Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

I actually have a wack scum theory on someone else but I'd need the thought of sheep being town linger in my mind for a long while for me to genuinely consider it to the point of pushing it. I could air it though?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 675, Mewtaph wrote:I actually have a wack scum theory on someone else but I'd need the thought of sheep being town linger in my mind for a long while for me to genuinely consider it to the point of pushing it. I could air it though?
Actually... I'll just shut up on this. I think if they are really scum then I'll keep seeing the same thing. Just gotta keep reminding myself it's a possibility.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 674, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 668, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: mew
I want to vote in Trekkie/Mew but I want pod to come back before we end the day so I’m voting the dark horse wagon
I'd say sheep is the actual dark horse wagon but overall this vote is really lazy. Limiting yourself is two options just says you want to be sheep general consensus because you gave up on giving the game state a harder look. Is this where you're at nowadays?
I try hard some games but I saw something I clicked with mentally and am going with it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:11 am

Post by podoboq »

Welp. I feel like I just replaced into this game. Wish me luck delving through about half of the game.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:17 am

Post by podoboq »

Loving this ofrhz guy
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:18 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 402, mbaki wrote:VOTE: Ofhrz

Is it odd the two subs are the two most suss slots right now?
STOP
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:19 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 404, Dannflor wrote:
In post 381, Trekkie99 wrote:I think he's town
In post 398, Trekkie99 wrote:Gamma Emerald is most likely to flip scum.
Like, I know I'm pressuring him to choose someone as scum, but these two sentences directly contradict each other. It implies he thinks everyone in this game is town. I still like Trekkie best as scum today.
I like this.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:25 am

Post by podoboq »

ofrhz looks great. I'm gonna put three of his consecutive posts behind a spoiler here, because it's just a lot of space to take up.

Spoiler: ofrhz
In post 422, ofrhz wrote:
In post 239, LolWagons wrote:I think Trekkie is probably town for going after someone most people thought was town but Podo hopping off his read of me quickly is a bit disconcerting.
Did you think trekkie's read on you was valid?

--
In post 258, mbaki wrote:
In post 214, podoboq wrote:I can't tell if mbaki's push on GE is scummy or not, but it's garbage either way. The fact that he came to the same conclusion, "I don't believe Gamma Emerald read the game and came to the conclusion his current nitpick is how he's going to find scum," but his next step was "therefore he's scum," doesn't make sense to me when that reads as extremely towny to me. Either mbaki is mistaking bad play for scummy play, or mbaki is just trying to justify his scumread without any real supporting evidence.
Except I'm
not voting Gamma Emerald
?
You don't have to vote someone to push or scumread them. I'm not sure what this was trying to prove

--

I think pod is town. I'd be fairly surprised if came from scum
In post 423, ofrhz wrote:
In post 352, LolWagons wrote:
I don’t really like how Mewtaph comes in and just asks Trekkie to explain after Dann is clearly already pressuring him.

Still have too many townreads but whatever. I’m fairly confident I was right the first time.

VOTE: Mewtaph

Still don’t know if Trekkie pushes me as scum but he isn’t responding well to Dans pressure.

Podo/Dann/Sheep still town. Be interesting to see if Bri’s replacement towns it up.
I like this post

--
In post 361, Mewtaph wrote:I don't really like doing lists in general, but here's where I'm at currently...

-- Town --
{Dannflor, LolWagons, mbaki}
{Gamma, Trekkie}
{podopoq, ofrhz, Sheepsaysmeep}
-- Mafia --
Why are lolwagons and mbaki town?

Why is pod scum?
In post 424, ofrhz wrote:
In post 397, mbaki wrote:
In post 391, ofrhz wrote:
In post 166, mbaki wrote:
In post 164, podoboq wrote:Would scum openly misrep something so easy to just go back and check? Like, there's no way scum Gamma is intentionally misrepping this, knowing it takes 10 seconds to find out that it's not accurate. Using this as justification that Gamme is scum rather than he just mixed things up seems like a leap.
So do you think Gamma Emerald is posting good, townie thoughts?
Hmm, I don’t think pod said gamma was posting good, townie thoughts anywhere?
I am not Dannflor and my gripe with Gamma Emerald is that his full iso is nothing, calling someone else out who's doing nothing, even though that someone did something, finding a weird way to push them on something outright false, said thing gets proven false, and Gamma doubles down and says that's even scummier!

