Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1022, Shoshin wrote:I'd much prefer a lynch on Xtom.
I really was hoping to play more of the game with him, though.
I know it's a really selfish and personal thing to ask, but can we let him be until at least D2?
If, by then, his play doesn't convince you that he's town, then I'll follow you there on a lynch, but I think it'd be kinda a bummer for the guy's return to site just to be lynched D1.
I'm also not really sold on him being scum.
And even if he's scum, he's gotta have buddies--why don't we find them?
His lynch also seems way too easy.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Shoshin »

Who are his buddies?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1023, Irrelephant11 wrote:Shoshin how do you feel about xtoxm’s self-referential townreads on other players? I sorta townread how his reads on other players leaned on knowing his own alignment to be town
I don't think that's towny for him (check his scum games). I also think his lack of paranoia about the people defending him isn't towny for him.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1024, Nauci wrote:I found Mew's catch up posts to be nice but much more hollow tbh, so I'm more inclined to go there

Shoshin do you have a different reaction to those posts? What about performer?
I think Mew's town.

I'm still open to lynching Performer, but I really need to check his meta more before feeling comfortable with it. I started reading his games but need more time and have been a bit busy the last couple days.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1028, Shoshin wrote:I think Mew's town.
Why?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1029, Nauci wrote:
In post 1028, Shoshin wrote:I think Mew's town.
Why?
Very similar thought patterns as his town play.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1009, Mewtaph wrote:Trying to think about how scum would approach the Varsoon v Shoshin as TvT keeping in mind how it went down and I'm inclined to think that scum would simply not post or skirt around engaging with it wholly to allow the possibility of paranoia to foster between those two players, leaving it as an option to easily push on later.

At the same time, I think it would be disingenous to call players scummy on the basis of talking about other things other than the interaction even while it was happening a few posts beforehand (eg. Creature).

This would indicate that Irrelephant11 is mildly more likely to be town here.
This in particular feels town for him.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1026, Shoshin wrote:Who are his buddies?
I don't think he's scum
But if you do
That's for you to figure out.
I think we're much more likely to hit scum if we focus on people who'd have a lot to gain from an Xtoxm lynch.
Folks that haven't had much interactions so far and are being generally mid-range townread.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1032, Varsoon wrote:
I don't think he's scum
But if you do
I think we're much more likely to hit scum if we focus on people who'd have a lot to gain from an Xtoxm lynch.
Folks that haven't had much interactions so far and are being generally mid-range townread.
What's your lynchpool right now?

Mine, for day 1, is within: performer, mewtaph, creature, not_mafia, xtoxm

I think that Keyser, AN, and skitter30's alignments will become much clearer over time (this also applies to xtoxm but less so because I don't have a grasp on reading him)
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Keyser, join us
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1025, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1022, Shoshin wrote:I'd much prefer a lynch on Xtom.
I really was hoping to play more of the game with him, though.
I know it's a really selfish and personal thing to ask, but can we let him be until at least D2?
If, by then, his play doesn't convince you that he's town, then I'll follow you there on a lynch, but I think it'd be kinda a bummer for the guy's return to site just to be lynched D1.
I'm also not really sold on him being scum.
And even if he's scum, he's gotta have buddies--why don't we find them?
His lynch also seems way too easy.
Or maybe she's not a townbeard and actually just scum. Tunnelling me since my first post and the read doesn't evolve in response to literally anything. You're going to have to stop putting blind faith on this at some point.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1034, Irrelephant11 wrote:Keyser, join us
Back home now, so will be online after [something something another game].

Please no quick lynches.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Performer »

Will be checking back later today.
Busy until Monday with non-FM tasks (including exploring Elk Grove by Sacramento!) so I will be less active.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1035, Xtoxm wrote: Or maybe she's not a townbeard and actually just scum. Tunnelling me since my first post and the read doesn't evolve in response to literally anything. You're going to have to stop putting blind faith on this at some point.
But Xtoxm, she's NEVER mislynched ANYONE.
EVER.

