Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1373, Creature wrote:
In post 1151, Toogeloo wrote:Also... you need an avatar.
and so does Cerberus
NEVER! Unless some other nice human being makes me a cool avatar like Chickadee did, then I'll use that avatar until I start a solo game, at which point I'll have to remove it because arguments about my lack of an avatar have been so common that they're now a viable interaction I can analyze for scumhunting. ^^
In post 1378, Varsoon wrote:RR can probably recall this better than me but I am fairly certain I modded a game where scum made a late entry and did exactly this. We all laughed.
Sounds familiar, don't recall who it was(WAIT I DID IT WAS KLINGONCELT IN BLOODBORNE I'M PRETTY SURE); I was going ot say I was pretty sure they also had more votes on them when they did it, but since I remember the game now they actually didn't, and just kinda shat all over the thread.

On a side note, I really hope she's doing well, I don't think she's been on site for over a year now.

I have two comments to make about the way creature caught up.

1) If creature were to collect all his individual thoughts and reactions to posts into a single quote wall, it wouldn't be any more to read, so I don't understand why people are bitching about him doing it individually.

2) Creature, would it be so difficult for you to just open a quote in a new tab when you have a thought, type that thought, DON'T POST IT, then at the end copy and paste it all into a single post so people stop bitching? Yes, some will still bitch about quote walls, but fuck em. If you're not prepared to read don't play the fucking game, or at least don't BITCH ABOUT the need to read a text based game.

Yes people are busy, and your lives get in the way of stuff, so then play the game in a different way if spammy slots interfere too much. Pick people to read in iso and figure them out from there, instead of reading through all the spam.

Unrelated, I need Drixx to come back from his holiday stuff so he can tell me what to think.
-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1422, davesaz wrote:
In post 1269, Creature wrote:
In post 56, davesaz wrote:VOTE: DrippingGoofball
One of the l's failed to confirm.
Why vote someone who hasn't posted yet?
Ugh, the forum trimmed the quote to what I was searching on to find the quote. :lol:
found the desktop user
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Creature »

When there's too much to read, I usually just skip the posting and engage with someone.

I can read someone better with realtime interaction than through reading their posting.

It's just that this game I felt guilty I waited too much to actually start playing and so I brought a lot all at once.
Sigh
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1428, Creature wrote:When there's too much to read, I usually just skip the posting and engage with someone.

I can read someone better with realtime interaction than through reading their posting.

It's just that this game I felt guilty I waited too much to actually start playing and so I brought a lot all at once.
I don't think I've ever seen you interact with someone in realtime.

Ever.

:-/

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I also hope KC's doing okay.
I don't really know what to make of Creature's play here, though. :/
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by DrewVa »

Creature did you roll SK? If so are you 'vigging' FL tonight? :)

-D
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Creature »

Maybe being a vig would be a good idea
Sigh
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1268, Creature wrote:
In post 53, pinturicchio wrote:I am as old as Almost50 was when I was half the age I will be en 25 years from now.
So you're 25 years old
I agree 100% with RR, the way Creature posted was not annoying at all compared to the discussions that sometimes happen in this forum. Summed up, the one liners were nothing. And I'm glad to announce that Creature is town. Thanks Mathdino!
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1402, Creature wrote:Also, aren't the reactions a good thing to read on?
No. They're small one liners that don't mean anything to most of us. I'd rather just know what you're thinking and why about different slots. So many one liners were thrown at me over the last 682 pages that I have no clue where you stand on anything.
In post 1426, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1373, Creature wrote:
In post 1151, Toogeloo wrote:Also... you need an avatar.
and so does Cerberus
NEVER! Unless some other nice human being makes me a cool avatar like Chickadee did, then I'll use that avatar until I start a solo game, at which point I'll have to remove it because arguments about my lack of an avatar have been so common that they're now a viable interaction I can analyze for scumhunting. ^^
In post 1378, Varsoon wrote:RR can probably recall this better than me but I am fairly certain I modded a game where scum made a late entry and did exactly this. We all laughed.

