Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 825, Tails wrote:RR made note that Thor was acting more like his scum self in that game, so maybe not? Also, I think we have a few more strong personalities in this game.
To be more exact, Drixx noted that Thor was being scummy because of some obvious insincere posting/BoP type posting on Thor's part, where he pushed things that he really should have known better than to push were he town. I haven't seen scum!thor outside of that game though, I don't believe, so this head at least can't say whether the rest of his play was in line with what we should expect from scum!thor.

With regards to having less presence than I did in Overkill 1...that might be accurate? I've been reading a lot while not at a PC, and haven't seen many things that needed to be commented on, so I just haven't bothered. *shrug*

-Cerb

pedit: If there's a mechanical way you can prove yourself as town, DrewVa, you shouldn't be hinting about it now. And if there ISN'T a mechanical way to prove yourself as town, there is no way to do so, which means by hinting at the existence of such a thing you've set expectations for your slot that you can't fulfill and guaranteed that you will be lynched at some point if the game goes on long enough.
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:22 am

In post 823, BuJaber wrote:
In post 804, Tails wrote:
In post 757, BuJaber wrote: I expect more activity from creature,
thor, RR
, CT.
Both Thor and RR have posted every day. Was there more you were expecting there? Were you expecting uber posting?
They both took a commanding role in overkill 1.
Granted Thor was SK so perhaps not the best comparison but I assume he was playing similar to how he would as town. I've never been SK just seems like the right way to play it.
We always take a commanding role, regardless of alignment. We don't always do it in the early parts of day one in a very large game. We also don't always ignore relatives in town for major holidays (I've had family over for a week already, for example).

Also ... we've already put out at least two solid rationales for why Hebichan and Drewva are looking quite bad from things they posted this game. I'm not sure how much more other people are "commanding" the game atm? I see a lot of people ignoring or hand waving away Hebichan's lying and by some bizarre twist of reasoning, nearly everyone seems to think Nancy's histrionics and circular reasoning are a reason to town read the Drewva hydra.

Not sure what more you want here bud. Maybe be a bit more specific?

~D

Happy Thanksgiving to all the {Insert correct terminology here}™
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:25 am

In post 825, Tails wrote:RR made note that Thor was acting more like his scum self in that game, so maybe not? Also, I think we have a few more strong personalities in this game.
LOL. No. I flat out told the game that Thor was scum and Thor was scum. All you need to read Thor is experience playing against him if you are scum and he isn't. Modding a game he plays in will probably help also since you get the outside view. He's terrifying if you're scum and he's town but he has some really deep grooves he tends to stick to as well.

Also maybe I'm giving everyone a really high BoP here because I think somehow nobody else really saw it in OK1? It seems pretty straightforward to me though. He's a bit less active this game than I'd like, but the early trend seems very much town on him, if you're wondering. I still have him in the null stack in my mind though. Waiting to see something specific in his posting.

~D
Show

DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:31 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 821, Tails wrote:I started to type Drewva, then thought of a Roomba. I thought it'd be funny, so I typed that instead.
Our original avatar was a tuba.

Spoiler:
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:47 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 830, Fortian wrote:
In post 760, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 758, hebichan wrote:Creature literally said he had a test today.
Same question for you. Do you think Wisdom is a good candidate to push right now?
Hey Pintu, I've been enjoying your posts and thought processes so far! But I am interested in why you imply to hebichan that Wisdom is not a good candidate to push.
In post 767, Tails wrote:
In post 606, Fortian wrote:I disagree that Profii's list makes them town, but I do respect your interpretation. I would argue that a reads list such as that can look like "work" without actually having much effort put into it. And my initial scumread on Profii largely came from their early posts, particularly their first posts appearing to be an attempt to "fit in" rather than natural conversation, as well as their response to me. I do not have feelings as strong in regards to profii's later posts though.
I would think scum would try to make a more complete reads list. That would be looking like work too, but also look like a larger contribution. I didn't see that with profii's list.
Fair point. I think that as either alignment, people will be limited by the amount of effort they want to put in. Whether they are town or scum, profii did not put extra effort beyond what the simple reads list post required (and fair enough tbh). I just don't see the reads list itself as all that relevant to profii's alignment.
In post 779, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 777, Wisdom wrote:gamma talk to us
any reads?
Meh probably not beyond what I’ve described
Given this is multiball barring A50 making a red herring, I’m favoring scumhunting over townhunting rn
Interestingly, we are more inclined to townhunt, but that could more be explained by different styles of play I suppose.

