Newbie 1908 [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE COUNT 1.11
nikk(3)
- xwing, vivit, munchmellow

vivit (2)
- pvturist, rosterfoster

flavor leaf (1)
- komodo

rosterfoster (1)
- flavor leaf

not voting (2)
- nauci, nikk

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-01-01 21:24:00)

mod notes:

- xwing is vla on weekends
- nikk is the new salamander
- please note the new deadline
- :)
Last edited by skitter30 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Nauci »

Welcome, nikk!

Not sure how the extension will affect everyone's reads and if people still want you to claim

I appreciate the catch up; I'm going to go back and ISO munchmellow

When you say you disagreed with my assessment, do you mean you scum read PvtUrist? Who else?
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 323, Nikk wrote:
In post 277, Munchmellow wrote:I don't like that he hasn't posted anything, after we basically got to intent to hammer phase (with him on the chopping block of course).
I don't like, how he didn't specify his readings on anyone (just said Nauci feels town and that he didn't like Jim lurking). I don't know, it could be newbie scum, too afraid to say anything meaningful, or it could just be, that he didn't post much in general. But he should definitely react on his L-1.

VOTE: Salamander
I really wouldn't want to lynch someone based on his inactivity, but it's really hard to read someone as town or scum, based on so few posts, so even if he is town, he is confusing us more than anything else... I think with so little time left we should go to intent to hammer and let him claim if there is anything to claim.
So I can assume now that I am here you will remove your vote, yes?
My vote wasn't based solely on Salamander's inactivity. He did act a bit scummy, but if he would post after there was a wagon on him, he probably could explain his thought process and we could decide better on his alignment. Well, now we can assume he wasn't just laying low.
So, I will remove my vote, when I hear more from you - your readings and explanation of them.
I don't want to end a day with no lynch. For now, you and Vivit are still my prime suspects, I would also vote for PvtUrist if my vote would be needed to end a day with a lynch (since he was on the end of my "would rather not lynch" list).
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Post by Nauci »

We've got the extra time munchmellow; why not re-evaluate the game state based on Nikk's posts?

Being resigned to that lynch order is not productive

In fact, the number of people who were willing to lynch Salamander because of meh reasons makes me rethink the slot
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by Nauci »

I believe xwing's push on salamander and I thought salamander's push on Jim was scummy but since before pvturist replaced in, a lot of the rest of the game became complacent about today. I expected this to change with the news of the extension, and am surprised it has not.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:33 pm

Post by Nauci »

My town reads are xwing, roster, and komodo at this time; the rest I need to re-evaluate
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:55 am

Post by Nikk »

In post 326, Nauci wrote:Welcome, nikk!

Not sure how the extension will affect everyone's reads and if people still want you to claim

I appreciate the catch up; I'm going to go back and ISO munchmellow

When you say you disagreed with my assessment, do you mean you scum read PvtUrist? Who else?
I had thought you flipped that to slight town am I wrong?
I believe Pvt came out of the gate hot but could have just been excited to play. Neutral.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:59 am

Post by Nikk »

In post 327, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 323, Nikk wrote:
In post 277, Munchmellow wrote:I don't like that he hasn't posted anything, after we basically got to intent to hammer phase (with him on the chopping block of course).
I don't like, how he didn't specify his readings on anyone (just said Nauci feels town and that he didn't like Jim lurking). I don't know, it could be newbie scum, too afraid to say anything meaningful, or it could just be, that he didn't post much in general. But he should definitely react on his L-1.

I really wouldn't want to lynch someone based on his inactivity, but it's really hard to read someone as town or scum, based on so few posts, so even if he is town, he is confusing us more than anything else... I think with so little time left we should go to intent to hammer and let him claim if there is anything to claim.
My vote wasn't based solely on Salamander's inactivity. He did act a bit scummy, but if he would post after there was a wagon on him, he probably could explain his thought process and we could decide better on his alignment. Well, now we can assume he wasn't just laying low.
So, I will remove my vote, when I hear more from you - your readings and explanation of them.
I don't want to end a day with no lynch. For now, you and Vivit are still my prime suspects, I would also vote for PvtUrist if my vote would be needed to end a day with a lynch (since he was on the end of my "would rather not lynch" list).
Please define a bit scummy with exact posts and stop lazily hitching to a wagon please and thank you. We have a day and a half and posts like this are not really helping too much. Come at me with a real read, none of this weak stuff that only really worked because a new player flailed at the slightest pressure.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:05 am

Post by Nikk »

Readings:

Nauci Flavor Leaf and Roster - slight TL
A whole lot of neutrals due to no real play being done yet
Munch - scumread for posts quoted above.

Vivit is a neutral bit a lot of people seem to want to push him. I couldn't piece together the reasoning on a quick read, and have to work today. If it's still an issue I will deep dive later.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:22 am

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 308, xwing wrote: im okay to lynch the ff, in order: {salamander, pvt/vivit [cant decide which one first], flavor}
I get the first parts of that;
-saladandur lurk-lynch close to deadline, no issues here (well, nikk ain't lurk and feels town right now so that's changed).
-Either myself or vivit is scum (I do agree with that statement).
-Why FL? Because unreadable IC or something he posted geniunely felt off?

