Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

I mean
Meta arguments in general are garbage and I don't like em
For me, Meta ends up informing a lot of gut stuff for a player because I get a baseline for how their posting makes me feel as either alignment
But as far as strats and rhetoric goes, most players are capable enough to shift gears.

I always think meta should be supplemental to a case rather than the foundation for a scumread.

P-EDIT: Nah but the whole thing does kinda start around Profii voting and RR calling it a bad vote.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1123, DrewVa wrote: I just re-ISO’d your game and 2) is patently false. You’re obvtown game didn’t deteriorate at all, it remained consistent. 3) Completely disagree.

Fun fact: Scum!Varsoon said pretty much the exact same thing in BoD, wrt meta. I should have seen that for the scumtell it was.
Well you've got blinders on. I stopped giving a fuck after D1. And good luck with that false premise of what actually makes meta arguments work. Hint: it's about statistical analysis, something you need more than one data point to do.

But sure, lynch me. This game was unpleasant with 5 players spamming the other 21 of us into prod dodge play and I don't see my enjoyment of it increasing any time soon
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:23 am

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 26 alive it takes 14 to lynch.

DrippingGoofball (6):
davesaz (56),CheekyTeeky (992),BrightEyedFish (1089),RCEnigma (1098),pinturicchio (1099),DrewVa (1121),
RCEnigma (3):
Thor665 (61),BuJaber (262),Tails (477),
BuJaber (3):
DrippingGoofball (609),Varsoon (614),Majiffy (631),
Majiffy (3):
Malakitty (42),Wisdom (1078),hebichan (1083),
BrightEyedFish (1):
Alchemist21 (386),
CheekyTeeky (1):
Alonzo (440),
Chickadee (1):
Fortian (830),
Reasonably Rational (1):
profii (885),
profii (1):
Reasonably Rational (893),
Alonzo (1):
Gamma Emerald (897),
Thor665 (1):
Amzela (1044),
Creature (1):
Chickadee (1090),
Not voting (3):
Creature,Toogeloo,Flavor Leaf (416),

(expired on 2018-12-04 02:30:00) remain.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:27 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1122, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1102, RCEnigma wrote:Fwiw I didn't believe the dayvig was a thing, but that kind of solidifies my townread on Varsoon. The play started with his vote on Profii so if you look for reactions start there and not the actual shot.
Which post? I don't think I ever voted Profii.
In post 1118, DrewVa wrote: Wisdom being scum here would not surprise me in the least. I think he’s likely bussing Majiffy.

Also wouldn’t be shocked if Goofball/Majiffy/Wisdom are a team.
Team 'minimum effort;maximum results'
Honest though you would think a scumteam here does put out less content in order to have a lower profile.
Also, given the nature of being able to be killed themselves, they probably do a lot of D1 distancing and ish like that.

Maybe but I’ve seen plenty of scumteams who didn’t do that as well. I don’t think Wisdom’s play comes from town. He has said way to many WTF things in this game - something he tends to mostly do as scum.

Like his recent lyncher comment, his asking about the # of scum comment. His incessant flip-flopping on my slot. None of that ever comes from town!Wisdom but he’s apparently good enough to have gotten himself townread by a few who know jack about his meta, so it’s obvious he won’t be getting lynched today.

I’m still going back and forth between Majiffy and Goofball for today, anyway. I think Wisdom just realized that Profii and me are bad lynches, so not at all impressed by his jump to Majiffy.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:40 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1125, Varsoon wrote:I mean
Meta arguments in general are garbage and I don't like em
For me, Meta ends up informing a lot of gut stuff for a player because I get a baseline for how their posting makes me feel as either alignment
But as far as strats and rhetoric goes, most players are capable enough to shift gears.

I always think meta should be supplemental to a case rather than the foundation for a scumread.

P-EDIT: Nah but the whole thing does kinda start around Profii voting and RR calling it a bad vote.
I strongly disagree. It isn’t helpful for all players and it is often time and site based but when you talk about recent meta on this site, for players you have had a lot of experience playing with, I think it can be extremely useful.

I do agree about meta being supplemental however. DVa is scumreading Wisdom, only on his play here and I am doing both.

