micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:01 am

Post by mastina »

In post 874, skitter30 wrote:let's guess my alignment in each these games! ^^^^^
No need, because you're only proving my point?
My point was that it was an entrance that I'd normally think was more likely to be from scum, but
having familiarity with you
meant that I didn't think it was. The reading of "just below the null line" was more or less "I'd lynch there if desperate, but wouldn't be happy with it".
also where does your impression of my game stem from?
From endless numbers of games?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:06 am

Post by podoboq »

I’ve never seen a player so full of themselves, and so confbiased.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:08 am

Post by podoboq »

She’s even skipping over my protests.

Anything that doesn’t fit her narrative, she ignores.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:11 am

Post by mastina »

In post 884, skitter30 wrote:i don't know why you think this game is 'precisely what you'd expect of him as town'; it's kinda subjective and like i don't really know how to translate this into how *i* read people if that makes sense
Well I don't know how to help because I don't understand the confusion to be had. Nibbui is playing this game precisely how I'd expect Nibbui to play as town. I don't know how that'd be in any way subjective or ambiguous. It's exactly what it says.
In post 876, the worst wrote:I thought your readslist was used to reaction test NSG. :facepalm:
I do place people in spots higher than warranted on occasion, but that honor is usually reserved for players who're like soulreads and I can use it before said soulread has developed on them as a reaction test to gain the real read. Usually, you can trust: what you see is what you've got.

I loathe deception in reads. Sure, misdirection in roleclaims is all fine and good, but lying about a read is a bordeline cardinal sin of townplay. So when you see a scumread, it is a real scumread; when you see a townread, it is a real townread.
In post 880, podoboq wrote:
In post 878, the worst wrote:find a scumgame of mastina's (e.g. mini theme encore mafia now without cults by KittyMo) and read the opening few scum pt posts by mastina, she Knows All
If mastina actually knows all, then she's misrepping me. I think it's more reasonable to say that mastina thinks she knows all.
Why, after having noted that I could be misrepping you, do you instead conclude that I am town that is wrong?

Basically, what I'm saying here is: in spite of me having multiple times displayed content which podoboq has noted a distaste for, he has gone for a stance on me implying I'm town. It's cognitive dissonance.
In post 885, podoboq wrote:As a person who hasn't played on site in a long time, and doesn't usually play more than one game at a time, all this talk of meta is going from mildly annoying to seriously frustrating.
This is also doing nothing openly. Active lurking. There's a lack of contribution here altogether.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:17 am

Post by mastina »

In post 902, podoboq wrote:What the fuck are you guys reading? This isn't David Sedaris we're talking about. This is just an atrocious scumhunter.
Again.
Why an atrocious scumhunter and not possible scum?

podoboq is, consistently, treating me as town, for no reason whatsoever.

To a lesser extent, the worst shows similar:
In post 901, the worst wrote:
In post 899, Pink Ball wrote:@podoboq I don't know 'cause I haven't played with here, but I love her playstyle. Only by reading her catch up I feel more wise as a person. Just think about it: if she's town, the way she reads the thread is outstanding; if she's scum, even better.
correct
(but she's also sometimes horrifically wrong and tunnels hard)
...But it's not nearly as strong as podoboq is doing.

Nancy hits the point on the head:
In post 914, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Are you finding fault with her play in general or just this game? This criticism seems kind of over the top?
In post 915, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Are you reading her as bad town here?
At last check, the worst wasn't and podoboq wasn't. Neither were townreading me and yet both have this critical stance of me.

Even when podoboq acknowledges that I could be scum...
In post 920, podoboq wrote:If mastina is infallible at this game, then she's just scum, and I should just vote her. If she's prone to being exceptionally wrong, then she's probably just exceptionally wrong.
Why are these the only two extremes? Why is it "infallible = scum" or "not infallible = just wrong"? Again, I'm not a townread, so why is me being wrong something that if I'm not infallible makes me town?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 953, mastina wrote:
In post 880, podoboq wrote:
In post 878, the worst wrote:find a scumgame of mastina's (e.g. mini theme encore mafia now without cults by KittyMo) and read the opening few scum pt posts by mastina, she Knows All
If mastina actually knows all, then she's misrepping me. I think it's more reasonable to say that mastina thinks she knows all.
Why, after having noted that I could be misrepping you, do you instead conclude that I am town that is wrong?