--

I do not explicitly townread profii yet, however I don't feel the same way that I did before.

Time for a new vote.

UNVOTE: profii
VOTE: Chickadee
Why Chick? Chick was scum in Labrynth and she just posted spam, pretty much.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:56 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 850, Reasonably Rational wrote:
To be more exact, Drixx noted that Thor was being scummy because of some obvious insincere posting/BoP type posting on Thor's part, where he pushed things that he really should have known better than to push were he town. I haven't seen scum!thor outside of that game though, I don't believe, so this head at least can't say whether the rest of his play was in line with what we should expect from scum!thor.

With regards to having less presence than I did in Overkill 1...that might be accurate? I've been reading a lot while not at a PC, and haven't seen many things that needed to be commented on, so I just haven't bothered. *shrug*

-Cerb

pedit: If there's a mechanical way you can prove yourself as town, DrewVa, you shouldn't be hinting about it now. And if there ISN'T a mechanical way to prove yourself as town, there is no way to do so, which means by hinting at the existence of such a thing you've set expectations for your slot that you can't fulfill and guaranteed that you will be lynched at some point if the game goes on long enough.
I said specifically,
IF
, if I’m extremely lucky, I never said I could guarantee anything. Chances are good, our slot dies first, though. :/

Because this game started out so bad for us, otherwise I think I could have possibly had a significant impact on it.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:59 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 851, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 823, BuJaber wrote:
In post 804, Tails wrote:
In post 757, BuJaber wrote: I expect more activity from creature,
thor, RR
, CT.
Both Thor and RR have posted every day. Was there more you were expecting there? Were you expecting uber posting?
They both took a commanding role in overkill 1.
Granted Thor was SK so perhaps not the best comparison but I assume he was playing similar to how he would as town. I've never been SK just seems like the right way to play it.
We always take a commanding role, regardless of alignment. We don't always do it in the early parts of day one in a very large game. We also don't always ignore relatives in town for major holidays (I've had family over for a week already, for example).

Also ... we've already put out at least two solid rationales for why Hebichan and Drewva are looking quite bad from things they posted this game. I'm not sure how much more other people are "commanding" the game atm? I see a lot of people ignoring or hand waving away Hebichan's lying and by some bizarre twist of reasoning, nearly everyone seems to think Nancy's histrionics and circular reasoning are a reason to town read the Drewva hydra.

Not sure what more you want here bud. Maybe be a bit more specific?

~D

Happy Thanksgiving to all the {Insert correct terminology here}™
What is the scum motivation for hebi to have referenced Wisdom’s Dragon-something game?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:01 am

Post by DrewVa »

P.edit Drixx, I think you’re being kind of mean to me here. Please stop it. Thanks.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:16 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 852, Reasonably Rational wrote:
LOL. No. I flat out told the game that Thor was scum and Thor was scum. All you need to read Thor is experience playing against him if you are scum and he isn't. Modding a game he plays in will probably help also since you get the outside view. He's terrifying if you're scum and he's town but he has some really deep grooves he tends to stick to as well.

Also maybe I'm giving everyone a really high BoP here because I think somehow nobody else really saw it in OK1? It seems pretty straightforward to me though. He's a bit less active this game than I'd like, but the early trend seems very much town on him, if you're wondering. I still have him in the null stack in my mind though. Waiting to see something specific in his posting.

