Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Nauci »

I'm so sad Irrelephant claimed yesterday lol

Btw

Going to go ahead and throw down a big'ole FOS on Keyser at this point

So little meaningful content from a normally powerhouse player

Anyway my town block is skitter30/shoshin/tw/Nancy, and lynchpool is performer/Keyser/mew for today
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2699, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 2695, Nauci wrote:
In post 2691, Mewtaph wrote:I'm not an odd night vigilante if that's what some people are waiting on.

I understand Nancy's core concern here but am kind of looking at Mitillos in terms of the most AI content in that exchange.

Also soft resetting on some of my reads the flips re: Irrelephant + Creature, a scum flip on N_M would have been great but you can't have everything I suppose. Honestly I feel like people are ignoring why I misread Creature's approach towards me and Performer as scummy and I think the reason why is because there are too many people that are kind of swaying in the same kind of area on me "nullish green" or "???" with not enough differentiation that I'm finding it hard to separate the slots as players rather than a feeling towards a group of players. Conveniently it's a nice, lazy place to sit on any read as both town and scum so it would be nice if you could help differentiate your read in a stronger, more pertinent way somehow.
Are you saying that your reads of us are dependent mostly on our reads of you?
No. Soft reset does not mean hard reset and also doesn't mean "town read everyone that is willing to call me town".

P-edit: Most of my reads are pretty heavy on the town leans.
I swear to God all of your words say nothing

You're like Ms. Swan from Mad TV

SCUM LOOKA LIKA MANNNNN
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Last night I was doing some reading up to . (all players posted at least once except me/Not_Mafia)

The players I mentioned earlier had pretty meh entrances up to that point + Varsoon.
I struggled to move Keyser upwards in my list compared to how everyone else stacked up, I felt like he was trying to keep up with the towniness but couldn't quite get there? It's a strange feeling to describe but I feel it was present.

Shoshin, skitter30, the worst, Nauci are all super obvious town picks in their first few posts (will elaborate on this if asked but I feel like this is an overused subject)

Saudade (now Kokichi) actually had... a surprisingly decent entrance (town lean).

AlmostNancy seems town just based on how it seems odd for any of them to fake motivation to make posts in a certain way, with strong regards to Almost50's incredibly eye-catching posting.

Mitillos presence in the few early pages feels good, but I don't know how good I feel about feeling good about someone. (town lean)
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

I think this is a good point of reference, so if anyone disagrees with what I'm seeing, please do share.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Post by Shoshin »

VOTE: Performer
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Performer »

In post 2691, Mewtaph wrote:I'm not an odd night vigilante if that's what some people are waiting on.

I understand Nancy's core concern here but am kind of looking at Mitillos in terms of the most AI content in that exchange.

Also soft resetting on some of my reads the flips re: Irrelephant + Creature, a scum flip on N_M would have been great but you can't have everything I suppose. Honestly I feel like people are ignoring why I misread Creature's approach towards me and Performer as scummy and I think the reason why is because there are too many people that are kind of swaying in the same kind of area on me "nullish green" or "???" with not enough differentiation that I'm finding it hard to separate the slots as players rather than a feeling towards a group of players. Conveniently it's a nice, lazy place to sit on any read as both town and scum so it would be nice if you could help differentiate your read in a stronger, more pertinent way somehow.
Well. This is strange, because I was expecting you to have come in to claim that.
Because if we're not the vigs, there is no way I believe there are 2 sks here. At the same time, scum cant possibly be that dense to have killed irrel, which at least 1 person has suggested that scum killed irrel.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2666, Nauci wrote:
In post 2559, Mitillos wrote:@Shoshin: I can answer why she townread N_M, and I already did (because she already explained it, herself). I cannot answer whether her reasoning fits her town meta. As for throwing shade at your slot, tempers are high, what with us lynching a doctor. I can accept such things as coming from town generally. If Nancy is not capable of these things as town, that's another story, but I don't have the meta for this suggestion.
When I made reference to empty "he's town" posts, I didn't mean just those words. I meant half-hearted non-effort at explaining or defending N_M. I'm defending her because I think that your reasoning for scumreading her is fallacious. I don't like fallacious reasoning. I don't like fallacious reasoning even when it comes to a conclusion I agree with. In fact, as town I once defended another player against fallacious accusations, and made my own case against him in the same post (and caught a lot of flak for doing this).

