Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4100 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 4089, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 4053, Nauci wrote:
In post 4013, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3966, Varsoon wrote:I was saying that a gunsmith would get a guilty on both of them.
Yes, that’s true but that’s why we would need to take their play into account and not just the guilty, in this particular case.
The context of his point is that a town gunsmith would be negative utility due to these 2 known false positives while it would help scum find tpr
Okay, I see but I think his claim is still believable. And at this point, do we still even have reason to think there’s anymore tprs with guns - now that both of them are dead?

If not, that role would no longer be a negative utility and we know if real, he couldn’t have gotten any results prior to the NKs. However, the inclusion of the word “informed” in the claim, is what makes me think it isn’t fake.
Negative utility is within the design of the game and does not take into account whether or not the false positive resulting players are still alive or not

Also

Roles =/= alignment

And the information he received could easily have been information scum would receive
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4101 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 4091, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 4055, Nauci wrote:
In post 4041, Xtoxm wrote:he only has about 16 posts today and none of them have done anything particularly redeeming imo.
he made another post that pinged me a bit as well. 3673
I was seriously town leaning him first half of d1 but his d2 posts have seriously deteriorated in the exact way that scum find it extremely difficult to keep up faking read progressions

Namely, he's basically provided none and has repeatedly answered questions about read updates with "I already explained my scum read it hasn't changed" which had felt completely inorganic
Did it possibly occur to anyone else that he has a possible TMI? I could be wrong about this but I think he had a post about 3 unclaimed Prs? At first, I thought he might be some kind of investigative but if he does actually have info on not 1 but 3 tprs, that is highly unlikely on D2.
Not sure what you're referring to
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4102 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Shoshin »

This is going to seem like an odd request to some of you but can everyone please break large quote blocks up a bit so that the thread is easier to read? Like, instead of quoting your entire conversation, maybe just quoting exactly what you're responding to? There's a lot of posts in this game and it's starting to get difficult to reread things with so much clutter. I'd really appreciate if we could make things easier on my eyes.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4103 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Nauci »

I plan to (and I usually do) but I'm currently on mobile between cleaning sessions for the floodpocalypse T_T

Also wrt the mitillos post

I remember noting it but I'm not sure if I scum read it

Reundo did pretty much the exact same thing at the beginning of watchmen wanted and I thought it contributed towards my town read of him, because he was anticipating being scum read for something he always does as town. I've done this kind of thing myself (I frequently got scum read for thinking about when something I did could look scummy to other people as part of my reads process).

It's only within the bigger picture of his game solving and analysis that he demonstrated clear capability of on d1 that his d2 screams scum to me.

It's bizarre that someone capable of making such clear analysis would sit back on d2 and just say "but the hammer was scummy yo" and repeatedly declare that nothing has really happened this day when SO MUCH has happened

But it's exactly how I've felt when I procrastinated on participating as scum because faking analysis is HARD

I'll need to read scum xtoxm games to give an idea of my read there; thank you for the heads up though
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4104 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

#4080 is so full of misreps and twisting of facts its comical. you guys will have to take the blinkers off at some point. just because she has 1 game of scum ever in her meta and played badly in it doesnt mean you should locktown and never reevaluate if she isnt obvious floundering scum. people improve a lot after being scum the first time.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 4080, Shoshin wrote:xwing in schadd's game, or Random in Labyrinth
I don't feel great about this phase; Xtoxm in particular I probably wanna talk through a bit more but if you're having strong intuition I'll follow it.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4104, Xtoxm wrote:#4080 is so full of misreps and twisting of facts its comical. you guys will have to take the blinkers off at some point. just because she has 1 game of scum ever in her meta and played badly in it doesnt mean you should locktown and never reevaluate if she isnt obvious floundering scum. people improve a lot after being scum the first time.
What facts did I get wrong? Why would I kill Creature/Irrelephant as scum? Why do you imagine that you are somehow more capable of reading my alignment than players who have actually played multiple games with me? In particular, why are you ignoring Irrelephant's read on me, when he's the player who most knows me on this site, has a perfect record of reading me, and would have rather been lynched than let me be lynched?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4107 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm between Xtom/Mitillos as preferred lynches, the worst. Help me understand what I'm missing about Xtom? How do you explain his scumread on me as coming from town? Or any of the points in my analysis?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4108 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

you didnt kill irre i'm sure of that. you're genuinely sad about it, he would have blindly followed you to the end of the game.
i could see you killing creature.
or not killing at all. varsoon said the zerg did nothing last night. so maybe you're zerg.

