Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I'm tempted to vote flicker now
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Playwise she's not worse than Ari/Menno though
Just a weird claim.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3273, BuJaber wrote:
In post 3271, Thor665 wrote:
We already know for a fact there is at least one non-town on (Elsa) and two off (Porkens and Mala).
You're calculating just pure odds here right? Not factoring in claims, reads, and your own alignment? Because I don't understand how you get more scum on wagon than off.
I bolded and snipped to clarify where I get the info for more scum on than off.
In post 3273, BuJaber wrote:And what claims would I suspect?
I would suggest "all of them" insomuch as even if you decide to run with a read there nothing is proven. I'm doing that myself, but I'm not daft enough to suggest it's 100% accurate.
In post 3273, BuJaber wrote:We're basically going round and round only to return to you wanting me to vote for NDS. And I can't give you that at this time.
I know, there's a lot of resistance there for slim reasons from people.
In post 3273, BuJaber wrote:I'm thinking off wagon is better so the on-wagon rationale won't convince me... just wait for Tora to post again and focus on why we should vote NDS.
I've offered a rather wide range of reasons, do I need to repeat them for you?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:28 pm

Post by BuJaber »

No need.. if you get any new reasons I'd like to hear them that's what I meant.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 1935, Almost50 wrote:
VC#0
TPFKAP (9): Thor665, Gamma Emerald, Elsa Jay, CheekyTeeky, BuJaber, Jingle, Nancy Drew Shogunate, Chara, Toogeloo

BuJaber (2): McMenno, Chickadee
Flicker (2): Reasonably Rational, northsidegal
NicoRobin (2): Malakittens TPFKAP
Reasonably Rational (1): NicoRobin

Not Voting: Flicker

Deadline suspended
So only excluding claims you believe, strong town reads, and 3p, you're left with the following:

On wagon - {Cheeky, Nancy, Chara}
Off wagon - {Esper, RR, Ari, me}

With assumption of 3-3, that's 5 scum aside from TPF. One among {Cheeky, Nancy, Chara} and all of {Esper, RR, Ari, me} with no room for error. That no room for error should really be scaring you, unless you think you're a scumhunting god (never assume that). So that alone should make you nervous and make you reevaluate your reads. Also, I'm not sure why you're only thinking 1 scum on the traitor wagon. Without knowing that TPF was the traitor (and I haven't looked back at the flip to see if there's indication that he was known), 1 scum on the wagon seems really weird. 2 would be a more normal assumption, but that's just me. Personally, I think PoE should be stronger on the wagon, based on your thought process. But again, slightly too close. VCA only gets better as time goes on, so there's a lot of assumptions being made here, and you're basing your math off that.

Also, what bothers me is that if you really thought that distribution was correct, and that there's a 100% chance I'm scum, then what was with that whole "I want him to live, that way I can learn to read him" thing? Thor's right. Unless you think we're going to be playing a lot of games together, and you just want more info for those games, there's no reason to prioritize that thought process. Heck, there's not even much reason to do so regardless, because you should be all gung-ho on the "Tails scum" train. There should be no reason to appeal to me. Heck, you should have been assuming an equal chance of McMenno/me, so jumping off because of "better odds" is strange from a reasoning perspective.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Nico posted nothing.

When the slot got some suspicion Cheeky claimed she copped you and you're innocent.

People started debating what her clues meant. You are either guiltied or inno'd. It's not very clear. Apart from calling me scum for voting you you haven't done much that's AI. At first I didn't consider your slot at all because I was falsely assuming that cheeky and you have to be on the same side. Once I realized she could be town and just wrong, I thought about voting you because a few people seemed confident that you are more likely to be scum based on the clues than not.

Let me try to explain my process because I know I'm not a great communicator and you guys seem to assume whenever I give a reason for voting it is the only reason for voting.

Some claims don't have to be believed to remove them from the lynch pool. The obvious one is masons. Jingle and gamma might be lying. But guess what we will know soon enough. Elsa might be lying but guess what as claimed 3p there will be a time where he becomes policy lynchable. As claimed doc he will have to keep giving us believable targets for protection. It puts him in the spotlight whwre we can continue to monitor him.

I look at wagon, game state, scum distribution, and PoE to determine who I want to vote. I may or may not explicitly state all the reasons for it but even if I do state reasons they may not be all in one post.

For example I voted menno for the reasons I posted earlier but didn't mention anything about off wagon at the time.

With Thor right now I'm agreeing with some of his points, and that there is scum on wagon, but I also think there are more scum off wagon and that I overall read tora as town so I don't want to vote there.

It is unorganic to base reads and decisions based on just one thing and not changing them and having varied confidence based on all the different variables like new trains of thoughts or through engagement with others or because someone comes forth with a good point that forces you to reevaluate.

