Newbie 1903 | Stuff I Found Online Vii | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 241, Thespio wrote:
In post 234, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 231, Thespio wrote:I did post intent, if your claiming a Pr since it’s d1 I would be in favor of lynching someone else.
You really sure you want me to claim?
Also we have 3 days left so we shouldnt be in an hurry.
No, I’m telling you if you don’t want to I’m fine waiting until D2 for a claim.
This is also a really weird post but I can't tell if it's like TMI or spewing or what.

Why would not claiming here allow him to live? You literally posted intent to hammer him or did you not plan to hammer at all? Why post intent then? Looks a lot like PR hunting.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.09Q: What's big, grey, and proves the uncountability of the reals? A: Cantor's diagonal elephant.

The joke is referring to the Cantor Diagonal Argument, a proof technique that Cantor originally used to prove that even if you tried to associate one real number with every integer, there'd still be real numbers left over. (Amazingly, you can "count" the rational numbers - i.e. all of the possible fractional numbers. As a math major to show you sometime, it's a neat trick.)

More maths jokes explained so you can laugh next time you hear them.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

0verki11
(3): Roo, LCpl Jones, teacher
teacher
(1): 0verki11

Not Voting
(5): RCEnigma, snowbeast, Thespio, naturalbreadcrumbs, skitter30

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-12-09 08:45:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!

naturalbreadcrumbs is V/LA until Thursday.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Plotinus »

LCpl Jones0 and snowbeast1 have been prodded. They have (expired on 2018-12-07 02:08:17) to post before I start looking for replacements.

edit: LCpl Jones was prodded erroneously so it doesn't count as a real prod.
Last edited by Plotinus on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowbeast
snowbeast
Townie
snowbeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by snowbeast »

I'm here, my post didnt reflect.

I have been on the road a bit - away from the game but in my head I have been thinking.
I'm not 100% sold on random lynches - it decreases the towns chance, however it also shows who is maf as they (I would assume) would want to push a vote on a townie.

I wont vote overkill until I have read all I have missed
snowbeast
snowbeast
Townie
snowbeast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by snowbeast »

After a long read to catch up. First things first:

@Roo - a response.

My first game the mod told me when I replied to her e-mail was I had to repeat my role to her to show I understood. Secondly why I thought the 4 questions where compulsory was due t their being a senior player in a noobs game. I assumed it was a way for the senior player to get us to post that we understand the game.
I have been lambasted for thins to the enth degree and yes, maybe I was a bit sloppy, but I saw this as a bit pointless.
WRT my dictatorship comment, it initially felt as if one person said something and most people where too scared to think differently. I am starting to learn it's day 1 pressure you guys put on us to get somebody to crack.

None the less, after not playing with Overkill before I do find his posts shorter than mine, no real substance at all. It is the same as how you all voted for me.
I would like to hear a more substantial defense from him as to why I should not Vote for him and place him on L-1.
If we look at he throws an incredibly random vote at teacher for contradicting himself with regards to being second voter.
YEs Teacher contradicts himself, but Teacher gives a very strong town read. I feel an attempt at starting a new bandwagon so early on is very scummy even if he is taking some heat off of me.

RCE drives me bonkers as he has a solid answer for everything, so I do think he is a townie - as much as I would like to vote against my first voter :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

VOTE: .. I would like to state my intent of putting Overkill on L1 and not sure how you guys do it so I did it my way for now
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 253, snowbeast wrote:I'm here, my post didnt reflect.

I have been on the road a bit - away from the game but in my head I have been thinking.
I'm not 100% sold on random lynches - it decreases the towns chance, however it also shows who is maf as they (I would assume) would want to push a vote on a townie.

I'm also here - I think plotinus might have missed our last posts...?

I'm not sure I agree with you here. On day 1 a random lynch barring anyone slipping is about the best you'll get. If you can get a few towns and lynch the scummiest person remaining, then there is a much greater chance of correctly lynching.

