Micro 829: The Coalition [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Chara »

towny only in the sense they don't help her if her partner isn't already townread.

MOD EDITED IN:

Moderator Notes: If I have made an error, please inform me.

Coalition 1.12
VoterCoalition
Irrelephant11
skitter30
Chara
Almost50
Irrelephant11
Chara
Chara
Almost50
Irrelephant11
Gamma Emerald
no lunch
no lunch
Aubrey
skitter30
Chara
Aubrey
Chara
Almost50
skitter30
Gamma Emerald
Irrelephant11
Almost50
Almost50
Irrelephant11
skitter30
Chara
Aubrey
skitter30
skitter30
Chara
Aubrey
Almost50
Irrelephant11
Gamma Emerald
Aubrey
Gamma Emerald
Chara
Almost50
Irrelephant11
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
no lunch
Chara
Gamma Emerald
Skygazer
Aubrey
Gamma Emerald
skitter30
Almost50
Chara
(expired on 2018-11-08 22:53:59)
Votecount 1.12
Vote Target
Wagon
Irrelephant11 (1):
no lunch ()
Skygazer (1):
Irrelephant11 ()
no lunch (1):
Almost50 ()
Not Voting (6): Aubrey, My Milked Eek, Skygazer, Gamma Emerald, Chara, skitter30
(expired on 2018-11-08 22:53:59)
Last edited by northsidegal on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 700, Chara wrote:towny only in the sense they don't help her if her partner isn't already townread.
OK, how would YOU go about it if you were in her shoes?

Oh, let me rephrase that: ASSUMING Sky is scum, and ASSUMING her partner isn't a strong candidate for the coalition; how would you expect her to respond?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Chara »

would like to note that my belief is that if Sky is scum her partner is almost certainly in the coalition or a candidate for it.
in fact i think her response being what it was is definitive proof to me that your assumed scenario is very unlikely.
why? it doesn't help her or her partner get townread. it only helps her get townread if we assume he partner already wasn't, which we can't assume.

but sure. in this case, i would expect Sky to try and get into the coalition via a good way to be townread, or get her partner in.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Chara »

talk to me about skitter?

oh and to add to my answer the other thing would be cast doubt on the established coalition, which Sky did do. the problem is she hasn't suggested doing anything but going through with it anyway.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Chara »

i'd also say it's possible that no lunch is just the "towny with the weird unpopular playstyle" but i wouldn't know how to go about getting them back into town's good graces, nor am i confident enough to.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 696, Chara wrote:skitter/Aubrey team?
In my original coalition
(the one where I was in it and not Elephant)
had it failed, Skitter would have been the first person I'd have been bared my fangs at. Mostly then at Gamma if she were revealed town and myself not dead by that point.

That's why I picked it originally.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 682, Aubrey wrote:More interested in spreading dirt than looking for town incentive basically (Remember my worry about you locking horns). A worry that could easily be put onto NL too.
this is pretty much exactly the vibe i got from no lunch's negatively framing things, that he was trying to make people look scummy and that he wasn't really interested in looking for town motivation
In post 690, Chara wrote:here's only one lurker so i don't believe it's that.

i want to avoid falling into the paranoia trap because we're all assuming the coalition can't all be town, either.

oh and elephant: i was worried about not being townread because i envisioned a scenario where i'd be mislynched out of paranoia if the coalition fails. that's part of why i really really want it to just go through.
by lurkers i meant: mme, sky to a certain extent, and even gamma maybe. i know that sky and gamma aren't exaclty lurking; maybe a better word choice would have been: people hwo aren't as active and present as me/you/a50/no lunch/aubrey
In post 691, Chara wrote:there's posts casting doubt/paranoia on the coalition, but i'm not seeing skitter do much about it. elephant has had specific qualms with my play; as far as i can see with skitter, she continues to describe it as a "???" kind of feeling.
she's engaged no lunch a lot, but no lunch isn't in the coalition. what's she doing to figure out where we might have gone wrong, if we even have?
she's already in, so now her focus could be, as scum, on winning the remainder of the game. she needs mislynches. i get the sense she's more preparing for that instead of trying for us to win right now.
a) i'm focusing on another game because of [redacted] atm and i'm letting this one slide into the background a little bit (and this was really just wrt yesterday and today irl).

b) i kinda disagree that you're saying if i were scum here 'my focus would be on winning the remainder of the game' (ie that it sounds like you think i'd be focusing on the long-term) - if i were scum my focus would be on like trying to maintain the townread to ensure i didn't immediately lose the game; i could focus on winning the game after. we talked about this a lot - i don't particularly look for mislynches as scum; i that's not what my strength is; i just kinda let them happen. i pocket people instead.