i DID reconsider. for a very long time. YOU didn't. i unvoted and moved you back to null and specifically said very little about you. until after you start pushing for my lynch again.
as someone who claims to have done all this meta on me.
i just dont believe as town you can do that, and come to the conclusion im scum here.
you make vague point at my # of wins as scum. but dont bring up any games where my play here matches my scum game.
im playing nothing like my scum game.
someone who has supposedly done a deep meta dive on me should be seeing that.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4109 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 4106, Shoshin wrote:has a perfect record of reading me
To be fair this is easy when you've just rolled town so much
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4110 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm dreading the day I get a scum PM.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4111 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4108, Xtoxm wrote:im playing nothing like my scum game.
What's the difference between your town/scum game?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4112 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

and my preconceptions about you are still playing a factor here too.
everyone respects your town game so much.
and i've been waiting for you to evolve your read on me but you haven't at all.
if you're actually town here then you're playing underwhelmingly compared to my expectations.
you're tunneling on town, have done an incorrect meta dive, and make a case on me as daft as #4080.
how long am i expected to keep giving you a pass for this because the others are townreading you?
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4113 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 4098, Nauci wrote:
In post 4085, AlmostNancy wrote:Makes you suspicious. But I still don’t understand why this necessarily pinged you?
Varsoon and I were using "ping" here to mean "returns a 'has a gun' result."

Therefore, pgo/vig would "ping" the gunsmith check.

There was some miscommunication due to our different definitions.
Oh, okay thanks for clarifying. :lol:
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4114 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 4111, Shoshin wrote:
In post 4108, Xtoxm wrote:im playing nothing like my scum game.
What's the difference between your town/scum game?
scumtoxm finds real time interaction extremely difficult and will tend to avoid it. space dandy 1 has a good example of this where i actually get called out for going quiet mid convo.
im not sure that angrytoxm has ever been scum. theres a possibility im wrong on that but i dont recall any. but you push it as a reason to scumread me in 4080.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4115 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by the worst »

Sorry Shoshin I need to do a couple of mod things & pack; I'll swing back asap.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4116 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4114, Xtoxm wrote:scumtoxm finds real time interaction extremely difficult and will tend to avoid it. space dandy 1 has a good example of this where i actually get called out for going quiet mid convo.
You did plenty of real time interaction in that game.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4117 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 4114, Xtoxm wrote:im not sure that angrytoxm has ever been scum. theres a possibility im wrong on that but i dont recall any. but you push it as a reason to scumread me in 4080.
I never said anything about "anger"? I was referring to unnatural emotions, not "anger" in specific.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4118 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

ive been talking very openly and replying to things swiftly in this game without much thought. i like to think about things as scum. i guess i just expect that to be coming through? it does seem to be for others who have started to put townreads on my slot.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4119 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 4080, Shoshin wrote:I'm voting Mew because I think Performer's more likely to flip town. I think scum Performer plays more cautiously than he's played in this game, and I think the players pushing Performer's lynch are themselves scummy (Xtom, Mitillos, Mew, Koki). I also think scum Performer doesn't scumread most of the players in the game, as he's been doing. If anything, scum Performer gives out a few strategic townreads in the hopes of pocketing a townie. I also think it's unlikely that scum Performer links me to three town games without linking to a scum game. The lack of self awareness there just doesn't feel like scum Performer.

If it were up to me, I'd lynch between Xtom/Mitillos today. I feel like whenever I suspect someone is scum that most players townread, I'm usually right. the worst, you can think back to xwing in schadd's game, or Random in Labyrinth, as examples. I'm getting the same feelings this game, that people are townreading a player who is scum. I'm fairly confident there's at least one scum between Xtom/Mitillos, based on how things went down on D1. I'm not sure who the scum is between them but I don't think either should be townread.

