mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:58 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 2813, Nibbui wrote:No it's not obvious so feel free to case me
Well, it is obvious... think about both halves of the equation instead of it just being about you. I have stated strong opposition to lynching NK15 and I've also stated criticisms of you throughout the game. So whilst it isn't obvious that you are scum, it certainly is obvious that I'd not want NK15 in the lynch pool and would want you in it. And in that respect, Kokichi's question was completely stupid and, in my opinion, just something he said to give more of an impression that he is game solving.

And no, I'm not going to case you right now. You're not my strongest scum read, there are other things I want to deal with first, and I only tend to properly case people when I want the case to lead to a lynch. Since my read on you has wavered a bit throughout this game, I still consider you redeemable. But even before any of that, I want both minigames out the way first. Feel free to engage with me and/or make that case about whatever you see between me and Kokichi though.
I mostly just lurk now.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:22 am

Post by jjh927 »

Gonna apologise about the lack of votecounts since day starts

Had a very busy week

Might put one here later, might put it wherever the game happens to be. Depends on amount of posting
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Sorry really busy. Anyone have any questions about my poe? Quote this and ask
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:37 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 2820, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 2725, NicoRobin wrote:To uphold my PR.....

Meet Phosphophyllite

Can you either like, play properly or replace out please? Thanks.
Nah, not replacing out. Ace is mine.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: NicoRobin
Post or perish.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:33 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 2829, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: NicoRobin

Post or perish.
This is scum. If he were town, he would be smarter than to scumread me based on me not contributing alone. He also knows that my skills are best at lategame. There are multiple games which prove this. He is trying to get rid of me before I can actually contribute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Cool
Where’s the rest of your reads at? Let the thread hear your words.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:38 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 2831, Gamma Emerald wrote:Cool
Read the PT.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:40 am

Post by NicoRobin »

Besides, I just said that I am best during late-game, so quit badgering me to provide reads before then. It will happen when it happens. Rushing it would just result in me calling the players I like best town.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:44 am

Post by NicoRobin »

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=72865 (Lategame success)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74522 (Lategame success)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oh I did and I’m about to blow the fucking whistle so hard
<Embrace The Void>

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2832, NicoRobin wrote:
Read the PT.
What PT?
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:34 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 2836, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 2832, NicoRobin wrote:
Read the PT.
What PT?
Democracy PT.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2814, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 2611, northsidegal wrote:i actually really like this logic and can add onto it myself the knowledge that in NK15's scumgame (from what i've seen) he really can't replicate the kind of posts that he's made this game

like i think i pointed out to kokichi earlier, i don't think nk15 could make a massive case like the one he made on nibbui as scum
So why were you on his wagon?
I hadn't had any of the realizations that I've had now before – you can see my progression from the start of the day when i still was considering him as a serious scum suspect to and where i started to realize that he might be playing to his towngame to agreeing with you in the post you quoted.
In post 2819, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 2818, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 2701, Nibbui wrote:NSG, by the way, I may have amnesia but I don't remember you answering me about your read on Nico. Is it mod confirmed info? Or is it by play?
I think NSG is purposely dodging this question.
And I don't see why tbh. She literally can't be night killed so I don't understand why she would withhold any sort of information from us, especially mechanical stuff. That's what makes me so hesitant to town read her. The only reason she'd refuse to tell us where this read came from would be if she thinks she would be lynched for it. That's not necessarily scummy, sure. But since I don't see how anything NSG could tell us about how she reached this conclusion would be scummy it makes me question why she'd refuse to tell us in the first place and without an answer I just can't put my trust in her.
I think it's selling things a little short to say that the "only" reason that i could possibly not reveal something is because i would be worried about getting lynched. There are a few things I want to go through here: for one, in general i think i'm someone who's far more reluctant to claim things than the average person on MS. In my mind, it benefits only scum for me to reveal the nature of what i'm talking about. Plus, allowing ambiguity about the nature of what i'm talking about also allows for – I think – better scumhunting. I think everyone could agree that getting to see pushes from people on someone whom I know to be town offers me more information than the alternative, no?

