AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 129, AlmostNancy wrote:Hello, everyone.. it's me.. A50 :]

I'm in the process of catching up, but I thought I'd let you know we probably landed the strongest TPR in the game. It's as strong as they come. Scum should be afraid of us. VERY afraid of us.

Yes, I can unequivocally state that we are bulletproof strongwilled triple doc tracker/watcher comulsive vig. Scum should just concede rn.

:lol:

But yes scum should be afraid of us, due to play because we will catch them.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 841, Irrelephant11 wrote:Please remain in-hydra for ISOing purposes
A large part of my townread on you came from sheeping Skitter, who can read Almost50 very well
It wasn’t intentional.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 846, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 844, Almost50 wrote:
In post 830, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 717, Varsoon wrote:
In post 714, Shoshin wrote:
In post 705, Not_Mafia wrote:Oh this started, who’s scum?
Not_Mafia is town.
Yeah this is the kind of play that's so drastically different than mine that I scumread it by default.

@Performer: I mean that people townread AlmostNancy for no good reason.
Varsoon, you’re worrying me a little here. The last time you thought I might be scum was in BoD where you wound up being scum. I hope I’m not reading you wrong again here?
In post 832, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 722, Irrelephant11 wrote:
I would like to remove AlmostNancy from the townblock
unless/until Skitter townreads Almost50 again. Still a townlean though.

VOTE: Xtoxm’s reaction to pressure being *disappearing* isn’t a good look
:(

Why?
In post 838, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 738, the worst wrote:
In post 717, Varsoon wrote:@Performer: I mean that people townread AlmostNancy for no good reason.
I'm actually finding myself agreeing with this spicy take a little. I actually townread her as well but her scumgame is formidable and every time someone says she's hard town/locktown I already I stop breathing for a second.

A50 is >>>>more readable than Nancy and I'm not even sure I hard townread him yet
Really? You think I’m “unreadable”? I’m not quite sure how I feel about this. OOH, it means you think I’m a good player, OTO, you aren’t reading me correctly yet. :/

Yes, I agree, I do play well as scum but fwiw, I promise you I am not scum here.
Picking up for Nancy :]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What’s so funny?

Oh nm, I get it. :lol:

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 850, skitter30 wrote:
In post 843, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 739, Shoshin wrote:What's the difference between town/scum Nancy? I haven't seen her scum games.
If Ank were in this game, she’d tell you. There are definite tells but she’s one of the few players who can read them.

Feel free to ISO me in Heroes Wanted, Overkill 1 and Halloween Dance. The last one is probably not helpful though.
ok in the first game you have like 1300 posts, in the second you play across three accounts, and the third you only have forty posts and seemed to have repped in after day1 iso'ing you to find out how scum!you feels about playing day1 is kinda difficult

i did ctrl+f for things like 'day', 'flip', 'nervous', 'day1' to see if you ever talked about being nervous playing day1 as scum but didn't turn up anything useful, but tbf i got kinda bored of the 1300 page iso and trying to track who was posting when in overkill1 and didn't peruse it *that* deeply

i will try to check the scum pts tho
Heroes is the best read of the 3, just sayin.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 864, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 858, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 811, Xtoxm wrote:Bc he's seen my scum game
I know nothing of your meta. Can you post a link to a town and scumgame of yours?
Sure. Any specific scenario you're looking for or just want me to pick 2 at random?
I guess, whatever you think is most helpful.

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 707, skitter30 wrote:
In post 703, Nauci wrote:700 seems towny to me but I don't know if I'll ever trust my read on Keyser again lol

Keyser xtoxm only has like 8-10 posts please check because it's the other prominent wagon

Okie I'm going back to sleep until my hives go away

Yes, yes I do have the worst medical luck
why do you think is townie for him? did he recently fool you as scum or something?
No, I recently tunneled him while he was actually town
In post 731, Shoshin wrote:
In post 715, Performer wrote:I need to reread xtox for why he's being voted.
I find this sort of post very scummy. I haven't looked into it before but I have a sense that scum talk about needing to "reread" a major wagon without weighing in a lot more often than town, and it's especially common when the scum is posting about a whole bunch of stuff yet avoiding the main wagon he should be focusing on.

But I'll meta Performer before coming back to him.
I like this and it's part of why I have bad feelings about Keyser (but also, there's a lack of real time interaction on that slot)
In post 742, Performer wrote:
In post 728, Creature wrote:Still leaning scum on teacher and Performer
You know, I used to think creat was virtually auto town due to activity but that empty vote is alarming, and after that game where he was active in portions of it but slid by on a fake claim, I began realizing creat was developing his scum meta.