@AlNan: No, I honestly don't think there is anything there indicating Shoshin-scum. Her attack on you can easily come from town, and is not completely unreasonable. I just think that you're town and that she's honestly mistaken.
You and reundo need to play together

(That's a compliment)
Literally dream team (also a compliment)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2673, Nauci wrote:
In post 2588, the worst wrote:I think this is the most obvtown I've been except maybe for out synergy in Labyrinth?
Don't know anything about labyrinth but this is the towniest that you have ever towned

And I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of scum you after having managed to dunk it that many times :lol:
asdfghjkl;' well said ;n;
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2705, Performer wrote:

Well. This is strange, because I was expecting you to have come in to claim that.
Because if we're not the vigs, there is no way I believe there are 2 sks here. At the same time, scum cant possibly be that dense to have killed irrel, which at least 1 person has suggested that scum killed irrel.
I don't understand any of your premises or conclusions
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2678, Nauci wrote:
In post 2609, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2608, the worst wrote:Shoshin/me w/w in particular never kills Rel
If you don't expressly townread both of us you're mad to think we are ever scum together
lol seriously...
Hey guys do we invite skitter to the block
Yes on the proviso skitter is the first person out if like {you, shoshin, skitter} I'd be wrong on (rel would have been the 4th name here)

if this were coalition etc. I'd have healed her fwiw
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Nauci »

Why wouldn't scum use some sort of save early on to take out a player that half the game has described as extremely great when they can guarantee that their protective status is working

Like, scum Keyser absolutely would have had Irrelephant shot if they had a protective

So would an SK (and imo SKs are more likely to get something like BP or some other sort of modifier—especially if it's true that they don't get ninja). Creature is a more classic scum kill I'd expect from scum thinking he was a TPR because he was in that scum-hunting-but-more-low-key zone that TPR often hover at
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2684, Nauci wrote:
In post 2628, AlmostNancy wrote:So, when I flip, I will be one dead townie who’s reads shouldn’t be ignored.
Fairly confident that this is TvT and I have to stop engaging with Nancy for the sake of everyone's blood pressure and not spamming the thread
extremely big mood
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 2711, the worst wrote:
In post 2684, Nauci wrote:
In post 2628, AlmostNancy wrote:So, when I flip, I will be one dead townie who’s reads shouldn’t be ignored.
Fairly confident that this is TvT and I have to stop engaging with Nancy for the sake of everyone's blood pressure and not spamming the thread
extremely big mood
mood
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Performer »

I think I'm at L-2 right now. So I think it's a good time for me to claim.
I am 1-shot Bp, flavor of Bunkered SCV.
Below are posts that back up why I was behaving that way about irrel, as well as other things.
In post 2693, Nauci wrote:town had 2 vig and a pgo
Thinking this is likelier than 2 sks, given the flips.
In post 2705, Performer wrote:Because if we're not the vigs, there is no way I believe there are 2 sks here. At the same time, scum cant possibly be that dense to have killed irrel, which at least 1 person has suggested that scum killed irrel.
In post 2209, Performer wrote:Agh, forgot to get butter for my biscuit from the store . Great.
Breadcrumb.
In post 968, Performer wrote:@irrel:

The why about Creat is since he brought up a third party role, the host stating there is at least 1 third party, and his series of posts of who he had as tr and as sr, along with his sr on mew .
I dont see how anyone could get an impression on teacher’s 1 post. it’s ridiculous that someone could get an sr off 1 post with barely any content PLUS team that person with me.
Additionally, creat has sr me with no reason yet somehow has xtox as tr.

