newbie 1905: pictures from my phone (GAME OGRE !!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:55 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

Vote count 1.a

NotAJumbleOfNumbers (3):
pinturicchio, CheekyTeeky, PvtUrist
PvtUrist (2):
u r a person 2, foodcoats
u r a person 2 (1):
the worst
CheekyTeeky(1):
Vorkuta
pinturicchio (1):
NotAJumbleOfNumbers

not voting (1):
YyottaCat

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends december 12th at 00:30 central US time; in (expired on 2018-12-12 00:30:00)

mod notes
  • sorry the date i had given was off by one, the countdown has been correct
  • PvtUrist will not be replaced
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:58 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 998, the worst wrote:
In post 996, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 994, the worst wrote: I want to hear Pintu's thoughts on his finished scumgame.
Do you want me to be more elaborate? Do you have time for that?
I should be awake again before EoD yeah. I really want to hear what you think OR we leave Jumble for d2 when we have more time to talk about him.

I do not understand why the URAP2 wagon has disappeared
What threw me off is how he has treated Yvotta in this game compared to that one. She was an easy mislynch and he took it, but then people lynched him and he flipped red. So there's two possibilities: one, he learned his mistake on how to read Yvotta, who is clearly a mess as town; or two, he learned his mistake about deliberately pushing someone without thinking in the future consequences, so defending a slot that could be mislynched in the future due to previous experience with her could give him some brownie points for the future. The rest of that game was Jumble not being able to do anything to defend himself, and I see that similarity here. Tone is different, yes; he approached that game with a friendlier tone, but again, he was lynched, so he could be imitating the game we played with him in order to get a townread from us.

I'm willing to compromise and not lynch him today, but you'll have to help me if you have a different input.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:59 am

Post by the worst »

In post 953, u r a person 2 wrote:im with pika. this slot has to go.

I don't know if they're genuine. I know scums give up, too. I don't know if it's more often than towns or less, but it happens
In post 954, u r a person 2 wrote:mate you requested a replacement. you need to stop posting
In post 975, u r a person 2 wrote:can mod or ic clarify urist's situation. is he being replaced, or not?
In post 979, u r a person 2 wrote:whether he is replaced is the diff between jumble at l-1 and l-2 so it needs resolving
In post 991, u r a person 2 wrote:im not playing with a ghost

if he's out he's out. if he's in he's in, but this can't be how things work
In post 1010, u r a person 2 wrote:urist should be the lynch today. how can anyone town bin him after today? enough to go to lylo with him? smart play is to lynch here and get rid of the uncertainty.

and he does have good scum equity.
In post 1014, u r a person 2 wrote:im not conceited enough to say he's scum for sure. but there's a good chance he's scum. the term comes from poker, where people refer to pot equity.

why does he need to be removed before lylo? mate, maybe we're reading too different games, but the entire run up from his wagon through his faux replacement is not something i trust myself or anyone in this game to accurately analyze. guy is going to be an uncertain slot for the entire game, and should be removed before evaluating him determines whether this game is a win or a loss
In post 1022, u r a person 2 wrote:i don't think im saying anything radical.

if you guys both think you can read that slot, then yeah jumble and yvotta are fine to.

Let me be clear. I think Urist is likely scum. I think he was scummy early, and I think he was scummy dealing with pintu, and that's been my read, so this recent episode didn't exactly change my view
I agree you're not saying anything radical. you're coasting through an easy lynch and saying stuff like "I refuse to play with a vacant slot" surrounding the repout thing. Your reason you think he needs to be lynched is because he has "high scum equity" and is too confusing to be around in LyLo but I'm not feeling any conviction that you yourself actually think you've caught scum here. You're tunnelling a lynch, not tunnelling a read, and that is wolf indicative.

When asked for reason he's being wagoned you directed me to other people's reasons. You even inserted te comment that you're not even certain he's scum so that if he's a mislynch which is an unconsciously scummy behaviour (scum LOATHE being wrong)

The way you are pushing Urist looks like a wolf who's getting his way.
┐(´д`)┌
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1021, the worst wrote:Pending feedback from pintu, urap2 and foodcoats, I will consider hammering Urist if he's still L-1 when I'm back tomorrow.
Oh you do? Then VOTE: Urist for sure. I think that puts him back to L-1. I prefer to lynch a claimed slot than an unclaimed one who hasn't showed up in a while.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:02 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1026, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 998, the worst wrote:
In post 996, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 994, the worst wrote: I want to hear Pintu's thoughts on his finished scumgame.
Do you want me to be more elaborate? Do you have time for that?
I should be awake again before EoD yeah. I really want to hear what you think OR we leave Jumble for d2 when we have more time to talk about him.

