Micro 836: Jester Nightless Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 446, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 440, the worst wrote:Nancy on a scale of 1 to 10 how scummy would you say Michael is atm?
Super. He’s also acting really unbelievably disgusting and taking advantage of our disagreement. It’s despicable outside of game-related reasons to do that. He knows damn well, both of us were genuinely upset and he disgustingly pounced on it. :vomit:
Jester's job is to be 10/10 scum. Please don't lynch reactively.
Last edited by Jingle on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 449, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Legitimately beyond disgusting, these posts. Who takes such callous advantage of 2 friends who are genuinely hurting? Seriously, who tf does this?
Your being hurt doesn't mean I should stop pushing you? Also, the remotely tiny chance that you actually saw reason and were okay with a lynch, since it's GOOD for town to get lynched?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 445, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 1, Auro wrote:Well hello there Date Mike!
Jingle, keep hosting Jester games, I love them xD

Anyway, wanted to note here that I'm actually suspecting Nancy of being scum -- she was conspicuously off the Yes Mafia wagon, and seems to abhor the idea of being lynched as an "obvtown". :P

TW seems like the Jester, Kent&Sain are prolly town because of their slip.
In post 2, volxen wrote:Yeah TW is definitely not a good lynch, I think there is a high likelihood of him being either scum or jester.

Interesting theory about Nancy. You've been advocating for lynching obvtown in the thread -- aside from our own slot, who else would you be comfortable lynching today?

I think the challenge here is distinguishing scum from jester. Are there certain players that you could see as either being town or scum, but definitely NOT jester? I think in terms of reads, that's the most important thing at the moment -- identifying players who are definitely not the jester. This is my first time playing this type of game mode, so I'm not really sure what strategy the jester will be applying here. At the most basic level, there is the assumption that the jester would want to get heavily scumread to help them get lynched, but then again the jester might anticipate this, and actually try to town it up to throw everyone off (especially since, as you suggested yourself, lynching obvtown is actually a really good strategy in this game, especially since half of the scumteam has been eliminated). So it's very possible that the jester is among the "obvtown" players as opposed to the more null or scummy players.

So who do you think is
legitimate
"obvtown" in this game, or at least "obvnotjester"? Those are the players that we need to identify.
In post 3, volxen wrote:Should we test your Nancy theory by trying to hard push for her lynch today? If Nancy is scum and we get lynched today, she might be able to avoid a lynch on day 3 by continuing to establish herself as "obvtown" and making the argument that the group should lynch someone who is "obvnotjester" yet also "not obvtown" (her reasoning for lynching us today as opposed to herself).

So if Nancy is scum, if she takes us out today, she just has to avoid that "obvtown" lynch on day 3. Then on day 4 the jester suicides, and at that point the game reverts back to the normal "lynch the scummiest player" routine, and she can just coast on her "obvtown" status and win the game.

So the point is, if Nancy is scum and we get lynched today, that is going to seriously jeopardize our chances of winning this game, as I don't know that we can trust this group to "follow our wishes" and auto lynch Nancy on day 3. All she really has to do as scum on day 3 is convince the group that lynching the most obvtown player is a bad strategy, and identify a player that is "obvnotjester" but also "not obvtown" and push for that players lynch (as she is doing to us right now).

I don't think we should advocate for our own lynch today, I think we need to stay in the game longer.
In post 6, Auro wrote:Nancy's convinced we're not jester because we were aggressively pushing her wagon -- it's unexpected for a jester to campaign for two other lynches on successive days, so I can see where she's coming from. The biggest reason I'm scumreading Nancy is because of her push against lynching her, and the lack of vote in D1.

It's actually fine if we get lynched as long as town follows our plan afterwards -- something I'll personally iron out with the rest of the slots in case we do. Our ending post would be "KILL NANCY, TRUST US" in caps. :P If she fights it too much in D3, that makes her more scumspect.

My reads list I posted are my actual thoughts, save Nancy's green. What do you think? What do you make of my last two posts?
Other then, you should maybe quit playing Mafia, not much.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I asked TW, not you. :P
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Also, you did use AtE as scum in the past, so I don't really buy it. :P
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 450, the worst wrote:
In post 446, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 440, the worst wrote:Nancy on a scale of 1 to 10 how scummy would you say Michael is atm?
Super. He’s also acting really unbelievably disgusting and taking advantage of our disagreement. It’s despicable outside of game-related reasons to do that. He knows damn well, both of us were genuinely upset and he disgustingly pounced on it. :vomit:
Jester's job is to be 10/10 scum. Please don't lynch reactively.
The ONLY reason I said I didn’t want to be in this game, is obviously your friendship means a great deal to me and no game ever, is worth losing that and MS’s response to that borders on inhuman.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 453, Michael Scott wrote:I asked TW, not you. :P
I’ll respond to whatever posts I like.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

TW, if you're up and want to engage honestly, I am.
Read my Hydra PT posts -- I think it's a good possibility that Nancy is scum, too, for the survivalist attitude, and she'd definitely not react *this* way to a push on her as jester.
Would you be okay lynching her tomorrow? And even if I do make it to D4, whatever -- kill me then, there's one more ML, I think town should lunch someone between you and K&S if you're still alive.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 454, Michael Scott wrote:Also, you did use AtE as scum in the past, so I don't really buy it. :P
That’s why I said you should quit playing Mafia because I never ever fake my emotions - as ANY alignment. I honestly don’t know how to do that and I think if I ever tried it, I would be found out immediately.

So yeah, you’re dead wrong about that.

