Newbie 1908 [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Sorry, I meant to explain that.

WIFOM (Wine in Front of Me) - taken from the Princess Bride, is when you present an argument, and it’s completely circular in reasoning.

Like...as scum, do you think i’d put so and so to L-1 without explaining?

That’s WIFOM because the answer could be argued either way with no real way of proving either side to be true.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE COUNT 1.4
flavor leaf (3)
- nauci, komodo, munchmellow

salamander (2)
- vivit, xwing

munchmellow (2)
- jim hawkins, flavor leaf

rosterfoster (1)
- salamander

jim hawkins (1)
- rosterfoster

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-12-30 23:00:00)

mod notes:

- xwing is vla on weekends, and will be v/la until 12/27
- i'm suspending the prod timer from now till midnight tomorrow night (pst)
- :)
Last edited by skitter30 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:14 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Salamander, beyond ‘liking’ the discussion, what is your view on what’s been said? Any reads on possible scum/town?

Merry Christmas for tomorrow everyone!
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 114, Flavor Leaf wrote:I didn’t like Munch’s hop on me. And the fact he called me Flover.
Hehe, sry for that (name, not my vote). I guess you calling me he makes us even :lol:
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 119, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 117, Nauci wrote:
In post 114, Flavor Leaf wrote:He said I seemed townie, yet decided to put me to L-2. Interesting.

VOTE: Munch
Why munch when she said basically the same reasoning as Komodo?
Timing. Munch was the L-2 vote.

I like the reasoning coming from the second vote when applying it towards the beginning of the wagon, but in newbie games the 3rd vote is much scummier than the 2nd. You can physically feel it, like when we had 3 votes on roster.
Well, I never thought that bringing someone to L-2 makes you look scummy.
From my point of view - there is 8 other players, 6 town and 2scum.
I already said, that Roster, Xwing and Vivit read town to me. Was totally undecided on Nauci and Komodo, but they read town to a lot of other people and my vote would be their first, so I don't think that would give us any reaction.
So, there is 3left - Flavor, Jim and Salamander, let's say for the sake of argument, one town and two scum. Even befor, when Nauci suggested wagon on Salamander, I didn't feel comfortable jumping on that. I don't have a read on him and he was mostly quiet after his initial outburst. As said, I was thinking voting for Jim. But he was also not very active and with 2votes, I am not sure that would provoke him to say anything that would give him away as scum.
So, maybe I got impatient, but I still think that puting someone to L-2 will give us an interesting discussion and better readings. I mean, you are relatively safe, it's not like you are getting lynched tommorow. But I am looking forward to see what will happen next. Is someone gonna give you L-1 vote (probably not after that "Munch is scum because of her L-2 vote" rant). Or - are people gonna jump on my wagon, because you voted me (you are experienced player, people could follow your reasoning). Or something else completely... We'll see.
vivit
vivit
Townie
vivit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by vivit »

rosterfoster wrote:Merry Christmas for tomorrow everyone!
I FIND THIS POST TO BE SUSPICIOUS

/s
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I agree with what you said there. I let my RVS stay on roster earlier for the same reason.

UNVOTE: Munch
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 129, Munchmellow wrote:when Nauci suggested wagon on Salamander
I did what?
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 132, Nauci wrote:
I did what?
Sry, I checked and it wasn't you, it was xwing. I really had in mind it was you, because I remembered it was someone who started posting a day or two later but I was too lazy to check.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Nauci »

Munch is a town lean

The rest of you got work to do

But not on Christmas :)
vivit
vivit
Townie
vivit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:16 am

Post by vivit »

What makes you say Munch is a town lean? I'm not getting any scum reads on her, but I'm not getting any town reads either.
Komodo
Komodo
Townie
Komodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Komodo »

In post 135, vivit wrote:What makes you say Munch is a town lean? I'm not getting any scum reads on her, but I'm not getting any town reads either.
I second this question.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I thought Munch’s explanation for voting me was pretty townie. I don’t see scum going through that much and having that thought process to explain a vote on me that they don’t even expect to have much come onto it.
Komodo
Komodo
Townie
Komodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by Komodo »

In post 137, Flavor Leaf wrote:I thought Munch’s explanation for voting me was pretty townie. I don’t see scum going through that much and having that thought process to explain a vote on me that they don’t even expect to have much come onto it.
I'm asking not from an empirical standpoint but because the tone felt weird to me between posts and and I just want clarification.
Salamander
Salamander
Townie
Salamander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by Salamander »

In post 127, rosterfoster wrote:Salamander, beyond ‘liking’ the discussion, what is your view on what’s been said? Any reads on possible scum/town?

