Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 370, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 297, Bulbazoor wrote:I want a good logical reason on why muh is town
I held off on responding to this when it came up (mainly because Alonzo asked for a reason he’s scummier than Vorkuta, Bulba replied saying Vorkuta was scummy too, and at the time I wanted Vorkuta lynched), so call me a hypocrite for doing it now, but-

All of muh’s posts were genuine. If you didn’t see it then, I implore you to reread the thread and convince yourself otherwise. The fact that muh was my sure-fire townread and you’ve been pushing him all game earn you my vote.

VOTE: Bulba
Your reasons for voting me are awful. You imply I can't have a wrong read on someone. Muh didn't seem as genuine back then. My opinion is that you are basing this on hindsight because of his town flip. Your basis for voting me sucks because you assumed I knew he was flipping town or something. And if you thought he was so genuine, why didn't you respond to what made him town? When I posted about it.?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

TBF the fact that I am your best scumread here when my push seemed in no way forced makes me angry.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Also, I don't see you ever defending him other than calling someone else's vote o him comical. Why defend him now? This screams hindsight to me
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:02 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 270, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 231, Vorkuta wrote:Ok then please indulge me- why bad? Has he done stuff to deserve insane townie points in your eyes?
Yes, actually. muh's my best townread. Sure, I'll disagree with his doubt in regards to the doc claim - I for one hopped on the believer's train because he's a noob. But other than that, he's done nothing scummy in my eyes so far.

(If you want my honest opinion, I want Guten replaced because we've asked him repeatedly to give his reads and he decides to pop in and make extremely short posts instead. Regardless, I'd rather not go for him today, for two reasons: I've already expressed my belief in his claim; and, I'd rather let him lurk long enough to get replaced so I actually have a chance to read the slot. When he doesn't post, paired with being new, I see no reason to jump to any reads whatsoever. It's extremely annoying, but yeah.)
It’s not a lot, but here’s something. Other than that, I don’t know what you want me to say. Nearly all of his posts seem like he wants to further the game, he was - unfairly - pushed for illegitimate reasons, such as: posting too much fluff (by Flicker), your line where you say muh doubting the doc claim is suspicious, and whoever said his “tone” was scummy.

Hey man, I hammered the dude. I can’t honestly say there isn’t a bit of hindsight. My logic stems from the idea that was my hammer was terrible as and for town, and that my original read, which I should have stuck with, was correct. Therefore anyone who doubted him before the aforementioned lynch is suspicious in my eyes.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:07 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

^ and by further the game, I mean he dealt with the criticism fairly well, didn’t try to rush through the day, and wanted as much information as possible. That’s towny
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

You can't assume he was a universal townread or something
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:55 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 380, Bulbazoor wrote:You can't assume he was a universal townread or something
But I can assume you’re scum for repeatedly pushing him when he didn’t do anything scummy...
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:55 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

Tell me exactly what made him scummy in your eyes. Please use quotes from the game if applicable
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Flicker »

So, here are the notes from my reread (which was actually just ISOs, so I might have missed a little):

Spoiler: This is a mess, sorry
Alonzo - gonna go with my townread for now, also Denzel is cool
Bulbazoor - gonna go with my townread for now, also Bulbasaur's too cute to be a killer
Emperor - mentions or interacts with everyone a little, nobody really stands out as someone he's avoiding or interacting with a lot; could be scum with anyone
Flavor - kind of 1v1s Bulbazoor and 2nd; interacts a lot with Emperor for mostly NAI reasons (friendship and ICing); interacts with everyone else at a pretty consistent level; can't tell if he actually feels like town or if I just want him to be town, but I doubt he's scum with 2nd or Bulbazoor
2nd - pushes Flavor (and now Bulbazoor), interacts with others pretty consistently relative to their activity (like, guten was basically non-existent, vs Vorkuta who was more present); super-high level scum or just town (mostly based on the hammer), probably town
Guten - basically no interactions, only really saved by doc claim yesterday; could be scum with anybody

VCA - one scum on lynch wagon, one off usually a good assumption
On wagon - Bulbazoor, Guten/replacement, Flavor, 2nd
Off-wagon - Alonzo, Emperor

Most likely on wagon: Guten
Most likely off wagon: Emperor

Is the scum team just Emperor/Guten's slot? It feels like too easy a solve, but my last game was a large (Overkill 1) where the easy solve was also the correct one, so IDK.

I'm a little more comfortable voting Emperor for now, just to give Guten's replacement a chance to post and hedge against the chance the doc claim is real.

