LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Ah, good. I actually voted mafia.

It’s interesting you mentioned your own survival through the night but didn’t mention anything about waiting to scumhunt post-flip. When I replaced in I didn’t even bother until I saw the nightkill, because I wasn’t about to read and have to go back and reread again with another flip in the same 48 hour period.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by LolWagons »

That posts seems much more like someone trying to make sure they feign ignorance of the nightkill than a townie who replaced in actually realizing the implications of an unknown on their first post.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by mastina »

(Reading in reverse order from 43 to 40 tho. Gotta say I'm quite happy in particular with the AnonymousGhost, Aster, and Gamma scumteam.
RC is a suspect to me primarily because of burden of proficiency in that he'd be the player I'd most trust to be able to read AnonymousGhost and if AnonymousGhost is in fact scum then it'd be suspect he didn't see it, combined with the aforementioned lack of RC-being-sheeped factor that I'd expect of him.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1075, LolWagons wrote:It’s interesting you mentioned your own survival through the night but didn’t mention anything about waiting to scumhunt post-flip.
That went without saying in that there was no content that was based around the nightkill?

Basically, any of the four players I fingered being the nightkill would have changed my initial assumption on the gamestate--had that happened, I'd have needed to adjust.

It did not.

And thus I need say nothing.
I said what was the case. I suspected AnonymousGhost most strongly, followed closely by Aster and by proxy of conditions, RC, with outside chance of Gamma. None of them died, so I had no reason to alter anything off of the results of the night.

And what you see is what you get, too.
There's no deeper meaning behind my reads. It is exactly what I said it was. Trash-tier VCA, where I make snap decisions in an instant off of gut feeling, but it's what I feel like. Got a problem with that, then lynch me because this isn't changing. I was expecting your slot to park their vote on me the entire time anyway.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Riiiiight, which is all fine and dandy but you did plug that you didn’t know if you were going to die which felt really forced.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Is your RC read contingent on your other reads being correct?

I read that slot as town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by mastina »

I can even narrow down the written down in advance part:
In post 1073, mastina wrote:
Spoiler: This part was written in advance
So to get a few things out of the way:
  1. I thought there was a good 70% chance (give or take 5%) that I was replacing into a scum slot. I expect to be lynched this game. (Even if said lynch is the game-ending mislynch.) Granted, Firebringer left (which is a shame since I was gonna outright encourage him to lynch me), but still something probably gonna happen.
  2. I have a poor track record with White Flag games. This is a variant, but all the same it is a setup I do terribly in.
  3. I signed up for this game as a replacement more or less because,
    1. I finally, FINALLY, a month later, was getting over my sickness. (And with my Vitamin B12 deficiency treated, a problem for the last 4 months by now, am on the road to a full honest to god recovery.)
    2. I needed to play
      something
    3. This was literally the only game which advertised a need for replacements. Other games are in signups, sure, but those games would start much, much later.
  4. As a result of this, I have a general lack of interest in tryharding this game.

I still intend to put in the "appropriate amount" of effort, but I mean that in the sense of, I will be posting as often as I can (most, but not every, days), contributing content during those times, and will talk...

...But I won't be reading all 43 pages; this is a low-key effort at best.
Partially, that approach is because I don't even know if I'm living yet (I'm typing this out during the night), but if I do, well then.

I would think my survival would generally point to players that know me being slightly more likely to be scum and players who don't know me being slightly less likely to be scum.

That also happens to overlap with some trash-tier, surface-level, quick one-minute VCA done of yesterday, where I basically just took a single look and had gut sorting done.
Subject: Open 741: Red Flag [Night 1]
northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.FINAL
AnonymousGhost (2):
Aster , Gamma Emerald
Springtrap (7):
Firebringer , pinturicchio , ceejayvinoya , Nibbui , Blackjacks , Clemency , Keyser Söze

Blackjacks (1):
Volxen
Aster (1):
AnonymousGhost
Keyser Söze (1):
RadiantCowbells
I know that this was near deadline, but not quite close enough where I'd call it a deadline flash-lynch.
It was, however, a flash-lynch sinze the wagon went from 3 to lynch overnight.
Prior to that, there were no significant wagons pretty much so scum flashwagoning town to avoid lynching a scumbuddy is definitely not what happened.

So my flash-analysis of the situation:
At MOST, two scum on the wagon; AT LEAST two scum off.
If scum are on the wagon, they'd be in the first three names most likely (although there's an outside chance one straggler would be late on the wagon).
So that made me first think that scum were mostly off.

My thought was then that AnonymousGhost was probably scum, Aster was probably scum, Gamma Emerald was a scum candidate, and RC had a fair chance of being scum.

In particular, I thought it strange that RC was on a vanity wagon; why was he there, with no support?