why is scum!me looking for mislynches outside of the coalition and/or why am is pushing no lunch, who isn't in the coalition, problematic? I think he's scummy. i'm actively trying to sort him and figure out if what i don't like is playstyle or like actually scum-indicative.

i mean, yes, the gamestate feels a little wonky with this many people being strong town, and yes, i'm noting that.

c) i'm very, very, very confident a50 is town. i think irrel is townie for him (reminder to say things when i can say them) + i'm sheeping a50 a bit. aubrey tonally feels really really really good.

i don't have much reason to doubt any of these people

with you i also tending town. yes, i'm acknowleding that i'm paranoid. it's not a feeling i can specifically consciously describe; if i could have better, i would have. it's like an overarching feeling that you want to be townread that's making me a little nervous. you've acknowledged that you're doing that.

i don't know if it's actively scummy (which i think i noted the firt time i said this) though because you seem to be the sort of player who cares *a lot* about being townread as either alignment (i'm getting that from the bolded in the quote above and other similar quotes that i can pull up from elsewhere), so i don' tknow if it's actively a reason for me to townread you, but it does make me wary. that's the main thing that's bothering me and i odn't know how to diffrentiate between this being a playstyle thing from you rn or a scum thing from you rn
In post 695, Chara wrote:
In post 655, skitter30 wrote:
In post 645, Almost50 wrote:I think skitter has the same list as mine
i honestly don't know what my coaition is atm

i think: me, irrel, chara, you, aubry?
and this post pinged me in particular for... not really seeming to care about the exact list.
i thought it was those people but i was feeling a little lazy about actually going and checking since there wasn't a recent vc and i figured if i posted what i thought to be my list a50 would verify it for me either way since he was keeping track
In post 701, Almost50 wrote:Oh, let me rephrase that: ASSUMING Sky is scum, and ASSUMING her partner isn't a strong candidate for the coalition; how would you expect her to respond?
try to towntell
i don't really get the vibe that she's trying to towntell, which i think is slightly town-indicative for her maybe? not sure

(hedging a little bit because [redacted]; this is more a note to come back to this train of thought at some point)

if she were scum and her partner were in the coalition i'm not sure she would necessarily try/care as much?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 703, Chara wrote:talk to me about skitter?
What about skitter do you want to talk about?

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Chara »

In post 707, Almost50 wrote:
my scumread? i know you're townreading her so i want to know where you think i went wrong, or what you think of my thoughts.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Chara »

skitter thanks for the big reply, i read it and will reply later.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

cool cool

i'll be around a little later if you want to talk; i need to run some errands now

(i also think that writing walls is more conducive for me to explain what i'm thinking than in real-time because then i'm trying to multi-task by thinking and reading and writing and responding and i tend to overlook some things; real-time tends to move too fast for me to get everything that i want to say out; that happened a little yesterday irl when the thread was active for a few hours and i hadn't really sat down and read through it again in depth yet)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Chara »

In post 706, skitter30 wrote:a) i'm focusing on another game because of [redacted] atm and i'm letting this one slide into the background a little bit (and this was really just wrt yesterday and today irl).
i do have time for this part: why does being busy mean the coalition part of the game is in the background, but you still have lots of time to push no lunch and talk about your own scum meta/reply to posts like these ones from me?

pedit: i'll be around later too, leaving now. i'm pretty much the opposite regarding walls so bear with me.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 708, Chara wrote:
In post 707, Almost50 wrote:
my scumread? i know you're townreading her so i want to know where you think i went wrong, or what you think of my thoughts.
This is one of those slots/players I can hardly phrase my reasoning for TRing them into words. If I see something that alerts my SCUMDAR it'd be easy to point that out, but to explain why she's town is simply beyond my linguistic abilities.

