AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2824, Nauci wrote:V/LA for 3 days as I replay the WoL campaign :lol: (kidding)

I'm kinda basically waiting for Keyser to "show up" in this game before I feel like any progression can happen for my reads

I'm having a really hard time reading AN because all of the most memorable posts to me are the ones berating or being angry at people and not the analysis posts besides the ones FOSing people for FOSing them

Maybe I'll tackle that ISO eventually
Okay, this is precisely the kind of thing I’m getting tired of. I’m really losing patience with this crap. Just stop. Kthanx. :roll:
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

@Nauci, you were the person, I referenced in my post as being mean. This is beginning to border on abusive now. I’m asking you nicely to stop and if you continue to either talk to me/or about me this way, I WILL report you. Don’t test me.

Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 2807, Nauci wrote:
In post 2797, Xtoxm wrote:Those of us inside the "poe" have seen the first one flip town, know our own alignment and see another claiming ic. If performer flips scum and koki doesn't get confirmed then ok but it's really looking like the poe is bs from where I'm standing
PoE call only be bs if you think that some of our strong town reads are scum

Otherwise anyone still in the pool just needs to work harder to town post

Who do you think of the strong town reads are scum if you think this is BS?
Why call Xtoxm out for this specifically, instead of me?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Nauci »

My last PoE rant was addressed at you specifically
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Mmm... yes. I see it now. :igmeou:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 2813, Kokichi Oma wrote:Just don't shoot me if you're a vig if it doesn't show me as IC right away N2. But, yes I will be clear, don't worry.
Why is your claim constantly changing? :?
Surely you should know your role pm inside out by now and clarified with the mod straight away the ‘details’ (especially the timing as it’s pretty crucial).
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Just FYI, starting in about 9 hours, I will be in transit (mostly by plane) for a good chunk of the 24 hours after that. Consider me V/LA during that time, but I will be back after that (and I will see if I can read what's happening during that time, but I'm not holding my breath).
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 2735, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2726, Nauci wrote:Skitter, shoshin, tw, mitillos: let's talk about Keyser

Also, AN: how much experience do you guys have with Keyser?
Me, none but I just ISO’d him and he was heavily scumreading both Irrelephant11 and Creature fwiw.
FTR: I came round as probtown on Relly the second half of D1...

RE: Creature: I didn’t like all the strong town reads of Creature, but in no way was I actively “heavily scumreading him”.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:18 pm

Post by the worst »

Keeeeeeyseeeeeeer ❤❤❤❤
How are you reading Nauci after your d1 tinfoil?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:39 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

No tinfoil since yesterday, she blossomed into a town lean yesterday.

I can kinda understand her FoS/paranoia on my level of output (but there is enough in my ISO to be nowhere near L-1 today) :cool:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 2774, AlmostNancy wrote:Hardclaim: We are indeed an “informed townie” but the only thing we are actually informed about is that one person in the game, has a specific flavour. We have no idea who though, only that it exists.
Does this flavour give any clue if this player is town/groupscum/3rd party?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 2789, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2787, skitter30 wrote:claiming informed townie should make me want to townread you because ...?

honestly the way a50 claimed it (popping in, claiming, having very little actual content accompanying it) is kinda scummy for him
But I explained what it actually is. If I reveal the specific flavour, than scum could fakeclaim it but that flavour does exist in the game and I may even have a possible idea who it could be but I don’t want to say, until one person actually claims it or it flips.
“Scum could fakeclaim it”?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2823, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2814, Varsoon wrote:@Kokichi: It's probably Even-Night Zerg gets to kill, Odd-Night Protoss or the bad Terrans, going by flavor so far?
In post 2816, Kokichi Oma wrote:Yeah. That makes some sense. I doubt Zerg would have a kill flavor of shot, so it should be interesting to see.
Wtf are those? I don’t recall seeing any of those on MS Wiki?
In Starcraft, there are 3 distinct factions:
1. The Terran - humans. These are further divided and going through a civil war. In the video game, there are good Terrans and bad Terrans. The hero of the Terran that you play as is Jim Raynor. The primary villain is Mengsk.
2. The Zerg - Aliens created with 'perfect' bodies that serve a hive mind. In the video game, they can corrupt Terrans into becoming like them. One corrupted Terran, Kerrigan, has powerful psychic abilities and, through subterfuge and civil war, practically assumes control of the Zerg.
3. The Protoss - Aliens created with 'perfect' minds. In the video game, they are fractured into various factions with some 'Dark' Protoss severing the tendrils on their heads that allow them to be linked into a religiously interpreted psionic link with other Protoss. Tassadar is the hero of the Protoss, siding with the Terrans (and the Dark Protoss) and ultimately sacrificing himself to kill the Zerg Overmind.

In the video game, the three factions are at war with each other, with some intermingling between the sides.
Some Protoss aide Terrans and vice versa, whereas many kill each other on sight.
Zerg are pretty much the enemies of everyone but they can corrupt Terran into becoming Zerg.