I don’t have a hydra scum PT that ever really got used. And you don’t have access to my Discord convos , so . . .
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I was referring to my Hydra PT, which I quoted from, where we were deliberating over the possibility of you being scum.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 457, Michael Scott wrote:TW, if you're up and want to engage honestly, I am.
Read my Hydra PT posts -- I think it's a good possibility that Nancy is scum, too, for the survivalist attitude, and she'd definitely not react *this* way to a push on her as jester.
Would you be okay lynching her tomorrow? And even if I do make it to D4, whatever -- kill me then, there's one more ML, I think town should lunch someone between you and K&S if you're still alive.
You should selfvote now to avoid embarrassing yourself further. :facepalm:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 459, Michael Scott wrote:I was referring to my Hydra PT, which I quoted from, where we were deliberating over the possibility of you being scum.
What is blatantly obvious is that you have never read any of my scumgames on here. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 461, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 459, Michael Scott wrote:I was referring to my Hydra PT, which I quoted from, where we were deliberating over the possibility of you being scum.
What is blatantly obvious is that you have never read any of my scumgames on here. :lol:
My scumcase on you isn't meta related.
Kent and Sain
Kent and Sain
Townie
Kent and Sain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Kent and Sain »

In post 445, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 1, Auro wrote:Well hello there Date Mike!
Jingle, keep hosting Jester games, I love them xD

Anyway, wanted to note here that I'm actually suspecting Nancy of being scum -- she was conspicuously off the Yes Mafia wagon, and seems to abhor the idea of being lynched as an "obvtown". :P

TW seems like the Jester, Kent&Sain are prolly town because of their slip.
In post 2, volxen wrote:Yeah TW is definitely not a good lynch, I think there is a high likelihood of him being either scum or jester.

Interesting theory about Nancy. You've been advocating for lynching obvtown in the thread -- aside from our own slot, who else would you be comfortable lynching today?

I think the challenge here is distinguishing scum from jester. Are there certain players that you could see as either being town or scum, but definitely NOT jester? I think in terms of reads, that's the most important thing at the moment -- identifying players who are definitely not the jester. This is my first time playing this type of game mode, so I'm not really sure what strategy the jester will be applying here. At the most basic level, there is the assumption that the jester would want to get heavily scumread to help them get lynched, but then again the jester might anticipate this, and actually try to town it up to throw everyone off (especially since, as you suggested yourself, lynching obvtown is actually a really good strategy in this game, especially since half of the scumteam has been eliminated). So it's very possible that the jester is among the "obvtown" players as opposed to the more null or scummy players.

So who do you think is
legitimate
"obvtown" in this game, or at least "obvnotjester"? Those are the players that we need to identify.
In post 3, volxen wrote:Should we test your Nancy theory by trying to hard push for her lynch today? If Nancy is scum and we get lynched today, she might be able to avoid a lynch on day 3 by continuing to establish herself as "obvtown" and making the argument that the group should lynch someone who is "obvnotjester" yet also "not obvtown" (her reasoning for lynching us today as opposed to herself).

So if Nancy is scum, if she takes us out today, she just has to avoid that "obvtown" lynch on day 3. Then on day 4 the jester suicides, and at that point the game reverts back to the normal "lynch the scummiest player" routine, and she can just coast on her "obvtown" status and win the game.

So the point is, if Nancy is scum and we get lynched today, that is going to seriously jeopardize our chances of winning this game, as I don't know that we can trust this group to "follow our wishes" and auto lynch Nancy on day 3. All she really has to do as scum on day 3 is convince the group that lynching the most obvtown player is a bad strategy, and identify a player that is "obvnotjester" but also "not obvtown" and push for that players lynch (as she is doing to us right now).

I don't think we should advocate for our own lynch today, I think we need to stay in the game longer.
In post 6, Auro wrote:Nancy's convinced we're not jester because we were aggressively pushing her wagon -- it's unexpected for a jester to campaign for two other lynches on successive days, so I can see where she's coming from. The biggest reason I'm scumreading Nancy is because of her push against lynching her, and the lack of vote in D1.

It's actually fine if we get lynched as long as town follows our plan afterwards -- something I'll personally iron out with the rest of the slots in case we do. Our ending post would be "KILL NANCY, TRUST US" in caps. :P If she fights it too much in D3, that makes her more scumspect.

My reads list I posted are my actual thoughts, save Nancy's green. What do you think? What do you make of my last two posts?
I don’t think this is permitted...
-Kent
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 462, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 461, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
My scumcase on you isn't meta related.
Clearly!
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Damnit, I read the first page rules and didn't find one which banned quoting Hydra PTs -- is it not?
Kent and Sain
Kent and Sain
Townie
Kent and Sain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Kent and Sain »

Oh boy that’s no bueno
I’m not gonna flag him down but I’m not gonna try to stop the mod if he takes issue with that
-Kent
Kent and Sain
Kent and Sain
Townie
Kent and Sain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Kent and Sain »

In post 465, Michael Scott wrote:Damnit, I read the first page rules and didn't find one which banned quoting Hydra PTs -- is it not?
Pretty sure it’s against the rules yeah
But it’s up to the mod
-Kent
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Crap, crap, mod -- delete the posts, please, I just read the rule.
Kent and Sain
Kent and Sain
Townie
Kent and Sain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Kent and Sain »

I don’t think deleting them will be an option as I already saw them.
-Kent
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I mean functionally I could've pasted from discord chat too, is that banned as well?
Kent and Sain
Kent and Sain
Townie
Kent and Sain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Kent and Sain »

That would be banned by the same logic, yes.
-Kent
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Right. @Mod, what happens now?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I'll stop posting till the mod takes action -- I think a modkill should be fair in this scenario, too -- I'll post again if the mod allows it.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 472, Michael Scott wrote:Right. @Mod, what happens now?
I don’t want to win if scum or jester is modkilled. That would kind of suck but I think that’s what we’re probably looking at. :/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”