Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6825 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 6823, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 6820, Shoshin wrote:I feel like Wheme's sharper than this as town. Anyone disagree?
No one does lmao
I feel like this has come up a few times but you also say not to follkw meta so...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6826 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by profii »

Anyone got any further summaries to add that I should be looking at?

Operation mass information intake to commence in T minus 15 hours after work :o
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6827 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 6822, Shoshin wrote:This feels like a very unfair characterization of my play so far. Can someone else weigh in on this? I need an outsider's view, please.
I think you think you're more obvtown than you are. Nero is naturally aggressive though, so don't take any of his wording too personally.

You're still probably town though.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6828 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

Also, profii, the vast majority of the thread is worthless noise. I would focus on the things said immediately before and after both scum lynches and just skip mechanics walls entirely. (Most of the mechanics walls are me/jj.)
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6829 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

Also, my ISO has hurtcounts in it that you might prefer to use for VCA if that's your jam. They're a little buried, but the formatting was decent and they were more accurate than votecounts from the mod for a couple phases because of the way we decided to play the game.
This is a Parachute.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6830 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 6815, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6782, Shoshin wrote:I care about behaviors.
Well, you don't seem to really go in depth about why you are reading the way you do or how you feel about things. It seems like you've mostly thrown a hissy fit when I was scumreading you and thrown out some random unexplained reads. I mean there could be more but that's really what I remember.
In post 6782, Shoshin wrote:Why are you trying to outguess what RC would do in his games? He likes to do wacky things, in case you haven't realized yet.
he also explicitly stated he would not have given a role like Mastina's to town. So the whole "RC does crazy things" feels like an excuse to keep paranoia alive.
In post 6784, profii wrote:So if any of yall dispute please speak up and I’ll go form my initial opinions
you should just ISO the living-Fire.
In post 6800, Vecna wrote:Pretty bad slot to give a gun to.
he (fire) was giving the gun to Wheme to SHOOT Gamma. :igmeou:
An even worse slot to give a gun to
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #6831 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6755, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6751, Vecna wrote:while his role will have to die regardless for scum to have any shot at this game
Wait, is this about Fire? ok yeah but I don't understand that as a response to "I guess the next thing is how he treats Gamma. Like he sort of freaks out when Fire was going to give Wheme a gun to shoot Gamma and then he starts to argue a Fire/Gamma team. " Walk me through it.
Ok walk me through this?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6832 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6830, Vecna wrote:An even worse slot to give a gun to
but why would you care if Wheme was going to shoot someone you were scumreading?
In post 6831, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ok walk me through this?
Are you asking me or Vecna?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6833 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:52 am

Post by profii »

In post 6829, Jingle wrote:Also, my ISO has hurtcounts in it that you might prefer to use for VCA if that's your jam. They're a little buried, but the formatting was decent and they were more accurate than votecounts from the mod for a couple phases because of the way we decided to play the game.
Christ this sounds like I am going to have fun, *deadline check* I feel like I need time to comprehend this
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6834 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:15 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Let's make a VOTECOUNT
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6835 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6817, Creature wrote:Keep Gamma
Keep Porkens
Keep Wheme
Would remove Vecna
Would remove Lady Angel (if I can solve that result problem)
Would remove Jingle (just because nihilism tbh)
Would remove myself obviously
Keep jjh927
Keep Aristophanes
is "keep" the people you think could be scum and "would remove" town reads?

Assuming yes, Porkens/Wheme/JJH and Ari is where you think the tow not Nico/NSG scum are at?
In post 6821, Shoshin wrote:I'm telling you that my reads are based on behaviors, not what people claim or the investigative results they claim to have.
ok but I'm saying that you haven't really explained these behaviors.
In post 6822, Shoshin wrote:This feels like a very unfair characterization of my play so far. Can someone else weigh in on this? I need an outsider's view, please.
You start out the game mostly defending yourself b/c there were some players that felt your late entrence in the game was scummy or something. I then vote you for ~reasons~ and you go batshit crazy.