1) If creature were to collect all his individual thoughts and reactions to posts into a single quote wall, it wouldn't be any more to read, so I don't understand why people are bitching about him doing it individually.
See above point.

Also, when I come to a game and see that I have 15 pages to read...I tend to just not. If interesting things happened, I may go back to bits, but if it's literally just one person making throw away posts, it kills my ambition to actually look for interesting things in the game. I don't even want to play a game if I know I'm not going to read it.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

:/ I'm losing my TR on chick.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1435, CheekyTeeky wrote::/ I'm losing my TR on chick.
BABY COME BACK

No but for real, why?

Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Fortian »

In post 1238, Chickadee wrote:
In post 1205, Fortian wrote:Chick, when you’re able, what is your read on Toog and why?
I'm town reading Toog. I think the way they initially claimed was genuine. I think it came from a place of wanting to be upfront about they wouldn't be voting. There hasn't been a lot of redeeming posts since then, but I understand the frustration.

I also don't hold it against anyone to find their "oh it exists" post scummy though.
What is it about the post that you think makes that post more likely to come from scum?

Right now i'm very worried that your initial post about it was a vague attempt at sounding useful without actually coming from a genuine place. Especially given that I think your explanations since don't really make sense of why you'd jump in to defend Mala like that.

--

Also I seriously don't get all the hysteria surrounding Creature's posting. That was all more anti-town than Creature's posting was imo.

-DV
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I am horrified that we are 58 pages in, with three three vote wagons competing.
I'mma do what I can to help;

Don't know Pinturiccho, so no sheep energy there.
Wisdom don't get sheepage.
RR...maybe.
Majiffy, sure.
Varsoon looks town.
DGB sure.

VOTE: BuJaber

Now we have a 4 vote wagona three vote wagon and a two vote wagon - excitement!
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1437, Fortian wrote:
In post 1205, Fortian wrote:Chick, when you’re able, what is your read on Toog and why?
I'm town reading Toog. I think the way they initially claimed was genuine. I think it came from a place of wanting to be upfront about they wouldn't be voting. There hasn't been a lot of redeeming posts since then, but I understand the frustration.

I also don't hold it against anyone to find their "oh it exists" post scummy though.
What is it about the post that you think makes that post more likely to come from scum?

Right now i'm very worried that your initial post about it was a vague attempt at sounding useful without actually coming from a genuine place. Especially given that I think your explanations since don't really make sense of why you'd jump in to defend Mala like that.

--

Also I seriously don't get all the hysteria surrounding Creature's posting. That was all more anti-town than Creature's posting was imo.

-DV
All I meant was that I don't scum read Mala for the conclusion she made.

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1436, Chickadee wrote:
BABY COME BACK

No but for real, why?
I don't believe your tunnel on creature anymore like as town I think you'd reassess or take a step back when he's more active instead of calling for more pressure on his wagon especially with the opportunistic votes from The Jif and Hebi.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Chick you even said that if he was active you'd unvote but you're doing the opposite.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Chickadee »

UNVOTE: Creature

Ok

I'm not happy with the "content" but he's posting. So it's something.

Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Fortian »

In post 1439, Chickadee wrote:
In post 1437, Fortian wrote:

--

-DV
All I meant was that I don't scum read Mala for the conclusion she made.
This is very different from your original post. I didn’t mention anything about scumreading Mala for the conclusion she made. Nor do I believe you would make the post you did as town if your only thought was “I don’t scumread Mala for the conclusion she made.”

Essentially, I don’t think you’re town.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Guys I'm pretty sure Thor is scum. If there is a vig I'd shoot that if we don't lynch him today.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1379, ruru wrote:
votecountWith 26 alive it takes 14 to lynch.