OK, let me try: skitter is communicating in realtime. She's not lagging behind and making big @$$ catch up posts. That's town!her. She's nor being conservative and isn't focused on her own image either. When she's scum she tried to look town. When she's town it comes out naturally. Hmm.. come to think of it.. her playstyle is somewhat similar to yours. You might as well read her posts as if you wrote them and think if that would be town!you or scum!you.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

basically just that i haven't read the last 10 pages or so in depth so i'm kinda just saying whatever comes to mind
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 710, skitter30 wrote:(i also think that writing walls is more conducive for me to explain what i'm thinking than in real-time
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK.. if this flips scum I'm definitely not her partner for this alone. :lol: :lol:

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

like i kinda read everything and responded ot things that i saw happening but didn't like synthesize a big picture of what's happening what really if that makes sense and i like need to actually take the time to reread things for that to happen and i haven't yet
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

Bah! That was supposed to be quoting the whole post, but whatever.. you get the point.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Chara »

In post 706, skitter30 wrote:b) i kinda disagree that you're saying if i were scum here 'my focus would be on winning the remainder of the game' (ie that it sounds like you think i'd be focusing on the long-term) - if i were scum my focus would be on like trying to maintain the townread to ensure i didn't immediately lose the game; i could focus on winning the game after. we talked about this a lot - i don't particularly look for mislynches as scum; i that's not what my strength is; i just kinda let them happen. i pocket people instead.
kind of missed my point here. as town i'm saying i'd expect your focus to be on players like me, but most of our interaction has felt like i've been initiating it. am i wrong?
"maintaining the townread" is kind of a nebulous concept, you could be doing that by continuing to scumhunt.

i don't find it strange to be pushing no lunch.

regarding my own meta: like i said if you have time and like to read old games i gave you a link.
it is worth nothing i've never been mislynched outside of hydra and i tend to go kind of tryhard whenever someone gets close to lynching me as town, or even preemptively seems like they might.

i'm still here, damn.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Chara »

In post 712, Almost50 wrote:OK, let me try: skitter is communicating in realtime. She's not lagging behind and making big @$$ catch up posts. That's town!her. She's nor being conservative and isn't focused on her own image either. When she's scum she tried to look town. When she's town it comes out naturally. Hmm.. come to think of it.. her playstyle is somewhat similar to yours. You might as well read her posts as if you wrote them and think if that would be town!you or scum!you.
scum skitter tends to fall behind?

as for the rest: hm. thank you. can i blame you if scum skitter wins this? :P
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 711, Chara wrote:
In post 706, skitter30 wrote:a) i'm focusing on another game because of [redacted] atm and i'm letting this one slide into the background a little bit (and this was really just wrt yesterday and today irl).
i do have time for this part: why does being busy mean the coalition part of the game is in the background, but you still have lots of time to push no lunch and talk about your own scum meta/reply to posts like these ones from me?

pedit: i'll be around later too, leaving now. i'm pretty much the opposite regarding walls so bear with me.
like it's not that that i don't have time or that i'm not paying attention but rather for like the last day or so i haven't read it all in one sitting to process the game the way you want me to so i'm just saying what i'm noticing about if that makes sense
and to figure out exactly what's bothering me about you i'd need to iso you and isolate the exact posts that are bothering me and i haven't done that yet

like it's more like i'm noting things in thread that are bothering me to take note of, kinda like a reminder as to what needs research to check and figure out. which will happen soonish, but not in the last day or so

bleh idk if i described that well at all
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 718, Chara wrote:
In post 712, Almost50 wrote:OK, let me try: skitter is communicating in realtime. She's not lagging behind and making big @$$ catch up posts. That's town!her. She's nor being conservative and isn't focused on her own image either. When she's scum she tried to look town. When she's town it comes out naturally. Hmm.. come to think of it.. her playstyle is somewhat similar to yours. You might as well read her posts as if you wrote them and think if that would be town!you or scum!you.
scum skitter tends to fall behind?

as for the rest: hm. thank you. can i blame you if scum skitter wins this? :P
no, just avoid engaging people and i do that by wallposting everything at once
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Chara »

also damn, i see what you mean by our similar playstyles. it's only making me more paranoid because as scum here i'd be focusing on trying to make myself post as much as possible and post a lot of stream-of-consciousness because a lot of people really like stream of consciousness.
because that's what i do as town. damn again. :>

ok well i'll just try and keep talking to her for as long as i have time.

pedit: oh, so real-time engagement is something you dislike as scum?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:51 am

Post by Chara »

eh actually as i continue to read skitter's very quick responses to all of this.
Almost your advice was pretty good, actually. knowing to try something as scum is different than succeeding in it. and again her explanations make sense.

HEAL: skitter
don't think scum me could keep this up? that's a strange way to think about it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

ye very much so
and i avoid it whenever i possibly can

i can't really make up real-time bullshit to questions or swivel opinions naturally or like come up fake reasoning on the spot

i'm very very very careful and methodological and try to present as being very willing to answer anything, which i can do... so like as i have time to think of an answer first and don't have to respond in like real-time
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Chara »

i need to take a break from this game.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”