Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6251 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6247, Creature wrote:
In post 6246, Jingle wrote:Vecna RB'd mastina
???
JK, night 2. It's the most reasonable explanation so far as to why there was no kill that night.
This is a Parachute.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6252 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Creature »

lol if mastina has been doing the kills
Sigh
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6253 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 6244, northsidegal wrote:let me ask you a question: do you think those two things are reliable criteria in a 250 page large theme game like this, where the game was being held hostage basically ever since i replaced in?

why do you townread nico over me?
one more question: what's the last game that you saw me in where you think i obvtowned and that definitely made me town over scum? because if you're expecting something along the lines of a massive case back in team mafia white flag or something then you should read some of my more recent towngames after summer of 2018. my signature is what it is for a reason (referring to the first line, but the statement also holds true for the second lines).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6254 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Jingle »

Why not? She was clearly not the endgame strategy for her team.

Alternative theories being scum shot me (who was spending most of my time defending Mastina) or JJH (who was spending most of his time defending mastina) are pretty out there.

We do have the missing Nihilism roleblocker from that night, so it's a possible alternative, but I'm guessing that's scum assuming I was faking being targeted by a loud doc as a normal doc. Which means Ari is probably town for being targeted by a scum RB.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6255 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok?

1.) Mastina was scum so she wasn't getting shot
2.) Mastina was very unlikely to do the kill b/c scum usually send a buddy with less heat that's likely to not a draw a track. And even if Vecna did stop the kill that doesn't have anything to do with you, JJH or NSG
3.) No way JJH would have been shot when he was defending scum and there's no way to test his death proof claim unless we like lynch him and he doesn't die.
4.) NSG hasn't claimed yet AFAIK so you getting targeted by a LOUD? babysitter means nothing.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6256 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 6246, Jingle wrote:
In post 6236, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6227, Jingle wrote:Your list includes all of the people who could possibly explain the lack of scumkill N2.
NSG hasn't claimed has she?
Vecna RB'd mastina, I was targeted by a babysitter, and JJH claimed deathproof.
That's a lie. I was.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6257 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 6253, northsidegal wrote:
In post 6244, northsidegal wrote:let me ask you a question: do you think those two things are reliable criteria in a 250 page large theme game like this, where the game was being held hostage basically ever since i replaced in?

why do you townread nico over me?
one more question: what's the last game that you saw me in where you think i obvtowned and that definitely made me town over scum? because if you're expecting something along the lines of a massive case back in team mafia white flag or something then you should read some of my more recent towngames after summer of 2018. my signature is what it is for a reason (referring to the first line, but the statement also holds true for the second lines).

Also, in what universe would town!jjh defend mastina to the point of being willing to let her endgame him. Please, do tell us.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6258 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Jingle »

On N2, Nico.

On N2.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6259 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3430, Jingle wrote:2/3 of the potential people could still be it. Good enough.

We have a loud doc. I was targeted last night.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6260 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6255, Nero Cain wrote:ok?

1.) Mastina was scum so she wasn't getting shot
2.) Mastina was very unlikely to do the kill b/c scum usually send a buddy with less heat that's likely to not a draw a track. And even if Vecna did stop the kill that doesn't have anything to do with you, JJH or NSG
3.) No way JJH would have been shot when he was defending scum and there's no way to test his death proof claim unless we like lynch him and he doesn't die.
4.) NSG hasn't claimed yet AFAIK so you getting targeted by a LOUD? babysitter means nothing.
Yeah, but that still points at the idea that you want to lynch every explanation we have for the missing kill on N2.

NSG is irrelevant to that. My question is how does that sit with you?
This is a Parachute.
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6261 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 6217, Vecna wrote:So Mr parity cop, why is there only 1 result? And how come you were unaware that there have been 4 nights so far?
Our ability only became available after someone fixed our pinball machine

we chose NSG+Nico because having a "same alignment" on both had the potential of giving us a second guilty if we flipped the first, this way we have to settle for a townclear after we flip red

-rh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6262 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6260, Jingle wrote:My question is how does that sit with you?
I think you are all scummy as fuck and there's still tons of unclaimed roles so...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6263 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 6145, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 6144, Porkens wrote:
In post 6141, Vecna wrote:In what way? The rolecop vs tracker/watcher nonsense you mean?
yeah. RC specifically told me that my role would be revealed, not my action.
Let. Me. Write. This. In. A. Way. You. Can. Understand.