I have correctly read Creature and remember, my desperado shot on Marquis? That was largely based on meta. His play in the 2 FG games was strikingly different.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:44 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1126, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1123, DrewVa wrote: I just re-ISO’d your game and 2) is patently false. You’re obvtown game didn’t deteriorate at all, it remained consistent. 3) Completely disagree.

Fun fact: Scum!Varsoon said pretty much the exact same thing in BoD, wrt meta. I should have seen that for the scumtell it was.
Well you've got blinders on. I stopped giving a fuck after D1. And good luck with that false premise of what actually makes meta arguments work. Hint: it's about statistical analysis, something you need more than one data point to do.

But sure, lynch me. This game was unpleasant with 5 players spamming the other 21 of us into prod dodge play and I don't see my enjoyment of it increasing any time soon
My comment disputing what you said regarding your play falling off in that game I linked wasn’t true. Anyone checking it can verify that.

Tell me then. Who is scum here and why?

Saying how you’re not invested in the game, is an extremely easy guise for scum to hide behind. Sure, town can do that as well but it doesn’t help us read you in this game.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1123, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1120, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1094, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1085, Majiffy wrote:Oh are we trying to lynch me again? That's fun. Good luck with that.
In post 1086, Majiffy wrote:Ooh it's my scum day
Tell us why your play is so different here then in the game I linked?

You were blatantly obvtown in that one.

You especially need to explain it to Wisdom, how can’t understand meta reads if his life depended on it.
I already explained this but 1) that game had a whole bunch of Torontomeet people in it originally and I wanted to play with them 2) my play isn't "so different" after they all replaced out 3) 1-game meta arguments are garbage
I just re-ISO’d your game and 2) is patently false. You’re obvtown game didn’t deteriorate at all, it remained consistent. 3) Completely disagree.

What are you considering obvTown for him? I was in that game with him and he did drop off after the OG playerlist was gone (but I was also scum and not really paying attention to Towntells).
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

VLA until Monday. Slight VLA

You all know how I am, though, I’m very likely to get involved whenever i get the chance to catch up, and have high activit for a bit. I’m just gonna be out of town until Monday, but I’ll have some time to post.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:54 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1131, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1123, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1120, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1094, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1085, Majiffy wrote:Oh are we trying to lynch me again? That's fun. Good luck with that.
In post 1086, Majiffy wrote:Ooh it's my scum day
Tell us why your play is so different here then in the game I linked?

You were blatantly obvtown in that one.

You especially need to explain it to Wisdom, how can’t understand meta reads if his life depended on it.
I already explained this but 1) that game had a whole bunch of Torontomeet people in it originally and I wanted to play with them 2) my play isn't "so different" after they all replaced out 3) 1-game meta arguments are garbage
I just re-ISO’d your game and 2) is patently false. You’re obvtown game didn’t deteriorate at all, it remained consistent. 3) Completely disagree.

What are you considering obvTown for him? I was in that game with him and he did drop off after the OG playerlist was gone (but I was also scum and not really paying attention to Towntells).
He was making blatantly obtown posts throughout his ISO. Did you check my link? I didn’t count the number of them, only concerned myself with the content.

I prefer Goofball because his votes don’t make any sense at all and maybe Majiffy just needs to get his head into the game, so he can be solved D2.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1130, DrewVa wrote:My comment disputing what you said regarding your play falling off in that game I linked wasn’t true. Anyone checking it can verify that.
and yet in the very next post after this, Alch confirms what I've said.

Like I said: you've got blinders on
In post 1130, DrewVa wrote:Tell me then. Who is scum here and why?
The BuJ person I'm voting. Their hop on the RCE wagon was hot garbage.
In post 1130, DrewVa wrote:Saying how you’re not invested in the game, is an extremely easy guise for scum to hide behind. Sure, town can do that as well but it doesn’t help us read you in this game.
I don't really care.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

DGB is a She btw

||
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:11 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1134, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1130, DrewVa wrote:My comment disputing what you said regarding your play falling off in that game I linked wasn’t true. Anyone checking it can verify that.
and yet in the very next post after this, Alch confirms what I've said.

Like I said: you've got blinders on
In post 1130, DrewVa wrote:Tell me then. Who is scum here and why?
The BuJ person I'm voting. Their hop on the RCE wagon was hot garbage.
In post 1130, DrewVa wrote:Saying how you’re not invested in the game, is an extremely easy guise for scum to hide behind. Sure, town can do that as well but it doesn’t help us read you in this game.
I don't really care.
Maybe, I townread RCE but Bujaber frequently got wagoned in the previous game but you’re also sheeping one of my strongest townreads. Hmmm . . .

