Newbie 1901 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 270, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 231, Vorkuta wrote:Ok then please indulge me- why bad? Has he done stuff to deserve insane townie points in your eyes?
Yes, actually. muh's my best townread. Sure, I'll disagree with his doubt in regards to the doc claim - I for one hopped on the believer's train because he's a noob. But other than that, he's done nothing scummy in my eyes so far.

(If you want my honest opinion, I want Guten replaced because we've asked him repeatedly to give his reads and he decides to pop in and make extremely short posts instead. Regardless, I'd rather not go for him today, for two reasons: I've already expressed my belief in his claim; and, I'd rather let him lurk long enough to get replaced so I actually have a chance to read the slot. When he doesn't post, paired with being new, I see no reason to jump to any reads whatsoever. It's extremely annoying, but yeah.)
Wanted his partner replaced because he wasn’t doing anything. Also claimed doctor, so that’s something.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 354, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Also, as a preliminary reads list for D2: I think scum lie in the realm of {Bulba, Flicker, Emperor, Alonzo}, and
I’m giving Flavor a solid townread for now.
While I did say above the doc claim could be fake, there’s also me that thinks the slot just isn’t scum. However, even as ‘useless’ as the slot may be, I see no reason (other than the slot being scum) why Guten/resident wasn’t NKed. It would have been a pretty obvious NK, yeah, but it’s an extremely safe one. We get little to no information out of a GT/resident lynch because of the lack of activity, unlike Vorkuta...

While this may be a bit of a reach, I would also like to point out that IF GT/resident happens to be scum, it is entirely possible their partner had to decide for themselves who to kill N1, IF resident hadn’t checked in yet. Pure speculation, but keep that in mind.

Says I’ve been a scum read the entire game, hmm?

Only when it’s beneficial to him is when I’m a scum read.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:35 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 548, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 96, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:I don’t like FL and Vork’s flattery. It feels as though they’re using it to buddy up. For now, my VOTE: Flavour Leaf lands here, primarily because it feels like he’s trying too hard to blend in.
This also explains why Vorkuta died Night 1. It bothered 2nd from the beginning, and 2nd decided they were going to hide behind pushing me early on.
Honestly, I can't argue. It's good reason and a good way to pin his death on me without any chance of a defense. If I say I would've killed the claimed doc, you're gonna say Guten/Trekkie's my partner.

Good job. Except you're wrong.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Flicker »

Pedit @ Flavor: If 2nd's scum, why not just bus Trekkie? Seems like the easier scum play IMO.

Pedit2 @ 2nd:
Prepare to be pissed. I already am
What are you mad about?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 368, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 244, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 242, Alonzo wrote:Flavour still isn't posting much....
Just like last game- townFL establishes town cred early on then backs off and kind of lurks for the remainder of D1 before the deadline
With Vorkuta being town and having played with FL recently, I have to trust things like this. That’s basically why he’s a townread for me

Oh, look. Apparently it’s a trend that this is how I play as town, which you commented and agreed with, which is funny you decide to switch and “forget” these things.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:37 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 550, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 270, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 231, Vorkuta wrote:Ok then please indulge me- why bad? Has he done stuff to deserve insane townie points in your eyes?
Yes, actually. muh's my best townread. Sure, I'll disagree with his doubt in regards to the doc claim - I for one hopped on the believer's train because he's a noob. But other than that, he's done nothing scummy in my eyes so far.

(If you want my honest opinion, I want Guten replaced because we've asked him repeatedly to give his reads and he decides to pop in and make extremely short posts instead. Regardless, I'd rather not go for him today, for two reasons: I've already expressed my belief in his claim; and, I'd rather let him lurk long enough to get replaced so I actually have a chance to read the slot. When he doesn't post, paired with being new, I see no reason to jump to any reads whatsoever. It's extremely annoying, but yeah.)
Wanted his partner replaced because he wasn’t doing anything. Also claimed doctor, so that’s something.
Actually, I wanted him replaced because I kept asking the dude for his reads (as were others) and he popped in with one liners and didn't contribute to the game, town or scum. I can't stand that because we've had to rely on 8 people out of 9 for over half-ish of the game.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:39 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 554, Flavor Leaf wrote:
Just like last game- townFL establishes town cred early on then backs off and kind of lurks for the remainder of D1 before the deadline
With Vorkuta being town and having played with FL recently, I have to trust things like this. That’s basically why he’s a townread for me

Oh, look. Apparently it’s a trend that this is how I play as town, which you commented and agreed with, which is funny you decide to switch and “forget” these things.
I didn't forget. Vorkuta was wrong about muh, so he can be wrong about you. Also, you can easily fake him out Day 1 and kill him so you're confirmed town the rest of the game and don't have to do much until it conveniences you to pop in.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 553, Flicker wrote:Pedit @ Flavor: If 2nd's scum, why not just bus Trekkie? Seems like the easier scum play IMO.

Pedit2 @ 2nd:
What are you mad about?
I’m not so sure that 2nd wouldn’t cave and bus Trekkie.

He said he wouldn’t lynch anyone besides like three people Day 1 and hammered Muh, a townread of his.

Trekkie flipping red puts 2nd into 3p lylo situation, which in my opinion, doesn’t favor 2nd ever.

This way, 2nd can go after me, potentially win with the help of Trekkie, and worst case scenario, 2nd gets lynched, and it leaves Flicker vs Trekkie for the final 1v1 in 3p lylo which is better odds for scum, tbh.