My speculation is that with even and odd night roles, there is likely a scum faction of Zerg and a scum faction of Protoss/Humans. That way, kill flavor of 'shooting' would fit for odd nights but kill flavor of 'killing' would fit for even nights with these factions alternating their kills. I designed a setup very much built around alternating kills that a friend of mine ran off-site, which was a test at if multiball could be less of a shit show if built around that.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2836, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 2774, AlmostNancy wrote:Hardclaim: We are indeed an “informed townie” but the only thing we are actually informed about is that one person in the game, has a specific flavour. We have no idea who though, only that it exists.
Does this flavour give any clue if this player is town/groupscum/3rd party?
No unfortunately, it’s pretty useless for the most part. All I know is one of the players left in the game, has this flavour.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:01 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2837, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 2789, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2787, skitter30 wrote:claiming informed townie should make me want to townread you because ...?

honestly the way a50 claimed it (popping in, claiming, having very little actual content accompanying it) is kinda scummy for him
But I explained what it actually is. If I reveal the specific flavour, than scum could fakeclaim it but that flavour does exist in the game and I may even have a possible idea who it could be but I don’t want to say, until one person actually claims it or it flips.
“Scum could fakeclaim it”?
Well, I was referring to a counterclaim. I’m wondering if this player, also might know my flavour as well, or know that one of the players knows their flavour.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:08 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2838, Varsoon wrote:
In post 2823, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2814, Varsoon wrote:@Kokichi: It's probably Even-Night Zerg gets to kill, Odd-Night Protoss or the bad Terrans, going by flavor so far?
In post 2816, Kokichi Oma wrote:Yeah. That makes some sense. I doubt Zerg would have a kill flavor of shot, so it should be interesting to see.
Wtf are those? I don’t recall seeing any of those on MS Wiki?
In Starcraft, there are 3 distinct factions:
1. The Terran - humans. These are further divided and going through a civil war. In the video game, there are good Terrans and bad Terrans. The hero of the Terran that you play as is Jim Raynor. The primary villain is Mengsk.
2. The Zerg - Aliens created with 'perfect' bodies that serve a hive mind. In the video game, they can corrupt Terrans into becoming like them. One corrupted Terran, Kerrigan, has powerful psychic abilities and, through subterfuge and civil war, practically assumes control of the Zerg.
3. The Protoss - Aliens created with 'perfect' minds. In the video game, they are fractured into various factions with some 'Dark' Protoss severing the tendrils on their heads that allow them to be linked into a religiously interpreted psionic link with other Protoss. Tassadar is the hero of the Protoss, siding with the Terrans (and the Dark Protoss) and ultimately sacrificing himself to kill the Zerg Overmind.

In the video game, the three factions are at war with each other, with some intermingling between the sides.
Some Protoss aide Terrans and vice versa, whereas many kill each other on sight.
Zerg are pretty much the enemies of everyone but they can corrupt Terran into becoming Zerg.

My speculation is that with even and odd night roles, there is likely a scum faction of Zerg and a scum faction of Protoss/Humans. That way, kill flavor of 'shooting' would fit for odd nights but kill flavor of 'killing' would fit for even nights with these factions alternating their kills. I designed a setup very much built around alternating kills that a friend of mine ran off-site, which was a test at if multiball could be less of a shit show if built around that.
Ok, thanks for this. So are scum, everything but Terrans then?

And how does this fit into this game?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nah there could be scum terrans, either in their own faction or sided with the Zerg or Protoss even.
All our flips so far have been town-aligned Terrans.

What I'm saying is that if this is multiball, it makes sense (with kill flavors and our own roles that only act on even/odd nights) that the factions are split like that with an alternating kill.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

I think that's probably what your role is important for--you likely know if someone's flavor is terran, zerg, or protoss; which'll make sorting them out a little easier?
I dunno.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

Also with Kokichi claiming what essentially looks like Even-Night IC, we'll see if that's the case or if he's not just lying.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 2843, Varsoon wrote:I think that's probably what your role is important for--you likely know if someone's flavor is terran, zerg, or protoss; which'll make sorting them out a little easier?
I dunno.
No, I know nothing but the actual flavour name. I just know someone in the game has this specific flavour.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Xtoxm »

So it's not a safeclaim basically

You can confirm that person as town

If it's town flavour
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:58 am

Post by the worst »

Have the townies so far been good guys in the game? If so being able to confirm a flavour as not a fakeclaim probably means confirming someone's alignment (if the flavour is also a good guy in the game) I think?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, our flips so far have been
Terran, town aligned, Medic flavor.
Terran, town aligned, Duke flavor.
Terran, town aligned, Rory Swann flavor.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

Part of me leans towards us all flavor claiming because I highly doubt that the mod made the clearly-flavor-heroes as scum, but also
As a mod, I think flavor gaming is lame as fuck and contrary to the point of a setup.
It's really weird that Nancy has a role only about flavor.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”