Main point is if I remove all claims from the lynch pool it doesn't mean I townread all of them. It means I don't think it's the right time to evaluate them.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 pm

Post by Tails »

That's nice, but it had nothing to do with this:
In post 3279, Tails wrote: Also, what bothers me is that if you really thought that distribution was correct, and that there's a 100% chance I'm scum, then what was with that whole "I want him to live, that way I can learn to read him" thing? Thor's right. Unless you think we're going to be playing a lot of games together, and you just want more info for those games, there's no reason to prioritize that thought process. Heck, there's not even much reason to do so regardless, because you should be all gung-ho on the "Tails scum" train. There should be no reason to appeal to me.
It's the wanting to keep me alive to learn to read me and the appealing to me thing that I find off. If I was 100% scum in your eyes, that shouldn't even be on your mind.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 pm

Post by Tails »

@Thor: I don't think Nancy is happening. Who's your second choice?
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:48 pm

Post by Tails »

I'm not going to be as active during the weekend. I'll try to keep up, but can't promise how much I'll post.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:40 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 3274, BuJaber wrote:Chick ask the mod what happens if you cop the same person twice. Do you get new clues or the same ones?
I’ve asked, but regardless of answer, I’m not interested in wasting days to cop people multiple times.

I’m not interested in a tails or a flicker lynch based on reasons provided. I think there’s compelling evidence to suggest tails is town. Even without the results I got, I think their play has been town today.

@RR I also don’t have flavor textin my pm. It’s just [REDACTED], role, explain roll.

Can we all get on a McMenno lynch?
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 3251, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 3249, Reasonably Rational wrote:Aligned with Serenity comes from the Sample town role pm. And you are misreading that post. Flicker did not have the same awareness displayed by {Cheeky, Jingles, chara} which makes them (Flicker) more likely to be scum than town.

~D
Oh. Ok I can see what you're seeing.

What do you make of Toogeloo saying that he's town but that he also had no flavour in their role PM?
Spoiler: Toog discussing flavour
In post 45, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 10, Chickadee wrote:idk who I am
Neither do I. My flavor was cut out "to be revealed later."
In post 16, CheekyTeeky wrote:Is it bad that I townread everyone except RC, Tor and Chickadee?
Most impressive since like half the game hadn't posted yet.
In post 180, Toogeloo wrote:Joke went over too many heads.

Mod did not, nor did I ask, reveal my flavor. I don't know what I am.
In post 1987, Toogeloo wrote:Flavor wise... I "might" be River since, ya know, everyone wants to find her and me taking action would of course make all heads turn my way.
In post 2716, Toogeloo wrote:For the record, I do not have any flavor between the 1 and 2 RR was looking for.

My Role PM is simply...
"You are
[REDACTED]
. You are a
Lightning Rod
[Explanation of Lightning Rod]
. You win when all threats to the Serenity Crew are gone."

I am not Compulsive.

I'll also happily lynch any 3rd party claim, but that's not the same as actively hunting for 3rd party.
That's why I said the problem isn't solely the ignorance, but also the RETICENCE to discuss the matter. It's the attitude they approached that line of questioning with; evasion, then a claim of being afraid of being modkilled, then finally posting *something* that corresponds exactly to the sample role pm given. The last part is immaterial, but the fact that the conversation didn't start with that is a red flag to us.
In post 3258, Light Ethos wrote:
In post 3237, Reasonably Rational wrote:Their reticence and lack of the (as we view it) possibly clearing awareness displayed by cheeky, jingles, and
chara
makes them more likely to be scum than town.
Can you expand on Chara here?
I'd need to go look through their quotes, but they did definitely act as though they had seen the same thing jingles saw; reevaluation in depth is necessary to gauge how strongly I should townread them as a result of those posts however. It's important to note that the knowledge displayed by these slots does *not* conftown them; it's a simple logical deduction to look at the only significant interaction we had with flicker, and the critical difference between the sample role PM and the scum flip(that is, the clear warning that town do not have flavor) and realize that there was SOMETHING in at least our role PM that didn't match up and was making us suspicious. In spite of the possibility that observant scum could have faked these reactions, those slots are off the table for lynching today at least.
In post 3269, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3230, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3227, Jingle wrote:
In post 3226, Reasonably Rational wrote:Per the OP. I don't think anything from the comics should be considered likely inspiration for events/roles here, but it's possible.
That's entirely missing the point. The point isn't that they died in the comics. The point is that they were never even referenced in the movie.

The first of the two videos is about the movie. Entirely about the movie.

The characters you are saying make the most sense for the clue don't appear in the movie.

Therefore, said characters are unlikely to be referenced through specifically a clue centered around the movie.

I'm not disputing that the angle of "They're focused on Simon and River, therefore videos of Simon and River." makes sense. I'm arguing that including a video of the portion of the flavor for which the character is conspicuously absent is a shitty way to leave a clue about the character.