I. Have. A. Misleading. Role.

Why. Do. You. Think. You. Can. Understand. My. Own. Role. Better. Than. I. Can. ?
The mod said he wouldn’t lie to me, and explicitly told me that my role would be revealed to you.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6264 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 6257, NicoRobin wrote:Also, in what universe would town!jjh defend mastina to the point of being willing to let her endgame him. Please, do tell us.
in this one. because he's town by play.

things fall apart
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6265 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 6264, northsidegal wrote:
In post 6257, NicoRobin wrote:Also, in what universe would town!jjh defend mastina to the point of being willing to let her endgame him. Please, do tell us.
in this one. because he's town by play.
Defending mastina to the point of letting her endgame him is not town by play.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6266 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i don't know, i think i need more to be convinced. sell me on it?

things fall apart
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6267 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 6263, Porkens wrote:
In post 6145, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 6144, Porkens wrote:
In post 6141, Vecna wrote:In what way? The rolecop vs tracker/watcher nonsense you mean?
yeah. RC specifically told me that my role would be revealed, not my action.
Let. Me. Write. This. In. A. Way. You. Can. Understand.

I. Have. A. Misleading. Role.

Why. Do. You. Think. You. Can. Understand. My. Own. Role. Better. Than. I. Can. ?
The mod said he wouldn’t lie to me, and explicitly told me that my role would be revealed to you.
Then she lied to me, because the way my role is written, I am rolecop in flavor only, while my actual role is tracker.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6268 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 6266, northsidegal wrote:i don't know, i think i need more to be convinced. sell me on it?
He was willing to let her endgame his own side. Convince me that this fact, along with sheer stubborness, comes from town him rather than scum willing to do anything to protect their buddy.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6269 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

wow, hook line and sinker.

why are you trying to convince someone who should be confscum from your perspective of who's scum?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6270 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

or did you forget about the parity cop?

things fall apart
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6271 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6248, Jingle wrote:
In post 6245, northsidegal wrote:like, people scumread me, whatever. i really don't care in a game like this. when it gets to looking like i might get lynched over fucking nicorobin that's when people need to wake up.
What's your take on the missing kill last night?
This is a Parachute.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6272 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by northsidegal »

oops, missed that. what kind of "take" are you expecting? there are a lot of things that could've happened.

things fall apart
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6273 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

In post 6155, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 6150, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 6149, Lady Angel wrote:VOTE: NicoRobin

If she and NSG aren't aligned with each other, then I don't see any reason to keep her around. Worst case scenario is this flips town and we lynch NSG tomorrow anyways, but if there's garaunteed 1 scum in these two slots then we might as well get started with the scummier one.
I guess one of them could also be indie but I feel like if they were town-friendly indies they would've claimed it by now.
So why is jjh town exactly? For defending scum to the death? Because either he is scum or he is a self-centered idiot, and in both cases he needs to die before he dooms us.
In post 6087, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 6077, THE MEME MEN wrote:I don't super want to directly ask every single player for their top reads but I really do want everyone to give either a reads list or at least their top 5, i.e. @Lady Angel

-rh
The only player I'm feeling really sure on right now is NicoRobin, I don't get why Mastina would go out of her way to protect an easy mis/no (only if town) lynch and scum have definitely been bussing each other this game, so I could definitely see Nico going for it like this. I also think, in terms of role usage, Nico did successfully target Mastina the day she said and went ballistic because she didn't want to out Mastina for... some reason. I don't believe for a second that a redirector would only redirect the results of Nico's roleclaim but still let Mastina choose if she wanted her own role seen or not.

Other than that,
I feel like one of JJH and Jingle is scum
, but not both and past that... I really don't know. There's too many slots in this game that just aren't doing anything right now.

