Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Why was vorkuta nked. Wasn't he the other bw that I didn't want to join?
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

As for the doc claim I agree with flicker. Tho for me I lean more towards the WIFOM side of things
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 350, Bulbazoor wrote:Why was vorkuta nked. Wasn't he the other bw that I didn't want to join?
Simple. Vorkuta and I were linked and he was defending me, and when actual townies buddy up like that, it’s dangerous for scum.

However, Vorkuta death, as scum, from me is weak since I lost my biggest defender.

Vorkuta does over me because I’m more suspicious.

Someone who was scum reading me or lean scum, is scum this implies.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:37 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

I know it’s quite my own fault, but I’m eager for resident to start posting so I can start reading the slot. Can you give us a reads list please?

Otherwise, what an interesting NK. I agree with Flicker, the doc claim could very likely be fake now, but I also don’t wanna jump on that train until we get some posts from resident.

We’re down to 5v2. We basically cannot afford a mislynch today, given our chances to win go way down. Unlike yesterday, I’m up for a no-lynch today if we can’t come to a consensus.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:45 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Also, as a preliminary reads list for D2: I think scum lie in the realm of {Bulba, Flicker, Emperor, Alonzo}, and I’m giving Flavor a solid townread for now. While I did say above the doc claim could be fake, there’s also me that thinks the slot just isn’t scum. However, even as ‘useless’ as the slot may be, I see no reason (other than the slot being scum) why Guten/resident wasn’t NKed. It would have been a pretty obvious NK, yeah, but it’s an extremely safe one. We get little to no information out of a GT/resident lynch because of the lack of activity, unlike Vorkuta...

While this may be a bit of a reach, I would also like to point out that IF GT/resident happens to be scum, it is entirely possible their partner had to decide for themselves who to kill N1, IF resident hadn’t checked in yet. Pure speculation, but keep that in mind.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Also, from my reread of the thread (this WILL be multiple posts. Sorry!):
In post 37, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 7, muh316 wrote:VOTE: Guten tag for not confirming yet
Voting someone for not confirming seems like setting up for a later push on them solely for not confirming early. Guten sounds pretty genuine so far to me. And look at how Flavor tried to vote me for me voting him. It wasn't a forced and weak push. It was an attempt to gouge your reactions and so far you aren't reacting well. Rapidly anger-voting me when I call you out is not a good thing to do. You got defensive as soon as I started attempting to pressure you.
I don’t like this postnat all. It nags me and Bulba is reaching hard
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:57 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 42, Flavor Leaf wrote:I was your scum buddy in one of your first scum games on site, If I remember correctly. Haven’t played with you in years.
Can you please find this game and link it?
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:58 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 44, Flicker wrote:
In post 37, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 7, muh316 wrote:VOTE: Guten tag for not confirming yet
Voting someone for not confirming seems like setting up for a later push on them solely for not confirming early. Guten sounds pretty genuine so far to me. And look at how Flavor tried to vote me for me voting him. It wasn't a forced and weak push. It was an attempt to gouge your reactions and so far you aren't reacting well. Rapidly anger-voting me when I call you out is not a good thing to do. You got defensive as soon as I started attempting to pressure you.
These stances are
such
reaches, but they strike me as slightly towny, given the game state. I think scum are more likely to be sitting back now, and you stuck your neck out, so alright.

As to why I think those are reaches:
  • - Guten literally has 5 words and a vote so far, and two of those words are apologies to the moderator. I don't think you can read genuineness or non-genuiness from those, but even then those seem pretty NAI.
    - Have you considered the possibility that Flavor Leaf's vote on you was also a reaction test? It didn't come across as angry or defensive to me at all.
Pedit: Bulbazoor town read strengthened slightly. (I'm multitasking - poorly - right now, that's why this pedit/post is so delayed.)
Flicker why does/did this seem towny?
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:05 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 55, Bulbazoor wrote:yes. if it was on someone I townread. BUt for me, it's natural to get defensive because I know I am town.
This post reaks of scum. “If it was on someone I townread,” in response to “would you say the same if either of their wagons were at L-1?” So Bulba, you’re telling me, a few real life days into the game, fresh out of RVS, you’d only defend your townreads from a quick-lynch? That’s ridiculous unless you’re scum. Firstly, no way you have strong scumreads by then; and secondly, no one should be quick-lynched. Like almost never. But especially not D1.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:08 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 57, Bulbazoor wrote:I don't know if I trust town if they were willing to lynch me as town. It's a part of me to hate being lynched in any case
But there was no way town would quick-lynch you D1. Why were you getting so worked up? inb4 “Because I hate being lynched” well duh, but come on man, we were barely out of RVS
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:13 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 63, Flavor Leaf wrote:UNVOTE: Bulbazor

Because he said basically "Well SOMEONE has to unvote me because I'm town! Come on, please..."