Basically, what I'm saying here is: in spite of me having multiple times displayed content which podoboq has noted a distaste for, he has gone for a stance on me implying I'm town. It's cognitive dissonance.
In post 885, podoboq wrote:As a person who hasn't played on site in a long time, and doesn't usually play more than one game at a time, all this talk of meta is going from mildly annoying to seriously frustrating.
This is also doing nothing openly. Active lurking. There's a lack of contribution here altogether.
A) I’m writing you off as a horrible player instead of scum. Horrible players can make posts that I have a distaste for. It doesn’t make them scum. It just makes the game unfun.
B) This game isn’t fun. It’s kind of that simple. I’m not contributing much because frankly I don’t know how to play mafia with this group of players. I tried to engage with Nibbui, but it was all a bullshit reaction test. I have no motivation to play right now, so I’m kinda just here. I’d vote you, because I feel like you’re absence might actually give this game the potential to be fun, but there’s an annoying rule about not playing against your win condition. I think you’re town, so no matter how much I want you to be lynched, I’m stuck just putting up with you.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Nibbui »

I might or might not have found scum.

spicy.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Nibbui »

mastina if you do consider for a moment that podoboq is town, who is scum with TW?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:28 am

Post by mastina »

In post 945, Nibbui wrote:Podoboq is considerably town
Why?

Everything podoboq has done has been scum.

There's not a hint of town to be had. The only things not indicative of scum are null stuff not indicating
any
alignment.
In post 947, Nibbui wrote:why Podoboq is scummy and don't say because of his RVS post
I've been telling you why the whole time.
In post 887, mastina wrote:
In post 398, podoboq wrote:Holy shit, guys. I guess I'm starting my read now. I'll post thoughts as I go. Gonna have to take a break for lunch in a bit.
This was a terrible entrance.
In post 888, mastina wrote:
In post 405, podoboq wrote:
In post 114, mastina wrote:Since you've been so cooperative, I think I'll give you my readslist!

northsidegal
Pink Ball
Nibbui
InfiniteSoda
sheepsaysmeep
skitter30
podoboq
the worst
Is this a joke? Soda and I had said literally nothing of value.
VOTE: podoboq.
I know this is not the first time you've seen this style of readslist, where off of seemingly nothing, there is a readslist.
You have played in games featuring that before, rather prominently in fact, and pretending you're not familiar with it won't work because I can hunt them down rather easily. I KNOW you know better than to think this.

Paired with the rather terrible catch-up overall.
In post 889, mastina wrote:
In post 423, podoboq wrote:{sheep}
{skitter30, Nibbui}
{the worst}
{Pink Ball}
{mastina} NULL
{InfiniteSoda, northsidegal}
Funny.

This list looks strangely familiar......
In post 149, the worst wrote:{tw}
{sheepy}
{Nibbui}
{}
{skitter}
{podoboq, Punk Bill, mastina} = null
{InfiniteSoda, nsg}
{}so forth
:shifty:
In post 938, mastina wrote:
In post 551, podoboq wrote:
In post 546, Nibbui wrote:VOTE: sheepsaysmeep
In post 547, Nibbui wrote:I'm 100% sure this is scum right now.
In post 548, Nibbui wrote:We're lynching between me and sheep by the way because I've a lot of confidence in this read.
Oo, cool, finally something for me to disagree with. What in the world are you scumreading about sheep?
I feel like having a negative read on sheep is easy if you're not informed of his alignment like it seems a certain couple of individuals are with their placements. :shifty:
In post 552, Nibbui wrote:maybe you and sheep are partners tbh
or maybe sheep with the duck.
Both of these are half-right, but you've got the wrong half to focus on. Like.
In post 561, Nibbui wrote:so the order is basically "sheep > podoboq > duck".
This is what earned you the N1 nightkill last game.
In post 942, mastina wrote:
In post 682, Nibbui wrote:sheep who is scum along with NSG and don't say infinitesoda
That's another thing. I think I am literally the
only
player. In the entire fucking game. Who has a clear scumteam theory.