However, we do have a few townclears to work with: Firebringer and Adalbert Steiner (Kuroi slot). Granted, neither of them are doing anything, but I hope they get replaced out for people who are actually going to help or step up to the plate. You're also almost definitely town since you have an ability that lets you win gladiates, which, if I'm understanding this right, would be 100% useless on scum since they win gladaites against her anyways.
Should I make it in Red next time so you don't miss it?
In post 6157, NicoRobin wrote:And you, you too were all like 'fearmongering, fearmongering'. Where is my fearmongering now, huh? Where is it?
You can fearmonger and be right. You were right, but the reason nobody listened to you was because the way you presented your arguments was not condusive to getting people to listen.
te="In post 6158, NicoRobin"]This all is a farce, isn't it.

You are scumreading a player who called you out on you bs multiple times. You want to get rid of me because I dared to do so, admit it.[/quote]
I am scumreading you because you have acted scummy for this entire game. You've done nothing this entire game but scream for Mastina's head and trying to drag everyone who goes against you into a conspiracy. News flash: the world is not out for your head. We're all trying to play the game, same as you. We aren't going to have the same opinions, and that's fine, but when your arguments boil down to this, you're going to get nothing done.
In post 6182, NicoRobin wrote:You wouldn't have lynched her. Not with JJH and LA insisting to keep her alive further.

Either way, you are scum with her, JJH and Porkens, and I am not arguing with scum.
Spoiler:
In post 5589, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5581, Jingle wrote:Is there any specific aspect of their play or is there anything else in particular that makes this scum instead of bad? Do you have any reason to suspect that either of them specifically would be prone to reevaluating?
I haven't played with either of them so until I learn otherwise I expect them to be rational.
In post 5583, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 5577, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5576, Jingle wrote:Your pushes have been the driving force. The two big ones I can remember are Firebringer and NR, both over things that have more to do with being bad than being scum.

Your push on NR boils down to she's being inconsistent and erratic with her role. You've done very little (if anything) to explain why that's more likely to be scum than derptown.
Your push on Firebringer is similar, in that it's very surface level. You're clearly aware of his push on mastina, but not enough to realize that it is in fact a policy lynch push. Something that should be immediately obvious to anyone actually trying to read his alignment.

Of course, both of those stances are correct, but you've done very little to show why they're scum because of them. NR IS being weird about her role. Fire IS tunneling mastina. But that's as far as you get. Additionally despite having those stances, you're far from the most vocal proponent of either case (JJH for Nico, Mastina for Fire), so you're unlikely to suffer much blowback should they flip town.

Also, mastina thinks you're scum, I haven't seen a single post by you that makes me feel the townvibes, and I have a fairly quickly dwindling PoE pool.
The thing that pushes NR and Firebringer from bad/annoyed town to scum for me. Within the spam of a few days we've seen a scum effectively suicide to try and kill her, one of the people she gladiated flipping town making her role soft-confirmed, and a role cop effectively confirm her role. And despite this, we've seen Nico ramp it up even more to what basically amounts to fearmongering, and Firebringer replace out (although I have a hunch that this is to do with Mastina's role, I think it was Shoshin's entrance that pushed him over the edge, so this isn't as solid, but that's why NR is my top scumread). I feel like by this point someone playing to a town wincon would stop, re-evaluate, and see if it was still worth it or not as opposed to just keep going with what they're currently doing it.

@NR what do you think of Creature's claim on Mastina's flavour?
Really? You scumread me for being unable to re-evaluate when jingle and jjh refuse to re-evaluate and consider the possibility she could be scum?

Because as much as you think she is town, no one is 100 % town, and yet Jingle and jjh treat her like she is 100% town based on flimsy evidence at best.
Because Jingle (possible JJH as well, but I specifically remember Jingle) actually
has
, and has mentioned it to you several times which you seem to have conveniently forgotten because you want people to vote her, not "consider the possibility". And I'd hardly call a cop claim that confirms her role to be one of Loyal or Disloyal (both of which produce clears
and can and should be abused by the town considering the town as a whole, including Mastina, agrees that Mastina doesn't live to the endgame)
, one of her targets flipping town, and scum self-destructing just to try and kill her "flimsy evidence" at this point.

Now, once again: What do you think of Creature's claim on Mastina's flavour?
In post 5593, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 5589, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5581, Jingle wrote:Is there any specific aspect of their play or is there anything else in particular that makes this scum instead of bad? Do you have any reason to suspect that either of them specifically would be prone to reevaluating?
I haven't played with either of them so until I learn otherwise I expect them to be rational.
In post 5583, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 5577, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5576, Jingle wrote:Your pushes have been the driving force. The two big ones I can remember are Firebringer and NR, both over things that have more to do with being bad than being scum.