Hard scum reads Jingle. Hard scum reads Creature. Said you town read Jingle b/c he was "leading". Back to null on Jingle. Votes NSG. Town reads NSG. Town reading Jingle again and JJ is town. Jingle is your weakest town read. Ari is a town read. Drops the town read on JJH b/c you think his voting for Varsson made no sense.
In post 5677, Shoshin wrote:I agree on lynching Fire.
scumreading Fire or at least hedging on his wagon.
In post 5737, Shoshin wrote:
In post 5732, WhemeStar wrote:I feel like jingle is scum
Yeah, maybe.
I guess null reading Jingle.
In post 6294, Shoshin wrote:I'm a protective role, actually. A bodyguard.
claimed her for ???? reason.
In post 6299, Shoshin wrote:I've got you, Adelbert, Pork, Creature, NSG, Gamma, Jjh, Vecna, Meme, and Lady Angel as town.
In post 6309, Shoshin wrote:Looking at this, I'd say maybe one of NSG, Invis, JJH, Nero, Vecna, Jingle, and Lady Angel is scum, with distant possibility that there's two scum in this group.

Most of the scum is in the group of
Creature
, Nico,
Gamma
, Aristophanes, Wheme,
Shiro, or Sora
You had just got done calling the green colored slot town but now they aren't....
In post 6769, Shoshin wrote:Me, you, Fire, Creature, NSG, JJH, Pork, and Vecna are town.

Nico & Wheme are scum.

And then there's a bunch of nullish among Lady Angel, Meme, Aristophanes, Gamma, Jingle, and Nero. I'd say best place to start would be sorting these players to figure out the last scum.

So I feel that my saying you have alot of unexplained and unexplained read changes is fairly accurate. And the one's you have explained (JJ, NSG, Pork) it seems like its just "this is thier town game."

I'd like to hear words about Creature, why LA is no longer a town read, Vecna, and why Gamma is no longer a town read.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6836 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:16 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Because of the relative importance of said hurtcounts, I'm considering making a compilation post of them.

Lmk by pm or in game your thoughts on that.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6837 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5340, Shoshin wrote:You're positive Mastina is town? Why?
In post 5467, Shoshin wrote:Can you also explain why Mastina is town, jjh?
I'm also a little worried that these are the things scum say we they know their scumbuddy is getting misread.
In post 5439, Shoshin wrote:Are you town, Invis? If you're replacing out, at least do us one last favor and tell us your partners if you're scum?
Also thought this was p scummy.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6838 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6832, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6830, Vecna wrote:An even worse slot to give a gun to
but why would you care if Wheme was going to shoot someone you were scumreading?
In post 6831, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ok walk me through this?
Are you asking me or Vecna?
You.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6839 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6836, RadiantCowbells wrote:Because of the relative importance of said hurtcounts, I'm considering making a compilation post of them.

Lmk by pm or in game your thoughts on that.
Go ahead.
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6840 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What am I walking you through? All I know is Vecna was scum reading you and then when Fire was going to give Wheme a gun Vecna kinda freaked out. And I don't have a clue what you are doing.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6841 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:54 am

Post by Creature »

In post 6835, Nero Cain wrote:is "keep" the people you think could be scum and "would remove" town reads?
yes
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6842 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:55 am

Post by Creature »

It's keep in the PoE
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6843 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:56 am

Post by Creature »

In post 6835, Nero Cain wrote:Assuming yes, Porkens/Wheme/JJH and Ari is where you think the tow not Nico/NSG scum are at?
*where scum are

Also I'm going from your list, I may be missing someone you didn't include in
Sigh
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6844 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:04 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 6840, Nero Cain wrote:
What am I walking you through? All I know is Vecna was scum reading you and then when Fire was going to give Wheme a gun Vecna kinda freaked out. And I don't have a clue what you are doing.
Was I scumreading him though? Its a long time ago, but I think I was town or nullreading Gamma at that point? I dont think Ive ever had a (strong) scumread on the Gamma slot. Im still having trouble getting any real read on the slot, cant really imagine it was very different at the start. Maybe I should refresh my own memory.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6845 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6840, Nero Cain wrote:
You’re walking me through the chain of events. Though I was mostly wondering who the fuck you were talking about, which you answered here.
<Embrace The Void>

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6846 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:15 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2276, Vecna wrote:
In post 2252, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 2192, Firebringer wrote:wait my role gives guns not allows me to shoot...

u troll rc.

