newbie 1905: pictures from my phone (GAME OGRE !!!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

wow TW, that's quite the well thought out effort. That's cool of you to do, mate. I appreciate the praise, and I think everyone played a pretty solid game. Was a lot of fun
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 1539, the worst wrote:Sorry about your day one lynch here; I think you played pretty well and your meta is starting to take shape a little. So secretly I was also following Newbie 1902 (your scumgame) and had a pretty strong feeling that your alignment in that game and this game were different. Unfortunately I didn't really have an opportunity to act on that, and the only player I trusted to level with me on your meta/who could read you without cold-reading the thread turned out to be scum. :<
I mean, sure I may have done “okay”, but now I actually have to play something outside of newbie games because this is my 3rd time and after that I’ll have to /in SE which I feel like I don’t deserve at all, even after said other game.

As for the having more fun part, I feel like I had less nervousness than last game, so technically more fun?

@Person2 Yes, that new avatar does make you less scummy.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1551, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:@Person2 Yes, that new avatar does make you less scummy.
sweet. i'm building a library for different situations. gotta have my avatar game on point
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by volxen »

Sorry for replacing out, I really wish I could have stayed, but I got so busy with work/IRL that I really didn't have a choice. But it looks like you all had a good game -- I will have to read through the whole thing when I get some time! Thanks for replacing into my slot Pint, you did a pretty good job!

And TW, I hope I get another chance to be scum against you. Though playing with or against you is hard, because at some point in our games together you
ALWAYS
end up scumreading me regardless of my alignment. Maybe one of these days I will find out the secret on how to get townlocked by TW. :D
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by volxen »

Oh and Cheeky, I am 100% male thank you very much. :lol:
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by volxen »

And wow URAP2, that was pretty impressive how you got a guilty on Yotta, and managed to get her lynched without having to out yourself as the cop, only to then turn around and get ANOTHER guilty on Pint. Back-to-back guilties, jeez what are the odds dude. Now it makes sense why you lolhammered Yotta out of nowhere though -- you didn't want her to have a chance to fakeclaim, as that would have forced you to out yourself as the cop in order to push Yotta's lynch through.

That gives me something to consider for my future scumgames -- if me or my scumbuddy get lolhammered without being given a chance to claim, there is probably a good chance that the townie that placed the hammer vote is a TPR who got a guilty on me or my scumbuddy. That didn't occur to me at first, as I guess I just assumed that if someone got a guilty on Yotta, they would have just outed themselves on day 2.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

thanks mate. i don't think i'll ever be able to pull that one off again!
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

and as good as my d2 game was, my d1 was shaky. I was trying to be a little scummy so that I wouldn't have to worry about eating a night kill. But I nearly flew too close to the sun. Pin thought about giving intent to hammer at one point, which would have forced my claim. Later, duck asked me to claim. I needed to project town just a little bit more
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

tw am i reading right that you're modding the next road to rome game? I'm gonna play that if so sounds fun
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1555, volxen wrote:jeez what are the odds dude
less than six percent
!!!!!!!!!
u r a person 2 wrote:tw am i reading right that you're modding the next road to rome game? I'm gonna play that if so sounds fun
I will be! (pressure is on!) Definitely sign up. :)
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

is it okay if i spam you with pms talking through my thought process? i didn't ask shadd's permission and he handled it very well in spite of this

also other people from this game should sign up. i think it only needs one or two more players to ship
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by the worst »

yes absolutely, you'd be welcome to do that via pm or even in a pt if that would be more beneficial! there's lots of great players in the SE/IC slots coming up. should be a hype list. :)
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

he did troll me tho in response i loved it

newbie 1905: night 2 result
Sent: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:39 pm
To: u r a person 2

pinturicchio is

ooh sorry gimme a sec they have veggie pizza at the dining hall
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 1559, the worst wrote:
less than six percent
!!!!!!!!!
u r a person 2 wrote:tw am i reading right that you're modding the next road to rome game? I'm gonna play that if so sounds fun
Can’t, this was my 3rd newbie game so now I actually have to play something non-newbie.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

you're gonna do great jumble go get em
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1563, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 1559, the worst wrote:
less than six percent
!!!!!!!!!
Can’t, this was my 3rd newbie game so now I actually have to play something non-newbie.
That's not true Jumble -- you can play as many newbie games as you want! But in order to be able to /in as a SE, you have to have a total of three completed games, one of which must be outside of Road to Rome (i.e., it must be a non-newbie game). But you can keep playing newbie games and /in as a newbie until you meet the qualifications for SE, however long that takes.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1562, u r a person 2 wrote:he did troll me tho in response i loved it

newbie 1905: night 2 result
Sent: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:39 pm
To: u r a person 2

pinturicchio is

ooh sorry gimme a sec they have veggie pizza at the dining hall
hahahaha
schadd_ is like my #1 favourite mod of all time on MafiaScum : ]
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 0, schadd_ wrote: : foodcoats replaces Tinexkksi
: pinturicchio replaces volxen
: CheekyTeeky replaces nonny
: u r a person 2 replaces InfernoDragon18
: day 1 flip
: day 2 flip
:
real endgame

