Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 548, VeridianCleric wrote:to lay their lives on the line for the town is a noble act.
This guys really getting into his Arthurian RP or something
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 532, VeridianCleric wrote:there are multiple theories to manage the game, some great some not so much
the issue is that those of the fallen knowing our strategy can easily play through it.

The idea that everybody claims makes the thou who doth claim the sword random, so the fallen can simply not claim, we knowith not if they did or not

The idea that if the Nobel Arthur befalls us than the fallen just claim as our wizardy friend is also rediculas as than we rally to together to allow Merlin to claim the sword freely in that case and if it's truly a hidden fallen then they die, and if it was really merlin the fallen likely target the wizard anyhow and thus dies (as knightkill resolves before swordclaim) as twould be suicide for the fallen to allow merlin the sword.

what I see is this, two are Gladiating today,

we have three people declare intention to claim the sword tongith, of those only those three claim. the Fallen must select from one of our worthy comrades whom to try and kill, as they only get one shot we know of the remaining two that one received the sword and is our protectorate.
we leave it to that person to declare the Challenges for the next day on the third sword commander and we excommunicate their opposition without prejudice. This gives no doubt that the claiment has the sword.
There can be no more noble a cause to lay ones life down for their fellows in arms

how it doesn't work, the fallen can't claim the sword they die, so that bypasses that
anybody outside the three whom claim are working anti-town anyhow and should be excommunicated
if the fallen target somebody outside the three they are either attempting to protect a comrad or put doubt on the living.

with starting as 13-4 this gives the chance we COULD lose 4 Arturian knights going into Day 3 (Gladiate, Nightkill, policy Glaidate, Nightkill)
however, than we have 9-4 minimum, with a confirmed protected member of the round table and anybody who counter claims having the sword is working against town and either the fallen attempting to lead us astray or somebody playing anti-town. either way the gladiator candidate.
if they flip fallen, we immedietly know original betrayed us, and is target for Day 4. Still should keep us at 7-4, 7-3 for EOD 4 a position to repeate the process with improved odds,

in all the town wins by day 6, and we don't need to risk loosing Arthur with a Blood thirsty Vig.

With this idea as well, it allows merlin to participate in the volunteering process to hide their position and as such could step in only if they witness that Arthur has stepped up to claim the sword. Allows the rest of us to know that Arthur has Excalibur without Merlin breaching rules stating whom it was. Then hence forth Arthur will have the sword and Glaidator protection, double power to freely wield as so wisely they doth choose.

Also this is a decent start of an idea but I think instead of volunteers we should get scummy people (UT, etc) to go for the sword to clear themself, then I think those people should shoot so we can get new people grabbing the sword as well as testing for arthur
VeridianCleric
VeridianCleric
Goon
VeridianCleric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by VeridianCleric »

In post 546, DVa wrote:
In post 543, Auro wrote:He said in his next sentence, "Of course this crumbles if Maf don't go for it, which is the probable case"
Yeah it's just weird seeing Gamma spew out a weird theory only to immediately dismiss it tbh
I have to agree with you hear DvA

When I read Varsoon's earlier post (so many moons ago it seems now) my immediate thought was "that ain't gonna work" the Fallen have no reason or incentive there to claim at all and no way to call them out on it.

Gammas post makes it almost seem like a fence sitting to me, in that "i'll say something that looks like I agree with this idea in case it flys but have another statement to play on in case it doesn't"

do you (DvA) think that perhaps that those two are working together more than we anticipate?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 549, Elsa Jay wrote:532 basically makes me want to follow this man willingly. I like when people put effort into their stuff like that.

On another note, Firebringer roasting Lady and keeping calm doesn't earn town points, but gets respect.
By the way, this is a scummy post, and I'm reaffirming my hurt tag on you
VeridianCleric
VeridianCleric
Goon
VeridianCleric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by VeridianCleric »

In post 550, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 548, VeridianCleric wrote:to lay their lives on the line for the town is a noble act.
This guys really getting into his Arthurian RP or something
Themed game, gonna try my best ;) makes it more interesting/fun to be honest.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 549, Elsa Jay wrote:Firebringer roasting Lady and keeping calm doesn't earn town points, but gets respect.
Pestering LLD for no reason gets your respect?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 534, Auro wrote:
In post 529, Dunnstral wrote:Auro you just said he comes off as a troll, stop backtracking
Yes, and after his responses to you, he looks less like a troll and more like someone who just wants to enjoy the game.

Contrast with players jibing at players and claiming to read them perfectly and fling scum accusations at them.

Firebringer too, for example.
if it makes u feel better. i do plan to expand on reads later when i get more substance on them.

also my dva scumread is gone.

lld scumread is about same and UT read is stronger.

i kind of want to sheep dva this game.
she will be my town mask
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 555, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 549, Elsa Jay wrote:Firebringer roasting Lady and keeping calm doesn't earn town points, but gets respect.
Pestering LLD for no reason gets your respect?
i mean....did u read LLD posts? she was trying to start a fight with me that i was ignoring lol.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 553, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 549, Elsa Jay wrote:532 basically makes me want to follow this man willingly. I like when people put effort into their stuff like that.

On another note, Firebringer roasting Lady and keeping calm doesn't earn town points, but gets respect.
That's a normal post from me. I think. Maybe it's a tired one. I make it based on my current state of mind. What about it is scummy?