I will give a gun to whoever promises to shoot gamma if he isn't lynched.
I’ll shoot gamma
feels like a bad shot to me
In post 2327, Vecna wrote:
In post 2319, Firebringer wrote:wheme is the one i am giving a gun to btw.
yeah very smart since his pool of scumreads contains three of your townreads :good:

giving guns to people that admit not even having read most of the game.....what a time to be alive
Yeah, this is what I said about the gun thing. I did not state any read whatsoever on GE before this happened. Not sure where youre getting that impression from.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6847 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 6837, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5340, Shoshin wrote:You're positive Mastina is town? Why?
In post 5467, Shoshin wrote:Can you also explain why Mastina is town, jjh?
I'm also a little worried that these are the things scum say we they know their scumbuddy is getting misread.
In post 5439, Shoshin wrote:Are you town, Invis? If you're replacing out, at least do us one last favor and tell us your partners if you're scum?
Also thought this was p scummy.
I do like these reasons for being susp of Shoshin btw.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6848 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:02 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 6827, Jingle wrote:I think you think you're more obvtown than you are. Nero is naturally aggressive though, so don't take any of his wording too personally.
I don't take it personally. I'm more concerned with sorting Nero. He's trying to make it seem like all I've done is "throw a hissy fit" (where?) and "thrown out some random unexplained reads" (why are the reads automatically "random"?), but I've done a lot more than just that. Maybe the amount of time I've spent on this game doesn't show since I had to read 200+ pages but I've also been spent a fair amount of time interacting with players.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6849 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 6835, Nero Cain wrote:ok but I'm saying that you haven't really explained these behaviors.
I've left lots of my analysis unspoken. Is there some reason you think I can't weigh behaviors over roles unless I explain every single piece of behavioral analysis that I engage in?
You start out the game mostly defending yourself b/c there were some players that felt your late entrence in the game was scummy or something. I then vote you for ~reasons~ and you go batshit crazy.
I went "batshit crazy"? Where?
Hard scum reads Jingle. Hard scum reads Creature. Said you town read Jingle b/c he was "leading". Back to null on Jingle. Votes NSG. Town reads NSG. Town reading Jingle again and JJ is town. Jingle is your weakest town read. Ari is a town read. Drops the town read on JJH b/c you think his voting for Varsson made no sense.
You make it sound like there's something wrong with these changes... What's scummy about changing reads?
So I feel that my saying you have alot of unexplained and unexplained read changes is fairly accurate.

Yes, that's true. Is that all I've done? And even if it's all I've done, why is leaving things "unexplained" scummy to you? I feel like you should know better than to suspect players for leaving reads unexplained, since large numbers of townies don't explain reads and many don't even explain reads when directly asked to explain.
And the one's you have explained (JJ, NSG, Pork) it seems like its just "this is thier town game."

I'd like to hear words about Creature, why LA is no longer a town read, Vecna, and why Gamma is no longer a town read.
I said a lot more about those reads than "this is their town game." I went pretty in-depth on NSG & Pork, including discussion of their meta.

Creature replaced someone (forgot who). I remember townreading whoever Creature replaced, and then when I read Creature's post, that confirmed my townread on the slot. I have some tells on Creature that I don't think others have (it's not the typical ones of "how engaged oro awkward is he" that people usually point to), and this is clearly his town game.

As I said before, LA was initially a scumread in my notes based on the way she was reacting to the early dayvig thing and Vax. I strongly townread Vax in the first few pages of the game, and thought her response around that felt awkward and unnatural. I started reevaluating LA when NSG said she was town. I had NSG as strong town, so I took another look at LA. Despite some early awkwardness, she had more nuance in her analysis that I would have expected from her as scum, so I started thinking she was townish. I'm not convinced because there's still a part of me that feels some her reactions are unnatural, so she's sort of nullish at the moment, in my pile of potential scum but not at the absolute bottom.

Gamma was a townread earlier in the game because of his post about letting the game breathe. I thought that came from a town mindset of trying to let others weigh in and to prevent the game from clogging up too much with unhelpful posts. But none of his follow-up posts have felt great to me. He's just sort of there, not doing much. In my recent town games with Gamma, he ranges from just there (American Presidents) to actively thinking about the game a lot more (parts of TAZ, Pokemon), so it's hard to say his alignment. He's in precisely that nullish spot where I think scum tend to hide, since he's really managed to avoid too much pressure. I don't have clear thoughts on his slot at this moment.

Vecna obviously played with a post restriction early, so in my notes I had him as leaning town. I tend to view post restriction roles as more likely to be town than scum. It was a weak read. Then he started posting, and I think his analysis has a certain level of depth and nuance that I don't think scum produce easily. He could have continued posting simpler posts, especially after establishing his slot as one that would be difficult to sort, but instead he started really getting into the game in a way that felt very town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”