Your case is built on two pieces of evidence that I believe to be counterindicative. A result from Chick suggesting NOT HoB and a crumb from NR suggesting HoB.
I disagree with the conclusion that the absence of HoB from the film means the slot can't be HoB.

-Cerb

pedit: Look at Drixx using all the words to say what I was saying. :P
How does that make any sense?
How does what make sense Gamma? I don't entirely understand what you're getting at. The game is based on both the film and the tv show. The use of material from the movie in clues that are clearly focused on characters in both mediums does not mean that a character which interacts with that character in just one medium can't be the subject.
In post 3284, Chickadee wrote:
In post 3274, BuJaber wrote:Chick ask the mod what happens if you cop the same person twice. Do you get new clues or the same ones?
I’ve asked, but regardless of answer, I’m not interested in wasting days to cop people multiple times.

I’m not interested in a tails or a flicker lynch based on reasons provided. I think there’s compelling evidence to suggest tails is town. Even without the results I got, I think their play has been town today.

@RR I also don’t have flavor textin my pm. It’s just [REDACTED], role, explain roll.

Can we all get on a McMenno lynch?
No we can't. See my response to Thor below.

@Thor: Forgot to quote, sorry. I am not hard towning NDS. I am, however, unwilling to vote anywhere that I believe is less likely to find scum than Flicker and Tails, and NDS falls into that category(as does McMenno).

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3252, CheekyTeeky wrote:Iirc these are the only players who haven't claimed in some way:

Chara, Ari, NDS, Tails, Thor.

Wouldn't it be better to lynch in here rather than in a claim that could be Book? Does Book make sense as a glorified VT or did they have a stronger influence in the series?
Book was huge as the show developed, but it depends how A50 wants to weite and balance the game.

It does somewhat make sense to lynch within this grouping, I agree
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:18 am

Tails - You don't get to say that Nico "just flaked". Nico literally crossed into game throwing territory in another game (again; now complete) with the claim of not enough time to play. Suicided out of that game by desperado shooting me. But
intentionally
remained in this game, despite this game being a much heavier load and more time consuming.

What motive explains that?

I understand why you both ignored this the first time around and
then
tried to drop bullshit into the game to get people to believe that Nico just "flaked" but ... that doesn't hold up to any kind of scrutiny.

~D
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Malakittens »

Yeah I read that game nico was in and she posted actual game content and was town
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:28 am

In post 3288, Malakittens wrote:Yeah I read that game nico was in and she posted actual game content and was town
And what did you think of the exit from that game? Obviously I'm going to be biased since that action ended the day and conftowned me which got me killed out of the game, and given the mechanics of that game, I believe it was a significant factor in the town's loss.

~D
Show

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Chickadee »

Got an answer back. If I cop someone twice, I will get the same results. They were picked before the signups started.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:14 am

In post 3193, ruru wrote:
votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Tails (5):
Reasonably Rational (2914),Flicker (2952),Chara (3104),Malakittens (3110),Elsa Jay (3182),
Light Ethos (3):
Nancy Drew Shogunate (2814),Chickadee (2988),BuJaber (3058),
BuJaber (3):
CheekyTeeky (3060),Tails (3066),Gamma Emerald (3113),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (1):
Thor665 (2092),
Chickadee (1):
Toogeloo (2872),
CheekyTeeky (1):
Light Ethos (2985),
Not voting (2):
Aristophanes (2912),Jingle (3143),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
Light Ethos and Bujaber, in the interest of preserving your own lives, I highly recommend that you vote Tails.

Thanks.

-Cerb
Show

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I think I'd rather vote Flicker than tails, from a contribution PoV. Also I take back the McMenno wagon being a good idea. Thor, let's get it started.

VOTE: NDS
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

hey there, sorry I've been absent

-tor
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Chickadee »

We don't think that Priest is Book?

I refuse to be on Flicker or Tails wagons today. I just want it on the record. I'm not going, not even to consolidate.

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:47 am

who did tails replace in for?

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:50 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3293, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:hey there, sorry I've been absent

-tor
:/ great timing.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:52 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3294, Chickadee wrote:We don't think that Priest is Book?

I refuse to be on Flicker or Tails wagons today. I just want it on the record. I'm not going, not even to consolidate.
That's fine but I think Light Ethos/McMenno should be left today too.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 3295, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:who did tails replace in for?
NicoRobin.
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:58 am

In post 3296, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 3293, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:hey there, sorry I've been absent

-tor
:/ great timing.
yeah that looked beetlejuiced didn't it. do I beetlejuice as scum, though? or at all? what do you think?

nancy was upset that I'm not posting, I promised to do it yesterday but worked til late and didn't, so I dragged my ass to do it now. I'm not in the mood for mafia lately and I don't wanna read much. my thoughts on this game are scattered and old, and honestly the mafiascum format makes players like jingle and thor just much better than me when it comes to solving anything.

why are you voting us, cheeky?

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”