@shos xtox has been forgettable, so have others, so I've had to reread his iso. Can go with an xtox vote.
VOTE: xtoxm

--------
In post 700, Keyser Söze wrote:- town-Performer’s tone is just scummy (he’s never gonna be a mass town read player)
- ‘opportunistic’ jumping on wagons (here on the early wagons on Mitillos and Shoshin)
- is not methodical (he asks questions, but does he follow up with chasing answers, and do they help him?)
- lacks charisma (his drive and ‘energy’ is low this game)
I want to say I disagree with all of these :neutral:
This post makes me super suspicious
In post 754, Mitillos wrote:VOTE: Performer

That unannounced L-1 is troubling to say the least.
^
In post 760, Shoshin wrote:
In post 758, Varsoon wrote:This isn't LYLO, shoshin.
It doesn't work that way.
I'm talking about the player Not_Mafia, not some abstract notion about how mafia is supposed to work.
:lol:
In post 813, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 802, skitter30 wrote:@tw: the way a50 is playing rn is actually reminding me of jungle republic

idk if that's because he isn't really into it yet or if he's using memes to appear active
I am actually letting Nancy play the leading role here and confining myself to culinary services and strategic support. She deserves to actually PLAY the game while feeling a bit more secure than she does on her own, don't you think?

Once I've got her to beat that insecurity I will play as an equal.
The way you talk about her is kind of bizarrely patronizing

---

Towny:

The worst
Mitillos

Town lean:

Irrelephant
Shoshin

Null:

Nancy
Skitter
NM
Xtoxm

Bad juju:

Keyser
Performer
The slot formerly known as teacher
Saudade

Keyser, buddy, come at me bro I want to see content from you

Case us already! (I assume Irrelephant11 is on board with this sentiment regardless of alignment)

I might move my vote to performer after a VC but for now I'm on mobile and haven't kept track
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Cmon Nauci at least put me in the readslists.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Hey, so, I'm going to be somewhat busy through Monday (grading mostly), so my output will be minimal (I'll still be around, though). Afterwards, I'm going to make a thorough reread of everyone and give a comprehensive reads list, at which point I should have at least one solid, serious scumread, despite this being D1 (since the question was asked).
In the meantime:

@Nauci: When you add Varsoon to your list, please also add Creature. I'd like an explanation on your Saudade read, as I'm null on him.

@Irrelephant: I believe you claimed PGO. If that was a serious claim, could you also tell us your flavour?

@Shoshin: If N_M quickhammers as both mafia and town, then wouldn't the fact that he didn't do so here be non-alignment-indicative? Scum-N_M might avoid hammering because Xtoxm is his buddy, or because he wants to avoid being suspected by those who don't know this meta of his (e.g. me), or because he is worried that Xtoxm is vengeful. The last two reasons would also be valid for town-N_M.

I'll ask more questions to the rest of you if I think of any.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I’m Rory swann
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 883, Mitillos wrote:@Shoshin: If N_M quickhammers as both mafia and town, then wouldn't the fact that he didn't do so here be non-alignment-indicative? Scum-N_M might avoid hammering because Xtoxm is his buddy, or because he wants to avoid being suspected by those who don't know this meta of his (e.g. me), or because he is worried that Xtoxm is vengeful. The last two reasons would also be valid for town-N_M.
If Xtom's town, not hammering should clear NM. If Xtom's scum, it could go either way. I don't think NM would ever worry about vengeful, regardless of alignment.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 874, Xtoxm wrote:Well as you didn't specify I'll go for victories where I survived endgame. As those are more memorable. Here's a town one:
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=64329
Thanks. The only real difference I could pinpoint between them, is that as town, you tend to ask a lot of questions and as scum, you make a lot more conclusions.

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:32 pm

Post by Nauci »

I think I believe Irrelephant's claim

As scum he'd have been hard pressed to claim early because his instinct would be to keep all options open as long as possible, and probably get some idea of the claim space before doing anything. Townrelephant would definitely worry about tpr checking him
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 887, Nauci wrote:I think I believe Irrelephant's claim

As scum he'd have been hard pressed to claim early because his instinct would be to keep all options open as long as possible, and probably get some idea of the claim space before doing anything. Townrelephant would definitely worry about tpr checking him
Fifteen players square off in a game with flavor based on the Starcraft universe.
There will be a mafia faction, they will have daytalk.
There may be at least one third party role
All anti-town players will have full fake PMs including flavor
10 day day 1, 8 day dayphases after that, 2 day nights (deadlines will be extended during holidays)
This is not a bastard game. No cults, no mid-game alignment changes
Hydras can have a max of two heads
Schadd_ and Mastina are backup moderators
Do you think there’s a flavour cop in this setup?

