MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1535, Auro wrote:Is it a reasonable expectation from town to submit to a governed Excalibur cop, at the cost of possibly being a NK? I think it absolutely is, since it helps the game move forward a great deal. Maria, do you not think so?
Maybe. I can see pros and cons for both I just know I cared about my own survival more to play another day then do 2 things I hate being `1) If I did have the sword be clear and have to kill myself later or 2) Just die outright so I took option 3) Not take the sword keep playing and someone else be clear.

By me not going for the sword we had someone that wasn't getting a lot of trs dead and a new clear. I don't see the issue here.
Pedit: Exactly
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1547, MariaR wrote:Also I don't see whats wrong with me not wanting to take the sword.
It makes no sense if you’re town. If I’m you, I WIFOM to throw scum off the track, hope no one else tries to claim it and 100% go for it.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1542, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1533, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1529, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1443, MariaR wrote:
In post 1431, Something_Smart wrote:What do you think about my idea? Where Maria (and nobody else) claims the sword if LLD flips scum?
If this is the plan I refuse to go for the sword.
In post 1444, MariaR wrote:Like the whole point of me going for the sword is so I live ya know? If I die the point is moot
In post 1446, MariaR wrote:w/e do I rly have a choice I'll just die either by scum nk or by town lynch zz
In post 1447, MariaR wrote:I won't go for the sword...or maybe I will we'll make scum guess
In post 1458, MariaR wrote:I'm not doing it just so I can be a nk I rather play the game ty.
Tbf Dunn, this makes total sense. Why does scum!Maria say she’s not going for the sword, as opposed to making excuses for not being the one to claim it. Because FG, said that the potential swordclaimer can be NK’d before they can hypothetically become bp right?
Scum maria can't gaurantee that town goes for the sword

It looked like UT and varsoon were backing off it at eod

So if it lays there unclaimed after she said she'd go for it she's outted
In post 1468, FakeGod wrote:

Day 2

Excalibur is
claimed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2018-12-09 22:00:00)

You asked me why Maria did something, I responded why she would, there's no contradiction due to the sword being claimed - after all, Maria
did the thing
, and I was speculating on
if she hadn't done the thing
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1551, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1547, MariaR wrote:Also I don't see whats wrong with me not wanting to take the sword.
It makes no sense if you’re town. If I’m you, I WIFOM to throw scum off the track, hope no one else tries to claim it and 100% go for it.
What I absolutely do NOT do, is to encourage specific players to claim it, because that would hurt MY chances of getting it.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1545, MariaR wrote:
In post 1532, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1446, MariaR wrote:w/e do I rly have a choice I'll just die either by scum nk or by town lynch zz
This one Maria

Why would you die by town lynch if lld was scum?
That's not the point you were trying to make though. You were saying I implied I knew LLD would flip town. How does this point relate to that at all.
Because that's what it looks like to me
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by MariaR »

If I say I'm going for the sword high chance I die
If I do go for the sword I need to give it away or I die at some point.
What option made it so I live? Say I'm not going for the sword and let someone else take it. Pretty simple if you ask me
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1550, MariaR wrote:
In post 1535, Auro wrote:Is it a reasonable expectation from town to submit to a governed Excalibur cop, at the cost of possibly being a NK? I think it absolutely is, since it helps the game move forward a great deal. Maria, do you not think so?
Maybe. I can see pros and cons for both I just know I cared about my own survival more to play another day then do 2 things I hate being `1) If I did have the sword be clear and have to kill myself later or 2) Just die outright so I took option 3) Not take the sword keep playing and someone else be clear.

By me not going for the sword we had someone that wasn't getting a lot of trs dead and a new clear. I don't see the issue here.
Option 4) Pretend you're going for the sword up until someone else hammers, then back off and list 4 other players to take the sword without there being any more time for discussion
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1550, MariaR wrote:Maybe. I can see pros and cons for both I just know I cared about my own survival more to play another day then do 2 things I hate being `1) If I did have the sword be clear and have to kill myself later or 2) Just die outright so I took option 3) Not take the sword keep playing and someone else be clear.
You wouldn't have to kill yourself if you got the sword, it's still not proven that it's worth suicides to get the sword to Arthur.

I didn't get the last part about someone else being clear?

I actually like that Maria admits to not trying to claim the sword, and not excusing this as WIFOM. Seems genuine to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1552, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1542, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1533, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1529, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1443, MariaR wrote:
In post 1431, Something_Smart wrote:What do you think about my idea? Where Maria (and nobody else) claims the sword if LLD flips scum?
If this is the plan I refuse to go for the sword.
In post 1444, MariaR wrote:Like the whole point of me going for the sword is so I live ya know? If I die the point is moot
In post 1447, MariaR wrote:I won't go for the sword...or maybe I will we'll make scum guess
In post 1458, MariaR wrote:I'm not doing it just so I can be a nk I rather play the game ty.
Tbf Dunn, this makes total sense. Why does scum!Maria say she’s not going for the sword, as opposed to making excuses for not being the one to claim it. Because FG, said that the potential swordclaimer can be NK’d before they can hypothetically become bp right?
Scum maria can't gaurantee that town goes for the sword

It looked like UT and varsoon were backing off it at eod

So if it lays there unclaimed after she said she'd go for it she's outted
In post 1468, FakeGod wrote:

Day 2

Excalibur is
claimed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2018-12-09 22:00:00)

You asked me why Maria did something, I responded why she would, there's no contradiction due to the sword being claimed - after all, Maria
did the thing
, and I was speculating on
if she hadn't done the thing
Yes because presumably someone else -perhaps one of the surviving 3 of the 4 players she mentioned?, has it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1558, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Yes because presumably someone else -perhaps one of the surviving 3 of the 4 players she mentioned?, has it.
ok...?

