s still shady no matter how well he explains it though
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Searching for a replacement for aslightrain.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Almost50 replaces aslightrain.

things fall apart
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Congratulations everyone for having me as your buddy in this game. I'll be right to the point.. according to some ancient document (dating back to 3000 BC) uncovered recently, I should be included in all coalition lists. It's a FACT that all historians unanimously have verified to be true.

From here on I shall be assessing you individually to see who qualifies to be with me in the coalition. My word is LAW. Anyone who dares go against my divine will shall be harshly reprimanded and sent directly to their room without supper. I hope my declaration is clear enough. Now let's proceed. Who wants to be first to be examined by me? (P.S. Don't be alarmed. It's A50 not AP) :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OH, I forgot...

HEAL: Almost50

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Chara »

i pick me! hi Almost!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

HEAL: Irrelephant11

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Hi Chara :]

Why is Irrelephant not TR'd by you?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”