My overall feeling on you is town xwing, but I'm asking you these because;
In post 325, skitter30 wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.11
nikk(3)
-
xwing, vivit, munchmellow

vivit (2)
- pvturist, rosterfoster

flavor leaf (1)
- komodo

rosterfoster (1)
- flavor leaf

not voting (2)
- nauci, nikk

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-01-01 21:24:00)

mod notes:

- xwing is vla on weekends
- nikk is the new salamander
- please note the new deadline
- :)
I feel either one or both of scum is/are on saladur/nikk's wagon right now.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:25 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Welcome Nikk!
In post 316, Flavor Leaf wrote:I didn’t like his response and his misrepping of me when I pushed the NAI sheeping onto Nauci because of the pull that Nauci has this game, yet was pushing it like I was giving Nauci a pass.

He could have misunderstood, but he could have done that as scum, and the way he hopped onto that discussion was off to me.
I still don't understand where this has come from. I wasn't trying to push any agenda - I was confused because your reasoning made little sense to me when combined with your reads. I understand it a bit better now, but I don't see how I was misrepping you when I was asking a question.
In post 333, Nikk wrote:Vivit is a neutral bit a lot of people seem to want to push him. I couldn't piece together the reasoning on a quick read, and have to work today. If it's still an issue I will deep dive later.
For me it started when he jumped onto the Jim wagon, and I find how he defended himself in the whole not pushing on pvt thing scummy (like quoting posts which happened after he posted to justify his position at the time?).

I have always instinctively thought that Munch was townie, but this change from a few people means I should look again I think.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:14 am

Post by Munchmellow »

Nikk wrote:
In post 327, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 323, Nikk wrote:

Please define a bit scummy with exact posts and stop lazily hitching to a wagon please and thank you. We have a day and a half and posts like this are not really helping too much. Come at me with a real read, none of this weak stuff that only really worked because a new player flailed at the slightest pressure.
Lazily hitching? Really?! I was very open about my thinking and I explained every vote or scum/town reading I made. So I didn't see a point in repeating myself or quoting my own posts. So: first I had a null reading on Sal and even deffended him (posts and . Then others made some good points and I acknowledged that in , where I was thinking the same thing as roster:
In post 171, rosterfoster wrote:I don't feel as bad about your post, Salamander. But I do wonder why you have nothing to say about other discussions, such as about Munch, or the wagon that we had on Flavor. (While I'm flattered ) All your posts except for the latest one (and arguably not even that, since you read my reasoning), have been about/interactions with me, or asking terminology questions. I appreciate that I pushed you a little bit earlier, but there has been enough going on which you could comment on. So that's why I feel a little uncomfortable about you.
Basically, that Sal posts quite regularly, so we couldn't say he is lurking, but his posts don't have much content.
What cought my suspicion was actually wagon on Jim forming, that's where I thought he was suspicious (said so in my ). Later I summarised my reasons for voting him in . It was more about Sal not having opinion about almost anyone during first few pages but than just quickly saying Jim is lurking and putting him to L-1.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:19 am

Post by PvtUrist »

Read updates;

{Urist} conf town
{Nauci, roster, xwing, Komodo} strong/lean town
{Nikk, FL} lean town/null
{vivit, Munch} lean scum

Feel free to ask why
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 am

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 336, Munchmellow wrote:Lazily hitching? Really?! I was very open about my thinking and I explained every vote or scum/town reading I made.
I'm struggling to think of a universe where town!Munch makes this comment
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:32 am

Post by PvtUrist »

It translates to; "You dare to scum-read me even though I played as town to a perfection? Outrageous!"
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:35 am

Post by PvtUrist »

So Munch, how are your reads? Who do you feel are scum?
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:22 am

Post by Munchmellow »

PvtUrist wrote:
In post 336, Munchmellow wrote:Lazily hitching? Really?! I was very open about my thinking and I explained every vote or scum/town reading I made.
Why wouldn't I make this comment. To me it reads that I am not putting any thought in it and am just sheeping others and I am offended by that because it isn't true.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:56 am

Post by PvtUrist »

Still waiting on that read of yours.

(btw RIP aggressive 1v1 sorting, I have disappointed Nauci)
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Nikk »

VOTE: Munch

Scumlike behavior as noted above.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Munchmellow »

PvtUrist wrote:So Munch, how are your reads? Who do you feel are scum?
I am not removing my vote from Nikk. When he quoted me:
Nikk wrote:
In post 107, Munchmellow wrote:

@Komodo, just curious, why did you follow Nauci here?