VOTE: Emperor flippyNips
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Flicker »

@residentcalleddean
: Claim your N1 target in your first post, please and thank you.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 353, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:We’re down to 5v2. We basically cannot afford a mislynch today, given our chances to win go way down. Unlike yesterday, I’m up for a no-lynch today if we can’t come to a consensus.
Not sure I agree with this. I know 3/2 LYLO is tight (not that we're guaranteed it with a possible doctor), but another lynch still gives us more information and helps narrow down the pool of suspects.
In post 357, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Flicker why does/did this [Bulbazoor's post ] seem towny?
It's like I already said - it was too awkward and reachy and unnecessary a post to make if Bulbazoor was scum. It was also the first longer, more explanation-filled post of the game, which stands out and seems like bad play for scum. Given that Bulbazoor's an SE, I think he would know better than to post that as scum, especially with how experienced he seems to be (based on join date and post count).
In post 371, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:You weren’t opposed to lynching Guten but hope his replacement says something. How will he/she do that if Guten gets lynched?
1) "Lynching between Guten and Emperor" isn't the same as wanting to lynch Guten (I was leaning more towards Emperor, a feeling I have obviously carried into today).
2) I hoped we'd get a replacement sooner and have more time to see what they said (but somebody hammered two days early :neutral:).
In post 372, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Why would you lynch Emperor for being useless? I mentioned this above; we can’t afford a mislynch or our chances of winning drop considerably.
Sometimes, people are useless because they're scum. In the absence of any other scum reads, that's all I've got.

(Also, this repeated insistence that "we can't afford a mislynch or our chances of winning go down" - especially with the maybe scumread on me (so is it really
our
chances of winning?) - smell a little LAMIST. Maybe I'm overthinking it and your hammer is actually scummy...)
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 361, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 131, Alonzo wrote:2sw hard pockets Alonzo...
To this day I have a problem with this post. Later on you say it’s because you townread me. Why not just say thatin the first place? Me pocketing you is not the same as you townreading me, so I just don’t get it. We had little interaction beforehand, but somehow I ‘pocketed’ you. Ok
In post 364, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 160, Alonzo wrote:Can we just turbo GT?
Trash post, but I’m not sure what to take from it
You're not wrong, these posts are designed to be a little provocative, whilst also giving a direct tell on where my head is at at any given moment.
I do still TR your entry and push on Flavour, the hard pocket reference was follow up sarcasm from my post about Vork pocketing Flavour like he did, and echoing the sentiments Flavour gave for his read on Vork.

I realise with hindsight these terms are to eccentric for the points I'm trying to make, but they were designed with reaction testing in mind which is my usual D1 MO

Also I see you have 180'd on Flavour based on meta, So tell me what you know.... I'm having trouble sorting Flavour so far.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 381, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 380, Bulbazoor wrote:You can't assume he was a universal townread or something
But I can assume you’re scum for repeatedly pushing him when he didn’t do anything scummy...
I did not like his push on the doc claim when he could have been real. How hard is that to understand? I went blind to anything else because that just seemed like something that didn't have to be done.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Alonzo »

Focus wise Im looking at Guten/Flippy/Flavour today
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 342, Rob14 wrote:muh316: Bulbazoor, Flicker, residentcalleddean, Flavor Leaf, 2ndStoryWindow (5)
Flavour what was your reason for wanting Muh dead?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 356, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 42, Flavor Leaf wrote:I was your scum buddy in one of your first scum games on site, If I remember correctly. Haven’t played with you in years.
Can you please find this game and link it?
Oh dang...yeah, I’ll do some searching tonight. It was a long time ago on my other account when Bulb was newer.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 389, Alonzo wrote:
In post 342, Rob14 wrote:muh316: Bulbazoor, Flicker, residentcalleddean, Flavor Leaf, 2ndStoryWindow (5)
Flavour what was your reason for wanting Muh dead?
It was time for the day to end, and he wasn’t a town read.

I don’t have strong scum reads this game.

I’m town reading Bulba because he made some plays like the pulling off of me that was townie.

I’m town reading 2nd because he’s doing a try hard town mentality game solvey play.

I’m town reading Emperor because as scum, I don’t think he’d be as lost as he is or wagons getting pushed.

That’s where I’m st right now.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Sorry, I’m still recovering from the catch up of my VLA. I’m in a lot of games.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I might be lean scumming Flicker because he did the opposite of 2nd and looks like a try hard scum mode activated.

I feel Emperor was the easy way out with that reads list, and sat on the fence for most of the reads.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

The “gonna go with town for now” is why I said they all seem to be fence sitting. Flicker could be swayed either way, and chose to push the most inactive person. There’s the least amount of pushback involved, and Flicker seems to be trying to project townieness with the big reads list.

VOTE: Flicker
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Flicker »

In post 393, Flavor Leaf wrote:I might be lean scumming Flicker because he did the opposite of 2nd and looks like a try hard scum mode activated.

I feel Emperor was the easy way out with that reads list, and sat on the fence for most of the reads.
If you're talking about just my notes today, that wasn't a reads list, it was a possible associatives/teams list. I didn't make that clear in the post, but in the last post of mine before that I said:
In post 348, Flicker wrote:But, like I said, I want to reread the thread, and see if I can find any associatives between pairs.
Pedit:
The “gonna go with town for now” is why I said they all seem to be fence sitting.
Eh, mostly that's just me being lazy. Sue me.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Rob14 »

residentcalleddean has been prodded.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades