Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Xtoxm »

If we're both town*
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:26 am

Post by the worst »

Sure, that's reasonable. I'm fairly curious to see Performer's case on Creature but I think I agree with you on him and Harpoon.

How are you feeling on the {Nauci, Keyser} dynamic? I'll avoid discussing like Shoshin and stuff because I know her playstyle can take some adjustment to read confidently at first but how about say skitter and Mitillos?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Nauci has gone from being confident enough in scumreading me to call the teacher slot town on that basis, to avoiding my wagon and putting me back at null which I find a bit confusing.

I'd have Keyser at null or nulltown. Nothing there that I find suspicious.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Skitter is having similar feelings to me re:a50, and I take likeminded thinking as a possible town indication.

Millions isn't memorable for me, he's null.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Nauci »

I mentally recategorized your slot from one that needed pressure and was struggling to fake town to one that might do better to generate actual content if given room to breathe
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

For the record, these last few pages of xtoxm posts have been good stuff.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Varsoon »

I like it.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Yeah I agree actually
Which means scum slipped into my nullreads/townleans or is Performer
This player list is too long I can’t remember my PoE
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 945, skitter30 wrote:which posts do you classify as 'meatier'?

also i'm not entirely sure how to read you tbh

a lot of the things you say i just don't feel like are hard to fake, if that makes sense? like you make sense and have decent arguments and opinions but i don't know if that makes you *townie*

i only got over this last game when you pr-claimed so idk how to sort you here really
I consider posts that are more mindset revealing or contain more content/viewpoints about the game on a relative basis "meatier." I thought his early posts gave me next to no insight while the subsequent few caused my views to shift as previously mentioned.

I'm not super concerned with being town read by people (in early days) so long as you all interact with me to solve the game, tbh. I think some players here will have an easier time reading me but so long as my contributions produce useful content from and to me, I think I can inch the game towards victory and I'll get enough content to put up high analysis posts and even paranoia driven big cases like I did to blackvoid and Keyser :lol: (but really, those 2 games taught me that scum are perfectly capable of high effort but will fall into the middle of the pack when it comes to passion and WIM if they make it towards the end and it's increasingly hard to fake game solving)
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Nauci »

I'm waiting for a VC to move my vote just in case performer is in -2 territory (or for posts from him to change my mind)

But his posts feel the most feigned to me out of everyone's and have consistently stayed in that spot

Side note: every time ducky has been easy to read was a result of him being pressured somewhat so I'm feeling a little paranoid about having thrown him the early town read

Irrelephant, how are you reading skitter? I think I need help on this one.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 949, Xtoxm wrote:I townread Creature. His comments on my early posts felt accurate and genuine, and I don't see much incentive for him to do this as scum. He was the first person to entertain the idea I could be town.

I townread Varsoon. Previosly when I've asked him if we're both scum he reacted much more firmly. This time he was just like "possibly". And as I said I think unvoting me comes from a town place.

I'm getting a townlean on you just because you're trying to engage me. I could see scum doing that to his dying mislynch tho so I won't write you off yet.
this post actually bothers me a little bit - it feels you're giving townleans/reads to people that townread you / not pushing you as scum

like the reasons you townread people is because of how they interact with *you* and it's kinda ... narrow-focused i guess? like doesn't incorporate broader play/happenings really but rather focuses on the fact that they're considering townreading you

i understand that you might be feeling out of sync of the game and the players you aren't familiar with so that may well account for this approach ot the game but it does feel a little strange/off to me

==
In post 958, Nauci wrote:I'm not super concerned with being town read by people (in early days) so long as you all interact with me to solve the game, tbh.
fair enough, fair enough
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 903, Nauci wrote:Also if he is town I hope scum don't have a shot of bp and murder him anyway because I'd be a sad
panda
!
Nauci is Toogeloo??!!!!!!!!
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 743, skitter30 wrote:ok, how do you describe your towngame?
Well...people have said I play robotic, I play scummy, I play old school, that I'm traditional. The below would probably characterize it:

-A lot no nonsense play (getting to the point)
-Generating wagons because that allows for scumhunting (reaction testing, how people act about it, etc)
-Belief in d1 setting a tone for rest of the game
-Policy lynching, self voting = to be avoided
-Looking at multiple factors to see if someone is scummy
-Working with those who think similarly or same as myself
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 779, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 716, Performer wrote:
In post 607, AlmostNancy wrote:Performer seemed to be OMGUSSING
A50 none of my thoughts on my wagon were omgus . I don't omgus.
:lol:

Wow. Apparently I’ve misread a few of the posts and mixed up Nancy with a50...I thought I was able to separate the two better. :lol:
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 911, AlmostNancy wrote:I asked A50 why he is being so memey and he said, he plays differently every game, so he can’t be read based on meta. I hope that doesn’t get us mslynched at some point.
@Nancy: Why do you care if we get mislynched here? It's their loss, not ours. We have this UTTERLY STRONG ROLE that guarantees the Town to win the game eventually. Remember?