Roster reads town to me, so does xwing.
After last few posts I'm also gonna go town for vivit.
Not so sure about Nauci - could be either.
Null read for Komodo.
Based on his few posts, it would be fair not to decide about Jim. But he reads more scum than town to me.
Flover Leaf is really hard to read for me. He seems townie but could easily be scum, specially with his experience.
So, VOTE: Flavor Leaf and see where that brings us.
Gee golly why did you vote for x

I think I too shall vote for x

What?!
I explained my thought process behind that vote in my . But Nikk chose to ignore that and just point out that post, making it look like I just voted x for no apparent reason.
The second thing is - he could just said I read scum but he also added some words with negative conotation, that combined with his previous post subliminally reads to others that I am a bad guy here.

I have mixed feelings about vivit. He reads more scum than town to me, but than again, if Nikk is scum, I don't think they are scum buddies.

I am also not sure about you, based on your initial posts. I agreed with Nauci and what she summaraised in . I know she later said you are town because of your 1on1 interaction, but I am not sure I trust that judgement.

There is also Flavor. I would expect him to be more oppinionated from the beggining. I just didn't get a feeling, that he is stiring conversation in a pro town direction (which I would expect from someone more expirienced).

So Nikk and vivit - I think one of them is scum.
Flavor and pvtUrist - weak scumreads.
Komodo, Roster - null/town
Nauci, Xwing - town
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:27 am

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 344, Munchmellow wrote: The second thing is - he could just said I read scum but he also added some words with negative conotation, that combined with his previous post subliminally reads to others that I am a bad guy here.
Then prehaps he is correct.
In post 344, Munchmellow wrote: I have mixed feelings about vivit. He reads more scum than town to me, but than again, if Nikk is scum, I don't think they are scum buddies.
ofcourse. Why do you think vivit!Nikk can't be the scum?
In post 344, Munchmellow wrote:I am also not sure about you, based on your initial posts. I agreed with Nauci and what she summaraised in . I know she later said you are town because of your 1on1 interaction, but I am not sure I trust that judgement.
ofcourse not. Where do you "weak scumread" me? (Beyond Tim's lurk and my initial aggression)
In post 344, Munchmellow wrote:There is also Flavor. I would expect him to be more oppinionated from the beggining. I just didn't get a feeling, that he is stiring conversation in a pro town direction (which I would expect from someone more expirienced).

So Nikk and vivit - I think one of them is scum.
Flavor and pvtUrist - weak scumreads.
Komodo, Roster - null/town
Nauci, Xwing - town
So if 1/2 of Nikk!vivit is scum, and {Komodo, Roster, Nauci and Xwing} are town, out of FL and Yours Truly, which of us do you suspect more, and why?
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Nikk »

So you put someone at L-2 despite not understanding the reasoning for the push?
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Nikk »

Let me make this a touch easier.

When you voted there were three at 2 votes. You could have picked any three if your goal was simply to push to L-2. Why did you choose Leaf?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:17 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Nikk, why do you have a town read on flavour?
PvtUrist wrote:
I don't disagree with this. If we look at the reasons people gave for town-reading munch earlier:

In post 147, rosterfoster wrote:I agree with Munch town. Her latest post follows the pattern of openness and honesty that we have seen so far.
In post 137, Flavor Leaf wrote:I thought Munch’s explanation for voting me was pretty townie. I don’t see scum going through that much and having that thought process to explain a vote on me that they don’t even expect to have much come onto it.
In post 309, Komodo wrote:Munchmellow: I get a strong town read here. First off, everything you've said flows together in a stream of thought and comes with mostly solid reasons.

They all essentially follow the same theme (Nauci also townread her, but didn't say why). The thing is, I could see this both ways. Scum munch lets this get to her head and goes all-in on the 'I'm giving all my reads and reasons perfectly, go me!' thing that Urist was saying, but also town Munch thinks 'Good, I've managed to eliminate myself from lynchpools, so now I can catch scum, go me!'

Both of these could lead to IMO.

So Munch has gone from town to null for me I think.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:19 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Oops. I used the wrong spoiler.

Nikk, why do you have a town read on flavour?
PvtUrist wrote:
I don't disagree with this. If we look at the reasons people gave for town-reading munch earlier:

Spoiler:
In post 147, rosterfoster wrote:I agree with Munch town. Her latest post follows the pattern of openness and honesty that we have seen so far.
In post 137, Flavor Leaf wrote:I thought Munch’s explanation for voting me was pretty townie. I don’t see scum going through that much and having that thought process to explain a vote on me that they don’t even expect to have much come onto it.
In post 309, Komodo wrote:Munchmellow: I get a strong town read here. First off, everything you've said flows together in a stream of thought and comes with mostly solid reasons.

They all essentially follow the same theme (Nauci also townread her, but didn't say why). The thing is, I could see this both ways. Scum munch lets this get to her head and goes all-in on the 'I'm giving all my reads and reasons perfectly, go me!' thing that Urist was saying, but also town Munch thinks 'Good, I've managed to eliminate myself from lynchpools, so now I can catch scum, go me!'

Both of these could lead to IMO.

So Munch has gone from town to null for me I think.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”