Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

think I'm ready to lock that in

OKAY

RC/Sakura T1
BrianSkies/ChibiQT T2
Shortaru/DVa T3
Sircakez/Moment T4

Everyone else is free to pair with whoever their heart desires.

:]
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:49 pm

that said any LLD pairings are getting powerlynched so, just, like, don't :P
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 pm

Also quick side note in case I have to make it
I am 100% confident that lynching upwards wins us the game
I am not 100% confident that there's no town in that townblock and I'd actually say that there's fairly decent odds of exactly 1 and even the possibility of 2 (Sircakez/DVa)
just trust the process. the process works. you can hate me forever if it's wrong and in the leftovers idc who you lynch and when but trust the p r o c e s s
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:54 pm

remember everyone else -> 4 -> 3 is a win :]

now go forth and pair with whoever you think is cute or something
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:12 am

Post by Firebringer »

holy shit 2 other people in this game live in vegas!
I live in vegas too :O

this is now a vegas mafia game.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1475, RadiantCowbells wrote:think I'm ready to lock that in

OKAY

RC/Sakura T1
BrianSkies/ChibiQT T2
Shortaru/DVa T3
Sircakez/Moment T4

i want brian skies
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1461, MariaR wrote:give me a bit to think on that then
pedit: HELL NO
wtf WHY NOT
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1480, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1475, RadiantCowbells wrote:think I'm ready to lock that in

OKAY

RC/Sakura T1
BrianSkies/ChibiQT T2
Shortaru/DVa T3
Sircakez/Moment T4

i want brian skies
Too late ;)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Who wants to dance with me. I'll give you free food
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Unless you're LLD. Then you get nothing and like it
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:51 am

Post by SirCakez »

Another 15 pages I'm dead
Can I not be paired with my top scumread ty
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:03 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1057, DVa wrote:Hey Cakez, can you expand on the nature of your reads for these 4 players: LLD, Fire, Shortaru, and Karma?

Are your reads for those players based on tone or based on content? Can you point to the posts that are townie for LLD and Fire, and the posts that you see as most scummy for Shortaru and Karma?
LLD and Fire are a mix of meta and tone, though I think Fire could possibly be faking his "idon'tgiveashit" playstyle here so that's not very strong.
Shortaru's constant awkwardness and "IDK what to do" feels like fish-out-of-water scum, but I could also be wrong here, kinda losing confidence on this scumread.
Karma's ISO is just terrible which I mentioned earlier. I can grab some posts after I finish catchup.
In post 1168, RadiantCowbells wrote:people are really fucking awful about how they approach people that they can't read, scumreading them no matter what they do if they're town and have to legitimately scumhunt, and it ruins mafia.
This is why I just throw up my hands and let other people do the work for me on certain players i;e sakura
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:04 am

Post by FakeGod »

Happy Halloween, everyone!
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:12 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1217, MariaR wrote:Cakez say yes to me so we can lurk out and not have to read the rest of this ty.
Can I do this instead of Moment @RC
In post 1304, RadiantCowbells wrote:i just wanted to see who would react scummy to it and sircakez reacted scummy to it i think
eyyy this is happening
In post 1346, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I thought on this a little bit, and ran some game digging on one of the games I about to reference.
Say hello to the newest product developed my Gamma’s Mafia Theorycraft Enterprises, the Scumblock Buster!

So recall how I said “RC’s Deplorables”? That was based on a funny moment from The Thing Mafia. It became a code name for a group going against the main town leader/s. Here’s the thing: both times I’ve chronicled a major case of it, scum was inside that group opposing the town leader.
The thing Mafia: Andrius, ErrantParabola, and MoI were scum in the group
Large 203: Nosferatu and mulch* were part of the group
So I’m concluding that among LLD’s rogues gallery is at least one mafia.
Holy shit I can't believe anyone still remembers this game :D

I have to reevaluate LLD after that rage posting. That's typical of her as scum isn't it?
5 more pages to go
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:13 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 1486, SirCakez wrote:Shortaru's constant awkwardness and "IDK what to do" feels like fish-out-of-water scum, but I could also be wrong here, kinda losing confidence on this scumread.
I mean, considering the differences between this game and Mafia, I pretty much ALL a fish out of water. I'm trying to familiarize myself with forum based Mafia, then I stumble into something that turns into what could be considered a cousin to the game at best? Yeah, I'm kinda lost.

But why would that make me scum?
Does this post forward a scum win con, or do you just think I'm strange?