I do not understand why the URAP2 wagon has disappeared
What threw me off is how he has treated Yvotta in this game compared to that one. She was an easy mislynch and he took it, but then people lynched him and he flipped red. So there's two possibilities: one, he learned his mistake on how to read Yvotta, who is clearly a mess as town; or two, he learned his mistake about deliberately pushing someone without thinking in the future consequences, so defending a slot that could be mislynched in the future due to previous experience with her could give him some brownie points for the future. The rest of that game was Jumble not being able to do anything to defend himself, and I see that similarity here. Tone is different, yes; he approached that game with a friendlier tone, but again, he was lynched, so he could be imitating the game we played with him in order to get a townread from us.

I'm willing to compromise and not lynch him today, but you'll have to help me if you have a different input.
Yeah I thought his care for Yyotta early d1 was highly town indicative but I scumread the way he seemed unable to... actually read her at all here.. now I'm talking about it that's probably town indicative for Jumble because she's a hot mess to read. It's likely easier for scumble to townread her given their history and go for pocketing points.
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:02 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1009, the worst wrote:
In post 1006, foodcoats wrote:
In post 1003, the worst wrote:Foodcoats why is URAP2 not a wagon and why do you prefer Urist at this point but not if he's replacing out? I'm not sure where your heads at and you're my favourite townread atm so that sux
I think URAP2 responded to their wagon as town would, and Urist responded as someone who doesn't want to get caught.
How so? o:
URAP2 replied to their wagon with suggestions as to how town could proceed after their lynch that represented an evolution to his understanding of the game. He basically said, "Well, if I get lynched, you should sniff out foodcoats and the worst because they have a scummy spot on my wagon" - even though he was reading both of us as town. That's an interesting perspective.

The initial response that Urist made when they were put at L-1 sounded like an appeal to emotion. I found it very uncharacteristic for Urist. I think Urist made a huge gear switch because they didn't know how to build a counter-wagon - they've invested too much in scumreading me. They then claimed they needed to leave the game, but jumped back in when a wagon on Jumble began to re-form. Urist has also indicated they don't like others to be in "control." If we catch scum!Urist, that's a huge blow to Urist's ego. Urist obviously thinks they are smarter than everyone else; I think town!Urist would respond to their imminent lynching by pointing out how stupid everyone is, not by suddenly being nice to everyone.

Urist could still be town here. I'm interested to see what Urist says about the vote on Jumble. It is entirely contradictory to every read that Urist has made so far.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:02 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1028, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 1021, the worst wrote:Pending feedback from pintu, urap2 and foodcoats, I will consider hammering Urist if he's still L-1 when I'm back tomorrow.
Oh you do? Then VOTE: Urist for sure. I think that puts him back to L-1. I prefer to lynch a claimed slot than an unclaimed one who hasn't showed up in a while.
He claimed? Oh goodie

I want URAP2 more tho tbh and I want some kinda spicy towncsse!!
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:06 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1031, the worst wrote:
He claimed? Oh goodie

I want URAP2 more tho tbh and I want some kinda spicy towncsse!!
I think you have good points about URAP2, but I'm still too afraid of a no lynch; I don't see any explicit interest in that wagon, URAP2 is very low in my "lynching priority list" (there's Urist, Jumble, Vorkuta and Yvotta before, with Yvotta, Vorkuta and Jumble really close to each other)
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

@ duck

whether or not he was being replaced had direct impact on the gamestate. it needed addressing. I pointed out those posts to you because I was trying to catch you up on what you had missed. You were in the thread when I talked about urist being scummy. that wasn't new. But that doesn't mean i haven't addressed it.

You're narrative is ill-conceived, friend.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 am

Post by the worst »

are you satisfied with URAP2's rep in and loltownread on you btw?

also could you throw me a summary of claims so far?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:12 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1033, u r a person 2 wrote:@ duck

whether or not he was being replaced had direct impact on the gamestate. it needed addressing. I pointed out those posts to you because I was trying to catch you up on what you had missed. You were in the thread when I talked about urist being scummy. that wasn't new. But that doesn't mean i haven't addressed it.