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:24 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 881, Nauci wrote:Towny:

The worst
Mitillos

Town lean:

Irrelephant
Shoshin

Null:

Nancy
Skitter
NM
Xtoxm

Bad juju:

Keyser
Performer
The slot formerly known as teacher
Saudade
Did I die and not realise?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:26 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 884, Irrelephant11 wrote:I’m Rory swann

What?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by Creature »

I forgot what I was going to say
Sigh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:43 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 820, AlmostNancy wrote:@skitter: Are you telling me you don't KNOW Nancy hates D1 and almost never posts anything that has meat on it? Her play starts on D2. Even I know that and I think I only played her once.
..... I actually disagree heavily with this I think
in Labyrinth Mafia her d1 reads were bad but she was super super obvious town (like I think she was the only universally townread player; myself and Anka were probably on track before the Underground but w/e)

In Heroes Wanted she had the exact same presence day one even as scum

I'm also not really sure why it's relevant or whether there's even a point in lying about this... I think Nancy's play definitely improves in later phases but like nearly everyone's does

Do you think she isn't playing strongly here? She was suggested for like core town more than once I'm pretty sure
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 827, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 816, the worst wrote:I'd almost feel disrespectful to the quality of your scumgame (remember 09:12 :facepalm:) if I didn't voice this when I felt it.
In a way you might be right now, because you're saying scum!me is avoiding the thread and hiding behind memes rather than taking the podium and playing everyone like dolls. :twisted:
In post 828, AlmostNancy wrote:@tw: Let me rephrase that. Do you really think I'd be afraid to play and actually take charge of the game if I was scum?
Interesting point....hard maybe?
Comparing like Earthbound (we both powerwolfed, but moreso you, in spite of the player list) to 09:12 I definitely think that you're capable of playing the suave card and working your way into the townblock before exercising dastardly schemes.

09:12 you were very reserved until Math hard vouched for you on meta I'm pretty sure, might owe this one a reread now
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 838, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 738, the worst wrote:
In post 717, Varsoon wrote:@Performer: I mean that people townread AlmostNancy for no good reason.
I'm actually finding myself agreeing with this spicy take a little. I actually townread her as well but her scumgame is formidable and every time someone says she's hard town/locktown I already I stop breathing for a second.

A50 is >>>>more readable than Nancy and I'm not even sure I hard townread him yet
Really? You think I’m “unreadable”? I’m not quite sure how I feel about this. OOH, it means you think I’m a good player, OTO, you aren’t reading me correctly yet. :/

Yes, I agree, I do play well as scum but fwiw, I promise you I am not scum here.
Like Ankamius claims she can read you really well now (I think there's enough evidence to the affirmative but that's a story for another day)...but also she divines her reads from some astral plane which I do not have access to and I don't really understand how she sees your alignment so clearly

I don't think you're totally unreadable but I personally really struggle with it :/
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:52 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 847, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 741, the worst wrote:
In post 739, Shoshin wrote:What's the difference between town/scum Nancy? I haven't seen her scum games.
I'm literally not sure. She posts HEAPS and has the same kind of off beat solving as scum, she had me 100% duped in Heroes Wanted.

we only caught her because Sakura Hana YOLO suicide-dayvigged her
What “solving” if any, did I do in that game? :lol:
What solving did anyone do in that game? I read like 40% of it but everything I saw up until the day Sakura was turned to stone, you were totally in sync with the townblock and seemed to be solving pretty much in line with the way you solve as town :(

do you think I'm misremembering? gimme something to look for in your Heroes Wanted iso which is a point of contrast from your towngame? I will not re-read HW but I'm happy to do some homework
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 868, skitter30 wrote:Because there's a paucity of townposts accompanying the memeposts. And i didnt call you scum for it, but rather said i wasnt townreading you for it, which is not at all the same thing
This is probably me atm. looking at both A50's and Nancy's reactions to being scumread I actually think they both vibe town but I also don't think I'm going to get this read right and confident on day one this time
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 am

Post by the worst »

In post 881, Nauci wrote:Towny:

The worst
Mitillos

Town lean:

Irrelephant
Shoshin

Null:

Nancy
Skitter
NM
Xtoxm
Nauci can you tell me why me/Mitillos tier is above your read on Rel, and Shoshin, respectively?

Also kinda curious whether you've got any kind of feeling towards skitter as of yet...I'm nullreading her fairly strategically so mostly curiosity...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:06 am

Post by the worst »

Rel's claim is a contributing factor to him sitting super deep in my towncore. I think there's a fair few reasons it doesn't come from scum!rrelephant and I genuinely don't believe that the paranoid scum!rrelephant moment I had while I was thinking about the claim is actually valid
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:12 am

Post by the worst »

The A50/Nancy posts a couple of pages ago really don't resonate with me at all. :S

Creature how are you feeling about Nancy?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”