Strange != Scum
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:18 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1390, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 996, Brian Skies wrote:I don't think scum Sakura opens the game saying she doesn't expect to be in a T-T pair and then picks Kokichi to the dance (and Kokichi getting stood up in a previous dance, or claiming to, does play a factor into my read here). I think Sakura mostly didn't want to get left out, and her outburst yelling at Kokichi not to accept her invitation so she can die without even trying for a different dance partner further makes me think this. I haven't really thought much deeper than this other than just not seeing scum motivation in her actions thus far (and I've indicated this on at least one occasion this game).

is my direct response to the question Sakura posed in , to which RC actually explained in .

I didn't include Sakura in my readslist beacuse I don't think she's scum and even if she is, I consider it RC's problem now. Like, her goal this game has been what, to not get excluded and not even try for an endgame pairing? Why would I think this is scum?

Right now, the goal should be making other T-T pairs. I've been withholding a lot of my thoughts because I have no intention of even accepting a dance partner (unless RC just really really wants a specific flip to comment on before scum potentially nightkill him). Also, in my opinion, RC should figure out what his most towniest second T-T pairing is (which is the one he's working on right now) and then work with said pair to set the game up in a way that best suits whichever of the two pairs doesn't get nightkilled.

Regarding Kokichi, the reason I don't think he's scum is that I felt he was a little enthused to see Sakura ask him to the dance, and I feel like my explanation to him regarding her proposal may have taken some of the wind out of his sails. Of course, I have since realized that it's possible he's scum here who wanted to shoot down the Sakura invitation so he could get a better endgame pairing, but I just don't really think that's the case.

this is i think an 100% locktown post
This was also the post that made me put Brian into town lean FYI
shortaru wrote:
In post 1486, SirCakez wrote:Shortaru's constant awkwardness and "IDK what to do" feels like fish-out-of-water scum, but I could also be wrong here, kinda losing confidence on this scumread.
I mean, considering the differences between this game and Mafia, I pretty much ALL a fish out of water. I'm trying to familiarize myself with forum based Mafia, then I stumble into something that turns into what could be considered a cousin to the game at best? Yeah, I'm kinda lost.

But why would that make me scum?
B/c I feel like awk new scum are more likely to post a lot of weird things to "appear active", if that makes sense. But I don't really know you as a player so that could be wrong. RC's strong townread on you has me worried.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:23 am

Post by ChibiBear »

Happy Halloween! :twisted:
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:23 am

Post by SirCakez »

@DVA:
Karma: pretty much his entire ISO, I just went in to try to grab some posts but there were too many. just tons of useless posts and spam.
Fire:
Spoiler:
In post 52, Firebringer wrote:Come on people this is like pregame no serious business

This is for shit posts and trolling only
In post 108, Firebringer wrote:
In post 105, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:It really will not be hard.

I promise if you pair out of order or early to spite us we will lynch you because it's anti-town. I don't care if you decide to do it as town as some kind of "message that yuo can't control people"

The fact is you don't need to flip mafia to be working for the scum.
Ur not controlling me

Ur not controlling anyone.

I ain’t ur sub

I don’t particularly care about being anti town and you know that so why we having this discussion, do you really think YOU can intimidate me?
In post 125, Firebringer wrote:
In post 121, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You're a pretty big VI.
I am a village intelligent, thank you
In post 345, Firebringer wrote:Why are people shitting on me this game?
I expect LLD but the rest of you, really?
In post 352, Firebringer wrote:Actually I expect Maria to do it too.

I am hurt by cakes and I am unsure what to think of Sakura here, I am not sure why she is one dimensionally reading me

LLD:
Spoiler:
In post 92, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 8, RadiantCowbells wrote:Most importantly I'd like there two be at least two unquestionably TvT pairings that don't include me and I'd like to dance with ideally low priority nightkill town as well
My thoughts on this setup after playing it the first time is that we should go for

3 pairings of the most townie people with townie people (one is gonna die to scum's nightkill, and if we rely too heavily on being right for sure on the other one we can be screwed. Odds are we find at least one T+T pairing in the remaining 2).

Then we pair the remaining groups wiht the following values in mind:

Most townie remaining Lady -> Least Townie remaining Gent

by definition it'll create some TvT pairings but I think more importantly, it allows for us to put high trust targets with low trust targets. I also considered doing like 3 bad with bads for them to agree to die, but basically we need to have pairings where we can read them while also relying that there is a solid town person able to leave the dance if necessary.
In post 93, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:We absolutely can control people's pairings. If you pair out of order, you die via lynch. Prerogative of the town. It takes two to tango, which means if you pair out of order, then two people agreed to do awful thing and that icnreases the odds at least one of you is scum.

