Newbie 1910: Aerial Photography [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:54 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Nineja

not feeling a GrandWazoo lynch. i think he's exhibited some pretty towny traits which Nineja is lacking.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:56 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 225, the worst wrote:VOTE: Nineja

not feeling a GrandWazoo lynch. i think he's exhibited some pretty towny traits which Nineja is lacking.
Town case GW for me, let's see if you can bring me around to it. I'm not seeing towny too much from him.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:01 am

Post by the worst »

i actually think his continued push on yyotta is town indicative

could be reading too much into his play atm but i like the fact he's just unapologetically done his thing. gl + me + plenty of other people have reached out to him and the way he's reacted hasn't been like. scum agendaey at all. he's made no effort to appear artifically towny or pocket anyone, i get the feeling he was pushing yyotta's slot quite genuinely as well.

his responses wrt playstyle conflicts have been really strong too. like i've thrown a few curly questions at him and i liked the haste & conviction of what he threw back.

also fwiw i'm...not sure how you see me as a viable GW partner right now but i think yunko's reach-out was town indicative for her.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:17 am

Post by YellowSnow »

Sorry it's been a busy week. I'm happy with my vote currently.

I see nineja as town, if only because there are other players that are scummier.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:18 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

Pretty sure I've received more scrutiny, criticism, analysis and even psychoanalysis than all other players combined. And I've been completely transparent in my motives and actions. Just ask yourself: "Does scum ever act this way?" Maybe really stupid scum, but I don't think that describes my play this game. Snarky, aggressive, occasionally combative, definitely. But not stupid.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:22 am

Post by YellowSnow »

if we can't lynch comp on his lack of interest how can we lynch anyone?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:27 am

Post by the worst »

talk me through which players you're seeing as distinctly wolfier than Nineja and why/if you townread Nineja, Yellow?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:41 am

Post by brassherald »

Look, from what I have seen, we can lynch about 5 of the players for lack of real interest, right now I would prefer to take a measured risk against people I have a chance to read correctly and have more NKA and associatives to work with on Day 2 than lynch people uninvolved just for the sake of their being uninvolved.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:41 am

Post by YellowSnow »

GrandWazoo and Compufan0 is my current scum team.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:45 am

Post by YellowSnow »

If we don't lynch the lurkers then that just encourages the other lurkers to continue to lurk.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:46 am

Post by brassherald »

They'll be replaced if they lurk too much.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:47 am

Post by YellowSnow »

Not willing to wait for that myself.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

VC 1.08

votes
[3] GrandWazoo
:
computerfan0 , JunkoChan , brassherald
[2] Nineja
:
the worst , GrandWazoo
[1] YyottaCat
:
GuiltyLion
[1] computerfan0
:
YellowSnow

[2] Not Voting
:
YyottaCat , Nineja

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-01-07 04:02:59)

Mod Notes
: Prodding Nineja and GuiltyLion.
I have corrected errors in VC 1.07.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:51 am

Post by the worst »

In post 232, brassherald wrote:Look, from what I have seen, we can lynch about 5 of the players for lack of real interest, right now I would prefer to take a measured risk against people I have a chance to read correctly and have more NKA and associatives to work with on Day 2 than lynch people uninvolved just for the sake of their being uninvolved.
t h i s

over the last year if there's one thing i've learned about lynching day one:
if you make a "compromise lynch" day one, town is substantially less likely to win.
you gain no information from lynching someone due to low activity. the only real reason to lynch based on low activity, IMO, is if everyone who is posting seems to be town.

out of those posting i think {brass, junko} are the most widely townread. otherwise everyone is scumspected by someone.

we should definitely lynch based on scumreads today.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:52 am

Post by the worst »

GL why are you still voting Yyotta out of RVS? :( I felt like you had like the starts of some pretty interesting insights when you were here.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:53 am

Post by YellowSnow »