This is not a townie thought process.
And now, one person has explicitly agreed with me and another has called Gamma Emerald's posting scumposting, but Gamma's vote remains despite it being disapproved by multiple people.
This is after Gamma chose only to comment on the not relevant thing in the first place. He still has not answered why he questioned myself over Xtoxm either even though
Xtoxm is the one who started the "scummy" tangent
The bolded is a fallacy and kind of appeals to the majority, e.g. “Other people think this as well, so why don’t you?”
your quoted example is a valid question. going against the status quo requires expansion.
I read the bolded as providing supporting evidence that Gamma's thought process was not townie

In these three posts, ofrhz is a) Asking people to explain their thoughts on players, b) Providing his own thoughts on players, and c) Disagreeing with other players.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:33 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 429, Dannflor wrote:Also, good to note that basically the only wagon/player that scum!Trekkie could have reasonably pushed or jumped on when he came in was Mewtaph. He chose to townread him. That + the weird pressure Mewtaph threw towards Trekkie a page or so back makes it worth looking there if Trekkie flips red.
This is an interesting thought. It's sandwiched in the middle of a lot other content, and Mewtaph is pretty firmly town right now. This is almost like an afterthought, so why I include it?

As a reminder for himself, and for other players. A reminder that doesn't matter if Trekkie flips green. If Dannflor was scum (and Trekkie was town), he'd have no reason to make this post. It's not shifting anyone's opinions on anybody, it's not convincing anyone of his scumread on Trekkie, it's just not doing anything, except acting as a reminder for the future, in the case that Trekkie flips red.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:35 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 431, Dannflor wrote:
In post 361, Mewtaph wrote:{Dannflor, LolWagons, mbaki}
{Gamma, Trekkie}
{podopoq, ofrhz, Sheepsaysmeep}
Ok last post but the subtle mixed/middling read on Trekkie is another point towards the Mew/Trekkie scum team theory if Trekkie flips red.
OK, well this muddies that a little bit. Didn't know there was going to be a sudden push on Mewtaph, and kind of thought this was just filler. Maybe I should have kept reading.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:40 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 437, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 423, ofrhz wrote:Why is pod scum?
(Is it obvious I really want him to answer my question?)
What question?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:50 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 438, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 402, mbaki wrote:VOTE: Ofhrz

Is it odd the two subs are the two most suss slots right now?
I am considering pushing a lynch there and maybe even think it is the highest % chance of hitting scum today (especially the replacement of your specific choice)... but I don't think that it's a particularly engaging path to follow for most people, and sadly that's possibly the biggest reason I have to hold my vote there. As such I find it unlikely that everyone would even follow suit to a wagon of this nature's completion. Especially for D1 (and almost every day before lylo tbh), towns tend to get bored and mess things up because a wagon is not "stimulating" enough for them and that is more important to them sometimes rather than actually completing their win condition to their best ability, which "unfortunately" includes consideration of "boring" wagons. Making a wagon of this reasoning I would say fails 99% of the time if made at the beginning of a several week deadline because people simply get too bored or get distracted by something stupid along the way.

For example, bristep was scumming up the thread 24/7, dodged the thread whenever she needed to, and had empty thoughts while she promised the anticipation of depth (specifically first page, "I could never put my thoughts out of the thread into words!"... and then proceeds to show almost no reference to having thoughts outside of thread in future posts, and making bad empty posts after it). ofrhz is a very good lynch for that reason (bristep said they had thoughts or depth but never actually brought it) but you can't really expect to get popular points for pushing somewhere like that. I have a lot of dedicated detractors already looking to spring at me for any vote hop for being potentially "opportunistic" or "clunky" or some other bullshit so I plan on dealing with them first before shifting my vote around, which at times is at an extremely speedy rate (scum love pointing at it as being "scum indicative").

Also, you said you mostly skim through my posts, so if you read through this one at least, congrats.
This reads like legitimately frustrated member of town, or possibly pegged scum, furious that town guessed their scum team perfectly early.

I think frustrated town is significantly more likely, just because I think finding the scum team is harder than that.