Your original point was asking why Maria would tell other people to go for the sword instead of not just going for it
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1556, Dunnstral wrote:Option 4) Pretend you're going for the sword up until someone else hammers, then back off and list 4 other players to take the sword without there being any more time for discussion
Either she or LLD were gonna be lunched (using this word instead of "lynched") anyway, why would she backtrack only after the hammer? Scum!Maria would've been consistent about it from before anyway, right?

It never did really look like Maria would be lunched over LLD, too.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1553, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
What I absolutely do NOT do, is to encourage specific players to claim it, because that would hurt MY chances of getting it.
Well considering I was never going for it in the first place that clears up your point
In post 1554, Dunnstral wrote:
This one Maria

That's not the point you were trying to make though. You were saying I implied I knew LLD would flip town. How does this point relate to that at all.
Looks like what? I asked what posts make it look like I know LLD would flip town. You've never cleared that up you're pushing a whole dif topic
In post 1556, Dunnstral wrote:

Option 4) Pretend you're going for the sword up until someone else hammers, then back off and list 4 other players to take the sword without there being any more time for discussion
I was debating it. You could see my thoughts in the thread until I said fuck it I'm not going for it. I listed people who should take the sword. Look who scum nightkilled. Someone in
my
list.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1559, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1558, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Yes because presumably someone else -perhaps one of the surviving 3 of the 4 players she mentioned?, has it.
ok...?

Your original point was asking why Maria would tell other people to go for the sword instead of not just going for it
Yes, I’m speculating that maybe one of those 3 may have claimed it. What do you think of her straight up saying she didn’t want to claim the sword?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by MariaR »

It's not like me saying "I'm taking the sword" was the reason LLD got lynched over me. So why does me backing off from the sword make you raise a brow when other people did the exact same thing.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1561, MariaR wrote:Look who scum nightkilled. Someone in my list.
Also, Something_Smart wanted Maria to go for the sword only if LLD flipped scum. If he was alive, he would've argued that it's fine for Maria not to have gone for it -- which leads me to think that scum may have planned a Maria push for today.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1561, MariaR wrote:
In post 1553, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Well considering I was never going for it in the first place that clears up your point
In post 1554, Dunnstral wrote:
This one Maria

Looks like what? I asked what posts make it look like I know LLD would flip town. You've never cleared that up you're pushing a whole dif topic
In post 1556, Dunnstral wrote:

I was debating it. You could see my thoughts in the thread until I said fuck it I'm not going for it. I listed people who should take the sword. Look who scum nightkilled. Someone in
my
list.
It doesn’t make a lot of sense for you to have killed anyone on your list.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1564, Auro wrote:
Also, Something_Smart wanted Maria to go for the sword only if LLD flipped scum. If he was alive, he would've argued that it's fine for Maria not to have gone for it -- which leads me to think that scum may have planned a Maria push for today.
Are you scumreading Dunn then?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1566, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Nope, I'm just much less confident on Maria being scum.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't think there was any real indication that S_S was going for the sword, though?

You writing a name down in a list doesn't matter
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1561, MariaR wrote:Looks like what? I asked what posts make it look like I know LLD would flip town. You've never cleared that up you're pushing a whole dif topic
I pointed it out and moved on
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1567, Auro wrote:
In post 1566, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Nope, I'm just much less confident on Maria being scum.
This is why we need to 100% stick to DVa’s plan to let the 2 players with the majority of hurt tags gladiate. Elsa shouldn’t have tried to unnecessarily played town hero by pushing LLD to try to save herself.

Had we had a duel that we had had enough time to decide on. we likely wouldn’t even be in thus situation. :/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

And I'm pretty sure I remember that you did agree to taking the sword before the lynch
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1569, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1561, MariaR wrote:Looks like what? I asked what posts make it look like I know LLD would flip town. You've never cleared that up you're pushing a whole dif topic
I pointed it out and moved on
So threw useless shade with no real base or reason behind it and hoped no one would notice got it.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

No we had more than enough time to decide on a duel yesterday - you guys were too caught up in the mechanics to look at reads, and that's coming from me
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1568, Dunnstral wrote:
I don't think there was any real indication that S_S was going for the sword, though?

You writing a name down in a list doesn't matter
It does look good for Maria though because why does scum!Maria kill one of 4 people she suggested claim the sword?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”