I think everything that has been said up to this point has been valid. If you're wanting my total honest opinion, I dont have any solid proof, but, believe Nauci to be town and i find i also find you less suspicious than i earlier thought you to be. I dont have any other leads or thoughts as of right now.
Salamander
Salamander
Townie
Salamander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Salamander »

I believe*
Salamander
Salamander
Townie
Salamander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by Salamander »

Jesus christ the amount of errors in my post lol
Salamander
Salamander
Townie
Salamander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by Salamander »

Also, Munchmellow do you mind explaining what L-2 means?
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

L-2 = takes two more votes to lynch.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 136, Komodo wrote:
In post 135, vivit wrote:What makes you say Munch is a town lean? I'm not getting any scum reads on her, but I'm not getting any town reads either.
I second this question.
That's for me to know and for y'all to learn ;)
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:11 am

Post by xwing »

In post 102, Nauci wrote:Spiderverse was 11/10

Go see it

That is all
it's showing on january in my part of the globe.. :(
went to see ralph breaks the internet..it wasnt bad!
In post 103, Jim Hawkins wrote:Been catching up on my phone throughout the past day or so. I sort of feel like I'm in a class discussion that I didn't do the reading for. Several people seem to already know each other and have pre-established relationships. I sort of feel like an outsider in this thread.
this isn't true jim, i dont know anyone in this game too..so dont feel like an outsider..and hope you're having fun.. :) but we've been "talking" with each other for a while now in this game, so you get a "feel" of what their personality is like and "feel" like you know them.. :D

that said, i still think you may be mafioso though..
so if you're not, you have to help us solve the game and/or show us your alignment by your actions..
who do you think is the most scummy, and why?
In post 121, Flavor Leaf wrote:To be fair, i do see some town coming from Munch. Like I get the vote as town, but I also get the vote as scum. I’m trying to get into that mindset more to figure out what it’s coming from.
i was having second thoughts about munch as well..but her explanation for her L-2 has won me over..i can follow her train of thought and her motivation seems townie to me, so im gonna townlean munch for now..we have *almost* the same scum pool as well..
In post 133, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 132, Nauci wrote:
I did what?
Sry, I checked and it wasn't you, it was xwing. I really had in mind it was you, because I remembered it was someone who started posting a day or two later but I was too lazy to check.
lol it was me indeed..and i still think salamander is the most scummy..we should pile on this wagon.. :)
In post 139, Salamander wrote:
In post 127, rosterfoster wrote:Salamander, beyond ‘liking’ the discussion, what is your view on what’s been said? Any reads on possible scum/town?

I think everything that has been said up to this point has been valid. If you're wanting my total honest opinion, I dont have any solid proof, but, believe Nauci to be town and i find i also find you less suspicious than i earlier thought you to be. I dont have any other leads or thoughts as of right now.
so salamander's answer here is a lot like jim--just choosing one/two people as town and calling everyone else null..no one scummy..i find this kind of read as more likely coming from scum than from town..very safe/neutral..we're 6 pages in so i find it very hard to believe that people dont have an opinion of majority of the players yet..

@salamander, why do you scum read roster for voting you early in the game, but not me who has been actively calling on people to wagon you? dont you think that im far more active in the push against you but you havent even commented on it?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:18 am

Post by xwing »

In post 129, Munchmellow wrote:[snip]So, there is 3left - Flavor, Jim and Salamander, let's say for the sake of argument, one town and two scum. Even befor, when Nauci suggested wagon on Salamander, I didn't feel comfortable jumping on that. I don't have a read on him and he was mostly quiet after his initial outburst.
so i tried nauci's suggestion of highlighting text then hitting the quote button..
MIND. BLOWN.
how come no one mentioned this before very helpful! thanks for the tip!

@munch, why are you not comfortable on a salamander wagon? is it due to their activity level, or is it the firmness of your read? how strong are your town reads?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:03 am

Post by rosterfoster »

I feel really good about that latest post from Xwing. I think I’ve got a pretty strong town read on you now.

I think it’s pretty clear now that Jim is lurking to some degree. Obviously this is a busy time, but he has been online and when he does post it’s pretty light in content. Skimming his posts from his previous game (where he was town), I get a completely different feel from the few posts he has made so far. Solidifies my scum read on him a little.

I agree with Munch town. Her latest post follows the pattern of openness and honesty that we have seen so far.

I’m unsure about the flavor wagon. I skimmed the ISO from his lasted Newbie game and it feels different to me (he was town there). I need to read the others to form a clearer opinion, but for now I’m fine with it.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:07 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Also just for clarity:

Town-reads: Komodo, Xwing, Munch (in that order)

Null: Nauci, Salamander, Vivit, Flavor, (from town-scum ish)

Scum-Reads: Jim

Roughly.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 146, xwing wrote:@munch, why are you not comfortable on a salamander wagon? is it due to their activity level, or is it the firmness of your read? how strong are your town reads?
At the time you suggested it, I wasn't getting that strong scum vibes from him. And I also felt a lot of people were willing to jump on that wagon and I felt it was too early in day 1 for that. I was affraid we would focus too much on Salamander and at the time I didn't see a point in that.
Now, that I read some other people as town, I think a wagon on Salamander is not such a bad idea. But I don't know if it's better than a wagon on Jim.

My read on roster and vivit ia not that strong, but for now, I would say they are town.

I am pretty sure you are town. If you would be scum, pushing a wagon on Salamander doesn't seem such a good idea. If he would be your fellow scum, it doesn't seem worth risking a lynch, even if you would seem townier because of that. If he would flip town, you would probably get a target on your back because of that. So my logic tells me, you have to be town.

Nauci also reads town to me. Not as strong as you, but stronger than Roster and vivit. I really like her posts, and she seems like a fun person. But I have to keep in mind, that it is in human nature, to read the same thing as scummy coming from annoying person and to ignore it from a likable person. Don't want to get stabbed in the back.

I don't know about Komodo. I lean toward town, but after rereading his posts, I don't think he really says that much, so he can be town for now, but I will stay alert.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”