newbie 1905: pictures from my phone (GAME OGRE !!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:21 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler: i am currently waiting to retrieve my lost phone in the meantime please accept this gif saved to the hard drive of my computer

Vote count 1.8

u r a person 2 (3):
CheekyTeeky, the worst, foodcoats
CheekyTeeky(2):
u r a person 2, Vorkuta
pinturicchio (1):
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
foodcoats (1):
PvtUrist
Vorkuta (1):
pinturicchio

not voting (1):
YyottaCat

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends december 11th at 00:30 central US time; in (expired on 2018-12-12 00:30:00)

mod notes
  • deadline is final pending future replacements!
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:28 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

So Pint is absolutely town by tone. Players getting genuinely frustrated is usually a good indicator for town. Although Vorkuta is pretty manipulative her tone reads the same.

There are some strange reads vs actions going on with both Vorkuta and U2 and I would like people to focus on the timing of their votes come tomorrow. For now I'm going to say that U2 continues to mention that Vorkuta could be scum but doesn't engage her in any way and vice versa.
In post 744, u r a person 2 wrote:im pretty confident there is at least one in Vor/Cheeky. I'm also pretty confident there is one in Vor/Urist.
This quote in particular shows that if U2 believed his own reasoning then Vorkuta is actually his best vote to hit scum, yet his vote is still on me. He lacks the fire that is hard to fake as scum of true frustration at being voted. These two people Vorkuta/U2 have the best distancing tells for scum I've seen so far but I hesitate because of Vorkuta's tone. That said a lot of her stances are very manipulative in a way that makes people interacting with her appear worse. U2 hasn't changed his reads which confirms his inflexible reads, again a typical scum trait. He ends throwing shade on his wagon but out of TW/FC and even Pint there is no scum, so this is likely a self-preservation tactic.

I'd like to lynch U2 first with people keeping up with Vorkuta tomorrow.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:42 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I'd rather lynch you today than Vor because while both of you are wolfy, you're more wolfy, and your interactions make it less likely that you are both scum. That's the motivation.

I'll be in and out til the deadline. Just so you guys know where I stand as we move closer:

I'll move my vote for a lynch on urist or vor if that's what consensus wants.

I'd move my vote to Jumble or YY to prevent my own lynch.

I won't move my vote if the choice is between me and either pin/FS. ya'll can drown yourselves on that one.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

oh wait did we get an extra day, i thought deadline was tonight
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 751, CheekyTeeky wrote: I'd like to lynch U2 first with people keeping up with Vorkuta tomorrow.
Vorkuta convinced me off her/his wagon a few days ago on the argument of, more or less, "would scum act this scummy?" As aggravating as she/he is, the approach of Vorkuta so far is to call everyone scum... and I'm not sure that's scummy.

What convinces you about her/him?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:59 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

foodcoats, i'm reading you as town. Please do me a solid at some point in the next day.

Assume I'm town, and read cheeky's argument for my lynch in that light. i'm getting railroaded here.

Thanks mate <3

same to you, duck
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:05 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 755, u r a person 2 wrote:foodcoats, i'm reading you as town. Please do me a solid at some point in the next day.

Assume I'm town, and read cheeky's argument for my lynch in that light. i'm getting railroaded here.

Thanks mate <3

same to you, duck
I will, I actually thought this was really townie - like if I'm going to die, town you should do this after my death... I tend to find town does this whereas mafia focus on not being killed:
In post 745, u r a person 2 wrote:also, if i am actually lynched today, throw out my reads on the worst and FC because they're sitting on prime scum seats on my wagon. decent bet one would be in the two
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:06 am

Post by foodcoats »

Also I think if you get lynched and flip town is Cheeky always bussing Vork?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:06 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I don't know if she's scum as I've said I'm conflicted between her tone and actions. What makes me bring her up is the way U2 and Vorkuta have been interacting. That said if we look at the votecount it is unlikely that both scum counterwagon me so obviously - so from that perspective it is more likely U2/Urist again based on lack of interest in the other.