So yeah, death for anyone who pairs early or pairs outside plan.
In post 105, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 100, Firebringer wrote:
In post 93, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:We absolutely can control people's pairings. If you pair out of order, you die via lynch. Prerogative of the town. It takes two to tango, which means if you pair out of order, then two people agreed to do awful thing and that icnreases the odds at least one of you is scum.

So yeah, death for anyone who pairs early or pairs outside plan.
Good luck with that
It really will not be hard.

I promise if you pair out of order or early to spite us we will lynch you because it's anti-town. I don't care if you decide to do it as town as some kind of "message that yuo can't control people"

The fact is you don't need to flip mafia to be working for the scum. :)
In post 157, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 151, Moment wrote:LLD, would you mind explaining to me what's "obviously scum" about Karmeleon's response in ?
It misrepresents my point.

My point was his early posts and reactions were bad and tonally sounded like I've explained before. Then, I had a moment of pause, considering his join date (similar to Shotoko or whatveer you spell it).

So I asked if he was a hydra or alt, to determine whether he was new or experienced.

His line here suggests I am asking it based on some kind of inane reason that isn't relevant, so it's dodging the actual accusation, clearly that I was aiming for his experience level, in favour of trying to subvert the issue.

On its own, no one post is scum, but the reaction+tone+further posting once I began to lock him as scum in my mind has continued to line up.

I even mentioned that one of the posts looks bad but is likely alignment non indicative, but the other one looks scum. I think the words I used were "we are getting a preponderance of the evidence that this person is scum". Basically I'm saying "his posts add up to this, no one post is the single reason, but he has a ton of bad posts here is why they are bad".

Does this translate?
In post 158, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 156, Moment wrote:
In post 154, shortaru wrote:Breeding apathy, no spice... why do you townread that post?
"Breeding apathy"? I think your thoughts of how scum play are far too grand. I think very infrequently do scum actually have some kind of master plan like that, and even if they did I sincerely doubt that it would take the form of a single two line post among a sea of other spam. I think if you consider the mindset behind that post, it shows an element of frustration; Brian thinks that one or more of us are being stupid and doesn't exactly want to jump into the thread. Dealing with people who you think are being stupid is often a chore as town, but as scum can give you the opportunity to be LAMIST, to over-explain things, and to basically write a lot of words without really having to come up with anything truly difficult to come up with.

Of course, I wouldn't place a huge amount of strength into a read based on that single post, but in a vacuum I'd say it's more likely to come from town that scum. At the very least, I don't think your reasons for scumreading it are particularly reliable.

Ok, first off my dude?

Dude joined the site like 2 weeks ago and I don't know his experience level but "I think your thoughts of how scum play are far too grand" is like, not helpful.

Second off, he's right and you're wrong. Scum plan, scum plot, scum have intentions and attack vectors.

Intentionality and motivation are a huge part of finding scum and rooting them out and the fact that you think that scum creating apathy isn't a weapon in their arsenal, let alone one of their best ones in a game mode like this, then boy have I got a bridge in brooklyn I'd love to sell you.

Short:
Spoiler:
In post 1393, shortaru wrote:
In post 1385, DVa wrote:
In post 1378, shortaru wrote:Honestly, I'm just like... >< this close to simply replacing it because the way DVa talks about me is pretty shitty.
You're competing with Karmeleon, Brian Skies, and Dunn dude

don't take it personally
Honestly, that doesn't excuse talking about me like that but idc.

I'm just here to point and click vote.
In post 1365, shortaru wrote:
In post 1342, DVa wrote:
In post 272, shortaru wrote:RadiantCowbells - duh
Gamma Emerald - I think town?
Dunnstral - scummy
Karmeleon - meh
SirCakez - scummy (or is it just grouchy?)

MariaR - towny, would dance
DVa - Radiant says town, so town
Moment - towny, would dance
Sakura Hana - towny would dance (but alas, she has her sights elsewhere)
Firebringer - I can't get a read on this... everything in me screams scum, but wtf would scum be so blatant for?
Lady Lambdadelta - scummy
what here has changed short?
TBH, I'm not even working on my reads much this game because I'm just doing what I'm told IRT lynches and whatnot.

Radiant says you're town, so I'm just gonna tag along with your votes after he is dead.
In post 1314, shortaru wrote:I mean, I hate suicides but at the same time LLD is just sowing chaos.
In post 1256, shortaru wrote:Radiant, it's not that I don't your read on Chibi... I just think that it would be better for the game if she actually townread her partner.