While I'm on this post, though. Hey Mewtaph, this post sucks. bristep's posts were garbage, yeah, but he also replaced out, probably because he was too lazy to play the game. ofrhz is playing the game. Using a lazy lurker who never played the game as justification to vote a slot that's actually playing the game and towning it up is horrible play. You didn't have anything to say about ofrhz himself, and only complained about the previous player's absence and AtE out your ass. Nice tantrum. Play better.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:52 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 439, Trekkie99 wrote:LolWagons has stated he thinks that if I flip scum then Mew must be scum as well. If lolwagons is scum, he knows I'll flip town thereby making his claim that Mew must be scum as well seem less likely.

If lolwagons is scum, then my next thought is that mew could be his scum mate, and lolwagons has been going after mew this whole game using weak suspicions to distance himself from his teammate without risking accidentally getting his scum mate lynched.

Along comes me saying mew is town and lolwagons is scum. Seeing later on there's a chance I could be lynched, lolwagons says this.
My thought is that if Trekkie is scum, then he went after me because I was on to someone. Obviously the most likely candidate would be Mew, but I don’t want to frame my whole reference around Mew-scum. I just don’t see scum-Trekkie taking on the task of pushing my slot unless there was something fairly large to be gained from it.
In lolwagons ideal situation, I get lynched, and then the next day lolwagons says something in the vain of
"whoops! guess mew must be town as well"
and gets away with it.

Hmmmmm...
It's very cute that this is posted after Dannflor independently came to the same conclusion.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:54 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 443, LolWagons wrote:Trekkie’s suggestions that Mew and I might be scum together while not voting either of us even though one has a wagon on them is also pretty telling.
nice
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:56 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 456, LolWagons wrote:
In post 455, Trekkie99 wrote:Well I won't say my claim isn't far fetched, but I like it so I'm sticking with it.

VOTE: lolwagons
So if I understand correctly, you think Mew and I are scum together. Mew has 1-2 votes (replacements are making it hard to count these votes) on him and you’re at L-1. Instead of going onto his wagon you go onto mine, which as far as I can tell, is empty. You don’t directly engage with Mew but you engage with me.

Am I on the right track here?
Jesus, go for the throat. I should have made popcorn for this.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:00 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 450, Mewtaph wrote:Pre-flip associations have just hit the thread by storm. Heavy weather ahead.
Neither of the stellar LolWagons posts I'm quoting are pre-flip association. He's calling out scumplay from Trekkie.

This right here is where I'd put a vote for Trekkie, but I'm gonna finish catching up first. Thanks for playing so damn well while I was gone, town. I'm blown away. You made this game easy for me. I should replace in more often.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:05 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 470, sheepsaysmeep wrote:honestly i want to say from the last page that trekkie is newtown lynchbait

with the emergence of a wagon on him he doesnt really seem to care how he's being read despite this or threatened at all by the pressure

like at all
In post 471, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 465, Trekkie99 wrote:
In post 464, mbaki wrote:Why should I not hammer you?
That's not a question that's a threat. :lol:
this is not how i expect a newer wolf to respond to the threat of being d1 lynch at all
I don't see a newbie town responding to mbaki's 464 that way either. So my only conclusion is he isn't that new.

But noted. This is an interesting thought. Sometimes it's hard to remember that players can just be bad. The problem is that Trekkie's posts don't look like sloppy, bad play that's truly coming from town. They look like transparent scum.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:07 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

lol mews case

theres like 1 thing in your tldr that i might consider ai

next
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

It's very cute that this is posted after Dannflor independently came to the same conclusion.
When was that?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:11 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 503, Mewtaph wrote:VOTE: sheepsaysmeep
Sheep me. :wink:
In post 518, Mewtaph wrote:VOTE: sheep
Haha, what a fucking ugly look.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:12 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 693, Trekkie99 wrote:
When was that?
Learn how to do quote tags, please.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:13 am

Post by LolWagons »

#LynchTrekkie
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 695, podoboq wrote:
In post 693, Trekkie99 wrote:
When was that?
Learn how to do quote tags, please.
Learn to answer my question.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:15 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 546, Dannflor wrote:mbaki is town. There are things this slot has done that scum never ever does. I can quote specific examples later.
Don't know if this has happened yet, but I'd like to see it at some point. mbaki is not a priority for me right now, but it's definitely a slot I've had a hard time with.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:15 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 696, LolWagons wrote:#LynchTrekkie
Is Trekkie at L-1?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”