Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4025 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:29 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4023, CheekyTeeky wrote:Math have you read the claims/softs lists? This game can be broken on flavour, which is confirmed by town role PMs having their specific characters redacted.
Skimmed some. Like I said I am at work.

~~Math
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4017, RightKnight wrote:Were they all a part of the crew at the same time?
Kind of. All of them were crew for the majority of the TV series simultaneously. There were deaths, *spoilers*, and a couple of people had episodes where they left and came back. Also, the flipped vengeful tried to sell out the crew once.

Bester was the previous engineer from before the series started (Kaylee took his job because he was an incompetent tool), and Mr. Universe was THE ally, but never actually a member of the crew. Anyone else who supported the ship was reluctant, unreliable, or downright antagonistic at some point.

During the movie, 2 characters aren't initially part of the crew, but are still explicitly aligned with them.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Jingle »

Ah. Grabbing relevant posts.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 0, Almost50 wrote:3- There are multiple killing mechanics in this game. To mitigate swing; this public mechanic will apply: A maximum of TWO players of the same faction can die in the same cycle (D1/N1, D2/N2, etc). In the case where more than 2 players are set to die in the same cycle the one(s) that go though are determined through a pre-set process that shall be revealed post-game.

4- The game ends when either all threats to town have been eliminated or all town members have been eliminated.
In post 3785, Jingle wrote:Presumably we're at 8v1v1v(Some grouping of the remaining 3).
I could find where I talk about the why, but I believe the most likely scenarios are a group of three antitown including EJ or additional roles like Thor's to make up the remainder. I'm also fairly certain that we've run out of benevolent or possibly benevolent 3p roles.

I explicitly believe the Lyncher claim, because who the fuck fakeclaims lyncher on Town.

I also explicitly believe my presence as someone who will go out of his way to allow 3p players the mutual win has made the balance to this game wonky.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Jingle »

Flips, collected.
In post 1937, Almost50 wrote:
Spoiler:
Almost50 wrote:
Hello
TPFKAP

You are Lawrence Dobson, an undercover Union of Allied Planets agent in pursuit of Simon and River Tam. You know that mysterious pair going by “Hands of Blue” are also in pursuit of the Tam siblings on behalf of the Union, but they are not notified of your identity. You are immune to
your own faction's kill
. If both HoB players die you inherit their kill.

You win when the Serenity crew are eliminated or nothing can stop that from happening.

To make it simple: You are a Traitor aligned with the HoB.

Important: To avoid flavour gaming; Town players have NOT been given their flavour.

"Simon Tam, you are ordered by law to stand down."
In post 3699, Almost50 wrote:
Spoiler:
Almost50 wrote:
Hello
Light Ethos
&
Player Name 2

You are The "Hands of Blue", going by (Hands of Blue 1 & Hands of Blue 2). You are contractors to the Union of Allied Planets and are in pursuit of River and Simon Tam. You kill without mercy using a sonic device that induces massive bleeding from every orifice. You both are Jailkeepers, but the same person can't JK and kill at the same night, and
if you both target each other with the Jailkeep both your actions will fail
. You are also aware that there's an undercover Union of Allied Planets agent working on the same mission, but you don't know who they are (it means
the 3rd member of your team is a Traitor
). You win when the Serenity crew are eliminated (i.e. all town-aligned players are dead) or nothing can stop that from happening.

Important: To avoid flavour gaming; Town players have NOT been given their flavour.

TWO BY TWO, HANDS OF BLUE.

Here is your Hands of Blue/Union of Allied Planets PT.
In post 3698, Almost50 wrote:
Spoiler: Redacted Version
Hello
Aristophanes

You are [full flavour will be revealed upon your flip or at the end of the game], a member of the Serenity crew. You are
Vengeful
. If you are lynched, you may kill any other player as you die. If you are hammered PM me with the name of your target. If you are getting close to a lynch and wish to send in a PM before twilight, you may do so. If the lynch doesn’t go through, the target will not be binding on future days.

You win when all threats to Serenity and its crew have been eliminated.

Spoiler: Full Flavoured Version
Almost50 wrote:
Hello
Aristophanes

You are
Jayne Cobb, Serenity’s hired muscle. You have a twitchy trigger finger and a mean temper.
You are
Vengeful
. If you are lynched, you may kill any other player as you die. If you are hammered PM me with the name of your target. If you are getting close to a lynch and wish to send in a PM before twilight, you may do so. If the lynch doesn’t go through, the target will not be binding on future days.

You win when all threats to Serenity and its crew have been eliminated.

"Time for some thrilling heroics."
In post 3700, Almost50 wrote:
Spoiler:
Almost50 wrote:
Hello
Thor665

You are a Reaver. Each night you may target one other player and torment them to the point where they die of fear. You have a 2-shot Commuter ability though so you may use that if you don't want to kill on any given night.

You win when
all other players are dead
or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Important: There is a chance the game may end before you can accomplish your mission, so choose your victims wisely.

Even more important: To avoid flavour gaming; Town players have NOT been given their flavour.

“I ain’t going over there with them bodies. No rutting way. Not if Reavers messed with ‘em.”
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:46 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3700, Almost50 wrote:Important: There is a chance the game may end before you can accomplish your mission, so choose your victims wisely.
Guys what is this????
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:47 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

If the HoB get River it could be game over.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Jingle »

Uhhh. The answer to how there's an SK with Rule #4.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Jingle »

No, if all town die the game is over.