DrippingGoofball (5):
davesaz (56),BrightEyedFish (1089),RCEnigma (1098),pinturicchio (1099),Amzela (1150),
Majiffy (5):
Wisdom (1078),BuJaber (1222),Gamma Emerald (1231),Varsoon (1232),DrewVa (1344),
Creature (3):
Chickadee (1090),Majiffy (1314),hebichan (1320),
RCEnigma (2):
Thor665 (61),Tails (477),
BuJaber (2):
DrippingGoofball (609),profii (1142),
BrightEyedFish (1):
Alchemist21 (386),
CheekyTeeky (1):
Alonzo (440),
Chickadee (1):
Fortian (830),
profii (1):
Reasonably Rational (893),
Thor665 (1):
CheekyTeeky (1174),
Flavor Leaf (1):
Malakitty (1178),
Not voting (3):
Creature,Toogeloo,Flavor Leaf (416),

(expired on 2018-12-04 02:30:00) remain.
With Thor's vote and Chickadee's unvote, it's DGB 5, Majiffy 5, BuJaber 3.
One of Thor's points is correct, the top 3 wagons combined would not be enough votes. We're going to need to make a
lot
of progress on that.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

VOTE: Majiffy
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by davesaz »

Might be worthwhile to do an in-wagon analysis of where the wagon came from. I'll do Majiffy wagon first, in large part because I don't actually remember why anyone is scumreading him. That super-nice VC format allows us to easily multi-quote all of the votes.
In post 1078, Wisdom wrote:and profii is town

VOTE: majiffy
No reason given in the vote post. Will need to ISO to find it, if there is one.
In post 1222, BuJaber wrote:Haven't finished reading but so far varsoon and majiffy really don't seem like they're reading very well.

Varsoon keeps mistaking posts adressed to othrs as adressed to him, like when I called majiffy a sheep.

And majiffy because nobody who read my interactions with RCE coild possibly think my vote was a simple wagon hop. Doesn't seem like he's actually reading just wanted an easy target and picked on the latest vote on RCE at the time. I think he's scum, possibly protecting his partner. VOTE: majiffy

RR has talked a lot more than I remember so I'm sorry about the activity comment.. your case on hebichan is interesting. I'll look into it further when it's time for hebi's ISO read but it's important to note that chick kinda defended her and there might be a connection there.
Gives a fairly reasonable-sounding reason. I haven't vetted the case itself.
In post 1231, Gamma Emerald wrote:I call BS. There’s a multitude of reasons why a post-game explanation is bad
If you’re making that type of statement you’d probably have already done analysis to support it. Since you haven’t that means it’s a crock of shit.
I can see thinking that "maybe I'll tell you after the game" as an answer to a question about a supposed tell can be interpreted as scummy. And I'd kinda expect GE to have that kind of read as town. I think it's fairly shallow since there are quite valid reasons not to blab your private tells on another player as any alignment, but I don't think shading it is scummy. So this vote is for a valid reason, whether the reason is correct or not.
In post 1232, Varsoon wrote:Ew. The one time I can recall someone being like "I got this scumread but I'll explain it later" was GiF in a game where I pegged him as scum for it, he replaced out, then I was promptly killed and his team went on to win.
So excuse me if I'm going to be a bit critical of this kinda shit:
Can't tell if Varsoon is sheeping GE's post or if they both came up with the same reason simultaneously. Would need to look at post timestamps.
In post 1344, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1336, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1332, DrewVa wrote:I get why some people are getting annoyed by Creature but that doesn’t make him scum. He is actively trying to solve the game here. I think Creature is town here.
If we don't remove him he's going to keep it up. If he keeps it up, a lot of us have to replace out. If a lot of us replace out, this game dies.

It's called a policy lynch and if people would stop being afraid of them we could start curbing shit behavior like spamming a thread with 50 one-liner posts.

I dislike you trying to push a “policy lynch” on what I think is a town slot.
Eh, I don't know if pushing policy would be worth the risk as scum, but I get the vibe of the vote. Probably legit.

Pedit: Got a reason?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

His lack of sorting/reaction to initial votes/opportunistic jump on creature.

I suggest you read his ISO as VCA isn't going to tell us much preflip.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 1440, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 1436, Chickadee wrote:
BABY COME BACK

No but for real, why?
I don't believe your tunnel on creature anymore like as town I think you'd reassess or take a step back when he's more active instead of calling for more pressure on his wagon especially with the opportunistic votes from The Jif and Hebi.
How is jumping from one of the two people I said I would vote to the other "opprotunistic"?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”