Not gonna lie, I really felt the genuine ness of it. Is that a solid reason to town read someone? I'm going to say yes. Haha.
In post 67, Flavor Leaf wrote:You should like it, Bulba. We're both town.
Why were/are you so sure he’s town?
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:34 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 131, Alonzo wrote:2sw hard pockets Alonzo...
To this day I have a problem with this post. Later on you say it’s because you townread me. Why not just say thatin the first place? Me pocketing you is not the same as you townreading me, so I just don’t get it. We had little interaction beforehand, but somehow I ‘pocketed’ you. Ok
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:45 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 150, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 141, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 139, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 137, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 134, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 130, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 128, Flavor Leaf wrote:Solid. Good to know you’re just pushing the idea and potential threat of me being scum more than anything else.

;)
Why is me pushing bad? You’ve come across as one of the scummiest players so far.
Why do you assume that as scum I would come across as scummy?

Why isn’t it just my personality for you?

Because you’re wrong. I understand your case and logic. I’m just trying to see if I think you’re coming from a town or a scum mindset putting together a logical case on someone he thinks can be mislynchable.
I never said I’d think you’d come across as scummy if you’re scum. I said I think you’re trying too hard to come across as town, which is scummy.
I don't like coming across as town when I'm scum. It gets me into trouble late game.
How does it get you into trouble late game? It seems the opposite would be true
Late game if I'm town read heavily, have the people on my side, and haven't found scum yet, I'm probably scum. I generally get night killed in those situations or I end up finding at least one scum rather early.

This is why in 13p games, I generally have to go for a perfect scum victory, because that's where my strengths lie as a scum player the most. When I have a team to back me up while I lead.
Ok and I’m not gonna insinuate you’re perfect, plus it was a D1 lynch, but your choice to vote for muh was terrible. As was mine, but I’m not going around saying I have an ability to catch scum early. Also, if my memory serves me correctly, I was the only one with an ACTUAL townread on muh before I took a chance. Sucks to suck at a game you love
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:49 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 155, Flavor Leaf wrote:I kind of just play, and that’s generally the stuff that gets talked about my play from others.

I was confusing on that one part, you’re right.

Generally, I’ve had players state that if I haven’t solved the game by day 3/4 without good reason, I’m probably scum controlling the game.

I get night killed a lot even when I’m coming across as scummy, if that makes sense. I’m generally a hard lynch, and if players who know me are on the scum team, that’s why i’d be night killed.

I think i worded it better here
Stuff like this is why I wanted you lynched, regardless. I’m still reading through and responding, also Thanksgiving was a thing, but you contributed little to nothing late yesterday, save for your final vote. I asked you for a reads list and you didn’t provide one. Please give one now.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:51 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 160, Alonzo wrote:Can we just turbo GT?
Trash post, but I’m not sure what to take from it
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:52 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 168, Guten tag wrote:VOTE: Alonzo
"Why" you ask?
Well let me tell you a story...
In post 169, Alonzo wrote:=) I like this guy already
Seems like buddying, especially since Guten never told us his “story”
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:00 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 197, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Flippy - if you’re a doctor, you can counterclaim Guten. If you aren’t a doctor, just say you aren’t counterclaiming him.
Emperor never did answer this (or more specifically the ask for the ask for a counterclaim), even if it would just be to say no
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:11 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 240, Flavor Leaf wrote:Had a busy day. Has Guten tag given us the trilogy?
Why didn’t you just read the thread? I’ve no idea what goes on in your real life, but it doesn’t take that long to scroll up and just look for Guten’s name if you’re pressed for time
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:14 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 244, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 242, Alonzo wrote:Flavour still isn't posting much....
Just like last game- townFL establishes town cred early on then backs off and kind of lurks for the remainder of D1 before the deadline
With Vorkuta being town and having played with FL recently, I have to trust things like this. That’s basically why he’s a townread for me
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:18 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 251, muh316 wrote:
In post 249, Vorkuta wrote:-> Activity Overview, FL = 51 Posts: He has double your posts lol