There’s also something about your claim that I don’t want to get into at this time, that makes me think third party is likely in this game…but I think this would be better discussed on later phase(s).
In post 1251, Performer wrote:So irrel said Rory Swann was a Terran engineer. There IS mention of guns in his wiki.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by Nauci »

While I'm not sure if I understand everything you just said

If the flavor is bunkered SCV for 1sbp, I like Krazy even more than I already did and that was already mildly creepy mafia-crush level :shifty:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2669, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 2645, skitter30 wrote:i'm strongly considering it
I double dog dare you
you're tempting me to do it literally just because you dared me to

there's like no way all of you/mew/not_mafia are town
the lynch doesn't end up on not_mafia in that universe like ever

==
In post 2683, AlmostNancy wrote:Ding! ding! we have a winner. We are not seeing eye to eye on much of anything in this game. We aren’t mindmelding at all together. I don’t even know why.

This has to be like the most dysfunctional hydra ever, I think.
i feel like scum try to minimize the hydra dissonance most of the time tbh

==
In post 2691, Mewtaph wrote:Conveniently it's a nice, lazy place to sit on any read as both town and scum so it would be nice if you could help differentiate your read in a stronger, more pertinent way somehow.
who is this addressing?

==
In post 2697, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 2693, Nauci wrote:Creature was in a few people's POE but I extremely doubt that town had 2 vig and a pgo

Like I feel like the creature kill has to have been a TPR hunt
I agree, the existence of not just one but two town PRs capable of killing suggests that there isn't another. The "Loud" modifier also indicates that the mafia team has some form of protection somehow, probably in the form of a doctor.
i mean the fact that whoever killed irrel isn't dead indicates that they ahve some sort of protection

==
In post 2702, Mewtaph wrote:Saudade (now Kokichi) actually had... a surprisingly decent entrance (town lean).
elaborate please

==
In post 2702, Mewtaph wrote:with strong regards to Almost50's incredibly eye-catching posting.
not ai for him

the fact that he had like no real significant content anywhere there is HIGH-KEY scummy for him
(since he objected to my use of low-key earlier)

==
In post 2713, Performer wrote:I am 1-shot Bp, flavor of Bunkered SCV.
ngl i think it's entirely possible that you killed irrel last night
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Performer »

also I just remembered I wanted to post this @nauci: congratulations on the fostering of kittens! I'm a huge liker of birds , chinchillas, and cats. You'll have your hands full. Always thought of getting a cat but I would not have the time and am a little bit of a clean freak so I cant ... haha
---------

Well Nauci...I also give credit to krazy for this weird flavor. I agree that it's extremely creepy to tie it to bp.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Nauci »

I think that creature's sureness about there being a 3rd party may have been enough of a crumb to signal he had additional information of some sort and may be a tpr to a discerning scum

VOTE: Keyser Söze
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: mewtaph

performer is scummy (i'm not ready for him to go to l1 yet)
kokichi is scummy

i don't townread keyser
i'm very confused by almostnancy and i'm tending towards nullscum on them rn

mitillos townread is weakening
i never really townread xtoxom and still don't but i don't explicitly scumreadin him either

i think i townread everyone else but i may be forgetting someone
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Nauci »

I just remembered that scum were given fake claims

Ok I don't feel any better about performer
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2715, skitter30 wrote:ngl i think it's entirely possible that you killed irrel last night
This is what I was thinking.

I also don't like that Performer keeps acting like scum would never shoot Irrelephant. Feels like something scum would say when they in fact shot him.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2719, Nauci wrote:I just remembered that scum were given fake claims

Ok I don't feel any better about performer
i mean it could be a real claim, and he could have used it to kill irrel

nothing inherently townie about the claim
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

The claim doesn't do much for me personally - that being said I don't want a quick hammer lynch just because they've already claimed.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

VOTE: key
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2723, Kokichi Oma wrote:VOTE: key
Are you townreading Mew?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”