Don't worry about the Shoshin slot, though.
What are your thoughts outside of Shoshin?
Who do you think is scum if Shoshin is town?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1033, Nauci wrote:
In post 1032, Varsoon wrote:
I don't think he's scum
But if you do
What's your lynchpool right now?

Mine, for day 1, is within: performer, mewtaph, creature, not_mafia, xtoxm

I think that Keyser, AN, and skitter30's alignments will become much clearer over time (this also applies to xtoxm but less so because I don't have a grasp on reading him)
I couldn't even tell you everyone in this game but it's a lotta people.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1038, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1035, Xtoxm wrote: Or maybe she's not a townbeard and actually just scum. Tunnelling me since my first post and the read doesn't evolve in response to literally anything. You're going to have to stop putting blind faith on this at some point.
But Xtoxm, she's NEVER mislynched ANYONE.
EVER.

Don't worry about the Shoshin slot, though.
What are your thoughts outside of Shoshin?
Who do you think is scum if Shoshin is town?
I still think my observation on a50 is good.
I see more motivation for scum to claim pgo on d1 than (might just be a playstyle difference I guess)
I was somewhat underwhelmed by mewtaph basically calling all of the "loltwonblock" town and nothing else in his catch up post.

So that would be where I'd look if shosin flips town.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1002, Nauci wrote:I keep reading this a50 thing as an entertaining point that's holding her focus at an off proportion

I'm used to skitter30 reacting to little things all over the place so it almost felt like this struggle was an excuse to not look at all those little things that usually help me sort her mindset
it's really bugging me that i can't figure it out confidently; i can correctly townread him off like ~10 posts (if not less) and i'm not getting that here, and the time he was scum i eventually figured it out by realizing that he just hadn't towntold at all

and usually how i play this game day1 is to start by sorting the people that i know how to sort and/or are easy for me to sort, and in this game i feel pretty good about most people in this category except for him and it's annoying me that i can't just sort him and move on here givne that i usually can

whatever i think i'm just going to drop it for now

==
In post 1008, the worst wrote:
@Krazy
I'll be v/la 11th - 24th of December (then Xmas :giggle:).. Travelling overseas. I will be gone on the 11th (best to assume all day) & will let you know if I'm absolutely unavailable for like 24+ hours at any other time :)
have a great time on your trip :)

==
In post 1009, Mewtaph wrote:Trying to think about how scum would approach the Varsoon v Shoshin as TvT keeping in mind how it went down and I'm inclined to think that scum would simply not post or skirt around engaging with it wholly to allow the possibility of paranoia to foster between those two players, leaving it as an option to easily push on later.

At the same time, I think it would be disingenous to call players scummy on the basis of talking about other things other than the interaction even while it was happening a few posts beforehand (eg. Creature).
ok, in the first paragraph, who do you think fits that description? (imo your pred kinda fits that description ...)

in the second paragraph, it seems like you identify someone who kinda fits that description - creature - but then say you can't really call him scummy for it

so altogether this feels like you're calling a {vague unidentified} group of people scummy for behaving in a given way without actually narrowing donw on who's scum because of it, or who individually is scummy
In post 1009, Mewtaph wrote:I disagree with Performer's post where he votes Shoshin, but I think that his phrasing in that post among others indicates that it's more likely to come from town than scum (but this is a weak thought and I'm not willing to go in on a town read of this nature).
? what does this mean?
In post 1012, Mewtaph wrote:I think Nauci has contributed to the thread positively overall and have felt townie enough to deserve a town read. I think it could just be a case of that Nauci has been doing townie things but they're just being missed? I think there would have to be a big reason for her being scum for me to consider her as a contender for being scum at the moment and I don't think that really exists atm.
this doesn't actually mean anything?

like idk what townie things *in particular* do you think has been missed?

like you're describing a nullread to me; i'm not sure why anything you said here is a reason to townread her particulalry?