UNVOTE:
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:18 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 635, Varsoon wrote:
In post 634, Majiffy wrote:Oh Varsoon too

Damn I wanted to be cool and lead the charge
You can still take the reigns if you have some actual reasons to elaborate on why other folks should be voting there
This is my worst challenge when it comes to mafia
It's really hard for me to get others to see shit that I consider obvious
@Varsoon, Tell me why you think Bujaber is scum? I’m reluctant to vote there because he was constantly being scumread and wagoned in Overkill 1. So, how is he more likely to be scum here, than in that game?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:37 am

Post by profii »

In post 1126, Majiffy wrote:But sure, lynch me. This game was unpleasant with 5 players spamming the other 21 of us into prod dodge play and I don't see my enjoyment of it increasing any time soon
This is the only majiffy comment that kinda bothered me in ISO, prolly not gonna vote here.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

Didn't like his play regarding RCE and voting there--doesn't feel very genuine or like Bujab is trying to figure out the game at all.
I'd probably have put my vote elsewhere but Bujaber kind of slinked away the second the focus wasn't on them, which, in this game, rings as really slimy.
It's not even as if they're V/LA due to holidays or anything, because they have posted since, but their posts were so empty and weightless; lots of promises to do stuff they haven't done, calls me a sheep of DGB but never goes full-swing with DGB criticism for the naked vote, lots of talk about stuff that has no game impact.

Basically fits exactly the MO of what I think scum would have here and I don't wanna back down from this. I think it's a good wagon.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:59 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1061, DrewVa wrote:I do better at building townblocks, so RR, Farside/Alonzo, Alchemist21, Mala, Cheeky, Amzela, Profii.

In addition to Varsoon, Fortian, hebi, Pint, Tails, FL role crumb makes me think he could be town.

maybe Gamma, Bujaber as well?
@Nancy, can you talk to me about Alchemist and Profii townreads?

Also what did you see from Bujaber that looked AI? -D
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:02 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1138, profii wrote:This is the only majiffy comment that kinda bothered me in ISO, prolly not gonna vote here.
Although I don't think I'm great at reading Profii, I'm still leaning scum here
In post 1139, Varsoon wrote:doesn't feel very genuine or like Bujab is trying to figure out the game at all.
Kinda with Varsoon here so far

Also I think Majiffy's push on Buj isn't that bad tbh -D
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:05 am

Post by profii »

VOTE: Bujaber
im gonna sheep this because it will probably help me sort BuJ and I can't put my thoughts on Wisdom into coherent sentences yet
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:07 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1107, Chickadee wrote:Only people who haven't played a lot with Creature ask this question. As a general rule: is creature posting? If yes, town. If no, scum.

If Creature comes back and ups his game, I'll take back my vote. But this is textbook scum creature.
This is surface level thinking from Chickadee and also untrue, although I don't know scum would be this lazy in their push on Creature so not sure it makes her scum. Chick, if you're town, do actually try to sort Creature based on play. -D
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:12 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1070, Alonzo wrote:
VOTE:VARSOON

For faking day actions
Does Alonzo actually give a F that Varoon faked a day action? I'm trying to think of any point in any game where Alonzo voted someone for a reason as lazy as this. Alonzo, have you been replaced by a doppelganger Alonzo? Is that why you keep doing Arnie quotes? -D
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm at the bottom of 38.
I see someone else has finally picked up on DGB being obvscum.
It was me who brought up profii's read list as scummy.

@RR: "histrionics" is to woman as "n-word" is to black. Capish? (well, maybe not that strong an analogy, but yes there is that general type of word association involved)

I can read a few more pages, then need to participate in some quasi-shopping activity.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Wisdom »

how is dgb obvscum
isnt she always like thisqq
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1146, Wisdom wrote:thisqq
this*
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:24 am

Post by davesaz »

Bottom of 40 -- looks like hatchet is buried so my previous post was unnecessary.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:36 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1060, Varsoon wrote:Sorry, couldn't keep it up until a votecount.
I think we've also got literally everything we'd get out of the gambit and also Profii is for sure town.
You don't think profii is capable of doing this as scum?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”