I also don't see who was proposing a truly random lynch...?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 238, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 237, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 235, teacher wrote:Claim. Intent has been posted. You’ve softed enough anyways that “scum” already knows :lol:
Ehh, was worth a try, im VT lmao.
Was trying to bait a nightkill onto me, if that wasnt obvious, and im leaving the motive of it at that.
I'm not sure what to think of this. I don't like your PR softing, while in contrast I can see your claimed motive for it as being true...
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 255, LCpl Jones wrote:I'm also here - I think plotinus might have missed our last posts...?
I don't know why I didn't see your post from yesterday when I looked this morning, but it's definitely there now. I've removed the prod from your count.

LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 242, Thespio wrote:
In post 235, teacher wrote:Claim. Intent has been posted. You’ve softed enough anyways that “scum” already knows :lol:
Nvm then, if you flip green I’m leaning against teacher.
This post feels wired to me ...
I think I need to unvote and reread thespio
UNVOTE:
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 240, 0verki11 wrote:And as I said wasting 3 days is dumb.
You want to have a claim around 3 days before deadline so that there can be another consensus if there is a claim that persuades people to go away.

I dont have time to reread this morning, so will have to follow along and I will try to case someone tonight if I havent been sold on something in the interim. (It's these sort of RL commitments that makes acting before deadline make sense)
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:01 am

Post by Plotinus »

naturalbreadcrumbs0.5 has been nudged. As they are V/LA, they have another few days before they'll be prodded.

Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Roo »

First a note on the Overkill developments. I'm having a hard time believing all of this so I am not removing my vote. First, Overkill softclaims a power role to avoid getting lynched. Then when we pressure him to claim, he says he is a VT but only to bait a night kill onto him. This is just starting to feel a little unlikely. I never viewed Overkill as reliable so him coming in with this just seems too unlikely.

Then there is this
In post 234, 0verki11 wrote: You really sure you want me to claim?
In post 238, 0verki11 wrote: Was trying to bait a nightkill onto me, if that wasnt obvious, and im leaving the motive of it at that.
Overkill seems to be throwing everything at the wall and seeing what will stick. First its we have 3 days don't be in a hurry. Then after his nightkill baiting excuse he just says he's leaving his motive at that? So you have your back against the wall, you soft claim a pr, then abandon that, and all you give us is a couple sentences and saying you won't elaborate further? Then you throw out Breadcrumbs name, with no explanation at all. I guess I'm just trying to figure out why we should buy any of this?

Not to mention there is still this post from earlier in the week
In post 117, 0verki11 wrote: Just leave me, I dont think ive ever played a town game where D1 I havent been a little lynchbaity, it will improve D2 and onwards.
It feels a lot more suspicious in hindsight.

This ended up being longer than I originally anticipated, another post coming shortly
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Roo »

In post 254, snowbeast wrote:After a long read to catch up. First things first:

@Roo - a response.

My first game the mod told me when I replied to her e-mail was I had to repeat my role to her to show I understood. Secondly why I thought the 4 questions where compulsory was due t their being a senior player in a noobs game. I assumed it was a way for the senior player to get us to post that we understand the game.
I have been lambasted for thins to the enth degree and yes, maybe I was a bit sloppy, but I saw this as a bit pointless.
WRT my dictatorship comment, it initially felt as if one person said something and most people where too scared to think differently. I am starting to learn it's day 1 pressure you guys put on us to get somebody to crack.

None the less, after not playing with Overkill before I do find his posts shorter than mine, no real substance at all.
It is the same as how you all voted for me.

I would like to hear a more substantial defense from him as to why I should not Vote for him and place him on L-1.
If we look at he throws an incredibly random vote at teacher for contradicting himself with regards to being second voter.
YEs Teacher contradicts himself, but Teacher gives a very strong town read.
I feel an attempt at starting a new bandwagon so early on is very scummy even if he is taking some heat off of me.

RCE drives me bonkers as he has a solid answer for everything, so I do think he is a townie - as much as I would like to vote against my first voter :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

VOTE: .. I would like to state my intent of putting Overkill on L1 and not sure how you guys do it so I did it my way for now
First some mechanical notes - if you aren't voting for anyone, you don't need to use the "vote" tag. Also you only need to state intent when someone is already at L1. This is detailed in . I would highly suggest you go read it, and ask questions if you are unsure.