Lurking is a scumread for me. Saying there is nothing to go by when everyone else seems to be able to find things to go by is equally a scumread.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by the worst »

from like an "holistic meta" point of view (i.e. across the entire site), lurking/replacing out is not a reliable scumtell.
i think from an analysis of newbie games replace-outs are very slightly more likely to be scum but it's like..not a high enough number that it's worth going by. :<

do you think both scum are in the lurkers? (e.g. it's likely to be like, Yyotta/computerfan; you townread pretty much everyone who is active; etc.)
because if not i would very strongly encourage you to consider a more viable wagon on a player who is active, and poses a threat as scum. lurkers sort themselves out in later phases. :/

i think i spoke about the notion that "scum pushes low hanging fruit". this definitely includes lurkers. i don't think you fit into this category fwiw, but it's very common to see scum who are frozen and unable to make stronger reads hyperfocus on lurkers, or players who do things that can be considered annoying. keeping momentum on reading people who are actually in the game rather than focusing on lurkers is hugely beneficial.

i'm not... super? vexed because i don't all that strongly townread either of those slots. but i think there is scum in the people who are posting actively. i know it's instinctual to want to punish lurkers for not playing the game & remove the risk that they're just "coasting by" but this is a LOT easier to resolve later in the game when either:
1) they replace out; or
2) they continue to prod-dodge and display bad faith behaviour (it's hard to tell the difference between busy irl / warming up / lurking scum d1); or
3) they start playing the game

and most vitally: the town win condition is not "lynching lurkers", or removing annoying players. the town win condition is lynching scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by the worst »

sorry just a bit of a stream of consciousness thing.. i think there's definitely a #teachingmoment here, but i know it's a bit of a strange concept to tackle. let me know if you want to ask anything or talk through stuff.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

One could also say that you are defending your lurking scum buddy.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 238, the worst wrote:
In post 232, brassherald wrote:Look, from what I have seen, we can lynch about 5 of the players for lack of real interest, right now I would prefer to take a measured risk against people I have a chance to read correctly and have more NKA and associatives to work with on Day 2 than lynch people uninvolved just for the sake of their being uninvolved.
t h i s

over the last year if there's one thing i've learned about lynching day one:
if you make a "compromise lynch" day one, town is substantially less likely to win.
you gain no information from lynching someone due to low activity. the only real reason to lynch based on low activity, IMO, is if everyone who is posting seems to be town.
I can agree with this train of thought, basicly what I was arguing against GW earlier, we can't base our lynch today on activity alone

I still don't see a good reason to vote nineja, but for that same reason I don't want to put him at L-1 here

p-edit @Yellow this is also true and will get more apparent if that's the case, but defending lurking scum buddies is a extremely risky move
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 243, YellowSnow wrote:One could also say that you are defending your lurking scum buddy.
Absolutely.
One could say you're scum with another active player.
One could say you're scum with Yyotta so you're pushing another lurker slot to get off you.

There are so so so many "possibilities" in mafia. one thing I don't do as either alignment in an IC position is misrepresent game theory; Junko's backed me up here and i think GL/brassherald will regardless of alignment as well.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

wait ninjea is not at L-2 mixed the votes with GW

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by the worst »

@Junko, do you townread Nineja?
I noticed your comment about "good non invasive logic" (sorry if i'm miswording here). do you think that's town indicative & could you talk me thru what about his posts you found towny?
sorry for overquestioning, i'm just not seeing it. i think it's one of those things where it's easy to see his long posts and go "wow he's playing the game" but the more i'm reading them the more i'm just...not seeing a town mindset there...
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 247, the worst wrote:@Junko, do you townread Nineja?
I noticed your comment about "good non invasive logic" (sorry if i'm miswording here). do you think that's town indicative & could you talk me thru what about his posts you found towny?
sorry for overquestioning, i'm just not seeing it. i think it's one of those things where it's easy to see his long posts and go "wow he's playing the game" but the more i'm reading them the more i'm just...not seeing a town mindset there...
can we do the opposite? you tell me what screams scum about them? let me be the phicologist for once

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

And yes I do townread him

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”