==
In post 1025, Varsoon wrote:I know it's a really selfish and personal thing to ask, but can we let him be until at least D2?
yeah, i'm fine with that; i'd feel a little bad in that scenario if he were town tbh

==
In post 1031, Shoshin wrote:This in particular feels town for him.
disagree, it's vague and non-specific and doesn't actually say where scum is

==
In post 1035, Xtoxm wrote:Or maybe she's not a townbeard and actually just scum. Tunnelling me since my first post and the read doesn't evolve in response to literally anything. You're going to have to stop putting blind faith on this at some point.
it's annoying but that's not actually scum-indicative for her; that's how she plays as town

==
In post 1034, Irrelephant11 wrote:Keyser, join us
i'll join you

VOTE: mewtaph
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

@mod
- v/la till sunday (regular weekend vla)
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1035, Xtoxm wrote:Or maybe she's not a townbeard and actually just scum.
Tunnelling me since my first post and the read doesn't evolve in response to literally anything.
You're going to have to stop putting blind faith on this at some point.
Seems like you're projecting.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Shoshin »

I recommend anyone who scumreads Mew take a look at his play in the recently finished Fortnight game.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1043, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1035, Xtoxm wrote:Or maybe she's not a townbeard and actually just scum.
Tunnelling me since my first post and the read doesn't evolve in response to literally anything.
You're going to have to stop putting blind faith on this at some point.
Seems like you're projecting.
You had already made 25 posts before I voted you so I have no idea wtf ur talking about
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 276, Xtoxm wrote:VOTE: shosin

I was already getting scum vibes from calling a bunch of different people town for no reason and campaigning for a policy lynch is just a dick move
Xtom's been voting me since this post.

At first, I'm scum for townreading players (a simple check of my meta would confirm this isn't scummy for me) and because of "campaigning for a policy lynch" (I did no such thing, as later posts should have cleared up).

But now I'm scum because... I'm tunneling Xtom despite his newer posts? Isn't that what he's doing to me? Tunneling me despite a lot more information that should have cleared up both his reasons for scumreading me in the first place?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1009, Mewtaph wrote:I disagree with Performer's post where he votes Shoshin, but I think that his phrasing in that post among others indicates that it's more likely to come from town than scum (but this is a weak thought and I'm not willing to go in on a town read of this nature).
What part of his phrasing are you referring to here? And why more likely town than scum?
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1044, Shoshin wrote:I recommend anyone who scumreads Mew take a look at his play in the recently finished Fortnight game.
I agree with you, I think he could be a mislynch. I don’t get how anyone reads Mew as scummier than Saude. What have they done that’s particularly townie? But I’m not convinced X can’t be scum either.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 106, Xtoxm wrote:This is hype.

So Varsoon I wonder if this finally the game where we're on the same team at like the 7th attempt?? Don't let me down man.
In post 276, Xtoxm wrote:VOTE: shosin

I was already getting scum vibes from calling a bunch of different people town for no reason and campaigning for a policy lynch is just a dick move
In post 308, Xtoxm wrote:@varsoon. I'm not downgrading skitter (I mean I don't have much in the way of reads on anyone yet). What I notice is skitters were a bit more spread out, so perhaps that's why I didn't see her doing it
In post 369, Xtoxm wrote:Lol @ having 2 strong instant scum reads in a large game. Get ove4 yourself.
In post 380, Xtoxm wrote:Yeah, because anyone claiming strong reads this early in the game is more likely to just be lying.
In post 392, Xtoxm wrote:You know if varsoon wasn't in this game I would just replace out at this point because the attitude coming from many players is totally disgusting
In post 688, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 684, Creature wrote:
In post 633, the worst wrote:if it's because he's losing
It's D1

Anything can happen
Yeah he nailed me and my entire scumtean in rvs and thats why i got so upset

Its like you're the only one with a brain in this game

Altho I think varsoons just doing his own weird shenanigans and doesnt actually believe in this so I'll let him off
What're your thoughts on Xtom?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”