You saying "how you all voted for me" seems to be very misleading. I'm fairly confident that Teacher and RCE were the only 2 players to cast votes for you. This is a simple point, and not exactly helping your credibility to me. Additionally, that last sentence of the second paragraph is a real head scratcher to me as well. Where is this heat on you? I'm not even entirely sure who the "he" is, who is taken this "heat" off of you, Teacher or Overkill?

To me it just feels like you are acting very self interested right now, and only looking for your own protection. It doesn't feel like you are actively scum hunting. You even make this case on Overkill by agreeing with things that have already been talked about, but then it ends in you voting for nobody. I understand you are new to this, but it is all starting to feel suspicious.

Can you expand at all on your support for having a very strong town read on Teacher?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 258, LCpl Jones wrote:
UNVOTE:
Ask away, i have no quarrel explaining why
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 am

Post by teacher »

In post 250, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 231, Thespio wrote:I did post intent, if your claiming a Pr since it’s d1 I would be in favor of lynching someone else.
This is also a really weird post but I can't tell if it's like TMI or spewing or what.

Why would not claiming here allow him to live? You literally posted intent to hammer him or did you not plan to hammer at all? Why post intent then? Looks a lot like PR hunting.
i interpreted this as two days before deadline, but yours is actually more logical and I will reread based on it.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 am

Post by teacher »

In post 263, Thespio wrote:
In post 258, LCpl Jones wrote:
UNVOTE:
Ask away, i have no quarrel explaining why
i think the concern was not the logic of 0veri11-me polarity, but rather the somewhat lining-up-lynches subtext which can be scummy.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:29 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 264, teacher wrote:i interpreted this as two days before deadline, but yours is actually more logical and I will reread based on it.
This is what i was referring to, that if we wanted to look at other people before forcing a role claim today in game i would be fine waiting for it to get closer to the deadline.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 265, teacher wrote:i think the concern was not the logic of 0veri11-me polarity, but rather the somewhat lining-up-lynches subtext which can be scummy.
I could die tonight, want to make sure my voice carries to tomorrow, when im off work ill go into detail into my reads thus far
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 am

Post by teacher »

Same here on the work aspect. It’s my lunch break and I have fat fingers on a small screen. See you tonight
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 244, 0verki11 wrote:I could probably see Breadcrumbs flip scum as well, they would be my third guess.
In post 245, 0verki11 wrote:
Yea, I didn't want to push a PR claim further than the softs so im just going to stop now.
these two felt kinda townie to me in the moment, but rereading them i'm not really getting that vibe as much anymore

==
In post 249, RCEnigma wrote:
I kind of want to Lynch Thespio for the disconnect between his strongest scum leans being Teacher and myself and then ignoring that we both advocated an Overkill lynch.
I don't see Overkill/Skitter being a team so the unvote looks really good for Skitter imo.

So I guess my order would be Thespio, breadcrumb, ???
huh, i didn't even catch that

he's not really feeling that townie to me here tbh; i'm not super following his thought processes

i'd be down to pressure him actually

i'm still not feeling that great about snowbeast tbh, there's very few concrete opinions and a lot of explanations for why he doesn't have any

and breadcrumbs - i totally understand the pressure of finals but when they are here they feel a little lacklustre to me? but i feel like that can be explained by being busy this week irl and i'd prefer to perhaps wait few more days irl (or into the next gameday even) to sort that to see if it's a continuing ongoing thing or just a busy-irl thing

==
In post 253, snowbeast wrote:I'm not 100% sold on random lynches - it decreases the towns chance, however it also shows who is maf as they (I would assume) would want to push a vote on a townie.

what do you mean by random lynches?

also town kinda needs to lynch; it's our only way to remove mafia in this game. yes, it's possible that we may be wrong, but there aren't really any other mechanism to get rid of mafia so it's a risk we need to take