You're narrative is ill-conceived, friend.
This is the language of someone directly attacking my intent, rather than trying to correct me or swing me to seeing what would be the correct point or view if he's town. I am a slot he is allegedly townreading.

please someone tell me why this is town pushing
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

nothing in my post talks about your intent mate. Not sure what you're reading.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 am

Post by the worst »

"your narrative is ill-conceived"
ah yes sorry my mistake, I speak to my townreads who I'm trying to solve the game with like that all the time.

:facepalm:
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:15 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1034, the worst wrote:are you satisfied with URAP2's rep in and loltownread on you btw?

Not sure. I was on the URAP2 wagon before but it collapsed.

Urist has claimed VT, for what it's worth.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:15 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1034, the worst wrote:are you satisfied with URAP2's rep in and loltownread on you btw?

No, I already addressed that his townread on me was bad and that I was no longer townreading the slot, but his come and go with Cheeky felt genuine. I'm not fully comfortable with him, but as I said, he's not even close to the other four mentioned.

The only claim done is by Urist: VT.
foodcoats
foodcoats
Goon
foodcoats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 am

Post by foodcoats »

In post 1037, the worst wrote:"your narrative is ill-conceived"
ah yes sorry my mistake, I speak to my townreads who I'm trying to solve the game with like that all the time.

I can't tell if you're diverging from your usual style because you're really invested in attacking URAP2 or scum!TW wants to mislynch URAP.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:17 am

Post by pinturicchio »

My bad, Cheeky is on Jumble, so Urist is at L-2 right now.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:18 am

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 1030, foodcoats wrote: The initial response that Urist made when they were put at L-1 sounded like an appeal to emotion. I found it very uncharacteristic for Urist. I think Urist made a huge gear switch because they didn't know how to build a counter-wagon - they've invested too much in scumreading me. They then claimed they needed to leave the game, but jumped back in when a wagon on Jumble began to re-form. Urist has also indicated they don't like others to be in "control." If we catch scum!Urist, that's a huge blow to Urist's ego. Urist obviously thinks they are smarter than everyone else;
I think town!Urist would respond to their imminent lynching by pointing out how stupid everyone is, not by suddenly being nice to everyone.

Urist could still be town here. I'm interested to see what Urist says about the vote on Jumble. It is entirely contradictory to every read that Urist has made so far.
Then I suppose you just don't know me well enough. I can definitely see myself acting the way you suggested (lashing out before death), but contrary to what you might think, I'm not counting dying here as a personal defeat/ego blow to me. I see where've I done wrong, I've been given plenty to improve on, and I ain't actually dying. That's enough for me not to be lashing out at those around me.

As for Jumble, he was my initial vote/hunch, and yes, tunnel, before you came in. Again, by vote by hunches, prehaps not "reasons" as you might see it (as opposed to;)

VOTE: URAP2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:19 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

i think you're town. you think im scum. this is frustrating.
you just gave a narrative that you think shows why im scummy. It's a very uncharitable narrative. I told you it was ill-conceived. it is.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:20 am

Post by the worst »

Alright show me you have conviction in your reads
write off other people's language
to hell with "too confusing for LyLo"
"I don't want to read ____" can get stuffed; if you're confused on specifics tell us what's on your mind and we can help

tell us why Urist is scum and needs to be lynched.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:23 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1040, foodcoats wrote:
In post 1037, the worst wrote:"your narrative is ill-conceived"

I can't tell if you're diverging from your usual style because you're really invested in attacking URAP2 or scum!TW wants to mislynch URAP.
1) I've been drinking + I can't sleep due to Intense Traffic Noise which is vexing me slightly. this is closer to my usual non IC posting style
2) I don't trust URAP2 but he has some notable tells towards both alignments
3) to pivot the conversation towards 1044 by explaining which parts of his push I very strongly dislike and inviting him to spew his alignment

I have other thoughts on this page which are directly against my win condition to voice (ergo I won't) -- remind me to go into this before the deadline!
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

im spending too much of a work day on this as is. im not going to go through and develop a wall case on him. he's a fine d1 lynch. so are vort, jumble, and yyotta
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:26 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1046, u r a person 2 wrote:im spending too much of a work day on this as is. im not going to go through and develop a wall case on him. he's a fine d1 lynch. so are vort, jumble, and yyotta
meh lynch this
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 am

Post by the worst »

1046 boils down to exactly "no I won't work with someone I think is town or help them to correctly townread me because it's too much effort"

this is not a thing. surely.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:29 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

bro last night i did exactly that with cheeky. im capable of it and i like doing it. this is decision day and i have a job. no one attacked you for getting on a plane.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”