Your push on NR boils down to she's being inconsistent and erratic with her role. You've done very little (if anything) to explain why that's more likely to be scum than derptown.
Your push on Firebringer is similar, in that it's very surface level. You're clearly aware of his push on mastina, but not enough to realize that it is in fact a policy lynch push. Something that should be immediately obvious to anyone actually trying to read his alignment.

Of course, both of those stances are correct, but you've done very little to show why they're scum because of them. NR IS being weird about her role. Fire IS tunneling mastina. But that's as far as you get. Additionally despite having those stances, you're far from the most vocal proponent of either case (JJH for Nico, Mastina for Fire), so you're unlikely to suffer much blowback should they flip town.

Also, mastina thinks you're scum, I haven't seen a single post by you that makes me feel the townvibes, and I have a fairly quickly dwindling PoE pool.
The thing that pushes NR and Firebringer from bad/annoyed town to scum for me. Within the spam of a few days we've seen a scum effectively suicide to try and kill her, one of the people she gladiated flipping town making her role soft-confirmed, and a role cop effectively confirm her role. And despite this, we've seen Nico ramp it up even more to what basically amounts to fearmongering, and Firebringer replace out (although I have a hunch that this is to do with Mastina's role, I think it was Shoshin's entrance that pushed him over the edge, so this isn't as solid, but that's why NR is my top scumread). I feel like by this point someone playing to a town wincon would stop, re-evaluate, and see if it was still worth it or not as opposed to just keep going with what they're currently doing it.

@NR what do you think of Creature's claim on Mastina's flavour?
Really? You scumread me for being unable to re-evaluate when jingle and jjh refuse to re-evaluate and consider the possibility she could be scum?

Because as much as you think she is town, no one is 100 % town, and yet Jingle and jjh treat her like she is 100% town based on flimsy evidence at best.
Because Jingle (possible JJH as well, but I specifically remember Jingle) actually
has
, and has mentioned it to you several times which you seem to have conveniently forgotten because you want people to vote her, not "consider the possibility". And I'd hardly call a cop claim that confirms her role to be one of Loyal or Disloyal (both of which produce clears and can and should be abused by the town considering the town as a whole, including Mastina, agrees that Mastina doesn't live to the endgame), one of her targets flipping town, and scum self-destructing just to try and kill her "flimsy evidence" at this point.

Now, once again: What do you think of Creature's claim on Mastina's flavour?
And furthermore, when exactly do you plan to lynch her? You say you won't let her live until the endgame, but your actions say otherwise.
In case you haven't noticed yet, there's 18 players left in the game and at absolute most 5 scum left. We're nowhere near lylo, and as long as we lynch her before then, we're fine.
That does not mean right now, since there's still very valid use of the role left.[/quote]
In post 5599, Lady Angel wrote:
In post 5595, NicoRobin wrote:No. You either lynch her now, or she'll talk her way out of it when/if you do decide she needs to go. Trust me on this.
No, she's already admitted as early as day 1 that she knew she wouldn't survive to the endgame with this role, and that it had to happen to confirm her targets.
You're blatantly fearmongering because you know her role is insane if it's town, and you aren't town.

What do you think of Creature's cop claim on Mastina? I should not have to have asked this five times in five posts you've directly quoted.
All of these are posts that you yoruself quoted. At this point I can't tell if you're actually reading my posts or not...

It's also really convenient how everyone who didn't agree with you is magically scum, huh? It's almost like you don't really have a way out of what's being said about you.

Don't vote NSG today, that slot resolves on Nico's flip.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6274 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6272, northsidegal wrote:there are a lot of things that could've happened.
Okay. So what do you think those things are? Despite Nero's assertions to the contrary, there are actually very few unclaimed roles when compared to the number of roles we know must exist but don't have a player for. If Nico is scum, then the babysitter didn't stop the kill, which means someone else did. Do you think we are likely to have a Jailkeeper, babysitter, and some additional protective? Do you think the roleblock on Ari stopped the kill, and if so why does he come out with that after I explained my post restriction yesterday and why do you think I was a good town roleblock target N3? Do you think these are fakeclaims?
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”