Reasons not to townread Xtom:

Spoiler:
1. Xtom's early scumread on me doesn't come from the perspective of someone actually trying to sort my alignment. Compare Xtom's read with Performer's, for example. Performer actually traces specific behaviors that lead to a scumread, whereas Xtom just says he doesn't like the early townreads. Yet he ignores everyone else who's been giving out early townreads, which suggests that he's not actually concerned about players giving out early townreads; there's an ulterior reason he's scumreading me. I think the most plausible explanation for Xtom's early play is that he scumread me as part of a scum agenda to pocket Varsoon (see, for example, his early post to Varsoon about "hoping they're on the same team this game") as well as to keep me available as a mislynch.

2. Xtom's emotions don't feel natural for a townie. For example, he expresses emotions of disgust towards the early parts of the game where lots of players were giving out townreads ("disgust" isn't a natural townie emotion to seeing lots of townreads). I can point to numerous places where Xtom's emotions feel too strong or unnatural for the events that are happening. The emotions also don't square with his sort of emotionless attitude towards actual scumhunting.

3. Xtom's reads are entirely survivalistic. If you townread him, he townreads you. If you scumread him, he scumreads you. This isn't how town Xtom thinks, because town Xtom assumes that most townies are wrong about their reads. His lack of paranoia about the players townreading him, as well as his consistent scumreads on the players scumreading him, comes from a scum agenda, not from a genuine attempt to sort alignments. What is his scum agenda? It depends on the alignments of Performer/Key/Mew/Mitillos. Whatever their alignments, there's a clear scum agenda to Xtom's reads. Most importantly, he's putting easily manipulated townies (e.g. Nancy, Varsoon) towards the top of his reads (especially Varsoon, who he's been actively pocketing from the start of the game). And he's setting certain players up as potential mislynches (me, Performer, Mitillos). He lists strong townies somewhere in the middle (e.g. the worst, Nauci), with occassional attempts to move them lower on his readslist (e.g. his attempt to scumread Nauci).

4. Xtom's still has me as his top scumread. I don't believe a townie ever scumreads me in this game to that extent, not after the way I've been playing, not after Irrelephant's defense of me or after Irrelephant's death, not after everyone who knows my town/scum meta strongly townreads me. It's fine to have some irrational paranoia about me, but listing me as a top scumread runs counter to everything that's actually happening in the game. It's very unlikely that town Xtom genuinely trying to sort me sticks with me as their top suspect while not actually pushing me. It reminds me of scum NSG in TAZ Mafia. She kept saying I was scummy without pushing me, biding her time until LYLO, when I got mislynched. I get the sense that Xtom's doing something similar, trying to keep me open as a mislynch while doing nothing to actually push me when my lynch isn't going to happen. If he actually thinks I'm most likely to flip scum, why isn't he pushing me more?

5. Xtom's won lots of games as scum. He's a lot more competent scum than most players in this game give him credit for. Clearing him for superficial reasons isn't helpful. His actions need to be looked at very carefully.

Reasons not to townread Mitillos:

Spoiler:
1. His apathy towards solving the game. He's barely posted on D2. When he posts, it doesn't seem like he's analyzing the game with anything close to the depth of thought he had on D1. He doesn't seem interested in refining his reads. Instead, he's locked his reads into place based on mechanical reasons (e.g. Performer hammering NM). I feel like town Mitillos would be analyzing roles/flavor more, weighing in on Varsoon/Nancy, Mew's claim/behavior, etc. In general, analytical players like Mitillos (or Skitter, Nauci, etc.) tend to drop off as scum in precisely the way Mitillos has dropped off in this game. Faking that analytical style of play is quite exhausting as scum, and that's the sense I'm getting from Mitiillos.

2. I think he's been pushing a scum agenda. Like Xtom, he's pushing Performer over Key/Mew. This depends on their alignments, of course, but I get the sense Performer's flipping town and that Mitillos is pushing mislynches. He pushed a mislynch on NM. If Performer flips town, that's two mislynches he's pushed. His votes on D1 always seemed to be in precisely the spots where I'd expect scum to vote (assuming my townreads on the worst, Nauci, Varsoon, Skitter, and Nancy are right). His early push on Irrelephant was terrible. His switch from Xtom to Performer the moment that Xtom was placed at L-1 was bad. His defense of Mew as town doesn't make sense to me.