U2 says I'm scummier than both his other scumreads Vorkuta/urist and yet when others list them as scumreads they pounce to attack which is quite strange that they've left U2 alone. Again U2 has made no effort to sort his other scumreads. How does he know he lives tonight that he has time to put all his eggs in my basket? Is he actually sorting people or just making a list that appeases the town like his predecessor?

As a side note I found it quote scummy when Urist backed off his scumread of me - his line of questionning was an obvious lead up to a jump on my wagon, the hesitation after heavy emphasis on my scummy actions is worse than jumping on with no reason. I also disliked how he was engaging with Pint - Pint tried to offer him an olive branch by giving him another thing to interact about - his other scum reads and Urist said the interrogation is on you. That kind of viewpoint seems heavily defensive and shuts down Urist having to contribute instead of subtly attacking like I've witnessed him do earlier.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:08 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 757, foodcoats wrote:Also I think if you get lynched and flip town is Cheeky always bussing Vork?
I'm town regardless of his flip. Also I don't live tonight.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:09 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 755, u r a person 2 wrote:foodcoats, i'm reading you as town. Please do me a solid at some point in the next day.

Thanks mate <3

same to you, duck
Ok so which is it? They're scum in prime scum slots or town who need to avenge you tomorrow?
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:11 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 758, CheekyTeeky wrote: As a side note I found it quote scummy when Urist backed off his scumread of me - his line of questionning was an obvious lead up to a jump on my wagon, the hesitation after heavy emphasis on my scummy actions is worse than jumping on with no reason. I also disliked how he was engaging with Pint - Pint tried to offer him an olive branch by giving him another thing to interact about - his other scum reads and Urist said the interrogation is on you. That kind of viewpoint seems heavily defensive and shuts down Urist having to contribute instead of subtly attacking like I've witnessed him do earlier.
I'll have to look at that. I get the feeling Urist is really afraid and paranoid and I don't know if that's more newb town or scummy.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:13 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I'm willing to change my read U2 if you can give me reasons for your reads and I see the reasoning as coming from town. I have presented my argument and your response thus far has been to reiterate your unfounded reads, shade your wagon and now appeal to your wagon. These actions don't give me confidence that I'm wrong.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:16 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 757, foodcoats wrote:Also I think if you get lynched and flip town is Cheeky always bussing Vork?
I read this question as follows:
Given that I am lynched and given that cheeky is a wolf, is vork a wolf as well?

Cheeky has thrown shade at all, or nearly all players in this game, but prior to my entrance the majority of her efforts were directed at vork. Despite this, she never seriously pushed for his lynch. That could be because of how the game flowed, and maybe there was never a good opportunity, or a host of other unrelated reasons. Could it be that she was distancing herself from her partner, but didn't want to really bus him? That's definitely possible.

However, I think the simplest answer is that in this scenario scum!cheeky didn't think that she could push vork's mislynch through and was afraid of over committing on a push.

Outside of this hypothetical, I still think there is a high chance of 1 scum within cheeky/vor, and my money is on cheeky.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:21 am

Post by the worst »

I would say Cheeky is scum before Vor, sure, but I don't think either of them are scum before you here. :x

at the airport now, I'll be around for a little before I need to leave. Lucky we've got a minute before the deadline. Anyone want to jam?
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:25 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 764, the worst wrote:I would say Cheeky is scum before Vor, sure, but I don't think either of them are scum before you here. :x

at the airport now, I'll be around for a little before I need to leave. Lucky we've got a minute before the deadline. Anyone want to jam?
If URAP2/ID18 is scum I think Vork is basically clear.

I wonder what our errant Cat and Jumble think.
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:28 am

Post by foodcoats »

@TW
How do you evaluate Urist's erratic behavior earlier? Do you think this level of paranoia is more likely town or scum?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:29 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I will laugh my ass off if it's Jumble/Cat.