~D
I have no experience playing with town!Thor but I’m not currently seeing anything similar from him in this game, as compared with Overkill 1.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:22 am

In post 857, DrewVa wrote:P.edit Drixx, I think you’re being kind of mean to me here. Please stop it. Thanks.
You're wrong. Mafia is a game of rhetoric. If you can't handle people
accurately
describing your posting/actions, then that's on you ... not on us/them. Only YOU can control your behavior. Trying to bully other people into pretending you are not doing the bad things you are doing is actually even
worse
than what you did in the first place. You need to engage in some self reflection, especially if you think that I, of all people, am having a personal go at you.

~D
Show

DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:30 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 859, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 857, DrewVa wrote:P.edit Drixx, I think you’re being kind of mean to me here. Please stop it. Thanks.
You're wrong. Mafia is a game of rhetoric. If you can't handle people
accurately
describing your posting/actions, then that's on you ... not on us/them. Only YOU can control your behavior. Trying to bully other people into pretending you are not doing the bad things you are doing is actually even
worse
than what you did in the first place. You need to engage in some self reflection, especially if you think that I, of all people, am having a personal go at you.

~D
No, YOU need to do that. I think you are a good person but are more often than not sometimes really insensitive. If you can’t be nice to me, just let Cerb talk to me then.

I never fake my emotions, so your mischaracterization of them is hurtful to me.

If you won’t stop this particular line of criticism or let Cerb deal with me, I will replace out. I’m not going to continue to put up with that.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:34 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Awww this is the part that I didn't miss from this place. Shut the hell up both of you and focus on the game. @Nancy I believe you when you say you're not faking your emotions, that has nothing to do with the game itself, you could be frustrated either as town or as scum. But Drixx is not saying the opposite
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:42 am

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 26 alive it takes 14 to lynch.

RCEnigma (3):
Thor665 (61),BuJaber (262),Tails (477),
BuJaber (3):
DrippingGoofball (609),Varsoon (614),Majiffy (631),
DrewVa (3):
BrightEyedFish (192),Gamma Emerald (268),Wisdom (652),
hebichan (2):
Reasonably Rational (57),CheekyTeeky (69),
Wisdom (2):
hebichan (435),DrewVa (651),
Majiffy (1):
Malakitty (42),
DrippingGoofball (1):
davesaz (56),
BrightEyedFish (1):
Alchemist21 (386),
Reasonably Rational (1):
profii (407),
CheekyTeeky (1):
Alonzo (440),
profii (1):
pinturicchio (450),
Thor665 (1):
Amzela (784),
Chickadee (1):
Fortian (830),
Not voting (5):
Creature,Toogeloo,Chickadee,Flavor Leaf (416),RCEnigma (438),

(expired on 2018-12-04 02:30:00) remain.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:44 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 861, pinturicchio wrote:Awww this is the part that I didn't miss from this place. Shut the hell up both of you and focus on the game. @Nancy I believe you when you say you're not faking your emotions, that has nothing to do with the game itself, you could be frustrated either as town or as scum. But Drixx is not saying the opposite
I know he’s not scumreading me based on that but that isn’t the point. I don’t appreciate him using terms like “histrionics” to describe my feelings. Yes, I am not suggesting that I should automatically be townread for that, only that my emotions are always genuine.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:02 am

In post 861, pinturicchio wrote:Awww this is the part that I didn't miss from this place. Shut the hell up both of you and
focus on the game.
@Nancy I believe you when you say you're not faking your emotions, that has nothing to do with the game itself, you could be frustrated either as town or as scum. But Drixx is not saying the opposite
That's what I'm doing mate. Nobody gets to make posts and then try and bully other people into ignoring those posts or pretending they don't exist. Nancy is basically saying this:

"I made bad posts. You aren't allowed to talk about them because it hurts my feelings."

That's just not acceptable. Trying to angle shoot and tell someone they are mean or bad or wrong for just talking about what exists is ridiculous and awful. I am not going out of my way to attack or even saying things unpleasantly here. At the same time, I'm simply not willing to pretend someone (anyone really; doesn't matter to me who it is) didn't do something because they drop ATE in the thread and threaten to replace out if I don't pretend they didn't say/do what they did.