This is actually
really
similar to what just happened in RC's large theme game that just finished, where even though i was conftown due to a parity cop, people still got antsy and even suspected me just because i didn't claim. Let's be clear – if you suspect me for not making things clear, in your mind I am scum who:
  • Has decided to make this whole deal for nicorobin for some reason
  • Cannot possibly come up with a believable fakeclaim (this isn't true)
  • For some reason cannot just say or will not just say "I have an incredibly reliable towntell on her"
Like, I don't know. I feel like I deserve a bit more credit in that imagining a scenario in which I'm scum doing this also carries with it the implicit assumption that i'm
really dumb
and can't do this. The simpler explanation is that i just actually have real reasons. Sure, I'm certain post-game or even later in the game people will say that i made a mistake in doing what i'm doing and that i was being dumb now, but that doesn't change the fact that i
do
have real reasons.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2821, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 2761, ChibiBear wrote:My gut scum read on Day 1 was Fire but I'm now starting to wonder if it's really mechanically likely that a scum player would be given a freaking triple vote, even if that triple vote is dependent on a town player's actions.
This logic is heavily flawed since the triple vote was entirely dependent on the actions of someone who was town and it's confirmed that this role did indeed exist without restriction but hey if your bad logic makes you town read FB then I'm not going to tell you to think otherwise. Keep doing as you do.
You strongly townread firebringer? Could you go into that a little bit?
In post 2822, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 2776, northsidegal wrote:i'm beginning to think perhaps i should rethink firebringer being town.
Is your reevaluation of FB simply because your lynch pool felt too small or what?
Something like that. It's also because I'd like to avoid getting blindsided by a read that i think could be for poor reasons – I scumread firebringer earlier in the game and the only reason I ever put him as town is because RC had him as town and i think that RC is generally pretty good at reading him, although for my own peace of mind i'd like to make sure for myself on that read.
In post 2827, Kokichi Oma wrote:Sorry really busy. Anyone have any questions about my poe? Quote this and ask
Could you talk a little bit about your reasoning on why those people are in your poe? Even if it's just one or two sentences for each person.

things fall apart
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2839, northsidegal wrote:I scumread firebringer earlier in the game
yeah and u never responded to my posts about i want u in my pocket.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2839, northsidegal wrote:Could you talk a little bit about your reasoning on why those people are in your poe? Even if it's just one or two sentences for each person.
Yeah. I will tomorrow.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: Kokichi

Back here. Not doubting Maria being scum, just think i'm more confident on Kokichi now.

things fall apart
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

where is elbirn?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

and where are the results of the minigame?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:23 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 2838, northsidegal wrote:I think it's selling things a little short to say that the "only" reason that i could possibly not reveal something is because i would be worried about getting lynched. There are a few things I want to go through here: for one, in general i think i'm someone who's far more reluctant to claim things than the average person on MS. In my mind, it benefits only scum for me to reveal the nature of what i'm talking about. Plus, allowing ambiguity about the nature of what i'm talking about also allows for – I think – better scumhunting. I think everyone could agree that getting to see pushes from people on someone whom I know to be town offers me more information than the alternative, no?

This is actually really similar to what just happened in RC's large theme game that just finished, where even though i was conftown due to a parity cop, people still got antsy and even suspected me just because i didn't claim. Let's be clear – if you suspect me for not making things clear, in your mind I am scum who:

Has decided to make this whole deal for nicorobin for some reason
Cannot possibly come up with a believable fakeclaim (this isn't true)
For some reason cannot just say or will not just say "I have an incredibly reliable towntell on her"

Like, I don't know. I feel like I deserve a bit more credit in that imagining a scenario in which I'm scum doing this also carries with it the implicit assumption that i'm really dumb and can't do this. The simpler explanation is that i just actually have real reasons. Sure, I'm certain post-game or even later in the game people will say that i made a mistake in doing what i'm doing and that i was being dumb now, but that doesn't change the fact that i do have real reasons.
Fair enough, but you still can't seriously expect anyone to trust you on a highly questionable read when you are openly withholding vital information from us. If you have something that proves Nico as town then you should out that. Sure, that may result in Nico being night killed. But first of all, given Nico's lack of content, I doubt any scum would night kill her. And secondly, if they did, then I'd much prefer Nico to be night killed than someone who is, to put it bluntly, actually useful.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:26 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 2839, northsidegal wrote:You strongly townread firebringer? Could you go into that a little bit?
For the most part, I've been town reading FB throughout this game. Some things shook me a bit, but I believe that by association with RC and from RC's own town read of FB that FB is almost definitely town. I doubt that my opinion on that is going to change now unless someone gives me a strong reason for why it should change.
I mostly just lurk now.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Elbirn »

I haven't felt like playing sorry
Maybe later tonight
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2835, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh I did and I’m about to blow the fucking whistle so hard
So I could post a massive case but the gist of it is Nico spent a shit ton of time back-and-forthing with me in the Democracy PT while saying she couldn’t contribute because of IRL. There’s also a side point that she got uppity about the hood being inactive after having told me she didn’t want to discuss the game with me because she didn’t trust the fact I put her into the hood.
<Embrace The Void>

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Sorry it's a day late

I'm gonna take this buffer post so I can access the pagetop
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”