My scumteam is two individual scumreads...but
also
involves their interactions with each other.
the worst isn't just scum because he's scum; he's scum because of his whole way of treating the podoboq slot.
podoboq isn't just scum because he's scum; he's scum because of his whole way of treating the worst.

Nibbui's come the closest to this, by calling out sheep-the worst, or sheep-podoboq, but the sheep scumread was apparently a reaction. I still maintain that had Nibbui focused on the other half, the correct conclusion would have presented itself.
podoboq's entrance into the game proper was absolutely terrible. Everything about it was bad. The fact that podoboq called my naked readslist bad when I know for a fact podoboq has seen those naked readslists in effect before was what sealed the deal.

His reads closely mirror those of the worst, in a way that no other players' reads have, and then when you did the sheep scumread, the reactions of podoboq and the worst were atrocious to it. They went out of their way to defend sheep, something I feel is a strong display of too much knowledge. You are quite apt in saying that this is not outside of sheep's scum range--so why, then, is a player who is not outside of their scum range warranting so strong a defense from these two particular players? It reeks of white knighting.

The whole interaction between podoboq and the worst--which happened a grand total of once in the game--felt like it was orchestrated scum theater, where neither party was really putting much thought into their process of sorting the other.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:36 am

Post by mastina »

In post 957, Nibbui wrote:mastina if you do consider for a moment that podoboq is town, who is scum with TW?
You're asking me to generate a nonexistent scenario. I don't have a third scum, nor should I have a need for one.

You
can
have up to 50% above the number of scum in scumreads (so, 3 in a game with 2 scum; ~4-5 in a game with 3 scum), but while that's
acceptable
, it's not
preferable
. It's casting too wide a net, allowing things to get by that otherwise shouldn't and wouldn't get let past.

I don't have a scumbuddy for the worst other than podoboq, because podoboq is the scumbuddy of the worst.

I can point you to the theoretical. If we knew for a fact that podoboq were town and the worst were scum, then I'd look closest at sheep and skitter's interactions with the worst, and vice-versa, both because of them being on the lower end of my reads and because they have interactions that don't suggest "can't be partners". (Basically, their interactions don't tell me that they're scumbuddies, but they
also
don't tell me that they aren't scumbuddies.)

I wouldn't be able to tell you which of the two it'd be, though.

Because.
This is a theoretical scenario.
Not the real life deal.

And dealing in real life.

podoboq is the player who has interactions clearly painting him as scum with the worst.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:38 am

Post by the worst »

Mastina I think you know false associatives happen and slots look like w/w as t/t more often than they should. Are you actually scumreading me or are you calling the scumteam based off one conversation which you misconstrued?

Hypothetically of course :shifty: I'd also like to know what I've done that's scum motivated, how I've fooled so many people, and why NSG who is fairly good at reading me is allegedly town in your books, townread me at opening and then saw no reason to reconsider that before replacing out?

You're looking at fairly selective nuances of the thread.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:46 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 888, mastina wrote:
In post 405, podoboq wrote:
In post 114, mastina wrote:Since you've been so cooperative, I think I'll give you my readslist!

northsidegal
Pink Ball
Nibbui
InfiniteSoda
sheepsaysmeep
skitter30
podoboq
the worst
Is this a joke? Soda and I had said literally nothing of value.
VOTE: podoboq.
I know this is not the first time you've seen this style of readslist, where off of seemingly nothing, there is a readslist.
You have played in games featuring that before, rather prominently in fact, and pretending you're not familiar with it won't work because I can hunt them down rather easily. I KNOW you know better than to think this.

Paired with the rather terrible catch-up overall.

I'm actually feeling much, much stronger on podoboq being scum than I am on the worst--which really says something.
I thought I addressed this. I probably typed out my response and then deleted it because I was too angry to feel comfortable posting it.

Let's try this again. It's extremely obvious that my problem with the readslist you originally posted isn't that it's "naked." Yeah I've seen those lists before. I understand that people post them, and I understand why people post them.

It's extremely obvious that my problem with the readslist you originally posted is that you have me and InfiniteSoda, both of which contributed absolutely nothing to the game, very separate from eachother.