Pedit: seeing her responses and being haughty about Fire always being wrong and calling a bunch of people idiots? Yeah it does.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 15, Firebringer wrote:Everyone let us all begin by giving our Arthur reveal.

If you don’t know what I mean I am saying we all soft Merlin role and claim a person to be Arthur.
In case Merlin is night killed/lynched by accident we have our cleared townie.

Let me begin:
Varsoon is Arthur
Fire, you posted this but then you don't care about any other mechanics discussion, or bother to continue with this, do you agree with others that this is not a good idea?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 559, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 15, Firebringer wrote:Everyone let us all begin by giving our Arthur reveal.

If you don’t know what I mean I am saying we all soft Merlin role and claim a person to be Arthur.
In case Merlin is night killed/lynched by accident we have our cleared townie.

Let me begin:
Varsoon is Arthur
Fire, you posted this but then you don't care about any other mechanics discussion, or bother to continue with this, do you agree with others that this is not a good idea?
i already said i don't agree with anybody who says its a bad idea.

do you want me to go further?

I don't feel like talking about the setup anymore cause i don't find the setup as interesting as people make it out to be. its a pretty neat setup but nothing i haven't played before.
Show

VeridianCleric
VeridianCleric
Goon
VeridianCleric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by VeridianCleric »

Agree Dunnstral, I was thinking the same as I was finishing up the idea

I would say we would tell one person they are going on the quest for the sword
Another would volunteer willingly
on D1 we may need two volunteers but if two people are exceptionally scummy than they could both be sent on the quest

The benefit here is even if all three live (because scum bypasses the trifecta on the nighkill and a knight of the round obtains the sword) we know we have a conf!town among the three. a claim/counter sets the Gladiator up right away and a mislynch still reveals the scum AND leaves the sword for reclaiming by another set of three

either way we discover the dark night among our noble crew.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 558, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 553, Dunnstral wrote:

That's a normal post from me. I think. Maybe it's a tired one. I make it based on my current state of mind. What about it is scummy?

Pedit: seeing her responses and being haughty about Fire always being wrong and calling a bunch of people idiots? Yeah it does.
Well for one, I wasn't even able to process the post by the time you posted that, leading me to believe you hadn't even read it or understood what it was saying, just saw a wall of text and said "yep I agree" - how does being the yes girl here without knowing what's going on help the town, when you already showed support for the plan in 216?

What if it was a bad plan? Should we lose the game because he 'put effort' into a bad plan? What if he's scum trying to mislead us? How can you know any of these things if you haven't read the post? How can you be comfortable coming in and giving assent - are you waiting for other people to come in and tell you what to think about that post?

Then we go into you skipping past everything else (which you say you're tired now, OK) along with a general disregard for what else is going on in thread at the moment, and you're still not giving a read throughout, you just like that the guy is 'putting in effort'
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by DVa »

Elsa why does every post you make strike me as scummy this game
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

if we could actually get only two people to agree to go for the sword, i would be amazed
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i don't find anything elsa posted to be scummy.
in case anyone was wondering.
Show

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 560, Firebringer wrote:its a pretty neat setup but nothing i haven't played before.
Was this setup run before? Were you a part of it?

Maybe you should be telling us what to do or what not to do, fire, since it seems you have experience with the setup?
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 552, VeridianCleric wrote:do you (DvA) think that perhaps that those two are working together more than we anticipate?
No, I don't think Gamma entertaining a shitty idea makes [it] a great teammate for Varsoon, at the moment I still think Varsoon is town who presented a bad idea in earnest and Gamma is town entertaining a bad idea in an awkward way
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 565, Firebringer wrote:i don't find anything elsa posted to be scummy.
in case anyone was wondering.
Do you find Elsa's posts townie?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

How about we let Varsoon, UT, and LLD go for the sword? They've all already volunteered their intentions to go for the sword, and they seemed pretty bent on going for it
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 563, DVa wrote:

Elsa why does every post you make strike me as scummy this game
Because I cant wait until day 4 this game to get mislynched like last time we battled.

When I did read the rest, Dunn, but it was uninteresting so I responded to the part I liked. I read the plan through well enough and I already didn't like Lady's style so far.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 566, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 560, Firebringer wrote:its a pretty neat setup but nothing i haven't played before.
Was this setup run before? Were you a part of it?

Maybe you should be telling us what to do or what not to do, fire, since it seems you have experience with the setup?
not this exact setup but the setup itself is a mixture of things like kingmaker and dueling.
once you play enough setups its hard to make a setup that is 100% unique.

i think best strat is for everyone to claim an arthur, everyone says no because then we get down to a few people as merlin/arthur for scum but i think that is really not a concern since i think they will find merlin/arthur easier than us anyways since they will actually try to look for that.

meh
Show

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 569, Dunnstral wrote:How about we let Varsoon, UT, and LLD go for the sword? They've all already volunteered their intentions to go for the sword, and they seemed pretty bent on going for it
Was thinking along these lines -- a lot of us ready to co-operate, leave the rest to claim.

But Dunnstral, these people are also not willing to let go of the sword -- so what then?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 449, Firebringer wrote:i think i have the highest success rate next to rc in reading u
This post was anger baiting by fire, if you guys didn't catch on
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 569, Dunnstral wrote:How about we let Varsoon, UT, and LLD go for the sword? They've all already volunteered their intentions to go for the sword, and they seemed pretty bent on going for it
Yeah, I'd prefer a third other than Varsoon personally, but I'm also not going to bother trying to stop him. I'd rather Elsa, if we must have a third

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”