So is this your last ditch attempt to get the wagon off you? By trying to shift focus away from you and to policy lynch lurkers?
This screams scummy to me
Which is why I said he's
active
lurking. "Active Lurking, also referred to as Fluffposting or Fillering, is the act of posting (thus differentiating it from ordinary Lurking), but the material posted is irrelevant or otherwise useless for scumhunting"

But anyway, I don't want to lynch FL today because he seems like he can be valuable in the long run given his reputation on this site. On the other hand, Emperor is not just inactive, but just scummy overall. No strong opinons, lurking, and staying away from the limelight are major scumtells in my book. He's not just a policy lynch.

Sure, I want to get the wagon off of me and find the real scum especially because the deadline is so close.
Kinda wanna place a vote on Emperor just cause muh had suspicion for him. Alas, it’s not good enough at the moment. I’ll be placing my vote on someone else momentarily when I’m done responding
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:28 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 297, Bulbazoor wrote:I want a good logical reason on why muh is town
I held off on responding to this when it came up (mainly because Alonzo asked for a reason he’s scummier than Vorkuta, Bulba replied saying Vorkuta was scummy too, and at the time I wanted Vorkuta lynched), so call me a hypocrite for doing it now, but-

All of muh’s posts were genuine. If you didn’t see it then, I implore you to reread the thread and convince yourself otherwise. The fact that muh was my sure-fire townread and you’ve been pushing him all game earn you my vote.

VOTE: Bulba
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:33 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 325, Flicker wrote:R.I.P. this game, killed by Thanksgiving.

Since I won't have much chance to post tomorrow, I'll just say that I'm not as opposed to lynching between Guten and Emperor as I was yesterday. Hopefully we get a replacement for Guten who does something, and Emperor can do something more than just asking about abbreviations (hint: voting), and we can get a lynch today and get back on track D2.
You weren’t opposed to lynching Guten but hope his replacement says something. How will he/she do that if Guten gets lynched?
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:39 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 348, Flicker wrote:
In post 347, Bulbazoor wrote:Ok guys. Why wasn't doc claim killed?
WIFOM or scum, I think. WIFOM, because it was a near-useless slot that claimed in a possibly suspicious way. Scum, because it's a fake claim.

At the moment, I'm tempted to lynch Emperor for being kind of useless, especially as the day progressed. But, like I said, I want to reread the thread, and see if I can find any associatives between pairs.
Why would you lynch Emperor for being useless? I mentioned this above; we can’t afford a mislynch or our chances of winning drop considerably.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:40 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 350, Bulbazoor wrote:Why was vorkuta nked. Wasn't he the other bw that I didn't want to join?
This isn’t alone scummy, but the fact I already find you scummy just makes me think this is you trying to deflect suspicion
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:49 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 354, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Also, as a preliminary reads list for D2: I think scum lie in the realm of {Bulba, Flicker, Emperor, Alonzo}, and I’m giving Flavor a solid townread for now. While I did say above the doc claim could be fake, there’s also me that thinks the slot just isn’t scum. However, even as ‘useless’ as the slot may be, I see no reason (other than the slot being scum) why Guten/resident wasn’t NKed. It would have been a pretty obvious NK, yeah, but it’s an extremely safe one. We get little to no information out of a GT/resident lynch because of the lack of activity, unlike Vorkuta...

While this may be a bit of a reach, I would also like to point out that IF GT/resident happens to be scum, it is entirely possible their partner had to decide for themselves who to kill N1, IF resident hadn’t checked in yet. Pure speculation, but keep that in mind.
This remains *mostly* accurate as of my responses. (This is also my last post of the tirade, btw.)

Honestly, the only thing I would change is my read on Alonzo. Most of his posts are very town to me, except a select few, such as the turbo lynch post. After responding to so many posts and getting a strong read like that on him, I truly forget why I placed him on my scumread list in the first place.

That leaves {Bulba, Flicker, Emperor}. As I’ve done, I remain content with voting Bulba. He’s my best scumread.

Can the rest of you also give your full reads list and let everyone know who you’d be content lynching today with the information we have? Thanks

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”