I mean ... Tails waged a "You guys just hate me personally" campaign against Cerb and I in OK1 because he was dead to rights nailed as scum (and neither of us had any prior games with Tails, to our knowledge). People frequently try to make things "personal" on this site in order to try and claim that the person or people suspicious of them are really "out of bounds" because it's "personal" and "mean". It is also worth noting that I've been playing with scum!Nancy quite a lot in the past couple months (Hero's Wanted; Overkill 1 Serenity) and this kind of posting is spot on what she did in both those games.

Now ... as much as I abhor the idea of adults actually believing they are entitled to a "safe space" from WORDS ... and as much as I find that idea patently ridiculous in FORUM MAFIA, a game which gets notoriously heated and emotional at times and which can
ONLY BE PLAYED
through the use of words (formally: Rhetoric) ... I'm really not the type to go out of my way to poke at someone.

@Nancy - I assign a base line Burden of Proficiency to everyone. I also apply the same social contract to everyone. I'm not going to treat you any differently than someone else. This is a game, and if you cannot deal with the consequences of your posts and actions in the game, then I feel really bad about that but I'm not going to further handicap myself by trying to walk on egg shells with you. My sincere advice to you is that you find a way to avoid becoming that emotionally invested. Easier said than done, I know, but necessary not only for forum mafia, but also other endeavors. I sincerely hope you don't run yourself out of this game (because I see nobody else asking you to go or suggesting you should go or be forcibly removed or anything at all to do with you not continuing in fact), but I'm not going to just ignore your play. That is a short path to ruin for this kind of game. We might as well just roll dice and declare winners if we're going to ignore what people do when those same people then dislike the consequences of their words and actions.

That said: Nothing obligates you to keep being obsessed about it. Ignore it and post about other stuff. The only way you get beyond the impact of that earlier posting is to move on. I'm going to continue to be curious why so few people have engaged with it, either way, but that doesn't obligate you to obsess over it. You already responded to me pointing out that your earlier posts employed circular reasoning.

~D

P-Edit: The word histrionics means the following: "exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention." -- You certainly demonstrated exaggerated and dramatic behavior which attracted attention earlier when you were first at L-10 or so. Those words don't mean that you were not being genuine, and I haven't expressed any belief over whether or not you were. What I
did
do is point out that you employed circular reasoning; to wit:

P1: You should be able to hard townread me!
P2: I only overreact to votes when I'm town!

The problem is that you hadn't yet overreacted to the votes at the time the person you claimed should town read you for overreacting voted for you. It just goes in a circle. And you're quite smart enough to know that you have a reputation for dramatic posts when you are being voted ... so there's a legitimate concern when you employ circular reasoning demonstrating your clear awareness of your own meta.
Show

pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:06 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 863, DrewVa wrote: I know he’s not scumreading me based on that but that isn’t the point. I don’t appreciate him using terms like “histrionics” to describe my feelings. Yes, I am not suggesting that I should automatically be townread for that, only that my emotions are always genuine.
Maybe we understand differently the word "histrionic" in this context. What do you feel he's saying with that word? 'Cause, as far as I know, being histrionic is not intrinsically bad
p-edit: yeah RR defined histrionics as I know it is, and being dramatic is a personality treat, not a disorder or anything like that. My girlfriend is the most dramatic person I've ever known and it's fun, it's like living in a movie
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:08 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 854, DrewVa wrote:
Spoiler: could have snipped, instead just spoiled
In post 830, Fortian wrote:
In post 760, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 758, hebichan wrote:Creature literally said he had a test today.
Same question for you. Do you think Wisdom is a good candidate to push right now?
Hey Pintu, I've been enjoying your posts and thought processes so far! But I am interested in why you imply to hebichan that Wisdom is not a good candidate to push.
In post 767, Tails wrote:
In post 606, Fortian wrote:I disagree that Profii's list makes them town, but I do respect your interpretation. I would argue that a reads list such as that can look like "work" without actually having much effort put into it. And my initial scumread on Profii largely came from their early posts, particularly their first posts appearing to be an attempt to "fit in" rather than natural conversation, as well as their response to me. I do not have feelings as strong in regards to profii's later posts though.
I would think scum would try to make a more complete reads list. That would be looking like work too, but also look like a larger contribution. I didn't see that with profii's list.
Fair point. I think that as either alignment, people will be limited by the amount of effort they want to put in. Whether they are town or scum, profii did not put extra effort beyond what the simple reads list post required (and fair enough tbh). I just don't see the reads list itself as all that relevant to profii's alignment.
In post 779, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 777, Wisdom wrote:gamma talk to us
any reads?
Meh probably not beyond what I’ve described
Given this is multiball barring A50 making a red herring, I’m favoring scumhunting over townhunting rn
Interestingly, we are more inclined to townhunt, but that could more be explained by different styles of play I suppose.