I'll pair with whomever you want, just voicing my concerns.

ye I'm definitely less sure on short scum after that ISO
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
shortaru
shortaru
Mafia Scum
shortaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:25 am

Post by shortaru »

In post 1490, SirCakez wrote:B/c I feel like awk new scum are more likely to post a lot of weird things to "appear active", if that makes sense. But I don't really know you as a player so that could be wrong. RC's strong townread on you has me worried.
I'm used to much faster games because I used to play mafia IRL before I moved, so I'm a bit antsy in general at the lack in activity in comparison.
Does this post forward a scum win con, or do you just think I'm strange?

Strange != Scum
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:36 am

Post by Princess Celestia »

In post 1044, Malakittens wrote:Explain the scum read on me.

Please don’t say tone.
Overreactions and victim complex.
In post 1045, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1037, Princess Celestia wrote: Dunnstral/Cakez/Karmeleon/shotaru are all people I either lean mafia on or have had a very hard time to read and so I find it interesting those four are in Moment’s town group. I am not sure the reasons for these reads as it doesn’t seem that Moment actually explains them at all.
Princess Celestia wrote:I believe the most likely scum are Dunnstral, MariaR, and Malakittens.

I believe the most clearly town are Sakura, Firebringer, and Brian Skies.
Why did your read on Shortaru change?
Where did I say it changed? I said that group contained people I either leaned mafia on
or
had a very hard time to read. Shortaru is a person who I cannot read because he is hard to read so I left him there. I am confused. Did you not read my post?
In post 1055, DVa wrote:
In post 1037, Princess Celestia wrote:Page 26
MariaR getting involved here is not good and she is attacking our confirmed town RadiantCowbells. Whereas Sakura Hana’s emotional and upset response seems due to maturity levels, I believe MariaR’s responses are from more mafia places because there is no emotion and no motivation for MariaR to get involved with an argument against our town leader.
Page 27-28
Not much except this plan for 4 pairs and I do not understand much but I will follow because smarter people know this set up clearly!
Page 29
I start to worry with so many people calling people “locked” town that someone here has to be wrong but everyone is speaking with such confidence and authority that it is hard to tell who is overestimating their abilities :\ I do not want to follow any “locked” reads I would like everyone to have open reads and think that they could be changed or maybe aren’t 100% correct when the game hasn’t even begun
So Celestia I'm curious about this section of your catchup post. First, Maria is a very capable player and I'm not townreading her atm, so I don't feel I'm biased against your position. But I also am curious about your reasoning here. First you say that Maria is "attacking our confirmed town RC" -- but I don't get this impression from what she's saying on page 26. Can you be specific or quote the posts you felt were unfair criticisms?

Second, you later on page 29 say that you're concerned about players being locked as town. But in this moment you are *specifically* objecting to Maria being 100% locktown and directly responding to LLD's right? Or do you also disagree with RC's "locktown" reads of me, Sakura, or (not-so-locked?) shortaru?

Celestia, out of the men, who do you have as your strongest townread? Is your scumread of Maria strong enough you would say she should not be paired and excluded from the dance, or do you have another female scumread that is on par with Maria?
I suppose attacking is a bad word to use it was just argument with our confirmed town player that felt bad. It felt very wrong to be spending all that energy debating RC instead of hunting for the scum, especially when there was already debate and noise between RC & Sakura.

I am wary of all locktown reads that do not come from a sherrif's result giving actual confirmation. Lock town to me sounds like arrogance, that is my problem with it.
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:42 am

A lot of people seem really angry.
I still town read Brian Skies and he offered so

Brian Skies would you like to trot with me?
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:43 am

nooo brian abandoned me!
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Townie
Princess Celestia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:45 am

For the gentleponies, Brian is taken... Dunnstral is mafia... RC is taken... and I have very little read on any person that is a gentlemen. The person I woul consider is Kokichi out of that group otherwise please let me just die then because this game is not very fun. A lot of people are angry and shouting. Everyone is arrogant and thinks they are right with little room for making mistakes and everyone just insults everyone else. It's a very mean place
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Pony if you ask I'll accept
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:17 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 1159, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 22, Karmeleon wrote:
In post 5, SirCakez wrote:I'm busy today so y'all better not spam to 50 billion pages
How could we possibly spam this?
I find this disturbing from the person with the most posts, second most being the IC
Seriously, you shouldn't be disturbed I got the most posts here

atleast until this post

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”