==
In post 254, snowbeast wrote:Secondly why I thought the 4 questions where compulsory was due t their being a senior player in a noobs game. I assumed it was a way for the senior player to get us to post that we understand the game.
even though some players here have more experience, communication from a player like teacher is not the same thing as communicatin from the mod - if the mod wants you to confirm your role to play, you need to do that to play. if a player (of any experience level) in the game, once the game has started, wants you to answer questions their, you're free to choose whether or not you'd like to answer them. however, if you fail to do so, they may in turn found you suspicous for your response or lack of response; that's kinda how this game goes. you don't *have* to do anything to play the game beyond following the rules outlined in plot's post in the op.

(didn't plot ask you to verify your role as well)

and yes, a significant part of this game is talking to people and trying to pressure them to see if they behave in a 'strange' or 'scummy' way - that's one of town's mains tools for identifying mafia

==

kinda think jones is townie actually
having some second-thoughts on roo tho
In post 261, Roo wrote:It feels a lot more suspicious in hindsight.
why is this more suspicous in hindsight?
==

hey rce you want to vote thespio with me?

i feel like this could be a good wagon
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 269, skitter30 wrote:hey rce you want to vote thespio with me?

i feel like this could be a good wagon
I am all for pressure, but this ^ sketches me out a little. If you read me scum just vote me, ask me what you want to know, but the idea you are shopping for a good wagon comes across scummy to me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

idk i think it'll be more effective at this stage in the day if there were more than one vote on you

i'm not asking for permission, i'm trying to find out if he's willing to help me make a wagon because me and my one vote doesn't do all that much by itself

but sure, i'll start it now

VOTE: thespio
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Roo »

@skitter it feels more suspicious in hindsight because by Overkill saying he is always lynch baitty on day 1, it makes it seem like it’s normal for him to play like this. And then what do you know, we have him at L-1 and he goes for it all by this fake soft claim strategy.

When I read Overkill’s ISO there isn’t anything there that in my opinion makes him seem credible. Pretty much every assertion he has made he doesn’t really back up with anything. So it makes it incredibly hard for me to take him at his word at this point that the fake pr soft claim strategy was to make him some night kill martyr to protect the real power roles. It all just doesn’t add up to me.

It seems more likely to me that he fake soft claimed the power role to draw out a counterclaim and expose a real power role.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Roo »

I think this is further backed up by the fact that there was no counter wagon at all at that point. If he’s scum, it would’ve been incredibly hard to put attention onto someone else. So instead he chose this.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Thespio »

1) skitter30
Scumlean

I find that they identify pocketing as something that they do when some and then having them comment on teacher buddying RCL as susp as a flag for me. Then we have their proposition for a wagon rather then posting their opinion and then pushing like town ought to.

2) Roo

Town Lean

I feel like Roo has been constructive, nothing to crazy.

3) naturalbreadcrumbs0.5

Nuetral/Town

The V/LA messes with this one, but I believe they are likely town based on what theyve posted while they were active

4) snowbeast1 replaces RainZI
Nuetral/Scum

I feel like the scum vibe i get might just be the fact they are new, but I'm leaning towards nuetral

5) 0verki11
Scum

I do think based on my experience with overkill they come across grossly scum earlygame. The lack of explanation for their actions makes it look like they dont have any reason for what they do which i read as scum. I bought teachers explanation on this in #219, even though i sr him the explanation given makes sense.

Dont really buy the claim at this point

6) RCEnigma (SE)
Town

My push on RCE leaves me satisfied that they are not scum, If they had given more insight to the game, and I felt like they had more information then town should at this point I would have read them scum, but I didnt so I am satisfied with my call.

7) LCpl Jones (SE)

Townlean/neutral

I feel like hes constructive, playing like town would in my mind so i lean town with jones.

8) teacher (IC)
Scum/nuetral

this is becoming more neutral, i saw their point with overkill which is why i pushed them. Its also why i said i would flip to teacher day 2 ig if overkill had flipped green. I think the way handled RCE, and the way they seem to try to shift things urks me. I would like pressure here but I think others tr him too hard.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”