And that's as much as I got typed out during the night.
So now we get this.
VOTE: AnonymousGhost.
HURT: RadiantCowbells.
HURT WITH A BLADE: Aster.
IGMEOU: Gamma Emerald
The part in spoilers, I typed out in notepad.
The part not in spoilers was added after the nightkill.
I'd know because I wrote it all today, after I got home from work, about 7 hours ago. Of course, the part I wrote out in advance did take from something prior, that being, a PM I sent to northsidegal, but I'm fairly certain that if I actually quoted that it'd be modkill-worthy, so. You can ask me to paraphrase that but otherwise it's a "take my word for it" on me having done.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Are you a mastin alt?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1079, LolWagons wrote:Riiiiight, which is all fine and dandy but you did plug that you didn’t know if you were going to die which felt really forced.
And if I did die, then that typed out message verbatim would be posted to the dead thread since I know northsidegal makes them in all games she mods. I wanted it written out as proof that, yes, I did have the reads which I would then claim to have had, for better or more likely for worse.
In post 1080, LolWagons wrote:Is your RC read contingent on your other reads being correct?
No, which you'd know if you had actually read my fucking post.
It is
half
contingent on the read being correct.
The other half is based around how RC is normally a force to be reckoned with. People sheep him overwhelmingly, except...in this game, he was a vanity voter? That is incredibly out of character of what I know of him as town, but the kind of chaos that I'd expect him to sew as scum.

Of course that being said.
He should probably in hindsight be switched with Gamma in my suspicion order, as the weakest of the four scumreads.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1082, LolWagons wrote:Are you a mastin alt?
No, mastin is me. This is my main account. mastina is the name I go by now. I've retired the mastin2 account for well over a year now--almost two, in fact.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 1084, mastina wrote:
In post 1082, LolWagons wrote:Are you a mastin alt?
No, mastin is me. This is my main account. mastina is the name I go by now. I've retired the mastin2 account for well over a year now--almost two, in fact.
Ah, well I don’t know if you remember but it’s Slaxx.

And I literally always scumread you. I still have a slight scumread on your predecessor but now that I know who you are I’m pretty much back to where I was before you started posting.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Actually during the period in the game where I had a coherent direction I was in fact pushing stuff and getting sheeped and if you read the game you'd know that. Aside from that I had a level of detachment towards mafia that I only managed to shrug off literally on the day that y'all hammered springtrap, so that's on me.

Expected to die so rereading before I do anything
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Mastina is town
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by LolWagons »

You wanna throw me a bone on why? Volxen ISO is a lot of playing defense and obsession with self-image in the eyes of other players.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1085, LolWagons wrote:Ah, well I don’t know if you remember but it’s Slaxx.
Long time no see!
Pleasure to work with you.
And I literally always scumread you. I still have a slight scumread on your predecessor but now that I know who you are I’m pretty much back to where I was before you started posting.
Well I had considerably more than a slight scumread on my predecessor so I do mean it when I say go ahead lynch me, won't fight that, but when you do at least work with me with my reads here.

Gamma's treatment of Aster looks like his distancing-from-scumbuddy tactic (which I have a fair amount of familiarity with).
All-in-all, when I was reading the last three pages (four, now), I overall just got the impression that the interactions between those three (Aster, AnonymousGhost, Gamma Emerald) was just gigantic scum theater. Not exactly choreographed, not exactly strategic, but still ungenuine.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Aster isn't scum so any associatives you have with her are wrong ftr
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:59 pm

What scumteam doesn't kill me last night
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1086, RadiantCowbells wrote:Actually during the period in the game where I had a coherent direction I was in fact pushing stuff and getting sheeped and if you read the game you'd know that.
The closest I found was this:
In post 775, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.11
Blackjacks (4):
Keyser Söze , RadiantCowbells , Volxen , ceejayvinoya
Which I'd accept as you being pushing stuff and getting sheeped yet ultimately fading out if you faded out, if that was where your vote was at end of day.

...But it wasn't; you shifted your vote to Keyser Soze, and I'd expect that if you were getting sheeped that that wagon would have gotten larger than two votes, but it never did.
In post 1087, RadiantCowbells wrote:Mastina is town
While I am, I'm not gonna accept that just as an empty callout; walk me through that statement.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1091, RadiantCowbells wrote:What scumteam doesn't kill me last night
A scumteam with you on it?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:06 pm

You haven't read my posts beyond the votecount.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 1091, RadiantCowbells wrote:What scumteam doesn't kill me last night
1) A scumteam with you on it which I’m heavily doubting
2) A scumteam threatened by Nu

There’s a third option but I’m not ready to disclose it yet. But if you’re as good as I think you are you might pick up on it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Hey Mastina

so you claimed that I failed to have enough of an investment to RC effect anything and that's scummy: however if you read the game you would be aware that I did in fact go on Blackjack, I just changed my mind when Ruru actually played the game

you've further claimed that I need to give more supporting evidence for my townread on you, despite the fact that my townread on volxen has existed since the beginning of the game and I've been attacked for it by several people and I find it difficult to believe that you missed that

so you clearly haven't read the game. does that mean I was wrong on Volxen? maybe, maybe not. but I'm not going to defend you if this is what you're going to do today.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Interesting interactions between the new kids
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by Clemency »

wow the aura of this game changed
for the sake of nibbui's legacy i'll actually play day 2 like i promised
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:50 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

I think that town flip weakens my s/read on BJ :neutral:

Return to “Completed Open Games”