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 796, the worst wrote:I'm starting to TR NM as well
I dont see how anyone can get an impression outside of null for nm so far.
In post 806, Xtoxm wrote:I dont feel like town-a50 can have a legit scum read on me here so thats a little sus

But what does my opinion matter
How would he not have a legit sr on you?
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 881, Nauci wrote:Towny:

The worst
Mitillos

Town lean:

Irrelephant
Shoshin

Null:

Nancy
Skitter
NM
Xtoxm

Bad juju:

Keyser
Performer
The slot formerly known as teacher
Saudade
nauci aren't you missing a few people here?
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 913, Irrelephant11 wrote:I would like Nancy to stop towncasing herself now (if A50 is also doing that I would like that to stop as well)
Please and thank you <3

That's exactly the issue I intend to address and cure in her play. Nancy & hebi are 2 players that get nervous seeing 2-3 players FoSing them even in large setups, which is weird. I am in the process of convincing her to ignore any suspicion or even voting thrown our way unless we get to say L-3/L-2, THEN we can start worrying.

Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Performer »

@irrel:

The why about Creat is since he brought up a third party role, the host stating there is at least 1 third party, and his series of posts of who he had as tr and as sr, along with his sr on mew .
I dont see how anyone could get an impression on teacher’s 1 post. it’s ridiculous that someone could get an sr off 1 post with barely any content PLUS team that person with me.
Additionally, creat has sr me with no reason yet somehow has xtox as tr.

There’s also something about your claim that I don’t want to get into at this time, that makes me think third party is likely in this game…but I think this would be better discussed on later phase(s).
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 935, the worst wrote:I can't sleep and I'm thinking about the a50/nancy hydra too much. I actually feel like scum!A50 is quite a lot less likely to reach out to skitter there than town!A50 is (especially considering he's not like INTO this game as such)

this feels kinda reach and abstract but I guess if they are scum it's probably with a pretty weak team? like otherwise what is the point of all the exposure of reaching out this early?

pedit: SAUSAGE NO
do you need the essence of bravery to go on???
Now you're on to something. My first scum p has just requested replacement. Can you help me bus him, please?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 969, Almost50 wrote:
In post 935, the worst wrote:I can't sleep and I'm thinking about the a50/nancy hydra too much. I actually feel like scum!A50 is quite a lot less likely to reach out to skitter there than town!A50 is (especially considering he's not like INTO this game as such)

this feels kinda reach and abstract but I guess if they are scum it's probably with a pretty weak team? like otherwise what is the point of all the exposure of reaching out this early?

pedit: SAUSAGE NO
do you need the essence of bravery to go on???
Now you're on to something. My first scum p has just requested replacement. Can you help me bus him, please?
I sense this is going to be a nightmare. It took me THREE GAMES to get used to not hydra slip with Chara, and I AM USING DIFFERENT BROWSERS TOO! :facepalm:

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 945, skitter30 wrote:@a50 how do you read me rn?
In English! Are posting in any other language(s)??

OH, you mean ... my bad. I am logged into the Internet via a router, and I'm using my PC to access MS and come to this thread to read you. Is that what you meant?

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 971, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 945, skitter30 wrote:@a50 how do you read me rn?
In English! Are posting in any other language(s)??

OH, you mean ... my bad. I am logged into the Internet via a router, and I'm using my PC to access MS and come to this thread to read you. Is that what you meant?
Can you give me a straight answer please?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 962, Performer wrote:
In post 743, skitter30 wrote:ok, how do you describe your towngame?
Well...people have said I play robotic, I play scummy, I play old school, that I'm traditional. The below would probably characterize it:

-A lot no nonsense play (getting to the point)
-Generating wagons because that allows for scumhunting (reaction testing, how people act about it, etc)
-Belief in d1 setting a tone for rest of the game
-Policy lynching, self voting = to be avoided
-Looking at multiple factors to see if someone is scummy
-Working with those who think similarly or same as myself
I need to go back and compare your play here to stack-the-deck i think; ill try to do that when i get home tonight or tomorrow
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 960, skitter30 wrote:this post actually bothers me a little bit - it feels you're giving townleans/reads to people that townread you / not pushing you as scum

like the reasons you townread people is because of how they interact with *you* and it's kinda ... narrow-focused i guess? like doesn't incorporate broader play/happenings really but rather focuses on the fact that they're considering townreading you
Sorry to speak for xtoxm but I'm not sure this is wolf indicative in a large? like it can be hard to focus on every slot at once so forming reads based on personal interactions rather than critical analysis isn't abnormal imo

This might actually be a valuable metadive

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”