I know now that the reason you separated us is because you apparently legitimately think you got a read off of me not being "lighthearted enough" when I explained that I was going to be gone for the holidays.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:49 am

Post by podoboq »

mastina, I hope you learn something from this game, and I hope you decide to take a sabbatical and rethink some things. The way you think about people is clearly toxic. In this game, that presents itself as bad play, but it doesn't bode well for you outside of this stupid game that we're playing either. The way you are treating people is not healthy, for you or them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 960, the worst wrote:Are you actually scumreading me or are you calling the scumteam based off one conversation which you misconstrued?
If I wasn't exhausted right now I'd go construct a mirror to the podoboq thing I just did, for you.

Suffice to say?

Yes.
NSG who is fairly good at reading me is allegedly town in your books, townread me at opening and then saw no reason to reconsider that before replacing out?
Considering you yourself acknowledged that her ability to do so has diminished, this is rather hypocritical of you.

Suffice to say, even had you insisted the whole game that her ability to read you held true? Frankly. I wouldn't buy it; I'd put zero stock in it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:52 am

Post by mastina »

In post 961, podoboq wrote:It's extremely obvious that my problem with the readslist you originally posted is that you have me and InfiniteSoda, both of which contributed absolutely nothing to the game, very separate from eachother.
And that is what I was referring to when I said you have seen this trait before.

I, 100%.

Know for a fact.

That you have seen the trait of two players contributing absolutely nothing in the game, being separated from each other in readslists before.

And yet your attitude implied you haven't, even though I know you have.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:56 am

Post by the worst »

In post 963, mastina wrote:
In post 960, the worst wrote:Are you actually scumreading me or are you calling the scumteam based off one conversation which you misconstrued?
If I wasn't exhausted right now I'd go construct a mirror to the podoboq thing I just did, for you.

Suffice to say?

Yes.
NSG who is fairly good at reading me is allegedly town in your books, townread me at opening and then saw no reason to reconsider that before replacing out?
Considering you yourself acknowledged that her ability to do so has diminished, this is rather hypocritical of you.

Suffice to say, even had you insisted the whole game that her ability to read you held true? Frankly. I wouldn't buy it; I'd put zero stock in it.
It's diminishing yes but still fairly strong. It's kinda like her scumread on Nibbui which she didn't bother to follow through on or give any reasons for while the entire player base started to townread her; I'd be surprised if such a lack-of-conviction read actually came from her as town. The hard townread on me also surprised me for the reason you're pointing out.

Why would you put zero stock in it? I'll happily link you to the times she's blasted me as scum and correctly read me as town, along with the two times she's incorrectly read me.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:56 am

Post by the worst »

two including a marathon! :P
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Nibbui »

all I've to say is podoboq don't replace out, endure it

I'll soon come here with my game solve and then we can engage
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 967, Nibbui wrote:all I've to say is podoboq don't replace out, endure it
I think replacing out is unfair to the players and moderator. I'm not going to replace out, no matter how much this game sucks.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 964, mastina wrote:
In post 961, podoboq wrote:It's extremely obvious that my problem with the readslist you originally posted is that you have me and InfiniteSoda, both of which contributed absolutely nothing to the game, very separate from eachother.
And that is what I was referring to when I said you have seen this trait before.

I, 100%.

Know for a fact.

That you have seen the trait of two players contributing absolutely nothing in the game, being separated from each other in readslists before.

And yet your attitude implied you haven't, even though I know you have.
I straight up don't know what you're talking about. Most people don't have photographic memories of their games. If this has happened before in one of my games, I don't remember it, and just because you consider it significant in one game doesn't mean it should have been significant to me.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Nibbui »

I see

I want to shitpost so I'm posting this post, let me ramble:

I've been looking around and I noticed that most of the micro games doesn't have more than 30 or 35 pages, in other words this game in day 1 is already larger than the majority of the other micro games.

Not only that, since in 1/3 of day 1 we've almost 40 pages, I'm expecting this to be one of the largest recent micro games (note: recent).

I wonder if that's positive...

probably?

maybe.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 970, Nibbui wrote:I wonder if that's positive...
No. It's god awful.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by the worst »

we're dealing with scum!mastina so that'll help pad things out!
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Nibbui »

what if we actually get scum right on d1 and just quick lynch the other one on d2 though?

wouldn't that be like...just sad?

I'm expecting this to reach 100 pages at least
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 114, mastina wrote:northsidegal
Pink Ball