If all town die and there are still HoB, Thor is not the last man standing, therefore he loses. That was A50 not being a dick and warning him.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:52 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Oh so it's a balance thing. Poor Thor.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Jingle »

Yeah, that role is hard AF. Kinda wish I'd had it.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I kind of think the way we're going and with scum having to guess if we have a protective or not is actually better for town. If we massclaim and we find

A) we have no doc - just the BG
B) we out a protective

Then scum have no reason not to shoot whoever they please. I trust RR on Tails and either way we learn more about the setup/chicks clues with his flip.

I think it's really only beneficial to scum to massclaim at this point.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Jingle »

I understand your position. However, being as you are one of the unclaimed players, you have a severe bias to be taken into account. Which is why I'm specifically looking for Flicker/Chick/Gamma/Toog's opinions.
This is a Parachute.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4037, Jingle wrote:I understand your position. However, being as you are one of the unclaimed players, you have a severe bias to be taken into account. Which is why I'm specifically looking for Flicker/Chick/Gamma/Toog's opinions.
Why would you need Gamma’s opinion if you’re masons? Wouldn’t you know from the mason PT if you’re masons?

And how would Gamma be unclaimed?

~~Castle
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

That would kind of require Gamma to be posting in the mason PT. I'm pretty sure the last post in there was before daystart.

Also, none of the players I listed as caring about their opinions are unclaimed.
This is a Parachute.
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4039, Jingle wrote:That would kind of require Gamma to be posting in the mason PT. I'm pretty sure the last post in there was before daystart.

Also, none of the players I listed as caring about their opinions are unclaimed.
I blame trying to work through pain.

Derp.

~~Math
~ Alan Watts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Jingle »

Nvm, I posted yesterday. We have one post in the mason PT since day start.

I should go back to talking about inane nonsense in there so A50 can join in.

Also, for the record, A50 has refused all attempts to get him to flip me as Queen Latifah.
This is a Parachute.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 4030, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 3700, Almost50 wrote:Important: There is a chance the game may end before you can accomplish your mission, so choose your victims wisely.
Guys what is this????
Seems like typical SK reminder.

If Mafia ever outnumbers the remaining town players, it's usually just an end game scenario since Mafia controls the lynches, and barring magic bullet shenanigans, can usually win the eventual numbers game. SKs can only win by being the last man standing, so some reduction in other team numbers is always of importance to their game.

Given the HoB and Traitor flip wincons, it's a fairly reasonable possibility that even though any non-town factions are not technically aligned, they do likely possess the ability to win with each other once all crew members are dead, which makes it even more imperative that SK scum hunt to ensure their win con goes unimpeded.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

So, if I were to believe every claim as being true, my setup speculation would be as follows...

Venger - Jayne (likes to harm)
Rod - River (everyone wants her)
Mason - Wash (married)
Mason - Zoe (married)
BG - Simon (protection)
Priest - Book (prefers not to harm)
Enabler - Kaylee (keeps the ship running)
Cop - Mr Universe (watches streams on everything in the verse)
Hider - Inara (prostitute, so she would be spending nights with people)
??? - Malcom Reynolds

HoB1 - Team 1
HoB2 - Team 1
Traitor - HoB aligned

Reaver - SK

Lyncher - Niska

Slot 16 and 17... unknown...

When I rodded on Night 1, it's fairly reasonable to assume that at least one HoB was using their J/K role, which would account for my not dying Night 1. I think otherwise, it's a fairly power-lite game.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

If I were to guess on the final two slots though... possibly another town member in Badger, and Independent Faction possibilities of Saffron and/or The Operative all seem reasonable as somewhat major characters.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 4037, Jingle wrote:I understand your position. However, being as you are one of the unclaimed players, you have a severe bias to be taken into account. Which is why I'm specifically looking for Flicker/Chick/Gamma/Toog's opinions.
I'd rather not mass claim today. I feel like the remaining vagueness is potentially benefiting town just enough to leave it until tomorrow (even though that could give scum more time to craft a plausible fake-claim).

But, being one of the least experienced players here, I don't think my opinion should have much weight, TBH. Press the other three to weigh in, and if you agree to a mass claim, I'm good with it.

Pedit: Badger as town makes no sense, and I think the lyncher is more likely to be the Operative. Especially because I don't think Niska would have redacted flavor, per the mod's guiding principle that "if they claimed their flavor they'd be in trouble."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think I’d rather let what RK enables stay hidden for now
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Malakittens »

:(
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4048 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

wat
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4049 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Flicker »

Niska +
big guy that gets kicked into the engine
Crow* seem like a good duo for another (the other?) scum team, 16 + 17. Of course, this relies on Tails being Simon and a bodyguard, which, if I'm a priest which is super-obvious for my flavor, why would Simon
not
be a doctor?

In fact, Crow seems like a perfect role to be a bodyguard to me, except it makes about 0 sense with the flavor copping.

Still, I'm tempted to claim intent to L-1 Tails so we can get this flip over with. I'm not going to, because we should probably use at least 48 hours more of this day in case we're wrong, but I wanna.

*(I just remembered! I'm so proud of myself for not having to rely on the wiki for this! I promise I've been a huge fan for many, many years, though. :lol: )

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”