--

I do not explicitly townread profii yet, however I don't feel the same way that I did before.

Time for a new vote.

UNVOTE: profii
VOTE: Chickadee

Why Chick? Chick was scum in Labrynth and she just posted spam, pretty much.
While I appreciate the assist, you should absolutely not read my scum game on Labyrinth. I replaced in when the game was almost over, and thus I wasn't invested. I was just there to fill a spot for RC. I spammed because I had no intention of reading the game, so I didn't have any idea what was going on. If you want a better example (and I typically don't do this, because it's not my job to help people meta dive me) you should look at Breaking Bad, or Micro 700: Oddrole Mafia III. Both older games, but I tried to stick to what was easily findable (i.e. listed on my terribly out of date wiki).

~back to holiday shenanigans~
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 864, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 861, pinturicchio wrote:Awww this is the part that I didn't miss from this place. Shut the hell up both of you and
focus on the game.
@Nancy I believe you when you say you're not faking your emotions, that has nothing to do with the game itself, you could be frustrated either as town or as scum. But Drixx is not saying the opposite
That's what I'm doing mate. Nobody gets to make posts and then try and bully other people into ignoring those posts or pretending they don't exist. Nancy is basically saying this:

"I made bad posts. You aren't allowed to talk about them because it hurts my feelings."

That's just not acceptable. Trying to angle shoot and tell someone they are mean or bad or wrong for just talking about what exists is ridiculous and awful. I am not going out of my way to attack or even saying things unpleasantly here. At the same time, I'm simply not willing to pretend someone (anyone really; doesn't matter to me who it is) didn't do something because they drop ATE in the thread and threaten to replace out if I don't pretend they didn't say/do what they did.

I mean ... Tails waged a "You guys just hate me personally" campaign against Cerb and I in OK1 because he was dead to rights nailed as scum (and neither of us had any prior games with Tails, to our knowledge). People frequently try to make things "personal" on this site in order to try and claim that the person or people suspicious of them are really "out of bounds" because it's "personal" and "mean". It is also worth noting that I've been playing with scum!Nancy quite a lot in the past couple months (Hero's Wanted; Overkill 1 Serenity) and this kind of posting is spot on what she did in both those games.

Now ... as much as I abhor the idea of adults actually believing they are entitled to a "safe space" from WORDS ... and as much as I find that idea patently ridiculous in FORUM MAFIA, a game which gets notoriously heated and emotional at times and which can
ONLY BE PLAYED
through the use of words (formally: Rhetoric) ... I'm really not the type to go out of my way to poke at someone.

@Nancy - I assign a base line Burden of Proficiency to everyone. I also apply the same social contract to everyone. I'm not going to treat you any differently than someone else. This is a game, and if you cannot deal with the consequences of your posts and actions in the game, then I feel really bad about that but I'm not going to further handicap myself by trying to walk on egg shells with you. My sincere advice to you is that you find a way to avoid becoming that emotionally invested. Easier said than done, I know, but necessary not only for forum mafia, but also other endeavors. I sincerely hope you don't run yourself out of this game (because I see nobody else asking you to go or suggesting you should go or be forcibly removed or anything at all to do with you not continuing in fact), but I'm not going to just ignore your play. That is a short path to ruin for this kind of game. We might as well just roll dice and declare winners if we're going to ignore what people do when those same people then dislike the consequences of their words and actions.