It also gives them gambit potential with the PR’s
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 556, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 554, Flavor Leaf wrote:

I didn't forget. Vorkuta was wrong about muh, so he can be wrong about you. Also, you can easily fake him out Day 1 and kill him so you're confirmed town the rest of the game and don't have to do much until it conveniences you to pop in.
This is WIFOM.
That’s not a strong scum play. Already had stated. If you wanna check out my scum games, I kill off threats, not people who would help keep me alive.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Flicker »

I feel like scum!2nd had pretty decent odds in 3p LYLO before his posting today, though. Going after this gambit instead seems... well, suicidal.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

If we lynch Trekkie, he flips red,

Flicker, you can jail me.

If someone dies, I’m conf town.

If nobody dies, there could be a no kill gambit to frame me, BUT we all 4 make it to Lylo, and I kind of like that.

This play basically just makes it so there’s no way that I would be able to make a kill if scum.

2nd would have to either kill Flicker or Alonzo, which would confirm me as town anyways.

To stop the confirmation from happening, 2nd has to no kill.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 559, Flicker wrote:I feel like scum!2nd had pretty decent odds in 3p LYLO before his posting today, though. Going after this gambit instead seems... well, suicidal.
Not if he thinks he had a good case on me.

He didn’t expect me to come back like this, and even if I did, he had a plan. He was going to say i felt the pressure and changed from how I was playing.

Which was obviously going to happen. End game I always come out hard.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 559, Flicker wrote:I feel like scum!2nd had pretty decent odds in 3p LYLO before his posting today, though. Going after this gambit instead seems... well, suicidal.
It’s not suicidal if he expects to win it.

It’s already established he’s an extremely bold player.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Flicker »

I would literally never expect to win in an 1v1 with an IC, though, especially in my first Newbie game. Whichever way this shakes out, 2nd today has just been odd.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 553, Flicker wrote:Pedit @ Flavor: If 2nd's scum, why not just bus Trekkie? Seems like the easier scum play IMO.

Pedit2 @ 2nd:
What are you mad about?
Mad that I'm always the one who gets pinned endgame. Wonder how many of those times I've been scum? Almost never. When I'm scum I die early
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 560, Flavor Leaf wrote:If we lynch Trekkie, he flips red,

If nobody dies, there could be a no kill gambit to frame me, BUT we all 4 make it to Lylo, and I kind of like that.

This play basically just makes it so there’s no way that I would be able to make a kill if scum.

2nd would have to either kill Flicker or Alonzo, which would confirm me as town anyways.

I'm mulling over this plan. Right now I'm leaning towards jailing 2nd, though, but I can see the merits in this.

I'll definitely announce who I'm going to jail when I vote, though.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Flicker »

In post 564, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Mad that I'm always the one who gets pinned endgame. Wonder how many of those times I've been scum? Almost never. When I'm scum I die early
This sounds like you have more experience than you let on initially ("some experience, but it’s been awhile"). Have you played FM before? If so, where? Can you pin down exactly how long "awhile" ago was?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 564, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:

Pedit2 @ 2nd:
What are you mad about?
Mad that I'm always the one who gets pinned endgame. Wonder how many of those times I've been scum? Almost never. When I'm scum I die early
I mean, I’m gonna green, so if you’re green, you should try and see that.

As town, if you’re also town, what would you like me to do to help you see that I’m town?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 565, Flicker wrote:
In post 560, Flavor Leaf wrote:If we lynch Trekkie, he flips red,

I'm mulling over this plan. Right now I'm leaning towards jailing 2nd, though, but I can see the merits in this.

I'll definitely announce who I'm going to jail when I vote, though.

This effectively does the same thing, tbh, except I know that it ends with a 4p day tomorrow.

I just like the potential to get conf town’d. :lol:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And you didn’t get pinned. You aren’t even being voted.

You came after me, and flat out were asked to Unvote and was said the lynch would be within the claims.

You brought up your reason for going, but it’s the same thing as it would be tomorrow. That’s just lazy playing that you don’t want to figure out and actually game solve between the two claims right now. That’s why you’re being pushed as scum.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:27 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 569, Flavor Leaf wrote:And you didn’t get pinned. You aren’t even being voted.

You came after me, and flat out were asked to Unvote and was said the lynch would be within the claims.

You brought up your reason for going, but it’s the same thing as it would be tomorrow. That’s just lazy playing that you don’t want to figure out and actually game solve between the two claims right now. That’s why you’re being pushed as scum.
But why should I have to game solve the two claims now? There’s another scum out there, and I think it’s you.
2ndStoryWindow
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
2ndStoryWindow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:28 am

Post by 2ndStoryWindow »

In post 566, Flicker wrote:
In post 564, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:Mad that I'm always the one who gets pinned endgame. Wonder how many of those times I've been scum? Almost never. When I'm scum I die early
This sounds like you have more experience than you let on initially ("some experience, but it’s been awhile"). Have you played FM before? If so, where? Can you pin down exactly how long "awhile" ago was?
Yes. This site. 5-6 years ago.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 570, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 569, Flavor Leaf wrote:And you didn’t get pinned. You aren’t even being voted.

But why should I have to game solve the two claims now? There’s another scum out there, and I think it’s you.
Sure, and you can stick to that.

Now help figure out the claims, even if you don’t plan on going there.

There’s literally only 5 people left. And there’s a partner. Analyze that. You aren’t getting any more information really by waiting, and it does nothing to not try to figure it out.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 571, 2ndStoryWindow wrote:
In post 566, Flicker wrote:
Yes. This site. 5-6 years ago.
Interesting.

What was your name? Unless you’re keeping that a secret. I’ve been around that long as well.
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Flicker »

@2nd

More times than not when I've checked to see who's online over this last hour or two, I've noticed Alonzo's name there. Wouldn't it benefit scum!Alonzo to sit back and watch two townies 1v1 while he twiddles his thumbs and waits for his scum partner to come back and coordinate a quickhammer?

Can you
please
consider the possibility that you could be wrong long enough to unvote?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”