But yes we should lynch now instead of No Lynch as I'm sure you are all aware that town does better with a mislynch rather than a nolynch.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:33 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Invest roles should target heavily suspected roles to help town tomorrow. I suggest staying hidden unless a guilty comes about.
Protective roles should target obv town roles and use your WIFOM wisely :)
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:35 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 759, CheekyTeeky wrote: I'm town regardless of his flip. Also I don't live tonight.
Why do you think you'll be NKed rather than players that are more widely townread?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 769, foodcoats wrote:
In post 759, CheekyTeeky wrote: I'm town regardless of his flip. Also I don't live tonight.
Why do you think you'll be NKed rather than players that are more widely townread?
Let's say Tradition.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:54 am

Post by the worst »

In post 766, foodcoats wrote:
@TW
How do you evaluate Urist's erratic behavior earlier? Do you think this level of paranoia is more likely town or scum?
Originally I read his lack of engaging content as scummy - but in retrospect now that he's opened up a little I think it's fairly towny. It's pretty natural for newbie!town to feel kinda intimidated in a list of strangers trying to find some common ground y'know?

My main hesitation is probably the tunnelling energy -- paranoia and reservation is towny to a point but straight-up driving people to the noose is definitely wolfy. Still think he's a lot more firmly in the first camp tho
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 am

Post by the worst »

Investigatives should probably still target the top part of the lynch pool / weaker parts of the town core. I'd suggest Yyotta should be policy investigated :giggle:

{Yyotta, Jumble} is probably an investigative goldmine.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Yeah I'd be happy with that.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I'm not saying this is damning but it does show that cheeky's actions are consistent with her philosophy for how scum should play.

Spoiler:
In post 624, CheekyTeeky wrote:I feel like the biggest mistake scum make when entering is townreading people too early.
In post 432, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 16, Tinexkksi wrote:VOTE: volxen ;)
Scum?
In post 17, PvtUrist wrote:Mr.Tinexkksi, do tell us what it feels like to be an enemy of the town?
Town.
In post 433, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 29, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 28, nonny wrote:Where’s the pressure? It was page 1 and 1 vote. The response is interesting
Newbies still might be getting used to the game and a single vote may be enough to scare them in some cases.
WhiteKnighting scum?
In post 434, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 42, YyottaCat wrote:UNVOTE: the worst
nah better not attract too much attention (will probably go horribly wrong)
In post 43, YyottaCat wrote:wait it already went horribly wrong oh no
In post 44, YyottaCat wrote:wait no im alright
Almost too scummy to be scum lol.
In post 435, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 51, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 49, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 26, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:The vote wasn’t really needed here
IMHO without votes and pressure, nothing happens. Any and all inactivity benefits scum more than in benefits town.
Like- if we casually gave 1 vote here, one vote there, removed 1 vote here, we wouldn't get anything done by the deadline.
But wouldn’t the deadline itself cause pressure?
Also, UNVOTE: the worst because we’re out of RVS.
Yeah. Scum.
In post 437, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 80, Vorkuta wrote:inb4 you get NK'd and this gets quoted as a reason
This is a very strange thought to have as town.
In post 439, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 91, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:I mean, the SEs and IC already know a bit about looking town, so they’ll more likely look like town to us wether or not they’re actually town because of experience.
Scum perspective.
In post 440, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 98, InfernoDragon18 wrote:Alright I've been way too inactive this game so I'm going to get things going
Paranoid that the reads in the rest of this post are IC buddying. No original thoughts, just echoes consensus at that point.
In post 441, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 108, volxen wrote:
In post 107, YyottaCat wrote:because i voted jumble, jumble would obviously lean towards trying to get everyone to vote me, am i not correct?
No, he is not necessarily going to try and get you lynched just because you are voting for him. If he is town, then he will presumably vote for whoever he finds to be scummiest. If he is scum, he will be trying to push a mislynch through, unless he feels the need to bus his partner.

Are you actually scumreading Jumble though? Your sudden vote switch to him and saying that it would help you to avoid getting to L-1 was kind of odd and random.
Oh snap! Volxen/Jumble SvS?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”