That said: Nothing obligates you to keep being obsessed about it. Ignore it and post about other stuff. The only way you get beyond the impact of that earlier posting is to move on. I'm going to continue to be curious why so few people have engaged with it, either way, but that doesn't obligate you to obsess over it. You already responded to me pointing out that your earlier posts employed circular reasoning.

~D

P-Edit: The word histrionics means the following: "exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention." -- You certainly demonstrated exaggerated and dramatic behavior which attracted attention earlier when you were first at L-10 or so. Those words don't mean that you were not being genuine, and I haven't expressed any belief over whether or not you were. What I
did
do is point out that you employed circular reasoning; to wit:

P1: You should be able to hard townread me!
P2: I only overreact to votes when I'm town!

The problem is that you hadn't yet overreacted to the votes at the time the person you claimed should town read you for overreacting voted for you. It just goes in a circle. And you're quite smart enough to know that you have a reputation for dramatic posts when you are being voted ... so there's a legitimate concern when you employ circular reasoning demonstrating your clear awareness of your own meta.
I didn’t say my having genuine emotions makes me town and I am very serious, I will ignore your posts, if you continue to mischaracterize my emotions.

Fucking ignore me then and I will do the same for you. If will only speak to Cerb from now on, until you stop being such an ass to me here.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 846, DrewVa wrote:
Why is Thor scum here? I think I will probably anti-sheep any of your votes in this game.

~Nancy
Outside of this:
It's coming from early posts and his defensiveness, which I do believe got called out by Cheeky.

--
Sidenote, not game related, histrionic is not inherently bad but has been used historically as a way to invalidate the concerns/feelings/treatment of women. This comes from the Renaissance and hysteria has typically been used as an excuse to mark women as irrational and, therefore, inferior as it was said to be only related to the uterus. I believe that might be the reason why Nancy doesn't like the usage of the word, and though it may not inherently be offensive, it could be argued that it implies something.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:19 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 868, Amzela wrote: Sidenote, not game related, histrionic is not inherently bad but has been used historically as a way to invalidate the concerns/feelings/treatment of women. This comes from the Renaissance and hysteria has typically been used as an excuse to mark women as irrational and, therefore, inferior as it was said to be only related to the uterus. I believe that might be the reason why Nancy doesn't like the usage of the word, and though it may not inherently be offensive, it could be argued that it implies something.
Good point! In spanish has another meaning, so I couldn't catch that. In spanish is more like being extroverted
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:23 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 865, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 863, DrewVa wrote: I know he’s not scumreading me based on that but that isn’t the point. I don’t appreciate him using terms like “histrionics” to describe my feelings. Yes, I am not suggesting that I should automatically be townread for that, only that my emotions are always genuine.
Maybe we understand differently the word "histrionic" in this context. What do you feel he's saying with that word? 'Cause, as far as I know, being histrionic is not intrinsically bad
p-edit: yeah RR defined histrionics as I know it is, and being dramatic is a personality treat, not a disorder or anything like that. My girlfriend is the most dramatic person I've ever known and it's fun, it's like living in a movie
He thinks just because this is a game, it somehow justifies him acting like a dick to me and it doesn’t. Scumreading me is a part of the game, abusing me isn’t and his most recent post is very close to bordering on that. If I wasn’t in a hydra, I would replace out over this but I made a commitment to DVa. A50 probably can’t do anything to stop it. I keep trying to as nicely as possible, to get through to him why his treatment of me is unacceptable and he just keeps doubling down and misconstruing what I’m saying. I never ever said, a single one of my posts were untouchable, only for him to stop being such a jerk to me. :(

Like there is a way to discuss my posts, without deliberately being an ass about it, is my point.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:29 am

In post 870, DrewVa wrote:
He thinks just because this is a game, it somehow justifies him acting like a dick to me and it doesn’t. Scumreading me is a part of the game, abusing me isn’t and his most recent post is very close to bordering on that. If I wasn’t in a hydra, I would replace out over this but I made a commitment to DVa. A50 probably can’t do anything to stop it. I keep trying to as nicely as possible, to get through to him why his treatment of me is unacceptable and he just keeps doubling down and misconstruing what I’m saying. I never ever said, a single one of my posts were untouchable, only for him to stop being such a jerk to me. :(

Like there is a way to discuss my posts, without deliberately being an ass about it, is my point.
At this point, you had better damn well be town, because if you're pulling this shit AGAIN as scum, you are getting reported this time.