:
fake endgame
omg schadd :lol:
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Good job you guys, it was a fun game! URAP2, you have to go easier with the crumbing, I knew from D1 that you were the cop; I didn't kill 'cause I was convinced that you would never check me. I was planning to kill you on the next night. But that means you improved your reads overnight and that was a wonderful move, I could not expect that!

Sorry Cheeky and duckling, I played too damn good this time :lol:

By the way, if I recall correctly, someone said that I could not fake emotions like I did at some time. Yes, I genuinely felt bad at some point (much more for the surgery than Urist or Vorkuta being meanies), but using real emotions in your favour is what you should try to do as scum. It's quite impressive how good people can read you without even knowing you personally or without looking you into your eyes. If you express yourself, people will get it. And I'm not talking about AtE, I'm talking about everythink you think and feel about the game. I think that's the best advice I could give you for playing better this game.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by the worst »

Surprised you didn't just shoot him and countercrumb neap/doc beautiful : / I'd be curious to see how this game would've gone if we had normal!pintu actually. I think your surgery recovery spins your play a little (not a bad thing obviously :P just interesting)
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1568, pinturicchio wrote:Good job you guys, it was a fun game! URAP2, you have to go easier with the crumbing, I knew from D1 that you were the cop; I didn't kill 'cause I was convinced that you would never check me. I was planning to kill you on the next night. But that means you improved your reads overnight and that was a wonderful move, I could not expect that!
This makes sense. I was a little surprised when i survived n1. Why cheeky before me if you were sure i was a pr? Even if im not checking you, i could still be providing green checks.

Or is that why you nk'd cheeky? Because you figured i would check cheeky? Maybe a bit too sneaky for your own good!
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Oh and Cheeky, I did have to excuse myself because of surgery, I was in great pain and me being cranky was because of that.

@URAP2 one last thing: I thought you were going to check Vorkuta last night, that's why I decided to kill him. Now that I see the dead thread with what you said to schadd I feel better since you considered him as scum because of the crumbing.

I think this game would've been a mafia win with a different partner tho. You guys were all over the place with your reads and not cooperating with the others :lol: foodcoats was obvtown since he entered the thread; the duckling was pretty obvious town too.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1570, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1568, pinturicchio wrote:Good job you guys, it was a fun game! URAP2, you have to go easier with the crumbing, I knew from D1 that you were the cop; I didn't kill 'cause I was convinced that you would never check me. I was planning to kill you on the next night. But that means you improved your reads overnight and that was a wonderful move, I could not expect that!
This makes sense. I was a little surprised when i survived n1. Why cheeky before me if you were sure i was a pr? Even if im not checking you, i could still be providing green checks.

Or is that why you nk'd cheeky? Because you figured i would check cheeky? Maybe a bit too sneaky for your own good!
To be completely honest, I was pretty sure you were going to check Yyotta and I wanted to get town points for pushing her on D2, but that went wrong. The Cheeky kill was to incriminate the worst, since Vorkuta would take whatever the circumstances gave him to scumread him.

So the only green check you would've provided would've been the one on N2, but I thought it was going to be Vorkuta. What I planed:
Lynch Jumble, kill Cheeky
Lynch Yyotta, kill Vorkuta
Lynch duckling, kill URAP2

So a 2v1 with Urist and foodcoats... Yeah I would've won that :lol: I could see it so clearly: foodcoats and Urist voting each other and making me decide who is the remaining scum
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1569, the worst wrote:Surprised you didn't just shoot him and countercrumb neap/doc beautiful : / I'd be curious to see how this game would've gone if we had normal!pintu actually. I think your surgery recovery spins your play a little (not a bad thing obviously :P just interesting)
Yeah I was planning to finish all my games before surgery to not let it affect my playstyle, but I saw the opportunity to replace in a game with you and Cheeky and had to take it :]

If I killed him, I think you would've suspected me. I said it in the thread at some moment: Vorkuta and foodcoats weren't considering that you could be town since the player who died was not a PR, when it was very plausible that you already knew. I wanted to mirror you, basically.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

glad i had some luck on my side. ^^This is the kind of mind that wins games. guy is playing chess.
but...
In post 1572, pinturicchio wrote:but [it] went wrong.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”