3. The biggest problem I have with Mitillos is his response to my push on Nancy. In case it wasn't obvious yet, I was pushing Nancy in large part to test reactions. I wasn't actually thinking she was scum, but I thought the reasons I gave for scumreading her were correct. The problem with my push on Nancy is that I was ignoring all her town tells while pushing her on things that are actually scummy in a vacuum but not nearly enough to outweigh the massive town tells she's dropped nor were they scummy for her specifically. I didn't think scum would ever pick up on that. I was looking for two things -- players who agreed with me on the push on Nancy without much deeper thought, and players who strongly disagreed with me for the wrong reaosns. Mitillos fell into the latter group. He disagreed with the push, calling my reasoning "fallacious," when it really wasn't. He said he understood why town Nancy would townread NM, but I think the only reason Mitillos would feel that way about Nancy is if he KNEW Nancy was town. Worse, Mitillos felt the need to explain why he was calling my reasoning "fallacious," in a way that felt like he was trying to justify his behavior/perspective when nobody was even calling him scummy for it. That preemptive defense of his behavior is one of the scummiest things I've seen in the game. It's like he unconsciously was betraying an informed perspective and preemptively defended himself for it.
Okay, I’m hard townreading you for this post but I tr Xtoxm and I don’t understand why Mitillos calling your push on me, “fallacious” was scummy. I thought your reasons for pushing me, were really bad too. But I can’t see how the extensive thought process involved in this post, ever comes from scum. And knowing now, that your read on me wasn’t really off like I had thought, also solidifies this.

As for Xtoxm, he seems to be really genuine and since I’m mindmelding with him on Key, because his opinion on that seems more likely to come from town than scum.

However, Mewtaph lynch may also potentially help us sort Mitilos. Why? Because if Mewtaph’s role has anything connected with a ninja in it, that will obviously cast serious doubt on his no ninja claim and iirc, Mew’s flavour has some connection with invisibility.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4120 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

my initial vote on you was basically because you asked for a PL on varsoon, and i tacked on minor reason with it.
i thought i made it very clear at the time and #4080 makes it look like you're trying to imply that vote was something it wasnt.

is there anything else thats confusing you about my emotional state in any of my posts you'd like me to comment on?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4121 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 4117, Shoshin wrote:
In post 4114, Xtoxm wrote:im not sure that angrytoxm has ever been scum. theres a possibility im wrong on that but i dont recall any. but you push it as a reason to scumread me in 4080.
I never said anything about "anger"? I was referring to unnatural emotions, not "anger" in specific.
I've personally found his reactions realistic. I don't share some of them but I've grokked where he could be coming from. It's why I town read him.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4122 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 4081, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2559, Mitillos wrote:@Shoshin: I can answer why she townread N_M, and I already did (because she already explained it, herself). I cannot answer whether her reasoning fits her town meta. As for throwing shade at your slot, tempers are high, what with us lynching a doctor. I can accept such things as coming from town generally. If Nancy is not capable of these things as town, that's another story, but I don't have the meta for this suggestion.
When I made reference to empty "he's town" posts, I didn't mean just those words. I meant half-hearted non-effort at explaining or defending N_M.
I'm defending her because I think that your reasoning for scumreading her is fallacious. I don't like fallacious reasoning. I don't like fallacious reasoning even when it comes to a conclusion I agree with. In fact, as town I once defended another player against fallacious accusations, and made my own case against him in the same post (and caught a lot of flak for doing this).
This is the Mitillos post I was referring to. He doesn't know Nancy's town meta, so he shouldn't be calling my reasoning "fallacious" (it's based entirely on Nancy's meta). Mitillos knows Nancy's alignment.

Then, he defends what he's doing preemptively. That part is bolded. I don't get why Mitillos is preemptively defending himself as a towny. Town don't need to explain why everything they're doing is towny. Scum, on the other hand, are mentally thinking this stuff as they post (i.e. "is what I'm doing something I'd do as town?" is a common question that scum ask themselves). The fact that Mitillos would be posting an answer to that question without any attack on him suggests that he's mentally answering that question before he posts, which suggests he's scum.
Well I don’t know his meta, so you could be right? but the whole preemptive thing, is something I do all the time and get wrongly scumread for, so If he is scum here, I don’t see how the bolded confirms it? I’ll need to reread your arguments att for
reaction testing
pushing me. Can you link it? Just telling me numbers don’t help, I need actual links.

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4123 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Krazy »

Build
vote conspiracy