~D
Show

Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 852, Reasonably Rational wrote:

~D
@RR;Drixx, if we weren't in OK1, should we read OK1?

I personally don't read the abusiveness of the post, as Drixx was using histrionic in context of the descriptive word and he did make a point that we seem to be townreading you for those things. I don't think he was going after you necessarily but going after us for letting you all off the hook. And we have, to some extent.
(I don't trust you but the people you've both called out as Town/Scum are confusing me and I don't want to sort through that mess on Turkey Day.)
(Trust issues ftw)

Also RR;Drixx, this isn't just a game of rhetoric fite me.

That being said, I also heavily think that RR is scum, possibly due to knowing Cerb a little more and their original randomeness, and for you two to "seem to get into a genuine fight" is throwing me off and I am just confused. You do seem Town and I don't think scum would infight like that, unless this is an elaborate ploy to get us all confused.

Also @pintu I just realized that you're from Chile! Come up and eat turkey with us.

Also, I do not think this game is multiball and if so *throws hands up in the air and jumps out a window*.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:33 am

There's nothing inherently abusive in what my other head said, nor is he being a dick to you. He's certainly not being NICE to you, but he's not being a dick. There is nothing wrong or abusive with stating that he expects you, and everyone else ,to behave to a certain standard, and point out that you're not, in his opinion, living up to that standard. *shrug* If he were to say that there's something inherently flawed or otherwise wrong with you for not living up to that standard, I could see you viewing his statement as abusive, but given that he's expressing a fundamental opinion he has of your play in this game and not of your character, your reaction is out of proportion to the events that spurred it in you. I get that from your perspective, emotionally speaking, they are not, and he's treating you this way...but I'm informing you that from the perspective of at least *this* other person who isn't Drixx, you are taking things far too personally.

In addition, this entire exchange, except insofar as we find it more likely that you're engaging in scum theatre than being sincere, is irrelevant to the game of mafia. You obviously can't prove to us that you're being sincere, and thus your focus on attempting to do so is essentially a waste of your energy, while your expectation that we should automatically believe you while playing a game focused on uncovering deception is unreasonable.

With regards to the question of whether or not there is a way to discuss your posts without being a dick: Yes, there likely exists some way to do so, but considering how broad your definition of being a dick appears to be, I am uncertain if one could be critical of your posts without coming across as a dick to you.

-Cerb
Show

DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:41 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 868, Amzela wrote:
In post 846, DrewVa wrote:
Why is Thor scum here? I think I will probably anti-sheep any of your votes in this game.

~Nancy
Outside of this:
It's coming from early posts and his defensiveness, which I do believe got called out by Cheeky.

--
Sidenote, not game related, histrionic is not inherently bad but has been used historically as a way to invalidate the concerns/feelings/treatment of women. This comes from the Renaissance and hysteria has typically been used as an excuse to mark women as irrational and, therefore, inferior as it was said to be only related to the uterus. I believe that might be the reason why Nancy doesn't like the usage of the word, and though it may not inherently be offensive, it could be argued that it implies something.
I find the term insulting because it inherently implies, in an extremely disrespectful way, that my feelings are somehow fake and/or invalid and I’m not going to alllow him to further misconstrue my character by lumping me into some political movement that I have jack to do with. That part was the most insulting thing about hhis post. My demanding to be treated with respect=my endorsing some kind of radical political philosophy
. :roll:

Okay, I will ISO him but I think RR were referring to Overkill 1, where Thor was scum. He is a difficult player to sort based on meta but one of things I’ve seen him do as scum is deathtunnel people and I haven’t seen that from him yet. Not saying that is AI from him, only that I’ ve seen him do that as scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”